Page 111 of 446 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 11144

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Woohoo! I finished my satire essay! Now for the rest of my seemingly endless homework. At least I got the biggest thing done.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I'm stuck taking Spanish II this semester since I put off my language requirement until the last minute, and we had to do these dialogues with partners we were randomly given. Of course, I get the guy who makes me write the whole f*cking dialogue because he's too incompetent, I have to do the Powerpoint, and then when I ask him to just proofread it he doesn't even do that. I hate working in pairs/groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I thought you were straight, Kreis.

My school environmental club... God, where do I begin! Traditionally, in our school, the top 2 grades do announcements. But the grade 2 and 3's are doing it now. What's next, Healthy eating club?

Last Fall I had what we call a Portfolio Review. Basically, I have a short amount of time to present some of my best work to the faculty, and we get critiqued on our presentation. It's essentially to help us get ready for interviews and the like once we graduate. Anyway, we had a "guest" there this past review, turns out he's an alumni and an incredibly well known/respected designer around here. So he and I had a great conversation about my work before my time was up, and I felt pretty good.

Fast forward a few months and one of my teachers happens to be working with him on a show. Apparently they ended up talking about me (somehow) and my teacher gives me his contact info and tells me I need to email him because he wants to give me work.

So, I email him and now we're in the first stages of figuring out when he's in town/I can work with him and on how many shows I'd do after I graduate in June.

tl;dr I made a good impression and now I have my foot in the door with an outstanding designer.

Congrats, Spookz! That's awesome. =)

I finally understand how Trigonometry works today... Three days after it was first introduced to us. Who new that S<=>D button actually changed fractions to decimals? Thank you review days.

Only got two wrong on my World History quiz despite guessing for a third of the questions. We watched a Monty Python video about Oliver Cromwell. Wasn't as funny as all the other videos, but still was a laugh to me.

Quote Originally Posted by intergalactic platypus View Post
    I'm stuck taking Spanish II this semester since I put off my language requirement until the last minute,
    Next year when I'm a sophomore, I will feel your pain. I have and will take 0 language courses this year, and the sad thing is everyone I know has taken them already, so I'll have less people I know in those classes. I should be more focused on now though, I'm probably one of the few Freshmen who got into World History- 97% of the people in there are at least Sophomores.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Synthetic Division is SO MUCH better than Long Division...
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

God, this research is a pain in the ***. Since is winter session, things goes by really fast. Right now I'm doing research paper about controversial topic. Since SOPA and PIPA is the easiest topic I could think of. I need only 1 question about SOPA and PIPA, care to help? The question cannot be bias

It's my final year of primary school ^_^
    anyway there was 20 new enrollments at our school so i was in a straight 6 class to A 5/6 class.

Whole Sec 1 level had to stay back for a Bio test. I'm not sure if it was already planned beforehand or whether it was because I wasn't listening in Bio... Well luckily I'm, I'd say, sorta naturally-talented at Bio so no problem for me
    Also got caught playing 'broom-fight', something like fencing, with my friend. Ironically I was the cleanliness rep and I was playing against the other cleanliness rep ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by chimp891
    It's my final year of primary school ^_^
    anyway there was 20 new enrollments at our school so i was in a straight 6 class to A 5/6 class.
    Enjoy it while it lasts my friend, as they say, primary school is where you make friends for life... I'm not sure whether Australia has PSLE but just work really, really hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilijix
    Who new that S<=>D button actually changed fractions to decimals? Thank you review days.
    I knew that 2 years ago. And I'm pretty sure everyone else does too
    Last edited by SS_Append; 9th February 2012 at 1:13 PM.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Wasn't feeling too great so just walked out halfway through our first lecture.... again. I really need to stop doing this. (: To be fair, he was going on about pointless things and I just came back home to get on with assignments! More productive!

xxx

I'm supposed to start working on a lab in my cartography course this week that's going to help me immensely with my final project.

...And it's due on the exact day my design plan for said project is due.

Aside from that (and a reading of a map of poverty in the US in 2005) I don't really have anything aside from simulation turn reports to do for two full weeks. It's like undergrad's almost too easy.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I just spent three hours this morning trying to finish a Science project...
    Only to discover I was doing the wrong thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    I just spent three hours this morning trying to finish a Science project...
    Only to discover I was doing the wrong thing entirely.

Owwww. That's got to...

...owww.

Anyways, guess how long Ian has been up, folks? If you've guessed "about six hours now", then you're correct! I've been up since 1:45 AM. ****ing sleeping issues.

School is going to be long, today.

Though probably obvious with the picture, I was formerly known as IanDonyer. Actually got a username closer to my real name, now.

when I get acute insomnia, I take melatonin... but then I sleep through the alarm. decisions, decisions...
    Current PO ubers ranking: 236'th

And hating me is, in fact, an option

Quote Originally Posted by Unorthodox View Post
    when I get acute insomnia, I take melatonin... but then I sleep through the alarm. decisions, decisions...
    How much do you take? Try cutting down on it if possible, see if that still helps you sleep but not deep enough to sleep through the alarm. *shrug* I dunno.

Though probably obvious with the picture, I was formerly known as IanDonyer. Actually got a username closer to my real name, now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilijix View Post
    Next year when I'm a sophomore, I will feel your pain.
    Spanish is extremely easy and painless, so you won't have many problems if that is the language you are planning to take.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Came home early to do some presentation notes. Finished those hand-written presentation notes about thirty minutes ago. All the presentation notes have been stained by Coffee. The lesson being that if you're a Computing student, do everything on a Computer!!! (And keep Coffee away from said Computer cause that situation could be a whole lot worse.)

xxx

I have a larp for History on the French Revolution. Here's the script so far.
        Spoiler:- Script:

キバゴ

jeez... post-primary school (1-9th grade) seems sooo difficult when i read these last pages...

any1 got a tip for me? im in 8th now. Is it really really really important with high grades in 9th grade? judging from what people tell me its like, if you dont get B or higher in every subject you could just go die cause there is no future for you.

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

I had my GCSE options evening today.
    Credit to Pika Pal Lyra

Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang97 View Post
    jeez... post-primary school (1-9th grade) seems sooo difficult when i read these last pages...

any1 got a tip for me? im in 8th now. Is it really really really important with high grades in 9th grade? judging from what people tell me its like, if you dont get B or higher in every subject you could just go die cause there is no future for you.
    Oh well High school (9th-12th) isn't that bad. Its a little bit more challenging and you get a little more homework. The only advice I can tell you is DO YOUR HOMEWORK. That affects your grades like crazy.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Oh well High school (9th-12th) isn't that bad. Its a little bit more challenging and you get a little more homework. The only advice I can tell you is DO YOUR HOMEWORK. That affects your grades like crazy.
    From my experiences I actually got LESS homework. But yes, do your homework or you'll end up like my friend, a Super Senior.
    Credit goes to MagicMochi. Check out their shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder
    While it is very reminiscent of a lot of journey trainer fics, it held my attention. It stands out among a lot of the other fics I've read lately and I'm excited to continue the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Lucario View Post
    From my experiences I actually got LESS homework. But yes, do your homework or you'll end up like my friend, a Super Senior.
    Well yea it sometimes depends on your teachers and such. But I got a cousin whos a super super senior. I'm not even joking with that.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

i. had. an. ela. algebra. spanish. AND. science test today. all i want to do now is go lalalalalalalala. i go to school already from 8am to 5pm so thats torture enough without four tests (2 unit exams, algebra breezed through it and ela hurt my wrist writing so much, 1 spanish quiz i barely remebered the name for winter, invierno, and a bio pretest that made me think hard about what i could remember and what i couldnt remeber from last year cause it was two of the exact tests we had last year)
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

Page 111 of 446 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast