Page 274 of 446 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonvampire View Post
    lmao sociology

go study a real major chump
    Whoa, wait a second. Why the harsh language? And what's wrong with Sociology? And since when does taking a test on a subject instantly mean that you're studying that major? I took a Chemistry test yesterday, but that doesn't mean I'm majoring in Chemistry, considering I'm not even in college yet. If you want to troll people, there are better places for that. "There's a time and place for everything, but not now."
    Last edited by Psynergy; 21st October 2012 at 4:19 AM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Whoa, wait a second. Why the harsh language? And what's wrong with Sociology? And since when does taking a test on a subject instantly mean that you're studying that major? I took a Chemistry test yesterday, but that doesn't mean I'm majoring in Chemistry, considering I'm not even in college yet. If you want to troll people, there are better places for that. "There's a time and place for everything, but not now."
    He's a troll, just check out the other stuff he posted.

Quote Originally Posted by OshaMijuWott View Post
    So... To all English Teachers: When an author is writing a book, they don't care how you are going to analyze or make meaning to it; they just wanna tell their story.
    This. Highlighting passages and looking for inner meanings, and the like was very stressful and annoying for me when I had to do it.
    Last edited by funrush; 21st October 2012 at 6:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    offering brutal, honest opinions =! "trolling"

i'm not going to sugarcoat everything i post in fairy dust just because some douche on the other side of the world is crying over my posts, sorry m8

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    a quick 5 second search reveals that he is, in fact, in college, derp. also, all of his other subjects (french, chemistry and neuroscience) aren't exactly attractive to prospective employers either. good luck finding a job with all that mishmash

clearly nobody in this thread plans for life beyond college
    Last edited by facetiously; 21st October 2012 at 7:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    If 12 g C-12 / NA = 1 actual amu, then 14 g C-14 / NA = 1 new amu.

I don't think Avogadro's number would change based on that... would it?
    Amu? What's an amu? I swear that we never talked about amus in Chemistry class. Then again our class is accelerated...

I spent TWO HOURS on an online Chem review for an extra-credit point increase of 2%. It was 89 questions. Then again are Chemistry tests are that long as well. Seriously, most of my tests in general rarely go past 50 questions, but Chemistry's are all at least 70. I don't think it was worth it, I've got an 88, and I'm probably going to get a B anyway.

So... To all English Teachers: When an author is writing a book, they don't care how you are going to analyze or make meaning to it; they just wanna tell their story.
    Some people like to take books seriously, but others just want to have fun reading. School always does the former. Thank goodness SparkNotes exists.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilijix View Post
    Amu? What's an amu? I swear that we never talked about amus in Chemistry class. Then again our class is accelerated...
    An atomic mass unit (symbols include amu, u, and Da for the dalton) is defined as 1/12 of the mass of a neutral carbon-12 atom.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

An atomic mass unit (symbols include amu, u, and Da for the dalton) is defined as 1/12 of the mass of a neutral carbon-12 atom.
    What level Chemistry is this? Is this A-Level? Even so, I'm pretty sure we don't do stuff like amu over here.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I disagree. This is what draws the line between an author and a praised literary genius. Just look at all of the classics. You can't possibly argue that there isn't deeper meaning in books like The Grapes of Wrath and The Scarlet Letter.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

I have till the end of half term to memorize the first 20 thingies on the Priodic Table of Elements for Science. I don't do Chemistry, Physics and Biology till 8th grade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Eek! End of term is coming up.... and I'm in the school musical... cannot... get... an... F!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dragonite View Post
    I wake up at around 7:30, because my earliest classes start at 9:00, which are a computer science class and a social dance class. We're learning the Foxtrot. Taking social dance? Best. Idea. Ever.
    Lucky! My classes start at either 8:20 or 8:50 because of assembly. I have to be in my tutor classroom by 8:10 and every other Thursday I have to be in 10 minutes EXTRA early to get changed for PE.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketMonstre View Post
    I disagree. This is what draws the line between an author and a praised literary genius. Just look at all of the classics. You can't possibly argue that there isn't deeper meaning in books like The Grapes of Wrath and The Scarlet Letter.
    There are deeper meanings is you're willing to read between the lines, yes, but different people enjoy books in different ways. Don't want your book ruined with deeper meanings and extra connotations which the author may or may not have intentionally put in? Don't analyse. I personally think that analysing books is interesting but it's pretty much the same with music. Some people like certain songs because it means something significant to them, and others just like it because it's good music.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    Lucky! My classes start at either 8:20 or 8:50 because of assembly. I have to be in my tutor classroom by 8:10 and every other Thursday I have to be in 10 minutes EXTRA early to get changed for PE.
    I wake up at 6:30. Mainly because I take aaaaaages to get ready and we have to drive all the way to our school bus stop, which I have to catch by 7:45, which usually arrives at school by 8:05, and we have registration at 8:25, then lessons start at 9:00... Anyway. It took me quite a bit to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I wake up at 6:30. Mainly because I take aaaaaages to get ready and we have to drive all the way to our school bus stop, which I have to catch by 7:45, which usually arrives at school by 8:05, and we have registration at 8:25, then lessons start at 9:00... Anyway. It took me quite a bit to get used to it.
    Ouch... My school is 90% boarding so I have lessons on Saturdays. And I get homework. And I have to hand in Friday's homework.

Well the end of the term is close.... and Im doing awful in A.P chemistry, rhetoric, and literature. need to pick those up @_@

still in the process of plotting out team. want it to be unique and amazing. gardevoir will be included even if she's over used xD and mighteyena cuz they r awesomazing.

send me a friend request please ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    Ouch... My school is 90% boarding so I have lessons on Saturdays. And I get homework. And I have to hand in Friday's homework.
    ...I'm glad that my school isn't boarding now. =p (You go to a private school, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    *sigh* Yeah, I know, and at this point, it's clear that a moderate approach didn't work. I'm sorry I responded to such post, since it didn't lead to any benefit. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry
    There are deeper meanings is you're willing to read between the lines, yes, but different people enjoy books in different ways. Don't want your book ruined with deeper meanings and extra connotations which the author may or may not have intentionally put in? Don't analyse. I personally think that analysing books is interesting but it's pretty much the same with music. Some people like certain songs because it means something significant to them, and others just like it because it's good music.
    Yeah, it's like reading poems. I think it's best to read a book first just for the sake of enjoyment. Analyzing should come after, though I know that gets tougher when reading a long book.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

...I'm glad that my school isn't boarding now. =p (You go to a private school, right?)
    Maybe. Maybe not. But on Sats I get to go home after 4th Period.
    Last edited by Argon Wartortle; 21st October 2012 at 9:17 PM.

My weeks been ok at school, did a rubbish algebra test on Friday

Ugh, just remembered I have a Spanish test tomorrow. Nooooooooooooo!
    ~ My 3DS Friend Code is 3523 - 2969 - 5609 ~
    ~ PM me if you wanna add me ~

~ PLAYING PLATINUM AGAIN LIKE A BOSS!!! ~

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    What level Chemistry is this? Is this A-Level? Even so, I'm pretty sure we don't do stuff like amu over here.
    I have no idea what an A-level chemistry course is...

All I know is that the atomic mass unit is one of the first things that is taught in any chemistry class here.

4 days out of school last week and I have no make up work for the weekend, I'm a free man today 8^)

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    4 days out of school last week and I have no make up work for the weekend, I'm a free man today 8^)
    You better hope that there's no make-up work for you during the week.

Personally, I'd rather have gotten the make-up work over the weekend so that I wouldn't be swamped on the weekdays.

I've been out of it for the past week. Not sure why. I've started to study for my Cost Accounting Final. I don't take it until December, but I need to prepare myself since I haven't been doing so well. I need to quit lazing around and start my paper that's due Thursday.
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

I have no idea what an A-level chemistry course is...
    It's a British term. You do your A-Levels in sixth form (that is, ages 16-18).

It's a British term. You do your A-Levels in sixth form (that is, ages 16-18).
    Oh, well in that case, I guess it'd be A-level chemistry. Chemistry is available for tenth- and eleventh-graders at my school, which would be for students around that age, I guess.

Worst luck ever!I got a D in geometry and a project in history I have to do(I haven't even started yet!)

Page 274 of 446 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284324374 ... LastLast