Page 364 of 442 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,100 of 11044

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    First full week without uni and I'm already bored.
    I know that feel. Thursday is my last day and unless I get a job, I'm going to be bored out of my mind at home.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Well, this week has been the start of the Summer AS Level Exams, and honestly, I'm quite mixed in terms of how hard and easy it is;

I did my C1 maths yesterday and that was one of the most difficult exams I ever sit. Sequences+Series, Simultaneous Equations and Calculus are alright topics, but coordinate geometry and sketching curves are insane, and trying to find the equation of the normal at a point on the circle is just brutal. Sadly, that was the final question on the paper, and I'll probably be marked down for it. I think with my current progress, I'm looking at a D, and that's being optimistic.

This morning, I've done my History Unit 1exam, and it was surprisingly one of the best exams I've done all year. The structure of the essays was really straight foward, and we will able to do it in the time limit. As for the questions, they were on the successes and failures of the New Deals in the 1930s US, and also on the end of prohibition and American life in 1890 to 1919 which was fantastic.

This afternoon, about an hour ago, I finished my geography unit 1 exam, and that was both hard and easy. The human side of it on population change and health issues was really nice and the questions had a nice flow to it, but the cold environments topic was brutal and difficult. I have never been taught eskers in my life or what a glacier budget is, and that may have cost me gravely on the paper, but still, the human side to it and the river topic was nice, so I might still pass.

Anyone else doing their AS Level exams?
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by I-am-the-peel View Post
    Well, this week has been the start of the Summer AS Level Exams, and honestly, I'm quite mixed in terms of how hard and easy it is;

I did my C1 maths yesterday and that was one of the most difficult exams I ever sit. Sequences+Series, Simultaneous Equations and Calculus are alright topics, but coordinate geometry and sketching curves are insane, and trying to find the equation of the normal at a point on the circle is just brutal. Sadly, that was the final question on the paper, and I'll probably be marked down for it. I think with my current progress, I'm looking at a D, and that's being optimistic.

This morning, I've done my History Unit 1exam, and it was surprisingly one of the best exams I've done all year. The structure of the essays was really straight foward, and we will able to do it in the time limit. As for the questions, they were on the successes and failures of the New Deals in the 1930s US, and also on the end of prohibition and American life in 1890 to 1919 which was fantastic.

This afternoon, about an hour ago, I finished my geography unit 1 exam, and that was both hard and easy. The human side of it on population change and health issues was really nice and the questions had a nice flow to it, but the cold environments topic was brutal and difficult. I have never been taught eskers in my life or what a glacier budget is, and that may have cost me gravely on the paper, but still, the human side to it and the river topic was nice, so I might still pass.

Anyone else doing their AS Level exams?
    I've had a look at the AS Maths syllabus and man, does it look hideous. Still doesn't compare to the Mechanics specification for those doing Further Maths (I think), though. God, I hate maths.

History I don't know much about but I deliberately overlooked Geography as one of my A-Level options as the entire syllabus just looked identical to the GCSE one, but just in more detail. We never get taught the cold environments bit, our school just covers coasts, rivers, tourism, population stuff, etc. It all looked pretty dry to me as, if GSCE was anything to go by, it's just all case studies.

I took my Sociology Unit 1 exam yesterday and it was... surprisingly ok. Tripped up on the last question on Functionalism because of time restraints though, and suffered severe hand cramps throughout the entire thing. Doesn't bode well for my English Language exam on Friday, which I am woefully under-prepared for. I've got Sociology Unit 2, Psychology Unit 1, the Zelda Concert in London and my English Lit Tuesday to Friday next week, so this is effectively the calm before the storm (yet I'm still procrastinating).
    Last edited by Poetry; 14th May 2013 at 4:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I've had a look at the AS Maths syllabus and man, does it look hideous. Still doesn't compare to the Mechanics specification for those doing Further Maths (I think), though. God, I hate maths.

History I don't know much about but I deliberately overlooked Geography as one of my A-Level options as the entire syllabus just looked identical to the GCSE one, but just in more detail. We never get taught the cold environments bit, our school just covers coasts, rivers, tourism, population stuff, etc. It all looked pretty dry to me as, if GSCE was anything to go by, it's just all case studies.

I took my Sociology Unit 1 exam yesterday and it was... surprisingly ok. Tripped up on the last question on Functionalism because of time restraints though, and suffered severe hand cramps throughout the entire thing. Doesn't bode well for my English Language exam on Friday, which I am woefully under-prepared for. I've got Sociology Unit 2, Psychology Unit 1, the Zelda Concert in London and my English Lit Tuesday to Friday next week, so this is effectively the calm before the storm (yet I'm still procrastinating).
    What are you doing for your English Lit exam? For me, I did mine in January based on Pride and Prejudice, and The Kite Runner. I'm not doing an exam for it though now, I've just been given coursework assignments on Midsummer Night's Dream and Educating Rita.
    If you're a DC comics fan, GTA or Saints Row fan, hit me up with a vm, I'm always looking to talk to new people for my favourite stuff!

[IMG]http://i43.*******.com/nmgcc9.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to AvengingAngel for the banner.

What are you doing for your English Lit exam? For me, I did mine in January based on Pride and Prejudice, and The Kite Runner. I'm not doing an exam for it though now, I've just been given coursework assignments on Midsummer Night's Dream and Educating Rita.
    I'm doing the combined Lit and Lang Pre-U course, which has no coursework. I'm surprised you did an January exam, I thought those were being phased out, as are retakes.

The set texts I'm studying are The Kite Runner, A Streetcar Named Desire and All My Sons. Kite Runner and Streetcar are both really interesting texts and are reasonably easy to analyse, but All My Sons is dreadful, even more so as it's on the Language side of the course. I've never really got to grips with analysing stuff like dramatic structure and language choices so this Friday's exam is one I'm dreading.

ALL MY GRADES ARE IN! YAY!
    Im done with school for one summer!~

maybe i'll brush up my materials some time

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post
    APWH exam in 3 days !!!!!

totally ready to fail the essays
    I knew jack **** about that class but I still managed a 5 on the test

You'll do fine

^ Click this for good times ^

what flamebeam learned in the Student Lounge Thread today: British education is something else

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    I knew jack **** about that class but I still managed a 5 on the test

You'll do fine
    that's a freshman AP course, right? at least, I'm pretty sure it is in my school

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I took the AP Bio test yesterday and it was complete bull****. I must have studied over 100 hours for that test and someone who had little to no knowledge of actual biology could have done it just as well. That doesn't mean it wasn't hard though. It was basically 80% lab analysis, 15% math, and 5% actual biology. One of the free response questions was straight up half general knowledge and half calculator based math. Ugh I am so disappointed right now. If this was an actual bio test I am sure I would have done well, but for this I am not sure how I will do. I am hoping for at least a 4, maybe a 5 if it is a generous curve because of the new type of test.
    Witness the truly awesome power of my claimed Gyarados.

Gyarados used Epic Awesomeness!
    It's super effective!
    The foe lost OVER 9000% of its health!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero View Post
    "I moved my Monopoly piece forward two squares when nobody was looking, but I didn't use an action replay so it's totally okay"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Chaos View Post
    I took the AP Bio test yesterday and it was complete bull****. I must have studied over 100 hours for that test and someone who had little to no knowledge of actual biology could have done it just as well. That doesn't mean it wasn't hard though. It was basically 80% lab analysis, 15% math, and 5% actual biology. One of the free response questions was straight up half general knowledge and half calculator based math. Ugh I am so disappointed right now. If this was an actual bio test I am sure I would have done well, but for this I am not sure how I will do. I am hoping for at least a 4, maybe a 5 if it is a generous curve because of the new type of test.
    I accidentally left 10 multiple choice problems blank. but other than that, a lot of the questions were like “duh, it's this one". others... ehh. for example, with the chi square and null hypothesis in the frq (I don't know if you got that question) I just learned today what a null hypothesis is, so I messed that up. thanks for teaching it NOW, “bio teacher"

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    what flamebeam learned in the Student Lounge Thread today: British education is something else

that's a freshman AP course, right? at least, I'm pretty sure it is in my school
    I took civics & economics as a freshman, that's why I had apwh this year

I wish they had AP Civics & Economics

Passed all my state finals. I don't have to do my final exams!
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Is that not C2? Unless you're on a different exam board, but we didn't do circles in Maths (Edexcel) until Core 2. Doing my A-Levels currently anyway and I'm basically free for a month before my exams actually start and I only have three Your History syllabus looks really interesting by the looks of it. I might have been inclined to take it if I'd seen those were topics on the syllabus, although it's generally a unanimous opinion among my friends that History is a horrible A-Level.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Huh, Mechanics is a piece of piss. It's without a doubt one of the easiest exams in Maths.
    Running for the thrill of it

So I did my last project of the year all last night, somehow, and it turned out surprisingly nice. It got a 90, so I'm not complaining!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    So I did my last project of the year all last night, somehow, and it turned out surprisingly nice. It got a 90, so I'm not complaining!
    if i ever did that my parents would kill me and it would come out absolutely cr@p. it's just the way things go for me. i try and get it out of the way as soon as i can.
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

LOL, failed my Accounting II final today but still came out of the class with an 80 (B).

EDIT: Got more grades back.

American Lit II: B
    Accounting II: B
    Macroeconomics: ???
    Biology (lecture): A
    Biology (lab): A
    Java Programming: A

Macro final is tomorrow.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 15th May 2013 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909 View Post
    if i ever did that my parents would kill me and it would come out absolutely cr@p. it's just the way things go for me. i try and get it out of the way as soon as i can.
    I guess I'm just used to working like that, since I procrastinate just about everything.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Got out of class an hour early today because the lecture was pretty short, and it was lab time anyway. We got our final assignment explained today, and I was all "Ugh, I so don't want to do this," especially since I didn't do a written assignment. However, because I was working on storyboards, the teacher decided to grade the storyboards in place of the writing assignment. So that was cool. Looks like no matter what happens from here-on out, I think I'll be okay.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    umm, YES! 5 AP exams? as in 5 high school AP exams? I don't even know anyone doing that
    Neither do I. o.o

okay, well that's not as bad. you're almost done; go big or go home
    Yeah, it seems the rest of my days will be more like it too. Work days! Yeah!

6 AP tests and a speech. you're really pushing yourself
    Well, 5 AP tests, since my I only have regular Psychology and Track. Government and Microeconomics are both only a semester, so that's where the 5 comes from.

so 6 AP exams, graduation speech, stage fright... you're bats*** crazy
    Well, it's maybe it's not so much full-on stage fright, but I'm just nervous. I suppose that much is normal, but when you put it all together like that...there's no hiding it; I'm insane.

I accidentally left 10 multiple choice problems blank. but other than that, a lot of the questions were like “duh, it's this one". others... ehh. for example, with the chi square and null hypothesis in the frq (I don't know if you got that question) I just learned today what a null hypothesis is, so I messed that up. thanks for teaching it NOW, “bio teacher"
    Wait, what? Chi squared tests and null hypotheses are things you learn in AP Statistics. Null hypotheses are second nature in second semester AP Statistics, but AP Bio? That's new to me. Either way, I can't stand Bio. Not enough math for me.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I guess I'm just used to working like that, since I procrastinate just about everything.
    I've tried many times in the past managing my team, but I've had trouble because I access my textbooks online. It actually worked for a few months, but I'm back to my old self now, sadly.

Anyways, I've got a persuasive essay coming up. We're allowed to discuss about anything as long as it's not offensive and against religion. Unfortunately I'm one of the only four or five people who are liberal. I'm in a private school, after all, though I'm going to a public high school. I'm thinking of writing about gun control and the 2nd Amendment, though, since it's the closest I can get to expressing my opinions.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

As for academic grades for this year, I've determined that my GPA is mainly going to be determined by whether or not I passed my Algebra Final today. Let's hope logarithms were my strong suit because that's it for them. I have a chance of taking one more possible test for Extra Credit this year, and I may just take it, just so I can get that elusive 4.0. Every other grade in every other class I have is literally an 100% A, but as for Algebra, it's an 89.1% B+.

In other news, I'm a week and a half into my IBMYP Personal Project, making a video game, and so far it's going superbly well!

Thank you based Turpoo

APWH exam in 6 hours

And what am I doing?

A research paper

I love my life

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post
    APWH exam in 6 hours

And what am I doing?

A research paper

I love my life
    According to my computer clock, it is currently six hours after you made that post

Godspeed

Don't forget about the Ottoman empire or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Gelatino95 View Post
    According to my computer clock, it is currently six hours after you made that post

Godspeed

Don't forget about the Ottoman empire or whatever
    You need to fix your clock then.

It was 1AM when he made that post, not 1PM. So really it has been what, 18 hours?

Oh wow, that said AM not PM

My bad

Still though don't forget about the Ottomans, that **** is important

Page 364 of 442 FirstFirst ... 264314354360361362363364365366367368374414 ... LastLast