Page 201 of 442 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,025 of 11031

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Yeah I think most UK'ers go back around the start of September.

Annoying thing about my Art work is that I'm not entirely sure what I have to do and my Art teacher is quite strict (the main reason why I dread Art each week).

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Going back to school sucks.
    I take art as well, the new topic for this term is going to be 'The Figure'. Ugh - if there's one thing I hate drawing its people. I can just never get them to look right for some reason. Throw in a self portrait section and you have one project which I'm dreading.
    Why can't we draw trees instead?

Mine is something to do with choosing an exam question and working on it. I chose "Found Materials" (looked the easiest at the time) and I have to pick a topic to do with that question. I have no idea...

I'm ok at art........ Ok pretty good. I got an art scholarship to a secondary school which I'm not going to.

Lucky for you -.-

I cannot draw to save my life and I'm not very creative, 2 things needed in Art. I really wish I hadn't picked it...

If you can't draw to save your life WHY IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD are you taking art!

That's what I'm thinking right now. I originally chose 3D Art (making 3D stuff) but for some reason the class is now Fine Art (drawing). I wish I had of chosen Business Studies instead.

I probably won't take art as a subject.

As I've probably said before, I can't do three-dimensional art for my life. Spriting and other pixel art, sure, but my school doesn't really care about pixel art.

That's why I'm doing TA instead this semester. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

You could do Graphic Art, most people my parents know (inclung themselves) have got degrees or MAs in Grapic Art.

I can be quite creative and originally art did appeal to me as a subject but I decided against it as I can't really put down my creativity onto paper.

I'm dreading my results (24th Aug) I think I've done alright apart from Physics, which I think had a really hard test, plus it's one of my best subjects and one I intend to take futher.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    You could do Graphic Art, most people my parents know (inclung themselves) have got degrees or MAs in Grapic Art.
    A conversation I had with my counselor last year:
    "Hey, is there going to be a graphic arts class next year?"
    "No, [the teacher who's teaching it] is leaving this year for family reasons."
    "Can't [the principal] just hire another teacher for the class?"
    "It depends on whether or not anyone wants that position. If not, then I'm afraid there won't be that class next year, Jamie."
    "...Oh."
    "And besides, you wouldn't want a bad teacher teaching one of your favorite subjects, right?"

I didn't really mind a "bad teacher" at the time, but I was sad that it wasn't being offered. ):

Too bad, maybe you could study it as an online course, my next door neighbour is doing that because he can't study two of the subjects he wants at the same time at his school.

Eww, I have a thing against online courses... ><''

Why? What's wrong with and why ewww?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Why? What's wrong with and why ewww?
    I just don't like taking them... and I don't have that much time on my hands for them, either.

Plus, an online art class seems weird. I'd understand if it were math or English, but art? Not really. :/

Yeah ok, I suppose, you have valid reasons.

...Yeah. :/

Hopefully, a graphic arts teacher will be hired next year or something. So far, though, I'm not too confident.

Good thing though is I have only one year left at school and then I leave and can stop doing Art forever (I don't plan to take Art further)!

Speaking of Art Courses, I'm now able to take an advanced Art course next year. I was recommended to be in one of them last year, but I gave up the chance taking another kind of course that I felt was more important. I don't regret anything, though. In my future years, I'll still be taking other more advanced Art courses. I've been painting during the summer too, so at least I'll have more stuff to show.

Well, I'm looking forward to my next year of school. Last year was kind of "meh" for me, but I'm confident that things will be better. There are courses I'm taking this year that actually interest me more than before (I didn't care much for Physical Science last year, really).

I'm questioning the reliability of art as a career path at the moment. Is it really something which can earn oneself a steady income? I mean its fun to do in school but as a job its sort of something which you have to force yourself to do and it depends a lot on whether you actually feel creative enough to produce something of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I'm questioning the reliability of art as a career path at the moment. Is it really something which can earn oneself a steady income? I mean its fun to do in school but as a job its sort of something which you have to force yourself to do and it depends a lot on whether you actually feel creative enough to produce something of value.
    I've never thought of that. But to be honest, I have no idea.

I'd imagine doing graphic design for a video game or something would be cool. I'd have less of a problem doing art for a project I like, especially if that project were a Pokémon game or something. (:

Yeah, doing the artwork for a Pokemon game would be awesome. I actually did a section of my coursework last year based on the graphic design of the Legend of Zelda games and I produced a final piece based on this particular scene and it looked pretty damn good even if I say so myself.
    I noticed that I worked a lot harder on that particular course than any other because Zelda (along with Pokemon) is my main obsession and the fact that I was basing my artwork on it gave me a drive to do better I suppose.

i have a feeling the scene in that link was made for 3D cuz it looks kinda hypnotising. when i grow up i want to be an app/game designer and live in california.
    Art does bring in a steadyish income. My dad is an illustrator and he has a pretty steady income, but then he has nearly 30 years of experience. My mum works on magazines and has 25 years of experience. So if you want to make a good income in art you need to work your way to the top.

I actually managed to do it in 2D with a variety of pastels. We couldn't do anything in 3D because apparently that would have been 'the easy way out' according to my teacher. Yeah, cause as if doing 2D wasn't hard enough.....
    I had a feeling it would be something like that. Obviously I didn't think that you'd start raking in the cash right away but still, 30 years is a really long time.
    You're lucky you have such creative-sounding parents. I'd imagine you'd never be short of artistic inspiration in your house!

Page 201 of 442 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast