Page 294 of 446 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast
Results 7,326 to 7,350 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I tend to not listen to music when I do homework because it distracts me. Wasn't there some study that showed that students that listened to music while doing homework tended to have lower test scores and grades or something, or did that only apply to music with lyrics?
    im pretty sure it was just music with lyrics.
    i read something like that a long time ago
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    Probably. I knew it had to do with homework accompanied with some type of music, but I didn't remember the specifics.

Anyway, I'd post my grades for first quarter here, but I know that once I post them, I'll jinx myself and my grades will plummet. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

We're learning about the localized electron model and molecular orbital model now in AP Chemistry. Oh. My. God. Chemistry just got difficult. Names like sigma bonds and pi bonds don't help it seem any easier, though I am getting the hang of things now with these crazy electron configurations. If I completely fail this test, I have a 99% in the class that I can fall back on, so I'm not stressing too much, though.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    I have three A's and four A+'s out of seven classes for this quarter of the school year. I think that is pretty good, but I'm disappointed that I didn't get an A+ in Spanish since last year I never got less than 100 in that class.
    I know how that feels in spanish. I always scored really high in spanish class exams and on the regents I scored an 84 >_> which was the lowest regents grade I got DX
    And I just got two problems wrong in my math homework because my mouse slipped on the wrong answer DX I mean once I can understand, but TWICE >_> What's funny is this is also the lowest math grade I got.

I'll update this sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Seelöwe View Post
    I have three A's and four A+'s out of seven classes for this quarter of the school year. I think that is pretty good, but I'm disappointed that I didn't get an A+ in Spanish since last year I never got less than 100 in that class.
    nobody gives a fuck about your grades unless you're trying to gain admission to an ivy league institution, which you won't

enjoy community college champ

Quote Originally Posted by Exeggudork View Post
    Yeah, I can't concentrate when the music has lyrics, either. It has to be something like classical, or from a video game, or something lyricless and easily accessible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    We're learning about the localized electron model and molecular orbital model now in AP Chemistry. Oh. My. God. Chemistry just got difficult. Names like sigma bonds and pi bonds don't help it seem any easier, though I am getting the hang of things now with these crazy electron configurations. If I completely fail this test, I have a 99% in the class that I can fall back on, so I'm not stressing too much, though.
    Are you guys learning about effective nuclear charges of the atom and the Pauli exclusion principle and stuff like that? The only reason why I would know this stuff is because of that erroneous email, but still.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Two midterms before noon is murder. I was brain dead all day tod- yesterday.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I LOVE Join Avenue's theme. It's so cute and cheerful. <3 And there was that time when I did my homework listening to Professor Layton soundtracks... and again with Ace Attorney soundtracks...
    Being a student myself, i don't have any homework at all. And besides, the only Professor Layton song i know is a parody. A well known parody actually, something called ''the internet is for ****''. Cracks me up every time i hear it.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonvampire View Post
    nobody gives a fuck about your grades unless you're trying to gain admission to an ivy league institution, which you won't

enjoy community college champ
    Ooooooooooh, looks like we got a sarcastic procrastinating troll in our midsts! So, how badly are you failing ALL of your classes, mon cher~?
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.

Well my first week back from the half term was... interesting. I noticed that it became progressively harder to get up every morning as the week went on so right now I feel like I'm going to have another Friday early-nighter so I can recover my energy to go out tomorrow. I'm lying. I'm not going out tomorrow. I have no life.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Well my first week back from the half term was... interesting. I noticed that it became progressively harder to get up every morning as the week went on so right now I feel like I'm going to have another Friday early-nighter so I can recover my energy to go out tomorrow. I'm lying. I'm not going out tomorrow. I have no life.
    Us college kids dont have a life, friend.

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    Being a student myself, i don't have any homework at all. And besides, the only Professor Layton song i know is a parody. A well known parody actually, something called ''the internet is for ****''. Cracks me up every time i hear it.
    You... don't have any homework? At all? O.o

I think I've heard of that parody, actually. Could you give me a link to it? And you should really listen to some of the PL soundtracks. Got me into playing video games with the sound on (along with the voice acting, obviously), actually, after the disgrace that was Pokémon HGSS.

The people in my class are arrogant douches. Some have horrific tempers, some are always bothering me, some are touching me, some are always picking fights, some are boasting about their swag and their shoes, some are always physically/verbally harassing people (mostly me), and they are also unintelligent, to back it up. There are very few people in my class that aren't douchebags (if any). However, I've been to this school for years and I kind of would feel bad for leaving, and also I want to go to a Washington DC trip later on in the year (which is basically free), and I don't want to miss out. My best friend is usually physically/verbally harassing me. MY BEST FRIEND. I think I honestly deserve good friends. Also, I know every school has douches, but this one is full of them, I can't stand it. So I think I should go to a new school, find nice friends, and avoid the douches of that school (if I avoid the douches at my school I'd probably be avoiding almost everyone). What should I do? Should I go or stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    My best friend is usually physically/verbally harassing me. MY BEST FRIEND. I think I honestly deserve good friends.
    If they're harassing you, then you shouldn't consider them your friend. Someone who bullies you is NOT your friend, let alone your best friend. Do you know why they do this?

If they're harassing you, then you shouldn't consider them your friend. Someone who bullies you is NOT your friend, let alone your best friend. Do you know why they do this?
    For fun, I guess. I just consider him my friend because he talks to me often, and my best friend because I've known him for a long time and we mingle well. He's still an *sshole.

I think I've heard of that parody, actually. Could you give me a link to it? And you should really listen to some of the PL soundtracks. Got me into playing video games with the sound on (along with the voice acting, obviously), actually, after the disgrace that was Pokémon HGSS.
    I'll send you a PM so i won't spam the pokédung out of this thread. Talk to ya soon.

And no, i don't have any homework. EVER.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Quote Originally Posted by ???2 View Post
    I'll send you a PM so i won't spam the pokédung out of this thread. Talk to ya soon.

And no, i don't have any homework. EVER.
    HOLY EFFIN FLIP I WISH I WAS YOU. ;A;

Ah well, none of my homework is exactly beyond my capabilities, so it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    For fun, I guess. I just consider him my friend because he talks to me often, and my best friend because I've known him for a long time and we mingle well. He's still an *sshole.
    Oh goodie, your friend is a real-life troll. How lovely -_-

I have 8 homeworks for the weekend, half of which are revision *sighs* I guess it's what you get for going to a private school.
    3DS FC: 3883-4931-5047
    X IGN: Sqeen
    OR IGN: Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Norns View Post
    I have 8 homeworks for the weekend, half of which are revision *sighs* I guess it's what you get for going to a private school.
    Oh crap, you just reminded me that I forgot to bring my Physics folder home for the weekend, when there's a test next Wednesday. ;A;

....wait, what do you mean "after the disgrace that was Pokemon HGSS"? Those games had brilliant music!
    I would have asked this earlier if it weren't for the damn forum taking be to the penultimate page for absolutely no reason....
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

....wait, what do you mean "after the disgrace that was Pokemon HGSS"? Those games had brilliant music!
    I would have asked this earlier if it weren't for the damn forum taking be to the penultimate page for absolutely no reason....
    In my opinion, HGSS had horrible music overall. Compared to DPPt or Explorers of Sky, anyway. And don't even think about comparing it to B2W2. Actually, Professor Layton soundtracks got me back into playing the piano after a while of taking a break, too, because I wanted to replay the soundtracks onto my piano, and the rest is history.

In my opinion, HGSS had horrible music overall. Compared to DPPt or Explorers of Sky, anyway. And don't even think about comparing it to B2W2. Actually, Professor Layton soundtracks got me back into playing the piano after a while of taking a break, too, because I wanted to replay the soundtracks onto my piano, and the rest is history.
    Hmm... HG/SS had its problems in terms of music but I wouldn't call it horrible. But that's just me anyway.
    I've never heard any of the Professor Layton music but I'll look into it later. You seem to feel about the PL music the same way I feel about Zelda music.
    Last edited by Poetry; 9th November 2012 at 9:08 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Hmm... HG/SS had its problems in terms of music but I wouldn't call it horrible. But that's just me anyway.
    I've never heard any of the Professor Layton music but I'll look into it later. You seem to feel about the PH music the same way I care about Zelda music.
    I like Goldenrod City and National Park... but that's just about it. XD

If you mean that you totally LOVE Zelda music, then yes, I suppose I feel about Layton music the same as you feel about Zelda music... but anyway.

Page 294 of 446 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298304344394 ... LastLast