Page 283 of 446 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

I did a science experiment on gummi bears in biology. Other than that, I didn't do much today, and I stayed home yesterday because I caught a cold at Cedar Point.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

Starting school again next semester. I've been in and out of school the past 3 years. Mostly because of the Military. They may pay for it but they are making it difficult for me to finish it! xD
    FC White: 1893 6509 3199.

Looking for:

Can Offer: Anything I'm not looking for.

Can infect with Pokerus.

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    Got way too much homework. I've noticed that my grades have been dropping, and I find that it has a direct correlation with my sleeping - now I'm usually half asleep until after lunch. I went to my dad and asked him if I could have coffee, and he said no. He said that I should just go to sleep earlier, but I already sleep at like, 9. Gotta think of a solution for this. Maybe scarf down Halloween candy in the morning?
    You know, I've been falling way behind on sleep, too. It's torture, and I haven't found a solution yet, other than skipping classes. Which is probably worse, especially considering that biochemistry is my most frequent candidate, with calculus pulling in at a respectable second.

Quote Originally Posted by darkraigirl1937 View Post
    I did a science experiment on gummi bears in biology. Other than that, I didn't do much today, and I stayed home yesterday because I caught a cold at Cedar Point.
    I caught a cold one time up at Cedar Point. Only it was mono.

So I have a French test tomorrow first thing in the morning, which I haven't revised for. That was stupid.

Guess I'll have to wake up at 5:00AM to cram in some last-minute revision...

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyB View Post
    You know, I've been falling way behind on sleep, too. It's torture, and I haven't found a solution yet, other than skipping classes. Which is probably worse, especially considering that biochemistry is my most frequent candidate, with calculus pulling in at a respectable second.

I caught a cold one time up at Cedar Point. Only it was mono.
    Ughhh... that brings back sore memories. I had mono in 4th grade, which I thought for the first week or two was the weirdest thing ever because I had never kissed a girl yet at that point. Then I remembered I was at Chuck E Cheese the week before, you know, the place with the screaming children who put everything in their mouths. I had it easy though, as mine only lasted about two or three weeks, unlike the norm which was like two or three months IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    good luck man!
    I just failed my Ochem exam. Class average is 62. mine is 57 >_>
    It's getting dropped, but next one is harder...

STUPID SN1, SN2, E1, E2. and i thought I know them. but nope!
    Ouch. Good thing it's dropped. I hope I can manage. My exam is in less than 12 hours and I still have a lot of material to go over (and need to get enough sleep). I missed a lot of lectures due to being sick, but have decided that I refuse to be defeated by organic chemistry. Tomorrow is Halloween. As is my o-chem exam. Something wicked this way comes....

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Ouch. Good thing it's dropped. I hope I can manage. My exam is in less than 12 hours and I still have a lot of material to go over (and need to get enough sleep). I missed a lot of lectures due to being sick, but have decided that I refuse to be defeated by organic chemistry. Tomorrow is Halloween. As is my o-chem exam. Something wicked this way comes....
    Don't you just hate it when a teacher arranges an huge assignment or test on a holiday? I know it's not the biggest holiday, but there's always that one teacher who needs to be a pain. Of course, you're in college, so it's more understandable, I guess. In my case, it's my essay on ticket resale, which to my surprise, I started early on.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

well. i am not dropping class. so i am staying and need to do better for test 3.
    i still need to go over test 1 and test 2 things for finals, and figure out how the groudon you do synthesis.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

My Chem teacher is giving us no work on Halloween tomorrow! The only thing she told us to do is don't do anything reckless during the night and come back alive.

There were some rumors that we'd be switching seats in Algebra 2 today. They turned out to be false, but instead we ended up switching seats in French instead. That sorta sucks, because I got placed up front on the edge, right next to someone who's failing the class. I've got a B (maybe a C) in the class! I won't be able to help that much!
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

5 days vacation stars tomorrow! yay! but also NNNOOOOOOOOO!!! Why?

Midterm exams next week.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

So then, had my O-chem exam. I don't think I did too well. I should have been actively making up the material that I missed in lecture from being sick instead of just copying down the notes from someone. I should have been doing that for a few weeks, and didn't end up knowing the material very well. I guess it's official. I have POSD (Post-Organic Stress Disorder).

Happy Halloween everyone!

Reports cards came today! I got a GPA of 11.375 with the highest being 12. I was hoping it would be better (ya, I'm a try-hard. :P) but I'm really happy because I got a perfect score on the math portion of the ISATs. Illinois Standard Achievement Test. And Happy Halloween everyone!
    I'll put something here...eventually

Still no school. If I don't get mypower back soon, I want to go to school because it is boring as hell without power.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

It was hell at school today. I only had about four hours of sleep tonight, so I was half-asleep through the first two periods, then half-asleep again throughout Physics. Something's definitely gone wrong with my sleeping pattern.

Enjoying my time off but I do have homework to do sometime... Just need to decide when I can be bothered.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Wow, my mom sure has changed her views on my grades over the last few years. My report card came yesterday, and she was a little upset that I had one A-, despite my weighted 4.8 GPA on a 4.0 scale. /endbragging
    She wasn't mad or anything, but to think an A- catches her eye before my GPA? When I first came into high school, my parents were happy as long as I didn't have a B-. Things sure change. Not a big deal, but it makes me recongize that the pressure to keep my grades above the rest of the school is starting to increase.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Happy halloween everyone!
    Power at school was a bit shaky today. The lights flickered alot but it was awesome since its halloween xD and the costumes were awesome

Working my butt off to pull at least a C in geometery(My teacher goes way too fast).
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    It was hell at school today. I only had about four hours of sleep tonight, so I was half-asleep through the first two periods, then half-asleep again throughout Physics. Something's definitely gone wrong with my sleeping pattern.
    I understand this feeling. I've had it all week. And last week I got no sleep and had o chem lab for six hours.

@gustavo Was your mom just giving you a hard time because it it was an A- and wasn't being too serious, or was she actually upset by this? If she was actually upset, that is called extremely high expectations that cannot always be met no matter how good you are. And you are definitely very, very good.

LMAO. I clumsily got more products than I needed and now flunking my % yield. woops.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I understand this feeling. I've had it all week. And last week I got no sleep and had o chem lab for six hours.
    I have no idea what that is, but it must have been torture for you. ;~;

@gustavo Was your mom just giving you a hard time because it it was an A- and wasn't being too serious, or was she actually upset by this? If she was actually upset, that is called extremely high expectations that cannot always be met no matter how good you are. And you are definitely very, very good.
    Seconded. I feel your pain... My mum flipped out at the fact that I didn't get over 90% in Maths for my end-of-year exams, ignoring the fact that my Maths grades have been generally excellent the year round, I got into the top set in Maths this year anyway, I got pretty good results in every other exam, and I go to one of the best schools in the city!

Seconded. I feel your pain... My mum flipped out at the fact that I didn't get over 90% in Maths for my end-of-year exams, ignoring the fact that my Maths grades have been generally excellent the year round, I got into the top set in Maths this year anyway, I got pretty good results in every other exam, and I go to one of the best schools in the city!
    That must have been pretty harsh for you.... anyway you can take solace in the fact that in most schools (it might be different in yours, I dunno), end of year exams count for absolutely nothing. When you've finished your GCSEs, you'll look back on years 7-9 and think about all the crappy irrelevant stuff you did and got worked up about and how it was all just a massive waste of time. Years 10-13 are pretty much the only ones that really matter, and your GCSEs aren't really that important for University anyway.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I have no idea what that is, but it must have been torture for you. ;~;
    O chem lab is organic chemistry lab. Being in lab with no sleep is a safety hazard. We work with some pretty nasty chemicals in there.

Well, she was just giving me a hard time. She was just upset by the fact that it wasn't a solid A, but there were no threats or serious arguments. It might just be her panicky attitude towards my grades, so maybe she's feeling the pressure I'm getting now. Speaking of pressure, the application period for the colleges I'm interested in began today. Good thing I got a personal statement done already. I better hurry and start applying.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, she was just giving me a hard time. She was just upset by the fact that it wasn't a solid A, but there were no threats or serious arguments. It might just be her panicky attitude towards my grades, so maybe she's feeling the pressure I'm getting now. Speaking of pressure, the application period for the colleges I'm interested in began today. Good thing I got a personal statement done already. I better hurry and start applying.
    Consider yourself lucky. My dad threatened me to throw away my 3DS if all my grades weren't above average. Thankfully, all of them were.

...Why am I talking about this here, anyway? I go on the forums to distance myself from real-life issues, not complain about them. =p

Page 283 of 446 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast