Page 103 of 446 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by metagrody6 View Post
    Geez, what's the requirement for honor roll?
    Above an 80, but you need above an 85 for for 2nd honers and like a 91 for the 1st honors.
    Im looking to get into 1st honors this marking period since it will be extremly short. I NEED to do better in Science and extra classes like dance and drama.

Ooh, a thread about school problems? Count me in!

Let's see...

~I got a 69 on my bio exam, which is 1 POINT away from passing
    ~I was supposed to get a European History class this semester, but the counselers' computers got f**ked up and I, along with apparantly several other people, had their schedules screwed up. >:[ So I have no idea whether I go to it on Monday or not, since I haven't heard back from my counselor since she told me that I was supposed to get in...

Aaaand, that's all I can think of, for now. -.- Ugh, school can only get worse from here, and I've still got another 3 1/2 years left @_@

My Friend Safari is Light type.

Quote Originally Posted by A_TROLL_NAMED_SLACK View Post
    Above an 80, but you need above an 85 for for 2nd honers and like a 91 for the 1st honors.
    That sounds extremely easy. Do you have a hard school?

That sounds extremely easy. Do you have a hard school?
    Oh ho ho, no way man.
    It is a bad school after all, i only got an 82 since i almost failed science because i failed 2 tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson1 View Post
    Today in Organic Chem lab, we were instructed to perform an electrophilic aromatic substitution experiment, which despite the name isn't a very intimidating procedure. However, out of the 34 or so people in my section, no one was able to obtain the major product :/ so it was minor products for all! After that debacle, our TA informed us that 99% of the students who have performed the experiment have not been able to complete it successfully... I question why they still include it in the lab manuals every year when it's nigh impossible to obtain the intended product.
    As a TA to college undergraduates, I would probably keep it on the manual as well. When I design labs for my students, most of the time, I frankly do not care whether or not my students produce certain results. I design my labs so that my students learn a procedure and know how to do it if they ever go to graduate school or need it in the real world. Your TA wants you to have the experience of doing the electrophilic aromatic substitution, and he or she probably does not care if you get the right product or not.

Honestly, when I was in undergrad, I didn't understand this. I thought that I had to get a certain result. Now that I am in graduate school, I realize that all of the laboratories that I had in biology and chemistry weren't about the results - they were about me learning how to do something so I would have that experience when I needed it for real. There is so much that goes on in graduate school that I am SO thankful to my college for for giving me that experience, desired results or not.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    As a TA to college undergraduates, I would probably keep it on the manual as well. When I design labs for my students, most of the time, I frankly do not care whether or not my students produce certain results. I design my labs so that my students learn a procedure and know how to do it if they ever go to graduate school or need it in the real world. Your TA wants you to have the experience of doing the electrophilic aromatic substitution, and he or she probably does not care if you get the right product or not.

Honestly, when I was in undergrad, I didn't understand this. I thought that I had to get a certain result. Now that I am in graduate school, I realize that all of the laboratories that I had in biology and chemistry weren't about the results - they were about me learning how to do something so I would have that experience when I needed it for real. There is so much that goes on in graduate school that I am SO thankful to my college for for giving me that experience, desired results or not.
    Hmm, I think I see what you mean. Thanks for clearing that up most of the TAs I've had have been that way, and I didn't know if it was just their personal way of instructing the lab sections, or something else. It does sort of make sense when you put it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoste View Post
    You were talking about safe cooking. Guess what happens when you don't cook safe.
    (It starts with "D" and ends with "amn, my kitchen is on fire")

I had a horrible experience in my Human A&P 142 Lab today (or yesterday but, whatever). We were studying the urinary system and for better understanding, we had to do urine test using ourselves as the donors. So in a group, one person has a choice of doing one of the following: eat 12 pretzels and 2.oz of water, drink 3 cups of 2.oz of distilled water, 12.oz (6, 2.oz cups) of diet soda or 4 "shots" of 2.oz of distilled water with one tablespoon of baking soda in each shot.

And guess who wanted to take one for the team and drank the baking soda? For an hour and a half I couldn't drink or eat, and had to pee as much as I could into a small cup every 30mins. That experience will haunt me for a good month or two.
    Well met, friend! This is my signature.

Where to begin.

I'm overwhelmed. Completely and utterly overwhelmed. Or at least I was...

I've always heard that college is the end all be all of your life, it determines what kind of job you get, and in turn determines show much money you will make, what people will think of your intellect when you get older... everything could be decided by how well you do or whether or not you decide to go there.

So basically I've had it drilled into me do to college and do really well or you're doomed.

So I threw my all into it, and studied, and studied, and studied...

...and it really felt like my personal life went down the toilet... It was like there was a this constant guilt trip hanging over me saying that I was going to fail the next test/paper/whatever because I wasn't trying hard enough... And the fact that several people around me in class were failing, didn't help.

So what's the result of all that? I have a 4.0 GPA, and was ready to freakout. The stress was overwhelming... It got to point that it felt like I couldn't think straight.

So I took a semester off, and here I am. I just needed to vent... really badly. I feel like I've abandoned everyone and everything that used to make me happy. I miss having fun. I miss having a normal life. Never again. I am never doing that again.
    Finally free til the 17th
    Now if my computer will cooperate...

My fics

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-kun View Post
    Where to begin.

I've always heard that college is the end all be all of your life, it determines what kind of job you get, and in turn determines show much money you will make, what people will think of your intellect when you get older... everything could be decided by how well you do or whether or not you decide to go there.

So basically I've had it drilled into me do to college and do really well or you're doomed.

...and it really felt like my personal life went down the toilet... It was like there was a this constant guilt trip hanging over me saying that I was going to fail the next test/paper/whatever because I wasn't trying hard enough... And the fact that several people around me in class were failing, didn't help.

So what's the result of all that? I have a 4.0 GPA, and was ready to freakout. The stress was overwhelming... It got to point that it felt like I couldn't think straight.

So I took a semester off, and here I am. I just needed to vent... really badly. I feel like I've abandoned everyone and everything that used to make me happy. I miss having fun. I miss having a normal life. Never again. I am never doing that again.
    OMG U poor thing! U took on it WAYYYY to seriously. I have a 3.5 GPA and well, still have fun in my life (Not as much as I used to) But in 4-5 years it will SOOO pay off!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi-kun View Post
    Where to begin.

You definitely needed a break, I hope you feel a bit better now I'm in college as well, and my first year I was overwhelmed, not really knowing what I wanted to do with my life, and feeling like I was a failure because I wasn't getting the grades I wanted. But this past semester I decided to start fresh and be relaxed about my classes. Every time I worked on something, I told myself "I'm going to do the best I can, and whatever happens, happens." Surprisingly for me, it was my best semester by far, both grade-wise and in terms of enjoying the college experience. You just need to relax, study hard and do your best in classes, but don't worry about what the economy will be like when you graduate, or what people will think of you based on your job, because you can't really control that. There are many things in life that are more important than landing a high-paying job, which you might not even enjoy anyway. So just take it easy; concentrate on your classes but don't let them consume you, and make sure to walk on the sunny side of the street.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoste View Post
    You were talking about safe cooking. Guess what happens when you don't cook safe.
    (It starts with "D" and ends with "amn, my kitchen is on fire")

Finals next week, then the next semester starts...

Finals for stats and chemistry are gonna suck, but overall, it shouldn't be that bad. English too, maybe. Whatever, it'll be fine.
    I am no longer active. Do not FC or contact me. I won't respond.

I chose my instrument today. The clarinet.
        Spoiler:- My Claims:

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/ekrf5x.jpg [/IMG]Credit to Victini01!
    Jesus is the way.

Scholars Bowl team won! 5-0!
    if youve never heard of lebanon kansas learn the name

HG FC- 0261 1686 4446

Black FC- 0518 7584 9410

Gen VI FC: 1049-0257-8808

Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?

Clickee for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellyfisher View Post
    Quick, switch to piano.
    I would give anything to switch to piano.

Hooray, congrats!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Nice. Clarinets are awesome (or so I've heard - but then, my form tutor is a Clarinet teacher after all). But I'll never know for sure, since I suck at blowimg into thimgs, whether they're clarinets, balloons, or just into the air.

Quick, switch to piano.
    I would give anything to switch to piano.
    Why not just play piano on your own time or take lessons? I taught myself how to play piano. Or do you just not like your instrument?

Good for you. You made a wise choice. I play saxophone, but clarinet is a nice instrument to play too. It'll be harder to stand out in band class, though, unless you're super talented.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Nyter09 View Post
    OMG U poor thing! U took on it WAYYYY to seriously. I have a 3.5 GPA and well, still have fun in my life (Not as much as I used to) But in 4-5 years it will SOOO pay off!
    Yeah, no duh. ^ ^; I'm definitely going to try to balance things out next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameson1 View Post
    You definitely needed a break, I hope you feel a bit better now I'm in college as well, and my first year I was overwhelmed, not really knowing what I wanted to do with my life, and feeling like I was a failure because I wasn't getting the grades I wanted. But this past semester I decided to start fresh and be relaxed about my classes. Every time I worked on something, I told myself "I'm going to do the best I can, and whatever happens, happens." Surprisingly for me, it was my best semester by far, both grade-wise and in terms of enjoying the college experience. You just need to relax, study hard and do your best in classes, but don't worry about what the economy will be like when you graduate, or what people will think of you based on your job, because you can't really control that. There are many things in life that are more important than landing a high-paying job, which you might not even enjoy anyway. So just take it easy; concentrate on your classes but don't let them consume you, and make sure to walk on the sunny side of the street.
    Thank you. Hearing that from somebody else really is helpful. I'm going to do the best I can, and whatever happens, happens will definitely be my new motto. Until Fall I'm not even going think about any of it, and then I'll just try to do my best, but relax.
    Finally free til the 17th
    Now if my computer will cooperate...

My fics

I don't like partying. I don't like other people. I don't like my parents.

Should I go to University?

My school has this special event every year called "Student Teacher Administrator Program" where selected students
    (usually people with the highest grades in a certain subject or with some sort of special skill in something) get to replace teachers, councilors, coordinators, admins, and staffs for 3 days.
    long story short, I'm gonna be a History teacher for three days and I'm pretty nervous.
    Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Withdrawn Trader View Post
    My school has this special event every year called "Student Teacher Administrator Program" where selected students
    (usually people with the highest grades in a certain subject or with some sort of special skill in something) get to replace teachers, councilors, coordinators, admins, and staffs for 3 days.
    long story short, I'm gonna be a History teacher for three days and I'm pretty nervous.
    Wish me luck.
    Lucky.

I wish I could teach chem at my school. Apparently, everybody thinks that our chem teacher is a bad teacher (I think he's actually really good, though) so I could earn instant respect that way.

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeHitokage View Post

I'm the same way. I wanna go to full sail.
    BLACK FRIEND CODE :1077 4097 9449
    Current runs: Cecil only run of ff4,fighter only run of ff1 and a 6 heart run of skyward sword.
    78% Pokémaniac! If Pokémon wasn't here, your life would be very different. You're probably addicted to the Pokémon games and try to get new ones as soon as you can, watch the animé every time and think about Pokémon all day. Yet, something probably gets in the way between you and Pokémon that prevents you from confusing this world and the Pokémon world.
    HG nuzlocke run team:butterfree

mE I hate Galentino

Join This Forum Me and Jk Dans Made.

Note: Jk Dans is a Professional Webmaster

My art shop

*my artshop is now doing xat avi's

Quote Originally Posted by Roylan View Post
    mE I hate Galentino
    I love you too. Enough to spell your name right. Now give me a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by RevengeHitokage View Post

Yeah...you would have to interact with people somewhat, you don't have to party if you don't want to, and if you go to that or either some sort of college you can get a job afterwards so you don't have to live with your parents...

"Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor."

Page 103 of 446 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast