Page 347 of 446 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

So far, I'm looking good for straight A's.
    Biology, Bio lab, Italian, Psychology, and Calculus. Woot for me!

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    I have good news and terrible news. I am failing both Algebra AND American History, that's the terrible news. The good news is, the Marking Period ends in April, so I still have some time.
    Really? It's the exact opposite for me.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Well my human physiology exam was tonight, and man was it a challenge. At least it's done with. On to a busy next week and a half.
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Ah calculus. Yeah, that is a lot. But with that being said, the problems are long and take up a lot of space. 5 pages worth is still a lot of problems.
    it was an AP practice exam: 45 questions: 28 w/o a calculator, 17 with a calculator. plus, i had like 20 problems on diff EQ's. now i have a test in Euler's method, diff EQ's, logistic growth, and slope fields. and that's tomorrow

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

TGIF. That's all I have to say. After a four day week that seemed like a six day week, I am going to relax this weekend... Except for auditioning for that chorus I spoke of a while ago early tomorrow. At least I have no homework except studying for a Geometry test.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Visited my first college in tech Ed. It seemed different than I expected it to be.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

I'm pretty sure i bombed that calculus test. i stopped caring halfway into it

Credit to Brutaka

So on Thursday in Algebra 2, we started our Trig unit, but since we learned most of it last year in Geometry we have the option to take a test to 100% the unit, and do a parallel unit. The only problem is that more than half the class didn't pay attention, SOOOOO, only 3 of us are taking the test. It's pretty simple Trig stuff TBH.

Thank you based Turpoo

Worst week so far... Huge Drama/English presentation on Tuesday, which I was almost late for due to me bringing in my instrument at the bell. Then a History test with ridiculous 'bonus' questions: 'How many years are in a decade? A century? A millennial?'. Wednesday, I threw up right after waking up, wishing my mother a happy birthday before my tonsils had swollen. Thursday, worked like a dog to catch up to my classes and today, had a BS French test and a speech on inspirations. All I have to say, TGIF.
    A man once said:
    Sincerity is punished in my job, but when we need men, we must adjust to them, and since we cannot win them but by this way, it is not the fault of those who flatter, but those who want to be flattered.

I got a 97 on an Earth Science test I took yesterday! And the auditions were pushed back two hours, so I'm leaving in around twenty minutes.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    it was an AP practice exam: 45 questions: 28 w/o a calculator, 17 with a calculator. plus, i had like 20 problems on diff EQ's. now i have a test in Euler's method, diff EQ's, logistic growth, and slope fields. and that's tomorrow
    Ewww....I remember the AP calc test, it was horrible. Practice tests are always a pain. Especially when you don't remember something that you did a few months earlier >.<

My french prof decided to give a lot of homework this weekend. Boo.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Okay, so, guys, I'm a high school student still. Thinking of a major. Unfortunately, everything that I've been looking at is useless! (Anthropology, International Studies, Psychology, and Journalism) Come on, I want a job; I don't want to waste money.

So, for a lucrative career, would Business Administrations with a concentration in Marketing minors in French & German. Would this be a good decision? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EpicBacon View Post
    Okay, so, guys, I'm a high school student still. Thinking of a major. Unfortunately, everything that I've been looking at is useless! (Anthropology, International Studies, Psychology, and Journalism) Come on, I want a job; I don't want to waste money.

So, for a lucrative career, would Business Administrations with a concentration in Marketing minors in French & German. Would this be a good decision? Thanks!
    I think it's important to do what enjoy. For example, I'm going for my bachelors in History Education because I really want to teach high school history, even though I know that the money isn't so great. Having a job that you really enjoy and are passionate about can be much better and more fulfilling than a job you don't like but make lots of money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Feel free to friend me for battles & trades!
    White 2 FC: Amber/5458 8723 9024

Quote Originally Posted by EpicBacon View Post

I agree with Cinccino; I think it's very important to do what you enjoy. Sure being a brain surgeon would get you lots of money, but if you don't like what you're doing, then you'll never really be happy with it. Since you have a variety of interests, I'd suggest that you take a class involving each of your interests once you get to college and see which one you like best c:
    White 2 FC: 2666-9983-9495
    DeviantArt | Tumblr | My crafting forum
    [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/14e289t.png[/IMG]
    I crochet pokemon!! I can be commissioned if you would like for me to make you a custom one. I also have some pre-mades for sale. If interested, please send me a note on DeviantArt telling me what you want.

I have a very very casual breeding shop: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

most people who aren't going for a degree in a STEM field don't actually end up using their degree in their later career. so unless you want to go for something in that direction, which it doesnt sound like you do, your actual major doesnt matter that much. if you don't know what you want to do yet, i'd suggest going in undeclared (if your school lets you, mine doesn't) or pick something that you enjoy even if it wont lead to a great career. then as you go further and decide what you want to do, you can take a few classes or minor in that area, or even switch your major if you have a big change of heart.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

that's a good point, ellie. right now, and since i was 6, i wanted to be a doctor, but that's hard, so even though I'll do all the programs in college, i may not become a doctor. anything can happen in college.

today, during my checkup, my eye doctor asked me what school I'm going to. i told him i haven't decided yet. then he reasoned with me and said “nobody gives a sh*t about where doctors do undergrad." and intimidated the hell out of me lol he was much sweeter before i turned 18

Credit to Brutaka

unless you have a degree from like, University of Somalia, i don't think anyone really cares what uni you graduated from in any field. there is a lot of elitism from some universities around where i live and people insist that i went to the worst one but the career opportunities are 100% equal.
    life is
    a game

Wow. It fills up fast here. Anyways, We went to Ford's Theater On Friday.

Well, I have this rather different project this time involving going to any museum here. Well, I'll be doing that this week after seeing some fees.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    today, during my checkup, my eye doctor asked me what school I'm going to. i told him i haven't decided yet. then he reasoned with me and said “nobody gives a sh*t about where doctors do undergrad." and intimidated the hell out of me lol he was much sweeter before i turned 18
    I don't know why, but I read this as your doctor WHISPERED that little vulgar quote. Definitely a much more graphic image. :P

And, to the people who say, "Oh, just focus on your interests!" I, personally, don't agree with that. College is an investment. You're going to be spending thousands upon thousands of dollars in classes; don't make decisions based ONLY on enlightenment, unless you're insanely rich, it's a bad idea. You have to think long term and make a compromise of your interests and what will assure that you'll get a successful career.

get a successful career which you have 0 interest in only to regret later on in life not doing what you wanted or going and spending thousands more dollars on what you wanted to do in the first place

great advice
    life is
    a game

I threw up in the car on the way to class today....

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I threw up in the car on the way to class today....
    sounds terrible! get better

dropped my calc class. the teacher was terrible and with working 3 jobs and another class, there was no way I was going to be able to teach it to myself. Id rather drop it than wreck my GPA

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

project due tomorrow, I'm not even half done....>.> ugh...

I have good news and bad news. The good news is, my Algebra grade increased. The bad news? It's a D.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    unless you have a degree from like, University of Somalia, i don't think anyone really cares what uni you graduated from in any field. there is a lot of elitism from some universities around where i live and people insist that i went to the worst one but the career opportunities are 100% equal.
    Is that supposed to be a discrimanatory comment?
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Page 347 of 446 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397 ... LastLast