Page 369 of 446 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,225 of 11144

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Finished my Freshman year strong last week with a 4.25. So many honors classes.

Have a Summer reading program for Honors English as usual, reading Animal Farm and Oedipus Rex this year, anyone else have any summer projects (or school, for that matter)?

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Tomorrow will be my last day of Sophomore year for me. It's been fun, for the most part. AP classes were a bit of a strain at times, but they were worth it in the end.
    I think, though the exam grades don't come in until after Friday, that I'll finish the year with A's and a couple B's.

@ Lost: I have a few books to read for next year, though I do not know the titles of the top of my head. Read Animal Farm back in 8th grade. It's a pretty interesting story, and I like the author's work. Oedipus Rex isn't something I've read, but I have read through the play Antigone, which is the 3rd in the series of plays that started with Oedipus Rex, so I know the gist of that story.

Knightfall signing off...

Good luck with everyone finishing off school!
    I'm actually a Masters student at a university. So, next fall some of you could be in the class I'm teaching!
    What I have to say to all of you younger folks is that trying hard pays off. Whether it feels like it now or not, school can be very rewarding.
    It's just hard memorizing everything...

Curator of Pokémon Fractals: Making fractal backgrounds of your favorite Pokémon
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    Trainer & 3DS Name: Elliott

Memorising stuff isn't really the problem at my school. they're not allowed to test us on memory in History. Which is total insanity if you ask me.

End of years are so haaaaard. It's the first year I've ever had to do them. My school has got a really good reputation (that was just destroyed) though the avaerage end of year scores for latin are lingereing around 54% and The pass mark is 60%. DT is low too. I can see why.

I don't do a lot of revising. I hate revising. I do not see the point.

I haven't been here for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Finished my Freshman year strong last week with a 4.25. So many honors classes.

Have a Summer reading program for Honors English as usual, reading Animal Farm and Oedipus Rex this year, anyone else have any summer projects (or school, for that matter)?
    I have to read two books for Global History over the summer:
    "1984" by George Orwell
    "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley

I'm not going to event think about them until after I'm done with this year, though!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Today was my last day of school! I enjoyed this year but of course there were some stressful moments. I'm still not out of the woods yet, I have some Finals/Regents coming up! My last one is the 19th so I'll be 100% done with everything school related for the year by then.

I can't believe I'm going to be a Junior in September!
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:

Spoiler:- Claimed Anime Songs/Anime List:

had an exam

went absolutely disastrous

Tomorrow is my last day of school, finishing up my 4 day Spanish final tomorrow, was supposed to be 3, but my Spanish teacher is the worst human being in the world, so she doesn't acknowledge the fact we have a final and she talks for half the period. Only 5 people did there speaking and she blames it on us, while it is 100% HER FAULT.

I have Regents week, not really worried for anything really... Maybe my Geometry, but I have like a whole week to study for that.
    For my English 10 Honors class, there is a like 6 page selection of books. Including Twilight (WTF), The Hunger Games and The Fault in our stars. I want to read The Fault in our Stars, but Les Miserables is an option, I emailed my teacher needing to know if I can read the abridged version, because I don't feel like reading a 1400 page book...

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I laughed so hard when i say my class ranking. Im no. #4......funny thing is, i have never gotten an a in all 3 of my high school years, oh but plenty of b's and the occasional c XD
    Wow, with no A's? Even if you're not done with high school, congrats on that! That's hilarious, if not worrying. During my sophomore year, we had 10+ students tied for #2, though, and they all had a 4.6 GPA. Then there's me with my 4.8 academic GPA.

Meanwhile, I have a student orientation to go to on 24th and 25th, which needs me to be checked in at 7:30 in the morning. I live 2 hours away, so that's going to be an interesting morning. This better be worth the $295 it's worth.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 6th June 2013 at 11:48 PM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Waiting for a science exam. I should be revising but im not. Im not a very serious reviser. I think I should be revising.
    Yes I still have physics, biology and chemistry all together.

Well, psychology actually didn't bomb like I thought it would, despite my pre-exam cramming session was a lot more... distracting than I anticipated.

So I'm pretty much done for the year, then. An entire summer of mind-numbing boredom accompanied by uncomfortable weather and that constant feeling of dread whenever I think of what I'm going to do after year 13. Fun.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wow, with no A's? Even if you're not done with high school, congrats on that! That's hilarious, if not worrying. During my sophomore year, we had 10+ students tied for #2, though, and they all had a 4.6 GPA. Then there's me with my 4.8 academic GPA.

Meanwhile, I have a student orientation to go to on 24th and 25th, which needs me to be checked in at 7:30 in the morning. I live 2 hours away, so that's going to be an interesting morning. This better be worth the $295 it's worth.
    The dumb thing about my school is that Honors classes and regular classes are weighed with the same GPA amount, so, for example, whenI'm in Calculus next year (which is 3 years ahead in math) I'll still get the same GPA value if I were in Geometry I that year. That said, I ended off freshman year at a 3.9725 which ranks me somewhere around 7-14 in the class.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu725 View Post
    The dumb thing about my school is that Honors classes and regular classes are weighed with the same GPA amount, so, for example, whenI'm in Calculus next year (which is 3 years ahead in math) I'll still get the same GPA value if I were in Geometry I that year. That said, I ended off freshman year at a 3.9725 which ranks me somewhere around 7-14 in the class.
    Well, that must be obnoxious. I'm still baffled by the fact that it's so precise. Is it because of an A- or something? I know that in college, an A- isn't the same as an A or A+, GPA-wise.

Meanwhile, since this is the month of student orientation for many colleges, I'm not going until the end of the month, which I kinda regret. Now I'm worried I won't get into Math 1B (aka second level of Calculus), but when I really get thinking, not many people are going to be signing up for that class unless they major in math or physics. And there's 500+ spots total, with another level of Calculus right before it that I'm discounting. I'm such a nerd.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Well, that must be obnoxious. I'm still baffled by the fact that it's so precise. Is it because of an A- or something? I know that in college, an A- isn't the same as an A or A+, GPA-wise.

Meanwhile, since this is the month of student orientation for many colleges, I'm not going until the end of the month, which I kinda regret. Now I'm worried I won't get into Math 1B (aka second level of Calculus), but when I really get thinking, not many people are going to be signing up for that class unless they major in math or physics. And there's 500+ spots total, with another level of Calculus right before it that I'm discounting. I'm such a nerd.
    Yeah , I got an A- in both 1 st quarter and 3rd Quarter, but that hardly matters, since most of my school doesn't try. and yeah, the reason it's so exact is literally because they average the 4 quarters / 2 semesters to get the GPA. Speakin of Math, I'll be taking Pre-Calc over the summer, so I can take either AP Stats, or Calculus next year as a sophomore.

Thank you based Turpoo

Yeah , I got an A- in both 1 st quarter and 3rd Quarter, but that hardly matters, since most of my school doesn't try. and yeah, the reason it's so exact is literally because they average the 4 quarters / 2 semesters to get the GPA. Speakin of Math, I'll be taking Pre-Calc over the summer, so I can take either AP Stats, or Calculus next year as a sophomore.
    Oh. For my school, only the semester grades were mattered. 1st and 3rd quarter were nothing more than a glorified progress report. As for math, I just took Calculus AB as a junior, because our school only offered that and AP Stats. No Calculus BC, otherwise I'd have taken that over Stats as a senior. Even though I'm no fan of taking summer classes, if you're taking Pre-Calc over the summer, I'd say go for Calculus next year. It might be a little sudden, but AP Stats has nothing to do with anything you learn in other classes, which is why Stats is much easier of a class.

you're all very smart people.

well, my prom weekend is now. hopefully, that's fun. and then next week, I have lots of college stuff to do. woohoo

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Oh. For my school, only the semester grades were mattered. 1st and 3rd quarter were nothing more than a glorified progress report. As for math, I just took Calculus AB as a junior, because our school only offered that and AP Stats. No Calculus BC, otherwise I'd have taken that over Stats as a senior. Even though I'm no fan of taking summer classes, if you're taking Pre-Calc over the summer, I'd say go for Calculus next year. It might be a little sudden, but AP Stats has nothing to do with anything you learn in other classes, which is why Stats is much easier of a class.
    I've been advised by my counselor, as wel as the IB coordinator at my school to take either Stats or Calculus next year, the other the following year and then HL Math Senior year so I can take the HL test after doing HL.

Thank you based Turpoo

one week of this internship left and then i've got two months of job-hunting

LET'S SEE WHERE THIS GOES.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I've been advised by my counselor, as wel as the IB coordinator at my school to take either Stats or Calculus next year, the other the following year and then HL Math Senior year so I can take the HL test after doing HL.
    Hm, so things must different for your school. I have no idea what IB is outside of what it stands for, and HL is something new to me. Not like it matters to me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    one week of this internship left and then i've got two months of job-hunting

LET'S SEE WHERE THIS GOES.
    Must be insanely exciting right now. Or very nerve-wracking. Job hunting seems like it would be the worst part, though.

Must be insanely exciting right now. Or very nerve-wracking. Job hunting seems like it would be the worst part, though.
    I've already sent in two applications - to the Department of Defense and to the Department of Homeland Security.

Probably gonna throw in a pair of Ohio gov't job applications, too, before I start looking at things in the private sector.
    last.fm
    facebook

If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    I've already sent in two applications - to the Department of Defense and to the Department of Homeland Security.

Probably gonna throw in a pair of Ohio gov't job applications, too, before I start looking at things in the private sector.
    Oh, so you've already started? Exciting stuff, that's for sure. An interest in Government and Politics sure goes far. I could never go into that kind of stuff, but I've got my interests in math.

Yeah, to say the least this is about to be my most interesting summer yet.

(Speaking of which, now was a good time to professional up my About Me.)
    Last edited by John Madden; 9th June 2013 at 12:05 AM.
    last.fm
    facebook

Back to University tomorrow. June 10 is the start of our classes here. I'm a bit excited at the same time worried about what's going on tomorrow. I hope I don't be late for tomorrow's first day of classesXD
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Tomorrow I go back to class for another ten weeks. It's all core classes this time and I don't go in until eleven on Mondays and Tuesdays so I obviously get to sleep in, but still, I wish this break was longer. But if it was, then my parents would've forced me to get my wisdom teeth removed so I could recuperate for two weeks :/. Since that won't be until August, might as well delay the inevitable.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Working on a mathematic document for the end of the year and tonight, I have to study for my last in-class sciences exam. Monday and Tuesday are my last classes days. From Wednesday to June 20th, final exams and studies. Pretty excited to end the year, hopefully I won't die until there.
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Page 369 of 446 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419 ... LastLast