Page 313 of 442 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 11038

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Prosocutor is good, but i would always be afraid that i got an innocent percon the death peanalty
    That wouuld never be the case in the UK, since we don't have capital punishment. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    last lecture of 2012 incoming in t-minus 20 minutes

then it's finals time
    Ooh, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    That wouuld never be the case in the UK, since we don't have capital punishment. ;D
    In some states in the US it is still there, im not 100% sure about the one i'm in but i think we dont have it.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

The joy of my class was being a guinea pig for a test on their printers. So I had Wireshark and the network admin got mad. lol. Wireshark is a packet sniffing program, I can see what's going in and out of the network.

キバゴ

Ooh, good luck!
    I'll probably need it on this microecon exam to barely manage a B+ in the course overall :P
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I'll probably need it on this microecon exam to barely manage a B+ in the course overall :P
    Hey which should I take first, macroecon or microecon?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Hey which should I take first, macroecon or microecon?
    I'd actually recommend you take both if possible, though micro if you can only take one (assuming this isn't intermediate coursework or further) - simply because what I learned in micro has served me rather well for most other econ coursework so far (whereas the 'intro' macro was only really useful for further macro).
    last.fm
    facebook

If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

School really has been kicking my sorry *** lately, mostly because I've been slacking off a lot lately and my classes aren't as easy as last year. :/

I'd actually recommend you take both if possible, though micro if you can only take one (assuming this isn't intermediate coursework or further) - simply because what I learned in micro has served me rather well for most other econ coursework so far (whereas the 'intro' macro was only really useful for further macro).
    I'd love to take them both but there are other classes that I need that are only available during certain time slots. The one bad thing about scheduling for college classes.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I'd love to take them both but there are other classes that I need that are only available during certain time slots. The one bad thing about scheduling for college classes.
    Oh god don't even get me started on how many times that's screwed me over... though it's mostly gone away since we switched to semesters here.
    last.fm
    facebook

making campign poster

Oh yeah, just realised, the end of term is only a week and a half away. After that, four whole weeks of doing stuff I want all day long~ even though we have a test the day we get back

Also, do you think docking marks for untidyness is fair? Because that's what my Chemistry teacher did to one of my friends (it's only two marks out of a maximum of seventy, but still), and I honestly don't think that that's a fair reason to dock someone's marks - she can't help it that she has untidy handwriting.

Oh yeah, just realised, the end of term is only a week and a half away. After that, four whole weeks of doing stuff I want all day long~ even though we have a test the day we get back

Also, do you think docking marks for untidyness is fair? Because that's what my Chemistry teacher did to one of my friends (it's only two marks out of a maximum of seventy, but still), and I honestly don't think that that's a fair reason to dock someone's marks - she can't help it that she has untidy handwriting.
    um..... no, maybe they should get a warning but, im allowed to type stuff out anyway. I really wouldnt know.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

It isn't exactly a hard-and-fast rule that your handwriting has to be of a certain degree of tidiness, but then again it is probably for the better. I know that because it happens to me too for writing too small while in cursive. I guess the teachers don't want us to grow up to have doctors' handwriting.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    ^ Wow that is far lol. How long is the trip? Still seems expensive.

Awesome. How was NZ? Don't know about New Caledonia.. I've always wanted to go to NZ though.
    I've been to a few places in the US but theres definitely still places I want to go there.
    new zealand is *incredible*. we only did the south island but i feel like there's no way the north island could be better. try google image searching kaikoura, lake wakatipu, the remarkables, lake pukaki, franz josef glacier, milford sound, pukaiki, mt cook, queenstown. the whole island is just beautiful.

new caledonia is a small group of islands about 1200km east of where i live (google image search lifou, isle of pines, noumea lighthouse, emerald bay). we went on a 10 day cruise out there when i was 12, i'd love to do it again w/ alcohol haha

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    Canada is pretty wicked. Well, depending on where you go lol. Any provinces in mind? I'd suggest Ontario (Toronto), B.C. (not sure which city), maybe Quebec?
    i basically just want to do all the touristy stuff, start in vancouver and head east through the mountains and go to banff and all that, spend some time in toronto, check out the great lakes and niagara falls and yeah then head over to quebec. i honestly don't really know all that much about canada though so it'd take some serious planning
    life is
    a game

Done this semester. Thank. God.
    I'm worried about my anthro mark though. :l

@moot
    wow those are interesting names. I shall google those. eventually.
    omgosh I've always wanted to go on a cruise. must have been amazing. yeah, would be a lot more fun with alcohol ;P

well that's pretty cool. Niagara falls is really nice. the mountains in BC are so gorgeous (then again I'm used to nothing but flat land so I'm pretty easily amazed).
    Yeah, there's a few places in mind for tourist places. Around Niagara Falls there's a strip with lots of cool stuff in it.
    You've got stuff in Toronto like the CN Tower.
    Uh.. West Edmonton Mall, I've been there once when I was younger it's pretty sick.
    Coastal regions I'm sure are gorgeous, I've never been. D;

I'm not sure if it's me, or if the teachers doubled the homework after my SATs and stuff finished. Like really, we have to do vocab for ap lit, more packets for ap us, and more readings for all classes. I still have to finish my college essays though, but then I have no idea what to write about. The stereotype thing has been used so many times I don't even think I should use it. I see people talking about being goth and not watching TV in forever, while all I can talk about is pulling an all-nighter playing dragon quest. So boring.

I'll update this sometime

C├┤ng ty C? Ph?n Ki?m D?nh An To├*n Th├*nh Ph?
    0909504007 - Mr.Phi
    L├* don v? th?c hi?n ch?c nang ki?m d?nh an to├*n c├íc lo?i m├íy, thi?t b?, v?t tu c├│ y├¬u c?u nghi├¬m ng?t v? an to├*n lao d?ng. Ch├║ng t├┤i lu├┤n l?y ti├¬u ch├* : an to├*n - uy t├*n - hi?u qu? l├*m h├*ng d?u. C├┤ng ty ch├║ng t├┤i c├│ d?i ngu ki?m d?nh vi├¬n, k? thu?t vi├¬n d├*y d?n kinh nghi?m v├* trang thi?t b? m├íy m├│c hi?n d?i ho├*n to├*n c├│ kh? nang d├íp ?ng nh?ng y├¬u c?u, d├▓i h?i cao trong qu├í tr├Čnh ki?m d?nh. D├íp ?ng vi?c ki?m d?nh th?c hi?n trong th?i gian ng?n nh?t, k?t qu? ch├*nh x├íc, kh├ích quan, trung th?c.

Ch├║ng t├┤i lu├┤n ki?m d?nh th?c t? theo d├║ng Quy tr├Čnh ki?m d?nh c?a B? lao d?ng Thuong binh X├ú h?i ban h├*nh v├* theo y├¬u c?u kh├íc c?a don v?. Ngo├*i nh?ng Quy tr├Čnh ki?m d?nh s?n c├│ do B? lao d?ng Thuong binh X├ú h?i ban h├*nh ch├║ng t├┤i c├│ Bi├¬n so?n v├* ban h├*nh m?t s? quy tr├Čnh ki?m d?nh t?m th?i d? ph?c v? c├┤ng t├íc ki?m d?nh du?c t?t hon.
    Quy tr├Čnh Ki?m d?nh c?n tr?c
    Ch├║ng t├┤i ki?m d?nh theo d├║ng quy tr├Čnh ki?m d?nh v?i phuong ch├óm an to├*n v├* uy t├*n.
    Chúng tôi chuyên ki?m d?nh các lo?i c?n tr?c:
    - C?n tr?c b├ính x├*ch
    - C?n tr?c bánh l?p
    - C?n tr?c ├┤ t├┤
    - C?n tr?c mini.
    V├Č sao ch├║ng ta c?n ph?i ki?m d?nh c?n tr?c?
    C├íc lo?i c?n tr?c thu?ng du?c s? d?ng ph?c v? cho qu├í tr├Čnh s?n xu?t, n├óng chuy?n h├*ng h├│a. V├Č v?y c├íc y?u t? nguy hi?m lu├┤n c├│ th? x?y ra.
    V├Č l├* do d├│ ch├║ng ta c?n ph?i ki?m d?nh c?n tr?c m?t c├ích an to├*n v├* ch?t ch? v?i d?i ngu ki?m d?nh nhi?u nam kinh nghi?m

Quote Originally Posted by kiemomdinh7 View Post
    V├Č sao ch├║ng ta c?n ph?i ki?m d?nh c?n tr?c?
    C├íc lo?i c?n tr?c thu?ng du?c s? d?ng ph?c v? cho qu├í tr├Čnh s?n xu?t, n├óng chuy?n h├*ng h├│a. V├Č v?y c├íc y?u t? nguy hi?m lu├┤n c├│ th? x?y ra.
    V├Č l├* do d├│ ch├║ng ta c?n ph?i ki?m d?nh c?n tr?c m?t c├ích an to├*n v├* ch?t ch? v?i d?i ngu ki?m d?nh nhi?u nam kinh nghi?m
    ok

congrats on finishing the semester @ dinosaurus. what level of education are you at?
    life is
    a game

Well, that Quiz Bowl turned out better than expected. We were up against some 39 veteran teams who have been playing for quite some time, and my school team finished 8th! Not bad for the first try.

We were eliminated in the Round of 8 by the top Quiz Bowl team from Indiana (who decided to cross state lines and compete here in Michigan), and the two teams we lost to in the pre-lims both finished better than us (and are traditional powerhouses of the competition). A team from Ohio ended up winning it all, I think.

I was also the fifth top individual scorer in the competition, at around 77 ppg (only counting toss-ups, which are worth 10 points each).

Personally, I have no regrets. Well, maybe one: getting beat to the buzzer on the Gangnam Style question. (I knew I should have looked at the English translation!)

PokÚmon Quiz Bowl. It's a thing.

Every time you have a bad day, just go to Advanced Search, enter "Him in the Court" in the User Name box, and voila.
    I claim Vanillite because it is best PokÚmon.

PEOPLE OF EARTH -- WE ARE YOUR ZILTOIDIAN OVERLORDS.
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I don't think it's quite fair for something like that given to a student but It's still the prof. choice of what he/she will do..unless it's really his/her thing to do. But I still don't think it's quite fair.

Man, I qutie confused if we really have Lab this afternoon. Our next class would be calculus and I'm off to school at 4:00pm for it. Hmm.. got reporting coming and tomorrow's the start. I hope I won't messed up.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

I'm still staying home sick, and I still have my homework from Monday to do. I'll do it now, so I can relax and get better the rest of the day.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    PokÚgyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I'm still staying home sick, and I still have my homework from Monday to do. I'll do it now, so I can relax and get better the rest of the day.
    Hope you get better soon, it sucks having to catch up after staying at home sick after a few days.

In other news, I got 96% - a Distinction - on my Grade 5 Theory exam, which pretty much confirms me getting two video games for Christmas. Yesssssss.

Tomorrow is my last day of class before I get my degree. Not sure when they mail it to me, but I'm ready to go back to college and get a better degree. I regret not switching majors sooner (or doing what I'm going to be doing from the start). I could already be working my Master's now.

oh my god this last GIS project is the most tedious goddamn thing

map analysis? histograms? descriptive statistics? a lengthy-*** report that has to take all of these into account? due tomorrow? not even sure what database operations i need to perform to actually analyze the data? all of the above?

granted this is a grad-level course and i should be expecting tedium, but good lord
    last.fm
    facebook

Can someone give me a quick description of why one breathes faster during or after exercise?

Page 313 of 442 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast