Page 300 of 446 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 7,476 to 7,500 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    You might have answered my question, but let me give an example:
    There are thirty students in a class. 29 get 80% or higher on a test, whereas one gets below a 40% (the reason is irrelevant). Would the teacher say that because the 29 who got 80% or higher got what they got because of their hard studying that the curve would mean that half of those 29 would get A's and half would get B's, or would it mean that the intervals are increased so that the people who got 87% and 88% could potentially get A's?
    Oh, the intervals aren't exactly increased. They're just shifted so that, for my example, 15 out of 20 would be 100%, and any score above is extra points in the test category. So, they are curved so that all scores, notably marginal scores, can go up bit. So that one guy that gets 40% gets a higher score depending on the curve to make his test score less damaging to his grade. It's not exactly clear how he determines the actual curve, though. And FRQ's are never curved, so that's another balance.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Oh, the intervals aren't exactly increased. They're just shifted so that, for my example, 15 out of 20 would be 100%, and any score above is extra points in the test category. So, they are curved so that people who got marginal scores can go up bit. So that one guy that gets 40% gets a higher score depending on the curve to make his test score less damaging to his grade. It's not exactly clear how he determines the actual curve, though. And FRQ's are never curved, so that's another balance.
    Oh, okay, so the maximum is literally decreased, and extra points would go into extra credit, right?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Sometimes my teachers would take the highest test grade in the class, subtract that from 100, then whatever that was, they'd give those points to everybody in the class.

So if the highest grade was a 92, the teacher would give everybody an extra 8 points on their test. The person with the highest grade getting a 100.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Drivers ed is taking forever today -_-

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

No school tomorrow, now I can devote my time to practicing my piano and my viola to death! =D //headdesk//

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    Drivers ed is taking forever today -_-
    I used to take Drivers Ed, it was a good class imo. It helped me out a little and it wasn't a 'real' class, we didn't have to worry about tests or anything.

i had an oral test in german today. i got a 10 out of 15.
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Oh, okay, so the maximum is literally decreased, and extra points would go into extra credit, right?
    Yeah, that's what I do understand about his curve. Speaking of which, I have a test in that class tomorrow, and I actually have a better understanding of what we're actually supposed to know.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Todoserugi View Post
    i had an oral test in german today. i got a 10 out of 15.
    Man, I wish my school taught German. All we have is Spanish and French.

Quote Originally Posted by /b/ board
    What does Cheese Pizza mean?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    I used to take Drivers Ed, it was a good class imo. It helped me out a little and it wasn't a 'real' class, we didn't have to worry about tests or anything.
    I only took the course because they hacked off a large portion of my auto insurance.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I don't want to take any exams tomorrow, especially writing. I hate writing.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

Quote Originally Posted by Klizcool View Post
    Man, I wish my school taught German. All we have is Spanish and French.
    i wish my school taught french.
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

So I've been doing the IB stuff and all I can say is. ESSAYS. ESSAYS EVRYWHERE. I've got 4 due in the next 2-3 weeks, and it's driving me up the wall.

Thank you based Turpoo

I got a Chemistry test back today and found I had a C+ was one point away from a B-. However, I pointed out that my teacher didn't see that I wrote the answer with correct units in another part of the paper, and I got my B- after all.

I've been doing better in French recently. Two quizzes aced with my quiz with a B being dropped due to her quiz grading policy (lowest quiz grade is dropped). Thing is tomorrow is a test which may change all of that. I WANT TO ACE THIS.
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by darkraigirl1937 View Post
    I don't want to take any exams tomorrow, especially writing. I hate writing.
    same here, well depending on the essay topic. I was angry when I got a 2 on the AP language exam, but then, I remembered that I can't argue to save my life and that I read slower than a snail crawls (well at least then, then again, I was actually reading the passages carefully instead of skimming like I was supposed to)

so I'll be taking the SATs on Saturday...too bad it doesn't matter. But yeah, seriously, I can't even increase my score anymore, and last time I took the exam , even after I practiced (and not the BS type either) my score still fell, especially for writing, for which I was expecting at least a 650 DX (talking about this writing is making me feel like a grammar nazi, but then I can't get grammar correct either so meh)
    Last edited by sam40400; 16th November 2012 at 6:02 AM.

I'll update this sometime

Yesterday at 9 pm, Freshmen were supposed to start signing up for classes for the next two terms. Almost immediately, some people were dropped into wait-lists and some weren't able to get into the course at all. Thankfully, I've only been locked out of one and wait-listed for 2 classes, which I have back-ups for.

I'm gonna try to get into the closed class first, if I appeal to the professor, I might still be able to get in. Wish me luck
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I do understand about his curve. Speaking of which, I have a test in that class tomorrow, and I actually have a better understanding of what we're actually supposed to know.
    That's good. And tomorrow's Friday. Don't let the fact that tomorrow's Friday make you less motivated! (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Registering for Spring semeter today. Looking forward to slacking through another set of classes -_-
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.

I just proposed the idea that our school should do a laser tag version of the hunger games where each grade chooses two students via a lottery and the winning grade wins a pizza party.

If you are in college and decide to take a "break" with the plans to go back....DO NOT DO IT!! you will hate yourself and regret the decision and it will take you far longer to go back than you planned

just some words of advice for the younger members

I just proposed the idea that our school should do a laser tag version of the hunger games where each grade chooses two students via a lottery and the winning grade wins a pizza party.
    and this sounds like an awesome idea

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

You have my support in that idea. Best of luck, amigo.

Quote Originally Posted by AbFabTrainerKira View Post
    You have my support in that idea. Best of luck, amigo.
    The only problem is that the school has to approve it so we can have funding to do it.

The only problem is that the school has to approve it so we can have funding to do it.
    Aye, that's true. If any of the primary faculty members are old farts that are part of the Anti-Fun Brigade, chances of it being approved are slim.

Quote Originally Posted by AbFabTrainerKira View Post
    Aye, that's true. If any of the primary faculty members are old farts that are part of the Anti-Fun Brigade, chances of it being approved are slim.
    They did approve a dodgeball tourney, but the Hunger Games might be pushing it solely because of the context.

They did approve a dodgeball tourney, but the Hunger Games might be pushing it solely because of the context.
    I havent read/watched it, so what context is that?

Page 300 of 446 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast