Page 348 of 444 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398 ... LastLast
Results 8,676 to 8,700 of 11090

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

I completely bombed a Geometry test today. My only homework over the weekend was to study for it, too. Everyone else is saying they bombed it as well, but they always do better than me.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

i got a 69 on my calculus test. then, we reviewed the test answers, and the guy behind me kept saying “oh, that one? that was an easy one!" that cocky son of a *****! he had calculus AB last semester; i had it a year and half ago. plus, i have SO MUCH going on, so excuse me for not understanding the material of ONE test. people need to learn how to think before they speak and sound like an arrogant ***hole

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I completely bombed a Geometry test today. My only homework over the weekend was to study for it, too. Everyone else is saying they bombed it as well, but they always do better than me.
    I know this feel, bro. I went through that through Jr. High and freshman year of high school. Second semester freshman year I switched to a mid-level math class from the honors one I was in, took mid-level Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, PreCalc, then made it back to an honors Calc class and passed all with flying colors. No shame in going down a level if that's just the speed at which you learn. And no shame in feeling bad compared to your peers either, it just discourages and frustrates you so don't let it get to you. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I know this feel, bro. I went through that through Jr. High and freshman year of high school. Second semester freshman year I switched to a mid-level math class from the honors one I was in, took mid-level Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II, PreCalc, then made it back to an honors Calc class and passed all with flying colors. No shame in going down a level if that's just the speed at which you learn. And no shame in feeling bad compared to your peers either, it just discourages and frustrates you so don't let it get to you. Best of luck!
    i know that wasn't directed towards me, but i felt very frustrated and discouraged in calculus today, so i needed to hear that. sigh, time to make a comeback

Credit to Brutaka

Test scores are culturally biased and not fully indicative of learning.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady
    So far, I'm looking good for straight A's.
    Biology, Bio lab, Italian, Psychology, and Calculus. Woot for me!
    I'd love to know what on earth you plan to do in the future with that weird combination of subjects.

You look ripe for a trainee position at McDonald's.
    Last edited by facetious; 26th February 2013 at 3:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    Test scores are culturally biased and not fully indicative of learning.

I'd love to know what on earth you plan to do in the future with that weird combination of subjects.

You look ripe for a trainee position at McDonald's.
    whoa, harsh much? and test grades matter a s***load when it's an AP course and you're trying to have a good GPA and rank because i wanna be a physician so a good GPA/rank is the least i should be able to do

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    whoa, harsh much? and test grades matter a s***load when it's an AP course and you're trying to have a good GPA and rank because i wanna be a physician so a good GPA/rank is the least i should be able to do
    For reference, look up the actual definition of facetious. It helps when realizing the true beauty of facetious (user). Don't take it personally and don't let it get to you.

It looks like this conversation isn't going to die any time soon, so can someone explain to me what these AP, GDA, etc, things are?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

AP stands for Advanced Placement. It's like a step above any type of Honors course. AP courses are usually much harder (Though not always--looking at you, English!) but at the end of the semester you take an AP test which is standard for all AP courses in the state at least (Probably nation, but I can't say that for 100% certainty) and you can often use these AP credits towards college classes to get out of prerequisite classes and if you take enough even cut an entire year of schooling out.

GPA I assume is what you also mean, and it stands for Grade Point Average. Usually based on a scale of 0 to 4, though some schools use 0 to 5 and I think even 0 to 10 from what I remember from college apps. I know my high school used 0 to 5 but the same applies to the other types. Basically all your courses are weighted based on the level of difficulty of the class (From the lowest rank to honors equivalent and then also AP) and whatever your grade is is weighed accordingly. For example, a steady set of all B's in average-level classes would probably get you a 3. An average of B in honors courses would probably get you a 3.3 or so. These are bold estimates, but they're weighed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    i know that wasn't directed towards me, but i felt very frustrated and discouraged in calculus today, so i needed to hear that. sigh, time to make a comeback
    just aim to pass the class. You will never use calculus again, unless you are doing some for of engineering.

I have to take it for my finance degree and have yet to understand why. In almost 10 years in accounting I have yet to use calculus.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Ah, finally back to school after a week long break. Kind of a smooth landing since we only had three hour of Swedish today. Still have to finish my two lab reports by Friday though.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

So i'm starting to do homework more often, and I have increased my history grade to a C! Yay for me!
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

oh my goodness, i LOVE parametric equations. they're so much fun! and you can graph practically any shape with them. yes, i am definitely acing my next test!

Credit to Brutaka

I've been having difficulty bringing myself back into the swing of things after this vacation, which is annoying because my chem mid term was a 96 and I was kind o hoping to keep it up there but I have absolutely no motivation this week

How do you guys get yourselves ready for to do school work?

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    sounds terrible! get better
    Pretty sure I figured out that the issue was carsickness. It was weird though, I've never been prone to carsickness before.

A good third of the people in my art history class weren't there today. We still had class though.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Pretty sure I figured out that the issue was carsickness. It was weird though, I've never been prone to carsickness before.

A good third of the people in my art history class weren't there today. We still had class though.
    Everyone is prone to motion sickness (carsickness) it just varies with everyone and can hit you unexpectedly. In all reality you could have had some blockage in your sinuses that you didnt know about it and that exacerbated the motion sickness to the point of vomiting. I am the same way, I can read and play video games in the car all day long, but if im having sinus issues at all I cant

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

I have a bad earache so off sport till Friday! Woo! Still, I don't like earaches at all. Missing PE tomorrow, so that's plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Got a 71.6 on my genetics exam! It's pretty much a B with curve though because the afternoon class had it harder hahahaha.
    now waiting for biochem grade which I am fearing right now

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    Everyone is prone to motion sickness (carsickness) it just varies with everyone and can hit you unexpectedly. In all reality you could have had some blockage in your sinuses that you didnt know about it and that exacerbated the motion sickness to the point of vomiting. I am the same way, I can read and play video games in the car all day long, but if im having sinus issues at all I cant

B
    Strangely enough, I rarely feel anything in buses, coaches, trains, planes, and the such, but when it comes to cars and taxis, I literally feel carsick the moment I get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Strangely enough, I rarely feel anything in buses, coaches, trains, planes, and the such, but when it comes to cars and taxis, I literally feel carsick the moment I get on.
    Not surprising. The smaller spaces could have something to do with it (claustrophobia). It could even be some sort of aversion, have you ever gotten really really sick in a car once? or been in a horrible wreck?

Next time you are in a car and you start to feel sick, pick an object out in the far distance (building, monument, mountain..anything) and focus on it. Keep looking at it while you are in the car, relax and let your eyes blur everything else out while you focus on that one object. This should help to ease the sickness. Most people get sick because objects in the foreground (inside car) aren't moving, things immediately outside the car are moving extremely fast, and the further out from the car you go the slower objects appear to be moving. This can really mess with you equilibrium.

B

Well, these two weeks are almost over, thank god. I've been averaging 4 to 6 hours of sleep a night over the past 2 weeks with an extensive load of things to do. All I have left is one exam tomorrow and then I can finally catch up on sleep. So far I've had 3 exams, and a 5 hour lab report to do on top of normal studying. Friday can't come soon enough.
    Chive on!
    I'm sick of always hearing
    All the
    sad songs on the radio
    All day it is there to remind
    An over sensitive guy
    That he's
    lost and alone

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    AP stands for Advanced Placement. It's like a step above any type of Honors course. AP courses are usually much harder (Though not always--looking at you, English!) but at the end of the semester you take an AP test which is standard for all AP courses in the state at least (Probably nation, but I can't say that for 100% certainty) and you can often use these AP credits towards college classes to get out of prerequisite classes and if you take enough even cut an entire year of schooling out.

GPA I assume is what you also mean, and it stands for Grade Point Average. Usually based on a scale of 0 to 4, though some schools use 0 to 5 and I think even 0 to 10 from what I remember from college apps. I know my high school used 0 to 5 but the same applies to the other types. Basically all your courses are weighted based on the level of difficulty of the class (From the lowest rank to honors equivalent and then also AP) and whatever your grade is is weighed accordingly. For example, a steady set of all B's in average-level classes would probably get you a 3. An average of B in honors courses would probably get you a 3.3 or so. These are bold estimates, but they're weighed accordingly.
    Gee, this all sounds a bit unnecessarily complex for an education system. In England we just have UCAS points for university application and it's a pretty simple system to follow. As far as I'm aware, anyway. I haven't yet started properly thinking about university but I'm pretty sure we just have to get accepted then get the A-Level grades to ensure a place.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Next week is gonna be hectic for my school since juniors take the MME. Here's how its gonna go down :
    Monday- full day
    Tues.- no school for 9th, 10th, or most 12th grade
    Wed.- half day juniors have am schedule and everyone else have pm
    Thurs.- vice versa of Wed
    Fri- full day

And to top it all of ALL OF NEXT WEEK IS FINALS WEEK DX

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Gee, this all sounds a bit unnecessarily complex for an education system. In England we just have UCAS points for university application and it's a pretty simple system to follow. As far as I'm aware, anyway. I haven't yet started properly thinking about university but I'm pretty sure we just have to get accepted then get the A-Level grades to ensure a place.
    GPA works similarly. But since it's not exactly fair if I get an A in the highest level math class and someone else gets an A in the lowest level math class and we both end up the same outlook, GPA weighs them accordingly. You can get an A in that low math course and it will influence a higher GPA score but it won't be as high as if you took a higher level course. So it tries not to exclude but it also doesn't reward people for inadequacy. Otherwise I'd have had no incentive to take those higher math classes, would I?

Lets see today I found out eat doesn't count as a reactant on a test when it does on worksheets :/ but on the bright side maths was fun a there was a mistake in the textbook so of course I came up with conspiracy theories
    Hello I'm looking for a Shaymin in order to acquire all the events
    White friend code is 1075 6786 7960
    White 2 Friend code is 3912 5384 7221
    Y friend code:2836 0178 6989 Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigylyph, Gothrita

Page 348 of 444 FirstFirst ... 248298338344345346347348349350351352358398 ... LastLast