Page 193 of 416 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 10381

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Regarding countries, Iv'e been to England, Scotland, Wales, France, Spain, Germany, Belgium, and the US (Georgia). I've also driven through Holland and Luxembourg. My family mainly holidays in the UK as my mum can't deal with planes so most of the times I've been abroad it's been with my school.

Also, it's ocurred to me that I haven't yet mentioned a single thing about my actual studentness so....I'm starting a 3/4 year Primary Teaching Degree at St. Mary's University College, Twickenham in September. I've spent the last two years doing a Level 3 Childcare and Education course at the local college.....it was totally lame but something I had to do to be able to get into uni. Before that I was doing A Levels at the sixth form of my secondary school but I left because I just couldn't stand either the school or A Levels anymore. >< But I'm feeling confident about the future now.

Current shiny hunts:
    Heart Gold - Route 32 - 19,300 REs
    X - Route 5 - Chaining Furfrou/Pancham/Skiddo

My school starts again in 2 weeks. ;-;

キバゴ

I have a little over a week until school starts, and I'm SUPER excited because this year's cross country team is gonna rock!

credits to Trickster44 for the banner

White FC:4341 6355 3018
    White 2 FC:4170 2427 0381

Appel's PC:

Quote Originally Posted by mr_brightside View Post
    I have a little over a week until school starts, and I'm SUPER excited because this year's cross country team is gonna rock!
    Yeah, our band is changed too. We feel excited because for the past 2 years we've only come home with "participation" awards. lol.

キバゴ

Our XC team is gonna take the state by storm this year. Through Jr. High and my freshman year, we were absolute ****, but last year we decided we wanted to be good, so our guys did the best in our schools history and got 5th in state. This year, our Junior class is stacked with me and a few other guys, and we plan on trophying this year

credits to Trickster44 for the banner

White FC:4341 6355 3018
    White 2 FC:4170 2427 0381

Appel's PC:

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    yeah but i still want to go, to see the statue of liberty and other stuff like that, also they have a nintendo store ;p
    I know a good Chinese noodle shop by Nintendo World, just across the street and down the slope a little, very clean and they have some of the best duck outside of Chinatown.

If you do go there, I suggest going to Rockefeller Center which is right next door to Nintendo World, and underneath is a underground mall with a good amount of stores. The lego store is also nearby and there's always the giant Christmas tree.

You can also try the GIANT Toys R Us too in Times square, thing's so big you can fit a ferris wheel inside of it which it does have and operates, though you do have to pay, though the main problem is that it's often very crowded. There's also the M&M store with a BUNCH of M&Ms and M&M merchandise.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

My year is ok, so far. I'm retaking some courses to get better grade for the RN program. I have friends from previous semesters in them. The only thing bad is that I can man up and ask this cute girl I sit next to in speech for her number.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    My year is ok, so far. I'm retaking some courses to get better grade for the RN program. I have friends from previous semesters in them. The only thing bad is that I can man up and ask this cute girl I sit next to in speech for her number.
    Just do it. If you don't, you'll regret it. If you do, you MIGHT regret it, but you MIGHT not. Statistically, you should go for it for the lowest chance of regret.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

On the topic of countries, I've been to England (duh), Scotland, Wales, South Korea (again, duh), China, Thailand, Singapore, France, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Italy, USA, and Canada (Vatican City, too, if it counts). I really want to go to Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Brazil when I get the chance.

School starts in three and a half weeks... And I have no idea how I should spend it (apart from studying) after the Olympics end. *headdesk* Any suggestions?

Finished summer school last friday... Fall sem of school starts in 3 weeks.... now waiting for grades from summer and see if my GPA would let me get this scholarship...

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Sigh... Two more weeks to go before school starts. Got my books today so I can start preparing a little before the 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    Finished summer school last friday... Fall sem of school starts in 3 weeks.... now waiting for grades from summer and see if my GPA would let me get this scholarship...
    Good luck!

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Current endeavors:

starting back as a freshman in hs wednesday. set up most of my locker today, we were right by walmart but somehow my mom left her purse at home, so she had no wallet to go and buy more stuff... and no drivers licence on her right then, 40 miles of driving and nothing.
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Houndour
    EGGS: 486
    Im back everyone

Shop will be open soon for 5th gen

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    On the topic of countries, I've been to England (duh), Scotland, Wales, South Korea (again, duh), China, Thailand, Singapore, France, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Italy, USA, and Canada (Vatican City, too, if it counts). I really want to go to Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Brazil when I get the chance.

School starts in three and a half weeks... And I have no idea how I should spend it (apart from studying) after the Olympics end. *headdesk* Any suggestions?
    I haven't been to Japan for more than a flight transfer, and I'm Japanese, so I really want to go there. o:
    I've only stepped foot on two continents.

As for what to do for three weeks, I don't know... play Pokémon?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambree View Post
    starting back as a freshman in hs wednesday. set up most of my locker today, we were right by walmart but somehow my mom left her purse at home, so she had no wallet to go and buy more stuff... and no drivers licence on her right then, 40 miles of driving and nothing.
    You guys can set up your lockers before school actually starts? I may be weird for thinking this, but that actually seems pretty cool. (:
    And you have a Wal-Mart near your school? There aren't any Targets or Wal-Marts in the city where I live, if I remember correctly.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    I know a good Chinese noodle shop by Nintendo World, just across the street and down the slope a little, very clean and they have some of the best duck outside of Chinatown.

If you do go there, I suggest going to Rockefeller Center which is right next door to Nintendo World, and underneath is a underground mall with a good amount of stores. The lego store is also nearby and there's always the giant Christmas tree.

You can also try the GIANT Toys R Us too in Times square, thing's so big you can fit a ferris wheel inside of it which it does have and operates, though you do have to pay, though the main problem is that it's often very crowded. There's also the M&M store with a BUNCH of M&Ms and M&M merchandise.
    M&M's stores are epic! There's one in leicester square, I've been.
    I'll need to write that all down, in case we go this summer. Hopefully we've got a place to stay as friends live in Greenwich (in new York).
    An underground mall, interesting.

You've been to tonnes of places! What I would give to be you! Went to the athletics at the Olympics last night and saw Dai Greene and Usain bolt! What tickets did you get?
    As for what to do you can lay in bed and be sick like me. Or, see some friends, go out to places, go shopping, since your in London you can go to museums, the science museum is good. And go and look at all the flags of the world hung up on regent street, then there's an Olympic shop on the top floor of John Lewis on oxford street.

M&M's stores are epic! There's one in leicester square, I've been.
    Ooh, I know that one! I haven't actually been inside myself, but some of my friends have, and apparently it's a cool place. What's it like in there?

Well, let's start with the cons. Everything is a total rip off price. Its really hot and they pump music really loud over load speakers. Really crowded. Now the pros: it has some really cool merchandise and dome cool things to take photos of. Of course, lots of chocolate. Pick n mix M&M color tubes. Some type of color scheme M&M in shaped plastic cases (like I got a star shaped one with red white and blue M&Ms. So it's quite cool. It's like your run of the mill fan shop, if you've been in the London 2012 megastore, it's like that but without the ques to get in.

Do you battle Pokémon competitively? If not you may want to start that, as it takes a while to build a team and learn all the stuff... if so, make a new team?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

If you want to do competitive battling, you could join my clans' weather tournament, apparently its open to the public. it takes a while to train the teams

I went to school today for book pickups, and boy did I get pissed off. They moved everyones locker. This is the first time my school does this. They usually just give you a locker your freshman year and its yours until you graduate. A janitor even told me that it was the principles idea and that its pointless. I'm pissed off. My locker used to be upstairs and now its in the basement. -___-

Also I got my Chromebook today, and I was playing around with it. Its pretty badass. Thats the best thing the school did so far, give everyone a laptop for their High School career.

Well, let's start with the cons. Everything is a total rip off price. Its really hot and they pump music really loud over load speakers. Really crowded. Now the pros: it has some really cool merchandise and dome cool things to take photos of. Of course, lots of chocolate. Pick n mix M&M color tubes. Some type of color scheme M&M in shaped plastic cases (like I got a star shaped one with red white and blue M&Ms. So it's quite cool. It's like your run of the mill fan shop, if you've been in the London 2012 megastore, it's like that but without the ques to get in.
    Don't forget to mention that they have M&Ms you don't usually find normally and they show off some of their new M&M products. I believe when I last went, they were showing us the coconut ones, though t could have been Pina colada.

And you should expect things to be overpriced, it's NYC for crying out loud.

Also, I was in Beijing in 08 during the Olympics and my grandparent's apartment was basically a hop, skip, and a jump away from the main Olympic venue. Though I got to see some track and field, beach volleyball, rowing, and badminton while I was there. So crowded and hot though! Thank god for subways.

Also, if you're ever in Beijing, I recommend you go to the Hong Qiao pearl market, which is basically a giant bazaar. It's right across the street from a tourist hot spot and you can be reached by Subway. They have pearls, clothing, accessories, toys, videogames and videogame systems, though I believe they are pirated, but yeah, a lot of cool stuff.

And on a side note, Beijing has great street food, though you need to be out on the streets early in the morning, or late at night after it gets dark. Don't plan on driving there either, even the most seasoned drivers have a hard time. There's a lot of horn hoking, though unlike the American horn honk which is the equivalent of "**** you!" China's are less aggressive, though not as much, but the drivers are aggressive in return. So if road tests wanted to be hard, they would have you test in China, but mainly urban areas in Beijing.

Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Move in to college next week... Trying to do a few breeze through on my past courses in preparation for my new classes.. Hopefully the weekend before classes start lets me refresh my mind. Work keeps getting in the way though.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

my locker number is u666 (theres 3 floors so i got the upper floor.) tomorrow i find out where my classes r. had to get my id pic taken with poison oak/sumak on my face. im so blotchy... i do get a locker near a person i met during work study. nice to c her again. also, i painted my locker during work study lol.
    so overall, school starts tomorrow and i hope its good... though i know absolutely no one from my school... well i know a sophmore but no other freshmen.
    Current Shiny Hunt:
    Houndour
    EGGS: 486
    Im back everyone

Shop will be open soon for 5th gen

Also, if you're ever in Beijing, I recommend you go to the Hong Qiao pearl market, which is basically a giant bazaar. It's right across the street from a tourist hot spot and you can be reached by Subway. They have pearls, clothing, accessories, toys, videogames and videogame systems, though I believe they are pirated, but yeah, a lot of cool stuff.
    I've been to the Hong Qiao Market before! Though the one time I was forced there, my grandma dragged me there when I was like six.

They've sold legitimate video games before there, even ones from the US, which amazes me. I've never bought anything at that Market, but it's still a pretty nice place.

And talking about pińa colada makes me want some. NOW.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I feel bad now because I haven't traveled in like, ever. The farthest I went was Georgia and Alabama. Oh well. I haven't been much of one to leave my surroundings.

キバゴ

Don't forget to mention that they have M&Ms you don't usually find normally and they show off some of their new M&M products. I believe when I last went, they were showing us the coconut ones, though t could have been Pina colada.

And you should expect things to be overpriced, it's NYC for crying out loud.
    I was talking about the one in London, since that's where I live and that's the one I've been to.

Page 193 of 416 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast