Page 245 of 442 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 11044

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Yeah, I am. I scored a 5 on the AP Calculus AB exam as well, so I know my math, up to that level, anyway.

Oh, yeah, we did that in Honors Chem last year. Luckily, no one was stupid enough to look at it inside the closed container. Our lab took almost the whole class period to completely react, and it was only 2.0 M HCl we used.
    Oooh, nice! I only got a 3 on the AP calc test. But I am perfectly fine with that.

How long is your class period?

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Oooh, nice! I only got a 3 on the AP calc test. But I am perfectly fine with that.

How long is your class period?
    It's only about 54 minutes or so. Most periods here are about that long, except 3rd, which is an hour and 3 minutes.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

It's only about 54 minutes or so. Most periods here are about that long, except 3rd, which is an hour and 3 minutes.
    Ah. I've had chem labs that take five hours. Enjoy hour long labs while you can.

5 hour Chem lab? That sounds like hell. I have a 3 hour Physics lab this semester, but luckily it's only every other week.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Ah. I've had chem labs that take five hours. Enjoy hour long labs while you can.
    Ugh, good thing Chemistry isn't an area I'm interested in concerning my major, then. I could handle long labs every now and then, but that's it. Definitely going into the direction of math.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Ugh, good thing Chemistry isn't an area I'm interested in concerning my major, then. I could handle long labs every now and then, but that's it. Definitely going into the direction of math.
    You might need Chemistry depending on what you plan to do with a math major.

IMO, majoring in math is kind of useless, or at least less useful than other technical majors. Math is more of a tool that you use to solve problems, and it'd be much more lucrative if in addition to straight math, you majored in something more practical, like physics or engineering or something.
    Last edited by Bolt the Cat; 20th September 2012 at 1:43 AM.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    You might need Chemistry depending on what you plan to do with a math major.
    Yeah, I know. That's why I'm taking AP Chemistry, though I don't aim for a Chemistry-heavy math major. Of course, chemistry does apply a lot of math, though I'll see where I am a year from now in college.

EDIT: Oh, no, I'm not planning to major in general math. I know better than that. I'm looking more at Applied Mathematics, the stuff that's actually practical to use, preferably with something like Physics as my "application" field.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 20th September 2012 at 2:12 AM.

I just had a Geometry test, I feel like I did good on it. We were also supposed to get a quiz on the sane day, but my teacher is cool (: .
    I also had another test for History, not a good feeling about it *___*
    No.

That's insane. How many of those five hours are dedicated to the actual lab procedure and how much is dedicated to other stuff? D:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I had 7h physics labs once a week... that was pretty brutal....

Trading stuff:
        Spoiler:- Friend codes::

3DS: 3523-3147-6204 - Friend safari: Electric; Dedenne, pikachu, galvantula

RNG'd shinies for trade: * (x2) (x2) (x2) * Mild nature and IV's: 22/16/27/31/31/30 (UT but not lvl 1) except *'s
    Want: any shinys I don't have (I don't care about nature, moves, IV's etc, just shinyness :P)

Today's the last day of the third term, and I didn't go X_X, something about a 5 hours grade 12 farewell mass just didn't appeal to me

Spoiler:- Friend Code(s)/Trade Shop/Credit:

What's with the ridiculously long labs? I mean, I'm in college and I'm only doing 3 hr. physics labs every other week.

Hey you, another common denominator!
    I got a 3 too! but my uni wants a 4 so I am retaking it. and I got B on both intro chem 1 and 2, which is basically a 3 on AP. No improvement. XD

and yes, hour long labs, enjoy it. Even in microbiology labs I take an hour ish to an hour and a half!

Oh, and for my column chromatography part of my lab, I had to redo it a few times because 1) first time I used vacuum instead of air 2) second and third time i didn't pour enough eluent (hexane to start, and tert-butyl methyl ether is the second one).
    Yeah, personal mistakes eats time. *pacman face*

organic chemistry labs so far makes me feel dumb, very dumb

not to mention, doing pre-lab and post-lab take more time out of my life >_< ugh.

I will have my first microbiology and organic chemistry lab next week. Except I haven't been studying much because I got distracted by some kongregate games... (headbutt until i learn amnesia and frustation)

5 hour Chem lab? That sounds like hell. I have a 3 hour Physics lab this semester, but luckily it's only every other week.
    What's with the ridiculously long labs? I mean, I'm in college and I'm only doing 3 hr. physics labs every other week.
    What's your major!? Usually in chemistry, as far as I know, heating and setting up things can take a while...
    Last edited by Kacho; 20th September 2012 at 6:16 AM.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Yay... a test on empirical and molecular formulas and nomenclature in chemistry on Friday. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Yay... a test on empirical and molecular formulas and nomenclature in chemistry on Friday. x_x
    LOLOL. my professor just taught the nomenclature rule for alkanes this tuesday and i still haven't get to memorizing the carbon chain attachments to the main carbon chain like... isobutyl and few others not in my head right now.

Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    LOLOL. my professor just taught the nomenclature rule for alkanes this tuesday and i still haven't get to memorizing the carbon chain attachments to the main carbon chain like... isobutyl and few others not in my head right now.
    Wow... the only stuff I really know right now is that CCl4 is carbon tetrachloride, H2SO4 is sulfuric acid, barium chloride is BaCl2, and FeO is iron(II) or ferrous oxide. Will I have to learn all of that isobutyl stuff in my chem class? ):

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Wow... the only stuff I really know right now is that CCl4 is carbon tetrachloride, H2SO4 is sulfuric acid, barium chloride is BaCl2, and FeO is iron(II) or ferrous oxide. Will I have to learn all of that isobutyl stuff in my chem class? ):
    lol no. i never learn that in HS either *shrug*
    maybe other than methane, ethane, butane, propane, and the -enes, and the -ynes.

Though you might want to know the "strong" and "weak" acids of your school as well as basic naming rules.
    and by that, it's easy to identify which elements which and which ion/acid/base are which.

yeah.. don't want to scare you away from chemistry.

molecular and empirical.. to this day I still have trouble remember which is which. though molecular is.. the molecule. empirical just sounds like roman empire in my head.

Flying Safari:

Hey you, another common denominator!
    I got a 3 too! but my uni wants a 4 so I am retaking it. and I got B on both intro chem 1 and 2, which is basically a 3 on AP. No improvement. XD

and yes, hour long labs, enjoy it. Even in microbiology labs I take an hour ish to an hour and a half!

Oh, and for my column chromatography part of my lab, I had to redo it a few times because 1) first time I used vacuum instead of air 2) second and third time i didn't pour enough eluent (hexane to start, and tert-butyl methyl ether is the second one).
    Yeah, personal mistakes eats time. *pacman face*

organic chemistry labs so far makes me feel dumb, very dumb

not to mention, doing pre-lab and post-lab take more time out of my life >_< ugh.

I will have my first microbiology and organic chemistry lab next week. Except I haven't been studying much because I got distracted by some kongregate games... (headbutt until i learn amnesia and frustation)
    I've never done column chromatography before (at least not yet). I hope I minimize mistakes because in my lab, if you screw up horribly, you have to start over. What's your major?

This is a bit random but in less than 3 weeks of learning Spanish our teacher has taught us all how to say ass in Spanish. Sometimes I wonder why they let her teach us in the first place...
    SIGNATURE? AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR DAT

3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Norns View Post
    This is a bit random but in less than 3 weeks of learning Spanish our teacher has taught us all how to say ass in Spanish. Sometimes I wonder why they let her teach us in the first place...
    That's usually the first thing that everyone wants to know, all of the swear words

I am. So. Tired.

Seriously, I actually fell asleep in my free period today and had to be woken up by our head of line, who told me to go home and get some rest because I was clearly overworked. I blame the education system.

Urgh, I'm tired too. Not as tired as you though. I only did one bit of homework yesterday so now I've got loads. Loads. LOADS.

Ground FS: Camerupt, Phanpy and Diggersby. If you want to add me, VM me and tell me what's in your FS.

What's your major!? Usually in chemistry, as far as I know, heating and setting up things can take a while...
    I'm undecided ATM (I'm thinking physics, but I'm not sure), but the physics class I'm taking is designed for engineering (don't ask why).

I have lots of work to do, but for some reason I can't get off the internet.

Me too! Even when theres nothing to do if I can I'll always use the internet instead of doing my homework.

Page 245 of 442 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255295345 ... LastLast