Page 368 of 442 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast
Results 9,176 to 9,200 of 11038

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

That's awesome, Gustavo! Congrats! Pokémon references in a high school speech? Awesome.

Got my final grades back. I was surprised, actually. Last night, I had checked back to one of my classes, and I was all "Oh crap, I may get a 'D' somehow." But when I just now checked back, it turned out to be a "B". Needless to say, I'm relieved. So I have two "A"s, and one "B" this term. Nice. I can rest in peace for a week.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu725 View Post
    Here's a small bit of advice that I tend to use. While speaking, instead of frequently saying "uh" or "um" just take a breath. It slows down the presentation, and it makes you look much more profesional.
    Obama constantly says "uh" and "um".

I'm glad the speech went well.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 31st May 2013 at 9:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    And, I'm forever done with high school! And the best part is, my speech went very well. It may have been the plethora of Pokemon references I boldly threw in, but I still managed to give my speech without feeling nervous. The whole 2 hours before, I felt so apprehensive about giving it, but as soon as I got up and saw the whole audience, I just dismissed the fact and just began to speak. Everyone was expecting me, and in the program for the ceremony, I even got my title showcased: Attachment 9385

And for all you American Football fans, notably 49ers, quarterback Colin Kaepernick made a surprise appearance at our graduation ceremony! I'm not even kidding! And it was to say goodbye to a few teachers that are retiring, as well as one of his high school coaches who is also leaving. Seriously, I'm not even a fan of the sport, and it was amazing to see him, especially so close at what was merely a high school graduation. I even said this in my speech, but there's no way anyone at my school is going to forget graduation now.
    good job, Gustavo. and valedictorian, too. remember, what you do in high school doesn't guarantee success in life. but you're off to a good start

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    That's awesome, Gustavo! Congrats! Pokémon references in a high school speech? Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Obama constantly says "uh" and "um".

I'm glad the speech went well.
    Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    good job, Gustavo. and valedictorian, too. remember, what you do in high school doesn't guarantee success in life. but you're off to a good start
    Thanks! Now that it's all over, I'm glad that I had the chance to do that in high school, because there's no way I'll be able to manage that in college. It was infinitely better than last year's ceremony, since it rained that year, and the speech was quite depressing, or so I heard. Now to start getting my college checklist done. after some Pokemon
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Thanks! Now that it's all over, I'm glad that I had the chance to do that in high school, because there's no way I'll be able to manage that in college. It was infinitely better than last year's ceremony, since it rained that year, and the speech was quite depressing, or so I heard. Now to start getting my college checklist done. after some Pokemon
    Wow you were valedictorian? I was ranked #3. Sure I could have been #1 but I decided to wing my way through high school that and I got perfect sat scores, lol. But still that's impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Wow you were valedictorian? I was ranked #3. Sure I could have been #1 but I decided to wing my way through high school that and I got perfect sat scores, lol. But still that's impressive.
    Yeah, though I decided to wing my way through the SAT with a 1980, with a ~730 in math. Still got me into UC Berkeley, so I don't care. It wasn't until sophomore year where I decided to actually try to maintain my grades though. I happened to have all A's, and when we were shown our class rank, I saw that I was #1 at the time. So I decided to at least maintain that. I still didn't study for 90% of my tests though. That will need to change in college, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Finished 2nd year of uni last week. Gotta sort out student finance and accomodation before September though.

3DS Friend Code - 4081-6303-6683

My Anime List - updated every now and then

"Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe used to think Justin Bieber was a woman."

exam fear has started kicking in

a few weeks back I was feeling really confident and got to the stage where I would have been happy to sit the exam there and then

but now everything sux
    Running for the thrill of it

Tomorrow kicks off my last week of classes! I''m going to try to spend the day studying; there's a big in-class final for me tomorrow in geometry.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

I finished school last Thursday. No more school until September.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Ton of work since we only have 9 days of school left, and I hear I still have to take two final exams since I missed last academic cycles for them.

Have a great summer for you guys who've finished already!
    Spend your summer well, kids in junior high grades, since high school is a total mother-dog.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

I feel like I'm the only one with 3 weeks left. well, they're gonna fly by. I'm gonna be a high school graduate before I blink. #Sh!tReallyJustGotReal

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one with 3 weeks left. well, they're gonna fly by. I'm gonna be a high school graduate before I blink. #Sh!tReallyJustGotReal
    Well I have 3 weeks, too, but this one is the last of classes. I have four test days spread out over the two weeks after that, so it's kinda like 3 weeks.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Well I have 3 weeks, too, but this one is the last of classes. I have four test days spread out over the two weeks after that, so it's kinda like 3 weeks.
    oh. I have 12 more days of regular school, 2 days of final exams, 3 days of graduation practice, and then graduation/graduation party on the 3rd day

Credit to Brutaka

3 Finals Down, 5 to go! Also, I failed my conics test with a perfect 50% yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... Luckily I can make corrections, but still, I'm really upset about that.
    Last edited by 725roy; 4th June 2013 at 2:29 AM.

Thank you based Turpoo

eleven days of internship left
    aka eleven days of ANYTHING RELATED TO ACADEMICS AT ALL EVER left
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

So I have to say it was probably not the best idea to take off of school for about a year and a half after taking my placement tests for college. Granted, I only had to take two placement tests but I bombed both of them terribly.

This is my sig.

Final exam, Psychology Unit 2 tomorrow. Usually this would mean I'm free until September but next week is the beginning of an entire month of normal lessons to introduce us to our A2 courses. I think I deserve it in actuality, I haven't been working nearly as hard as I should have been in preparation for these exams.I'll just wing it tomorrow and hopefully the coming month shouldn't be too stressful or taxing, what with the hideous weather and all.

Dat feel when your college changes curriculum and you have to go an extra semester to take just one more class.

I was supposed to graduate in December 2013 but it looks like I'll have to go one more semester.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Math sol in two days, it's a 6th grade one, any pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Math sol in two days, it's a 6th grade one, any pointers?
    It's sixth grade math, you literally have nothing to worry about

Hey, it might be hard.

Ugh, so I know I I HAD a 4.0 but then apparently, I log onto my grading checking thing, and it says I have a 3.918, which isn't right. ugh, now I've gotta fix this.

Thank you based Turpoo

Just finished my first year of College and after the disaster that was my mid-year exams I think that the end-year exams went much better, I think I've achieved my minimum targets for each subject at least.

I laughed so hard when i say my class ranking. Im no. #4......funny thing is, i have never gotten an a in all 3 of my high school years, oh but plenty of b's and the occasional c XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Page 368 of 442 FirstFirst ... 268318358364365366367368369370371372378418 ... LastLast