Page 188 of 446 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    Student Lounge makes it sound like it should be full of loads of broke young people who can only afford to have noodles for dinner every day......*waves hand*
    I wouldn't mind having noodles for dinner everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by Ambree View Post
    oh i didnt get paid, my mom had to pay the school and the stores and crap. so it wasnt fun. i dont get anything for going to school. i dont even get allowance from my mom for doing chores. my mom buys food and everything.
    Story of my life.

I don't really want to offend anyone but I'm afraid I've got to say...children should not get paid to go to school - it sends completely the wrong message about money and education.
    Totally agree.

I believe, when possible, children should get some kind of allowance so they can begin to learn the value of money and money management but it should be made clear that that's why they're getting the money and based around chores or something, not school
    Totally agree, again.

Also Ł100 a month is disgusting. At that age I got, maybe a fiver a week. What could you possibly spend it on, especially if all the things you actually need are bought for you? That much money just as spending money will not teach you the value of money, if anything it'll do the opposite. If I had children I would never give them that much money even if I could afford to give them double that.
    You guessed it... I agree again.

his mom/dad is rich, duh. so they dont care about money management. as ive said, i dont get allowance for chores or anything... how i get money:
    $3 for washing our car, which the drought is causing a ban on that right now
    and my mom gives me 10˘ any time i find a typo somewhere. strangest typo was on a sign at wallgreens. i was the first peson to notice it.
    Wasn't Shade a girl?
    And, once again, in this day and age, there's something called "saving", like what I'm doing to get BW2 without my parents knowing.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

his mom/dad is rich, duh. so they dont care about money management. as ive said, i dont get allowance for chores or anything... how i get money:
    $3 for washing our car, which the drought is causing a ban on that right now
    and my mom gives me 10˘ any time i find a typo somewhere. strangest typo was on a sign at wallgreens. i was the first peson to notice it.
    there are more rich people on here other than me? Everyone gets mad at me on here cuz of my rich additude. and Instead of car wash I do babysitting. you get way more.

Credit to me

The funny thing about this is that you misspelled "Walgreens". :)

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    I wouldn't mind having noodles for dinner everyday... :D
    You would if you actually did have noodles for dinner every day. Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by drizzleboy12 View Post
    there are more rich people on here other than me? Everyone gets mad at me on here cuz of my rich additude. and Instead of car wash I do babysitting. you get way more.
    I know I'd rather babysit than wash cars all day. I tutor already, so I'd conveniently find a time where the parents are too busy but the kid has to do homework for me to chime in and help them. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Eep Ive caused lots of questions. So I'm just gonna put down all I know and bothered to read.
    1. I don't get any pocket money now
    2. I have to buy my clothes
    3. My parents hate Pokemon so I would not be buying anymore Pokemon stuff anymore other than around November/December time cos that's when my birthday and christmas are
    4. If I want a phone I have to pay the PAYG or the contract
    5. Yes as scrafty scrafty said I'm a girl
    6. This is London and I want to buy those expensive good quality clothes from places like oxford street and Selfridges.
    7. My dad thought I wouldn't be going to the school I'm going to cos I got two scholarships and an exhibition to another school (cutting the fees in two), but my mum said it would be too much pressure on me to keep the scholarships.
    8. My family isn't extremely rich because we couldn't afford to send me to the school I wanted to go to without me getting a scholarship (which I didn't get).
    9. And I'm saving for: black AND white 2, Pokemon conquest and a 3dsXL (all of which I'm going to try and get on 1 afternoon on my way back from school, depends if conquest is out in the uk on 12th October)
    10. $3 is like 50p or something so whoever said they were getting that for washing a car, you're getting underpayed. In uk people charge like a tenner for a car wash.
    Last edited by Shade2000; 4th August 2012 at 8:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Eep Ive caused lots of questions
    Think of it as... Sparking a discussion.

Eep Ive caused lots of questions. So I'm just gonna put down all I know and bothered to read.
    3. My parents hate Pokemon so I would not be buying anymore Pokemon stuff anymore other than around November/December time cos that's when my birthday and christmas are
    4. If I want a phone I have to pay the PAYG or the contractT
    6. This is London and I want to buy those expensive good quality clothes from places like oxford street and Selfridges.
    7. My dad thought I wouldn't be going to the school I'm going to cos I got two scholarships and an exhibition to another school (cutting the fees in two), but my mum said it would be too much pressure on me to keep the scholarships.
    8. My family isn't extremely rich because we couldn't afford to send me to the school I wanted to go to without me getting a scholarship (which I didn't get).
    9. And I'm saving for: black AND white 2, Pokemon conquest and a 3dsXL (all of which I'm going to try and get on 1 afternoon on my way back from school, depends if conquest is out in the uk on 12th October)
    10. $3 is like 50p or something so whoever said they were getting that for washing a car, you're getting underpayed. In uk people charge like a tenner for a car wash.
    This was my explanation.

Are you answering questions?

Then I suppose you'll have to get a job to get pocket money. And I'd say I'm sorry that you want to buy expensive clothes but you can't, but I'm not sorry because that's how most people live. That's how I live. I buy clothes from thrift stores if I can. I own five pairs of shoes - one pair of tennis shoes, one pair of Tevas for my field work, two pairs of sandals, and one pair of nice dress shoes. Whenever my shoes wear out, it's a big deal because I have to come up with the money to buy new ones. Why on earth do you want to spend exuberant amounts of money on name-brand clothes when you can go down the street to the department store and buy the exact same thing for a fraction of the price?

I do feel bad for you about this. Why do your parents hate Pokemon?

4. If I want a phone I have to pay the PAYG or the contract
    Yup, that's typically how that works.

7. My dad thought I wouldn't be going to the school I'm going to cos I got two scholarships and an exhibition (cutting the fees in two), but my mum said it would be too much pressure on me to keep the scholarships.
    I'm confused about this. So you didn't get the scholarship to the school you wanted to go to, but you got scholarships to another school? At any rate, congratulations on the scholarships that you did get

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

This was my explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Are you answering questions?
    What varanus said.

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Why do your parents hate Pokemon?
    It's a violent portrayal of animal abuse.
    It's a distrction from studies and a waste of Ł100.

I'm not exactly posting the exact answer to the questions, I'm posting everything about the Ł100 subject.

Why buy expensive clothes? Because they're not fakes. They're good quality. That's what people my age wear these days. Also, the cheaper ones are usually copies so is someone copied Ray Ban sunglasses then they couldn't put the name on the side, people in my school brought fakes abc got questioned by the police.

Because they think I play on it all the time. They think I'm being ignorant and not doing what they say on purpose by not stopping when they ask but I'm usually in a battle against Caitlin for the elite 4 or something.

About the scholarships correct. But I'm not going to either of those schools.

Why buy expensive clothes? Because they're not fakes. They're good quality. That's what people my age wear these days. Also, the cheaper ones are usually copies so is someone copied Ray Ban sunglasses then they couldn't put the name on the side, people in my school brought fakes abc got questioned by the police.
    Different = Better
    Obviously you don't buy those that scream "Imitation made in China", do you?

Because they think I play on it all the time.
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

There are more types of clothes in the world besides "expensive ritzy name brand" (like Gucci or Chanel) and "cheap knock-offs". There is a middle ground of well-made, reasonably-priced clothes that don't cost $100 for a blouse. There is never a need to buy the expensive name-brand clothing. There is nothing inherently better about a shirt sold by Gucci and a shirt sold by a department store. When you buy name-brand, you are paying for the name, not the quality of clothing. Don't get me wrong; there are cheap knock-offs of clothing brands - but you usually only run across those when you are specifically looking for a name-brand. Clothing from a department store like Belk or Kohl's lasts just as long as Gucci or Chanel clothing - it's just cheaper, and no one who cares about you cares what brand of clothing you're wearing.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I never said I would be buying ALL of my clothes from shops like that, I said some.

What, so now we're not allowed to wear clothes that we want to wear? Let alone say what we want to say? Just because What is the world coming to?

^ what she said.
    It's just my preference varanus.

2. I have to buy my clothes I dont, my mom does
    3. My parents hate Pokemon so I would not be buying anymore Pokemon stuff anymore other than around November/December time cos that's when my birthday and christmas are when we're having a bad month or something, my mom will stop at gamestop and c if theres any games I dont have. She like that I have a release to stress in them.
    4. If I want a phone I have to pay the PAYG or the contract My mom pays like $70 a month for me
    6. This is London and I want to buy those expensive good quality clothes from places like oxford street and Selfridges. Deparment store or brand name, no difference unless the clothes r falling apart the first few wears.
    7. My dad thought I wouldn't be going to the school I'm going to cos I got two scholarships and an exhibition to another school (cutting the fees in two), but my mum said it would be too much pressure on me to keep the scholarships. If u tried in school it wouldnt be much pressure at all. Im on financial aid and scholarship.
    8. My family isn't extremely rich because we couldn't afford to send me to the school I wanted to go to without me getting a scholarship (which I didn't get). what I said for 7
    9. And I'm saving for: black AND white 2, Pokemon conquest and a 3dsXL (all of which I'm going to try and get on 1 afternoon on my way back from school, depends if conquest is out in the uk on 12th October) Im saving for BW2 (both oc but I got a 3ds cause I had a crappy bday. I have no way of getting money other than what I said and I want to preorder my copys
    10. $3 is like 50p or something so whoever said they were getting that for washing a car, you're getting underpayed. In uk people charge like a tenner for a car wash. and yes Im very underpaid... My mom pays me anywhere from $3-10 depending on how much work, sometmes the car isnt very dirty and Im just trying to get some cash
    My mom ALSO regulates MY money. She buys I pay back from the money. I cant buy it without her permission.
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    What, so now we're not allowed to wear clothes that we want to wear? Let alone say what we want to say? Just because What is the world coming to?
    You don't see anything wrong with an eleven-year-old being paid Ł100 each week to go to school, nor with someone claiming that clothes not of an extortionate price are rip-offs and cheap?

Hey! Don't talk about me as if I'm not there.
    1. You can say you're opinion and there is nothing wrong what you think, other people don't have to agree but it doesn't mean they cant think that.
    2. I'm almost 12
    3. It's Ł100 a MONTH

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    You don't see anything wrong with an eleven-year-old being paid Ł100 each week to go to school, nor with someone claiming that clothes not of an extortionate price are rip-offs and cheap?
    The second part, yes, but that doesn't mean that you suddenly have to attack her. That's what half the people in my school thinks, anyway (though mainly due to the fact that they come from rich, upper-class families, probably). The times are changing.

2. I'm almost 12
    Is there a difference?

3. It's Ł100 a MONTH
    That's still quite a lot, considering you don't go to school 31 days a month.

3. It's Ł100 a MONTH
    My apologies. It's still bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    The second part, yes, but that doesn't mean that you suddenly have to attack her.
    Who's attacking her?

That's what half the people in my school thinks, anyway (though mainly due to the fact that they come from rich, upper-class families, probably). The times are changing.
    And that makes it perfectly fine? Times are indeed changing, but it's disgusting to think this is happening when you look at the state of the world's economies. Regardless, children should not be given money to go to school and be led to believe that less expensive clothes are "cheap" and "rip-offs".

I never said That I thought less expensive clothes were "cheap" and "rip offs" I just said that they might be fakes.

Yes it's bizarre, but not saying nothing against to my family

Oh, and you're partly attacking me.

Also, the cheaper ones are usually copies
    In what way are we attacking you?

I dunno. Saying other peoples ways are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    Who's attacking her?
    Have you heard of something called "metaphors"? You know, in English class, maybe?

And that makes it perfectly fine? Times are indeed changing, but it's disgusting to think this is happening when you look at the state of the world's economies. Regardless, children should not be given money to go to school and be led to believe that less expensive clothes are "cheap" and "rip-offs".
    Of course it's not "perfectly fine". But sometimes you have to live with these things and suck it up.

Though really, this is pointless. You're probably not going to stop her from thinking that cheap clothes are fakes or whatever the heck she thinks.

Page 188 of 446 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189190191192198238288 ... LastLast