Page 371 of 446 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421 ... LastLast
Results 9,251 to 9,275 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneyy View Post
    Finally done with school this year. I got straight A's on my finals and even a couple A+'s, so I guess the end of the year was all right. Unfortunately, I have a lot of work this summer so I guess I'm never really out of school this year.
    congratulations!

i guess i'm the only one here who's still in school :/ well, the good news is that i got accepted into the summer program i applied for. and i got my braces off today. okay, back to my incurable senioritis

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I've sort of got school right now. I'm currently balancing my volunteering (which is required to pass out of IB), Pre-calc, My personal project (which is making a full-on working video game), a summer reading assignment on "The Scarlet Letter" and tennis. Yeah, I'm still in school.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    i guess i'm the only one here who's still in school :/ well, the good news is that i got accepted into the summer program i applied for. and i got my braces off today. okay, back to my incurable senioritis
    I also considered a summer program at my college, but since the only purpose of it is to start college early, I decided against it. I want to enjoy my summer for once without a summer assignment.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I can't decide on what I want to do. Finish my BBA at one college, stay there, and get my MBA, or just get my BBA. Or possibly go to a different college to get my MBA.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

After all the time sacrificing on submitting our lab notebooks, been stressing a lot about it that time,although it was half done or not properly wrote very well and correct, (I've been expecting how many red marks our Prof. would be putting in it.), now my co-group mate just told me that our lab notebook was nowhere to be found in the faculty room.. Now I feel a lot worse than before. I just hope it was thrown in the trash by our professor.

Another day of worried-ness. For my first day in the new semester (which started last week), I guess it was a whole new challenge.. totally tortured...
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || cr:baekhundred || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Today was my last test. I'm happy that my first year of high school is over with, but I'm kinda sad too. Though next week I'm sure I'm not going to miss waking up early! So far I've gotten A's on all my tests, but the last two haven't come in yet. The only thing I have to do this summer for school is read two books, so that'll be easy enough...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

I've taken a total of 36 classes in high school. I'm down to my last two: psychology exam today and AP bio exam tomorrow. I really can't believe this is the end

Credit to Brutaka

I've taken a total of 36 classes in high school. I'm down to my last two: psychology exam today and AP bio exam tomorrow. I really can't believe this is the end
    Seeing as many people here are already done with school, I bet you just can't wait to be finally done.
    Seriously, good luck!
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

36 classes in 4 years, right? That's quite a lot. I guess not really though if they're only semester long courses, but they'd only count as half credits.

I think I finished with around 28. Maybe give or take a couple. I graduated over 4 years ago so I really don't remember.

EDIT: Well I guess it depends on how long the classes are per day. At my school, freshmen and sophomores had to take 7 classes unless they were involved in sports, the sport would take up a class spot. Juniors only had to take 6. As for seniors I don't think there was any rules regarding that. I know some people who only had 2 classes and some who had 7.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 20th June 2013 at 10:11 PM.

I finished school at the end of may. Got 100% on my lang. arts core test.
    The world needs more weird people who know how things work and who love to figure it all out.
    Being different is not a crime, and people who tell you it is are just jealous that you've picked up a skill they never in their wildest dreams could acquire.
    You can code. They cannot. That is pretty dang cool.
    ~Zed Shaw

Took the French final and got a C...
    Good thing I'm not taking French next year. My teacher didn't teach me anything!

Also, I'm moving, so I won't see my friends at school...
    Trainer name: Liam (I'm usually up for casual battles now...)

Friend Codes Pearl: 5113 7483 6924 White: 0562 7412 3100
    "While working on my PokéDex, I looked all over for Pokémon. Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type. And now... I'm the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you. I am the most powerful Trainer in the world!"
    [IMG]http://i41.*******.com/2jdqr5x.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Caster View Post
    Good thing I'm not taking French next year. My teacher didn't teach me anything!

Also, I'm moving, so I won't see my friends at school...
    I took French in 10th grade and my parents were like "why on earth would you want to do that?". So I took Spanish in 11th and 12th grade. Four years later and I don't remember any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I took French in 10th grade and my parents were like "why on earth would you want to do that?". So I took Spanish in 11th and 12th grade. Four years later and I don't remember any of it.
    Ha! I'm actually taking Spanish next year, but I'm actually fluent. Now that i think about it, I should have taken the Spanish Fluent Speakers course at my school, knowing that I suck at writing and reading in Spanish...

"While working on my PokéDex, I looked all over for Pokémon. Not only that, I assembled teams that would beat any Pokémon type. And now... I'm the Pokémon League Champion! Red! Do you know what that means? I'll tell you. I am the most powerful Trainer in the world!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Caster View Post
    Teachers can't teach you everything there is to know about a subject, especially languages. How about you get off this Pokemon forum, stop playing with your ridiculous Pokemon games, and engage in some self-study?

In more exciting news, I scored 94% (First Class Honours) on my Masters' thesis. Looking forward to starting a PhD at an Ivy League institution in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by facetious View Post
    Teachers can't teach you everything there is to know about a subject, especially languages. How about you get off this Pokemon forum, stop playing with your ridiculous Pokemon games, and engage in some self-study?

In more exciting news, I scored 94% (First Class Honours) on my Masters' thesis. Looking forward to starting a PhD at an Ivy League institution in the near future!
    Thing is, I started back in seventh grade (I wasn't playing Pokemon) and all we did in French was learn things like how to say hello, and have parties. Second year was the same thing, except I actually tried to study. FYI, I had other things to worry about, other more important subjects, plus the second year of French was a cakewalk too. Third year, all our teacher did was give us worksheets and quizzes, expecting us to know all these things we hadn't learned. He didn't even really bother to teach us well, nor were we given the resources.

you complain about resources yet you have the internet

Taking Tuesday to Friday off this week to go to a summer course introduction thing in Art Foundation. Looking forward to it, but that means that I've have pretty much an entire week's worth of work to catch up on, and that on top of all my other commitments and coursework I have to complete by the end of the month... Exams are long gone, but doesn't mean the school still won't stop bombarding us with extra stress and sleepless nights.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Got selected for an inter school quiz!

Wild Future ~ Tyrone Walpole
    Credit
    I have claimed the Almighty Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    you complain about resources yet you have the internet
    Haha, good point there buddy. I already explained in my previous post what my problems were, unfortunately, I'm not taking French next year, so this discussion is over.

...why does every god damned position in every sector demand you have 1 year of experience at the goddamn entry level
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    ...why does every god damned position in every sector demand you have 1 year of experience at the goddamn entry level
    It's stupid, I know.

I'm trying to get some sort of administrative position in some places, but the best I could possibly get is just an assistant job, but even then they want experience. I have a damn degree that should be enough!

So what I'm going to do, is get a job further (farther?) down the ladder, get some experience, then one day say "see ya *****es" and apply for a higher position with the company.

I have a friend who just graduated in December with a Bachelor's of Accounting degree, and he got a job extremely fast. He never had a job before that.

I've got 3 months of office experience (all of it attained this year) and all of these positions are asking for one year for what would be classed as an "Office Assistant I" position in most places

and it's really obnoxious because I don't have any other remotely simple way to get office experience now that I'm graduating
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I got accepted into the summer program I applied for. it's from June 30 to August 2. it's supposed to help me adjust to college work and living on campus. I hope it helps, because college sounds a little scary right now.

Credit to Brutaka

So I have exactly one month until my Pre-Calc final (on my birthday no less) and I still have to study 4 more chapters! Hooray for being behind!

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Today was my last test. I'm happy that my first year of high school is over with, but I'm kinda sad too. Though next week I'm sure I'm not going to miss waking up early! So far I've gotten A's on all my tests, but the last two haven't come in yet. The only thing I have to do this summer for school is read two books, so that'll be easy enough...
    That's good to hear about your tests! I remember being sad about my freshman year ending too. It was perhaps my best school year. Enjoy your summer of reading!

Credit: KimKutThroat

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Page 371 of 446 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421 ... LastLast