Page 214 of 444 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 11090

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas_Rocks! View Post
    First three days of my junior year of high school ended yesterday. I have to say, except for my select vocal class, Physics is the best in my schedule. It's kind of hard being one of the smartest kids in the class, and being younger than all but one in the class. It's even worse when my teacher says that to challenge me, no one else would understand a word he would say. It is a class of 8 students, but we are a small school (about 140 students total). I wish we had a better gifted program, but all we care about are sports.

Speaking of sports, football (american football) injures me every other year. I injured the same knee I injured two years ago, my freshman year. I had surgery on Monday to repair a meniscus tear from stepping in a hole. I was on the starting line too! The surgeon asked my parents when they wanted to do the surgery, they said it could be Monday or Wednesday. Of course, my mom thought I couldn't miss any school, so she said Monday. But on the plus side, one of the coaches asked me if I'll be ready for next year. We haven't even played a game yet. (But our team only has 37 kids out, and 3 of them, me and two likely starting seniors, are out on season ending left knee injuries.)
    I wish my AP Chemistry class was that small. We have over 30 in that class alone, and it feels a little crowded. It's only the first week, though, and I'm sure the class will shrink over time. As long as I can get my A in the class, then I'll be fine, I suppose. I'm paranoid at this point that I'll slip up and get a B+ somewhere, now that it's my senior year. The only problem about a great academic record is that you can only fall from that position...
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I wish my AP Chemistry class was that small. We have over 30 in that class alone, and it feels a little crowded. It's only the first week, though, and I'm sure the class will shrink over time. As long as I can get my A in the class, then I'll be fine, I suppose. I'm paranoid at this point that I'll slip up and get a B+ somewhere, now that it's my senior year. The only problem about a great academic record is that you can only fall from that position...
    I wish we had AP classes in my school. We don't have a very large curriculum.
    if youve never heard of lebanon kansas learn the name

HG FC- 0261 1686 4446

Black FC- 0518 7584 9410

Gen VI FC: 1049-0257-8808

Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?

Clickee for me?

I wish we had AP classes in my school. We don't have a very large curriculum.
    I didn't think it was possible to have such a small curriculum. Is it a small campus too, or just few people who go to the school? I can't say I've heard of a school favoring sports over academics though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

It is a one level school. We have 2 math,science, and english teachers, and one history teacher (I'm not adding the elective class teachers). We are cutting teachers, yet our practice football field and game field have in the ground sprinklers. Does that explain things?
    if youve never heard of lebanon kansas learn the name

HG FC- 0261 1686 4446

Black FC- 0518 7584 9410

Gen VI FC: 1049-0257-8808

Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?

Clickee for me?

It is a one level school. We have 2 math,science, and english teachers, and one history teacher (I'm not adding the elective class teachers). We are cutting teachers, yet our practice football field and game field have in the ground sprinklers. Does that explain things?
    Ah, ok, that does explain things a lot more. I'm starting to like sports less at my school now. Our track league has always been known for letting many on the team, but now it's all pure competition. Lucky for me, I'm a senior, so the new restrictions don't bother me as much.

soph undergrad college starts tomorrow for me >_> looks like I have to fix my sleep schedule again...

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Thank god it's a bank holiday.

I love it when classes get cancelled, for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Johto_girl View Post
    I love it when classes get cancelled, for the week.
    i don't really

last year the hurricane closed school for the first week, and i was incredibly bored the whole time :|

My Friend Safari is Light type.

Just got back from "orientation" it was pretty much a tour On my own...(Well not on my own I was with my brother, just wanted to make a Les Miserables refrence...) All we did was just walked to our classes and tried out our lockers... Those lockers are complicated (Didn't have locks on our old lockers), I could barely work it. The school isn't bad its a big school for the amount of students which is about 1400, I believe. Sorta very nervous coming from a private school (paid) to a public school (free) MUCH bigger my entire class had 29 people in it.
    Last edited by Turpoo; 27th August 2012 at 4:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nar_ View Post
    i don't really

last year the hurricane closed school for the first week, and i was incredibly bored the whole time :|
    During Wilma, my mother sent me to my aunts house in Orlando to go to school for the 2 weeks it was out in South Florida. WHAT THE HELL. lol. Everyone was playing jungle in my tree that fell and I had to go to some random school. It sucked. But since every school is closed in Florida because of Rick Scott, I'm able to be typing this now. Lmao.

キバゴ

Should I apply for Oxbridge with 3A* in English Language, English Literature and Law? I've already deferred my place at York for a year, but i'm wondering whether it's worth it. Would I have to withdraw my current place to send another application?

My first day of school was today. It was refreshing to see my old friends again. Our high school grew so much from all the Freshmen that we had to send our assembly into the gym, instead of upstairs.

Chemistry: A few friends from 8th grade were with me, and a whole new Chemistry teacher. She apparently has had "more years of experience than you were alive," so I'm hoping for a good time. And geez, there were tons of girls there with similar first names (all with K).

Algebra 2: There were a lot of different people in Algebra 2. I doubt it'll be as fun and funny as algebra, but I hope it's good. Something our teacher asked us; "How many people talk about this class?" Dead silence. By the way, that class is also my Cohort.

French 1: Since this was a whole new class that had just been made available, a lot of us didn't know what to expect. We spent the whole time learning each other's names in French. I forgot the words at this point, though. At least it'll hopefully be better than the Spanish teacher that everyone thinks is horrible.

Yearbook: Ah, another year in the best class ever. Well, the roster's completely changed, aside from ten of us, but if people get scared and drop out (which has happened last year), there's always room for more.

I've got more than enough supplies (pencils, pens, etc.) to last me this year, so I'd say I'm prepared.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

I've had to show four students how to turn a desktop computer on this week...and I'm expecting them to know how to do simple formulas in Excel by the beginning of September...it's gonna be a LONG year.

I asked them if they had never seen a computer tower before and they said, "No, I've only ever used a laptop". O.o Um, what?! Really?! Am I really that old???

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I've had to show four students how to turn a desktop computer on this week...and I'm expecting them to know how to do simple formulas in Excel by the beginning of September...it's gonna be a LONG year.

I asked them if they had never seen a computer tower before and they said, "No, I've only ever used a laptop". O.o Um, what?! Really?! Am I really that old???
    I was going to say, you should tell them how much it cost in the 1990s to buy just a few kb of RAM, but the students probably wouldn't even know what kilobytes or RAM is.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

idk? I am born in '93 and I have used those old computers with a separate monitor, turn on/off thing, keyboard, and mouse all plugging each other one way or the other...

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I'm bored of Summer. I'm glad I start school again next week, even if all my siblings are going this year (Mornings are going to suck because of that). The only negative things would have to be getting up early again and the fact I'll have the same Science teacher as last year.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

I'm happy that my friend got her first period changed to a free. Now I can hang out with her on Tuesday afternoons and Monday and Thursday mornings without having to just go home early and have nothing to do or just sleep in, respectively. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

tbh, the only hard thing about school, was going thru the hassle of paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by darkraigirl1937 View Post
    I'm bored of Summer. I'm glad I start school again next week.
    Me too. I'm so bored of just doing nothing and my parents making me do stuff I don't want to do...

It's not you; it's the youth these days. Spending their time on FB & Twitter, instead of something useful like The Student Lounge Thread.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    It's not you; it's the youth these days. Spending their time on FB & Twitter, instead of something useful like The Student Lounge Thread.
    Lol, Maybe they should spend their time here. But i haven't learned anything and i don't know any formulas on excel. It's what you get from using macs.
    But i'm a pretty good photoshop user.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    Lol, Maybe they should spend their time here. But i haven't learned anything and i don't know any formulas on excel. It's what you get from using macs.
    But i'm a pretty good photoshop user.
    I can't do anything with Excel or Photoshop D:
    But I work pretty well with Powerpoint.

I can do powerpoint too. learnt in junior school.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade2000 View Post
    I can do powerpoint too. learnt in junior school.
    Meh, pretty much everyone can do PPt and Word. It's a matter of who's better at it, if you're doing group projects and presentations etc.

Page 214 of 444 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218224264314 ... LastLast