Page 295 of 446 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,375 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I like Goldenrod City and National Park... but that's just about it. XD

If you mean that you totally LOVE Zelda music, then yes, I suppose I feel about Layton music the same as you feel about Zelda music... but anyway.
    Nah, no way it's love. It's far more than that.

Yes, anyway.
    Our school has once again started their "wear a poppy otherwise we'll cull you" campaign. Everyone seems to think that if you don't get one they'll actually punish you but they've been saying that for the past five years and nothing's ever come of it.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Nah, no way it's love. It's far more than that.

Yes, anyway.
    Our school has once again started their "wear a poppy otherwise we'll cull you" campaign. Everyone seems to think that if you don't get one they'll actually punish you but they've been saying that for the past five years and nothing's ever come of it.
    So yeah, basically how I feel about PL music. XD

Our school doesn't force us to wear poppies. They do, however, force you to sponsor male teachers to grow facial hair, and one of their advertising posters put up around school is one where there's Mario without his mustache on the left with the caption "HANDYMAN", and Mario with his mustache on the right with the caption "HERO". Finally, I know where Mario's ability to swallow mushrooms and flowers to gain power-ups come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    So yeah, basically how I feel about PL music. XD

Our school doesn't force us to wear poppies. They do, however, force you to sponsor male teachers to grow facial hair, and one of their advertising posters put up around school is one where there's Mario without his mustache on the left with the caption "HANDYMAN", and Mario with his mustache on the right with the caption "HERO". Finally, I know where Mario's ability to swallow mushrooms and flowers to gain power-ups come from.
    I thought so. We should start a music war exchange.

Oh, yes. "Movember". We don't have posters put up but we do have quite violent rants thrown at us in assembly that we should support charities more and think about more than just ourselves once in a while. I'm all for charity work but after seeing most of the male teachers with god-awful patchy facial hair I think I'll contribute using other means.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Looking forward to winter break. School and 2 jobs is really starting to wear. Thankfully its getting close to finals time and that means it wont be much longer

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by Spite View Post
    The people in my class are arrogant douches. Some have horrific tempers, some are always bothering me, some are touching me, some are always picking fights, some are boasting about their swag and their shoes, some are always physically/verbally harassing people (mostly me), and they are also unintelligent, to back it up. There are very few people in my class that aren't douchebags (if any). However, I've been to this school for years and I kind of would feel bad for leaving, and also I want to go to a Washington DC trip later on in the year (which is basically free), and I don't want to miss out. My best friend is usually physically/verbally harassing me. MY BEST FRIEND. I think I honestly deserve good friends. Also, I know every school has douches, but this one is full of them, I can't stand it. So I think I should go to a new school, find nice friends, and avoid the douches of that school (if I avoid the douches at my school I'd probably be avoiding almost everyone). What should I do? Should I go or stay?
    I know how you feel. My friend was a pretty big douche too, but then he's matured now. But then, the rest of the people are still like that. Only a very few are not like that, and I like to hang out with them. And yeah, I REALLY wanted to leave my school, but failed. I think you should leave, since my friend getting mature was in my opinion, pure luck, since none of the other people like that changed.

I'll update this sometime

People are generally arrogant douches to those who put themselves on a pedestal by thinking good grades etc makes them better than everybody else.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    People are generally arrogant douches to those who put themselves on a pedestal by thinking good grades etc makes them better than everybody else.
    Yeah, I can say that's true, but then I don't do that. Well, not anymore, I don't know about before. But yeah, there's this arrogant girl ALWAYS bragging about her grades. In that case, I like to just to shut her up XD but then I try to stop myself before I look like an ***** o.o

I'll update this sometime

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Are you guys learning about effective nuclear charges of the atom and the Pauli exclusion principle and stuff like that? The only reason why I would know this stuff is because of that erroneous email, but still.
    No, some of that is stuff that we were expected to have a basic understanding of before we got into class the first day. Except we did get deeper into quantum numbers, like magnetic spin and such, a few chapters ago. We're learning about the more in-depth bonding models, involving overlapping of orbitals and hybridization, as well as bond order. Basically, a big focus on the tougher electron concepts, which doesn't help the fact that our class focuses on the exceptions to the rules to chemistry.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I have a 200 point project to do in history now(were doing skits that are play-like)and it looks like I have to work with somebody to ease the stress of all the work that I probably won't be able to do myself.ugh
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    No, some of that is stuff that we were expected to have a basic understanding of before we got into class the first day. Except we did get deeper into quantum numbers, like magnetic spin and such, a few chapters ago. We're learning about the more in-depth bonding models, involving overlapping of orbitals and hybridization, as well as bond order. Basically, a big focus on the tougher electron concepts, which doesn't help the fact that our class focuses on the exceptions to the rules to chemistry.
    Anything on ĤΨ = EΨ?

I specifically remember giving that answer for an extra credit question. :P

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

You guys. I have one week until Thanksgiving Break. One week.

at least you get a thanksgiving break...
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    The one week before the day my half term break started (which was also the day B2W2 came out) was torture for me. It felt like three weeks.

the days since halloween have felt like a month. not all bad, though.
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

UGH! SO MANY PAPERS, TESTS, OH MY!

and in my organic chem class so far there's like 16 reactions to learn and counting...
    all these reagents and products...

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    That used to be me... XD

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Anything on ĤΨ = EΨ?

I specifically remember giving that answer for an extra credit question. :P
    No, though I'm sure we'll be covering that at some point in the future. Quantum mechanics hasn't been part of our lectures yet, though we have started to cross over a bit with physics, what with waves and energy in respect to electrons.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

No, though I'm sure we'll be covering that at some point in the future. Quantum mechanics hasn't been part of our lectures yet, though we have started to cross over a bit with physics, what with waves and energy in respect to electrons.
    Okay, everything that you just said here I have no idea about... the only thing I even had a glimpse of in "quantum mechanics" was that Schrödinger equation H(psi) = E(psi), and I specifically remembered that for an extra 5 points on my chemistry test. (:

Okay, everything that you just said here I have no idea about... the only thing I even had a glimpse of in "quantum mechanics" was that Schrödinger equation H(psi) = E(psi), and I specifically remembered that for an extra 5 points on my chemistry test. (:
    Oh, then sorry about bombarding unfamiliar terms on you. Maybe they'll show up on another test for extra credit. But that's a great thing to be given extra credit for. If we haven't learned it in AP yet, your teacher must have a good idea of what they're teaching, I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    I have one and a half weeks left, but I don't really care since my Thanksgiving break is only four days long.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

Oh, then sorry about bombarding unfamiliar terms on you. Maybe they'll show up on another test for extra credit. But that's a great thing to be given extra credit for. If we haven't learned it in AP yet, your teacher must have a good idea of what they're teaching, I'm guessing.
    I've mentioned it before (and I don't mind mentioning it again), but my chemistry teacher not only teaches the classes he teaches in high school, but he's also a professor for a college Saturday class. He accidentally sent the Schrödinger equation email to us instead of his college class students, which is why we were tested on it as an extra credit question. (:

I've mentioned it before (and I don't mind mentioning it again), but my chemistry teacher not only teaches the classes he teaches in high school, but he's also a professor for a college Saturday class. He accidentally sent the Schrödinger equation email to us instead of his college class students, which is why we were tested on it as an extra credit question. (:
    Oh, I see, so your teacher took advantage of a mistake and turned it into an opportunity? That's smart, to put it lightly. That can only mean that I should expect to see that equation soon in my class, though not next chapter, since that's about solids and liquids. And to think, my AP Chemistry teacher majored in Zoology, and we're doing just fine now. We're his last AP Chemistry class, too, so he's focusing a lot on us. Last year he had to juggle that and his last class of AP Bio, and next year he'll be the first to teach AP Physics since the last teacher got fired 3 years ago for literally not teaching a thing about Physics.

Oh, I see, so your teacher took advantage of a mistake and turned it into an opportunity? That's smart, to put it lightly. That can only mean that I should expect to see that equation soon in my class, though not next chapter, since that's about solids and liquids. And to think, my AP Chemistry teacher majored in Zoology, and we're doing just fine now. We're his last AP Chemistry class, too, so he's focusing a lot on us. Last year he had to juggle that and his last class of AP Bio, and next year he'll be the first to teach AP Physics since the last teacher got fired 3 years ago for literally not teaching a thing about Physics.
    Wait, your teacher is voluntarily stopping teaching AP chemistry to teach AP physics, or is he stopping because the school just so happened to have classes arranged in such a way that he had to teach AP physics instead of AP chemistry?

Wait, your teacher is voluntarily stopping teaching AP chemistry to teach AP physics, or is he stopping because the school just so happened to have classes arranged in such a way that he had to teach AP physics instead of AP chemistry?
    Well, it is possible to do so. My AP Calculus teacher stopped teaching it after our class to let someone else teach it, though my AP Chemistry teacher is doing it because of the school. It's a long story, but I'll try to condense it. Basically, back when I was a freshman(now senior), our Physics teacher, who also taught AP Physics, would be distracted for the entire class period if someone mentioned Minnesota or Football, which was nearly every day. As a result, the only thing anyone learned from that class was how to "properly" use a stapler and how "perfect" Minnesota was. He was fired that year, and there was no Physics teacher for a bit, so our current teacher, then the Honors Chem teacher, had to step in as a standard Physics teacher, which meant a Biology teacher had to take over Honors Chem. Bio already had enough teachers, but there was no teacher qualified to teach an AP science class except my current teacher, who only has credentials to teach AP Chem and AP Bio. This year, another teacher is able AP Bio instead, and next year another will take over AP Chem right as my current teacher becomes qualified to teach AP Physics.

Wow, that's still longer than I wanted to make it, but that's the story behind that.

Well, it is possible to do so. My AP Calculus teacher stopped teaching it after our class to let someone else teach it, though my AP Chemistry teacher is doing it because of the school. It's a long story, but I'll try to condense it. Basically, back when I was a freshman(now senior), our Physics teacher, who also taught AP Physics, would be distracted for the entire class period if someone mentioned Minnesota or Football, which was nearly every day. As a result, the only thing anyone learned from that class was how to "properly" use a stapler and how "perfect" Minnesota was. He was fired that year, and there was no Physics teacher for a bit, so our current teacher, then the Honors Chem teacher, had to step in as a standard Physics teacher, which meant a Biology teacher had to take over Honors Chem. Bio already had enough teachers, but there was no teacher qualified to teach an AP science class except my current teacher, who only has credentials to teach AP Chem and AP Bio. This year, another teacher is able AP Bio instead, and next year another will take over AP Chem right as my current teacher becomes qualified to teach AP Physics.

Wow, that's still longer than I wanted to make it, but that's the story behind that.
    To be honest, I'd have to say that it's the former physics teacher's fault for being so easily distracted... :/

Wait, if your current teacher has credentials to teach only AP Chem and AP Bio, Teacher B is able to teach AP Bio, and another teacher can teach AP Chem, then wouldn't that mean that your current teacher is unable to teach AP Physics?

To be honest, I'd have to say that it's the former physics teacher's fault for being so easily distracted... :/

Wait, if your current teacher has credentials to teach only AP Chem and AP Bio, Teacher B is able to teach AP Bio, and another teacher can teach AP Chem, then wouldn't that mean that your current teacher is unable to teach AP Physics?
    Yeah, but it's also many of the students' faults for taking advantage of him being easily distracted whenever they didn't want class. For my current teacher, he is currently unable to teach AP Physics, but he's taking classes to get his credentials, which he'll have next year, after I graduate, sadly. The AP Bio and soon to be AP Chem teacher only recently got credentials to teach the classes, but they're both poor teachers in comparison to my current teacher. I can speak firsthand for the future chemistry teacher since I had him last year, and he was awful. All my friends have AP Bio now, and that teacher is apparently so bad, the students average a low F on all tests, even though the student ranked number two in our senior class performs very well in that class(with an ACT score of 35).

Page 295 of 446 FirstFirst ... 195245285291292293294295296297298299305345395 ... LastLast