Page 151 of 446 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,775 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HikariGlacea View Post
    So much homework today... and I'm soo tired. .—.
    Sleep is more important than homework. That's a lesson I learned pretty quick.

| survival project |
    | this trainer is different. everyone knows it, but no one can explain it. |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | he's hiding something. she just doesn't know it. |
    | on hiatus|

| love and other nightmares |
    | limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |
    | chapter 3 released 11/22/14 |

Quote Originally Posted by diamondpearl876 View Post
    That's right, but I have too many things to do.

Not unless you get detention for not doing it~

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    Whoa. I had forgotten that detention even existed.

I value sleep way more than I do homework. In college, you have a triangle of things to focus on: Sleep, Study, and Social life. You pick two and let the third suffer, and sleep is almost always the third one. I try to procrastinate on homework so that I can sleep instead. B)

~~~
    My past two weeks have been brutal. Huge psychology project, an exam and quiz in quick succession for geology, constant stress over music theory (I have to compose a baroque piece by next week), and a potential research paper in my useless liberal studies course. All jam-packed into a week and a half.
    Last edited by Grei; 2nd May 2012 at 4:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Whoa. I had forgotten that detention even existed.

I value sleep way more than I do homework. In college, you have a triangle of things to focus on: Sleep, Study, and Social life. You pick two and let the third suffer, and sleep is almost always the third one. I try to procrastinate on homework so that I can sleep instead. B)

~~~
    My past two weeks have been brutal. Huge psychology project, an exam and quiz in quick succession for geology, constant stress over music theory (I have to compose a baroque piece by next week), and a potential research paper in my useless liberal studies course. All jam-packed into a week and a half.
    Yep, I'm definitely a non-sleeper.

I stayed up tonight to read more Communist meeting documents from the 1940s, and I got so bored of Soviet propaganda that I went and hacked half my hair off with a pair of scissors.

It doesn't look as bad as it sounds. But the amount of work I've done is another matter altogether.

3am and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    Hmm, true. :/ Well, I'm assuming you're in high school. You can look forward to college where, at least, you don't have much homework. I didn't, anyway.

| survival project |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | on hiatus|

| limited time, limited abilities. kyurem says she can be cured in exchange for saving those who need saving. |

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    You live in Texas?
    By Star you mean STAAR, right?
    California, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate555 View Post
    Yep, I'm definitely a non-sleeper.

I stayed up tonight to read more Communist meeting documents from the 1940s, and I got so bored of Soviet propaganda that I went and hacked half my hair off with a pair of scissors.

It doesn't look as bad as it sounds. But the amount of work I've done is another matter altogether.

3am and counting...
    I hear about a lot of people who do that... The latest I'm up on homework is like 10 pm. I've never gone past midnight for school... I have only on purpose.

I've got a bit of a debacle. Apparently, after everyone has turned in their course applications, my high school is giving new courses (why?). One of them is French, which I'm interested in trying instead of Spanish, which I plan to take next year. Should I go through the trouble of getting to change Spanish 1 and 2 to French 1 and 2? I probably can still change my schedule.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilijix View Post
    California, actually.

I hear about a lot of people who do that... The latest I'm up on homework is like 10 pm. I've never gone past midnight for school... I have only on purpose.
    Oh, but its 4:25am and the night is young!
    Actually, if it's school that's a different matter. It has a real sense of routine (like a 9-5 job) so it's good to normalise sleeping patterns. Plus I don't need to be up again in 3 hours. Or 4, or 5, or 6.....heck, if the next day was a write-off it would matter not.

I've got a bit of a debacle. Apparently, after everyone has turned in their course applications, my high school is giving new courses (why?). One of them is French, which I'm interested in trying instead of Spanish, which I plan to take next year. Should I go through the trouble of getting to change Spanish 1 and 2 to French 1 and 2? I probably can still change my schedule.
    I'm a little confused. Do you want to try French for just a year, before going long-term with Spanish? Surely you'd want to stick with one subject and then stick it out for both years?

I can't remember the last time I did homework.

I graduate this summer.

See you later suckers.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate555 View Post
    Oh, but its 4:25am and the night is young!
    Actually, if it's school that's a different matter. It has a real sense of routine (like a 9-5 job) so it's good to normalise sleeping patterns. Plus I don't need to be up again in 3 hours. Or 4, or 5, or 6.....heck, if the next day was a write-off it would matter not.

I'm a little confused. Do you want to try French for just a year, before going long-term with Spanish? Surely you'd want to stick with one subject and then stick it out for both years?
    I'm not too worried about waking up with high school. My goal is to always get homework done the night before (except rarely doing a few math problems in the morning) so I can just eat and then leave.

No, here's more explanation: My Graduation requirement is two years (twenty credits) for one language, but in reality, the classes are accelerated, so each class is half a year. So French 1 and 2 and Spanish 1 and 2 are one year's worth.

I want to learn French instead of Spanish. I've heard from friends that Spanish is a difficult and often unfair class due to the teacher (I have a chance of getting another teacher, but I wouldn't want to risk it). My parents say I should do Spanish since I have Spanish relatives, but still... Doing multiple languages would be a waste in my opinion unless I really want to be a polyglot.

To sum it up, I don't want to do Spanish period and I want to do French instead.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    I graduate this summer.

See you later suckers.
    Ho snap.

Well, assuming I pass the exams pessimism for good luck!

I'm not too worried about waking up with high school. My goal is to always get homework done the night before (except rarely doing a few math problems in the morning) so I can just eat and then leave.

No, here's more explanation: My Graduation requirement is two years (twenty credits) for one language, but in reality, the classes are accelerated, so each class is half a year. So French 1 and 2 and Spanish 1 and 2 are one year's worth.

I want to learn French instead of Spanish. I've heard from friends that Spanish is a difficult and often unfair class due to the teacher (I have a chance of getting another teacher, but I wouldn't want to risk it). My parents say I should do Spanish since I have Spanish relatives, but still... Doing multiple languages would be a waste in my opinion unless I really want to be a polyglot.

To sum it up, I don't want to do Spanish period and I want to do French instead.
    Ah, right. If I were in your shoes I'd probably end up being stubborn and taking French. There's only so much that one year in a language will give you; might as well make it two years and turn it into a real skill.

Ugh... last week before finals and we're literally doing nothing in any of my classes, yet the teachers are still taking roll.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

College classes end tomorrow. :I

キバゴ

I'd say: do what you want. French is a beautiful and interesting language. It's also rather easy to grasp. I took it all 4 years in high school and now it's pretty much useless, but it was an experience nonetheless.

I refused to take Spanish since almost everyone else was taking Spanish and I knew it was a common language. I knew it was more beneficial to learn Spanish, but I wanted to be different... lol. I don't regret my choice, though.

| survival project |
    | complete |

| flying in the dark |
    | on hiatus|

Just took my chemistry 2 final, got a 73, which is good because i needed a 56% to keep my B, now I have the chance for a bump in final course grade!
    then 3 finals next week.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Just took my math final. It was a disaster. Here's hoping I did well enough with the rest of the work to pass the class.

Taking some standardized tests this week. Its the most boring part of school for sure; a day in one room, finishing the test in less than an hour and wasting the other hour (two tests per day, so four hours). On the upside, because of the tests we have the school day cut two and a half hours.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Quote Originally Posted by Skydra View Post
    Taking some standardized tests this week. Its the most boring part of school for sure; a day in one room, finishing the test in less than an hour and wasting the other hour (two tests per day, so four hours). On the upside, because of the tests we have the school day cut two and a half hours.
    Lucky you. The last time I took a standarized test (4 or 5 years ago in 11th grade), I finished the test in like 45 minutes, and our school's(or states'?) policy was that everybody taking the test in the school building had to finish before we were let out of the classrooms. We were in the room for like 6 hours. They wouldn't let us talk either. I slept for like 3 hours.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I'd say: do what you want. French is a beautiful and interesting language. It's also rather easy to grasp. I took it all 4 years in high school and now it's pretty much useless, but it was an experience nonetheless.

I refused to take Spanish since almost everyone else was taking Spanish and I knew it was a common language. I knew it was more beneficial to learn Spanish, but I wanted to be different... lol. I don't regret my choice, though.
    Hey, at least people still speak French. I'm stuck taking Latin, which is useless as far as communication goes. It may be useful for the vocab section on the SAT (coincidentally a section I already felt confident about before Latin), etc, but I envy my friends who take Spanish because I've always wanted to learn a foreign language.
    I'm sure, years from now, I'll be glad I took Latin, but right now I hate it. I'll probably hate the next two years too.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalVictini View Post
    Just took my math final. It was a disaster. Here's hoping I did well enough with the rest of the work to pass the class.
    Woah, I know that feeling. I suck at math. And I got finals coming up, with my math final shaping up to be an unconquerable, un-passable behemoth.
    And I have definitely not done well enough in the rest of the class to pass if I fail the final. Gah.

After some chatting today I've found I'm not the only one wanting to take French, so I'm probably going to take it. I just need to send an email whenever I have the time...

Star Testing today was fun, at least in the last half. Math was ok except for the questions that wanted to trick me (where two answers could logically be right). The World History takers had to spend a while longer to take a History Star Test. Funny thing was there were only six people and everyone finished half an hour early, so we randomly decided to play Pictionary on the Whiteboard. Surprisingly, everyone knew what an abacus was...

The History test itself though had somethings that we weren't taught. Also, I'm not sure why, but there was a question asking about how computers were beneficial to the increase of knowledge throughout the world. Right after a Cold War question and it was the second to last one.

The History test itself though had somethings that we weren't taught. Also, I'm not sure why, but there was a question asking about how computers were beneficial to the increase of knowledge throughout the world. Right after a Cold War question and it was the second to last one.
    Those are the questions that usually take a few minutes to think, like, application history questions.

Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    -something about Latin-
    I took Latin in HS for 3.5 years. It helped me in SAT vocabs. and I am a biology major, so some phrases make sense to me.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

im will be grade 6

"Pokeballs are red, water is blue, I came here to search for you and I will catch you!"
    ~brendan25

Current Team in Pokemon Y:

3DS FC: 2895-7891-8754

I took my only final today. It wasn't too bad, although one question was about hydrogon embrittlement, which was nowhere in the notes. I shouldn't have a problem passing the class, but I was aiming for an A.

Have to procter a class's final exam tomorrow. I'm worried I'll wake up at like 1 in the afternoon (the test is supposed to run from 10:30 to 12:30). I'll probably forget to bring something to do and end up sitting there bored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    I graduate this summer.

See you later suckers.
    I graduate...Friday.

Whoa.

After 21 years its coming to an end
    Quote Originally Posted by KickAsh View Post
    I suck at math.
    I know this lady that's taking college classes online. She said she's already failed algebra twice, and expects to fail it a third time this semester.

Maybe that's just incomprehensible for me because I've always been great at math.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

College classes for spring are dun yay

キバゴ

Page 151 of 446 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast