Page 372 of 444 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 11093

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

  1. #9276
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Some type of hell
    Posts
    819

    Default

    for anyone still in high school, I advise you, once senior year arrives, don't succumb to senioritis (and if you don't know what it is, Google it.). after my Calc BC AP exam, I wanted to stop trying, even though I had about 7 weeks left of school. my rank was 23/373 (but I heard that people have been dropping out or have failed their senior year, so it could be as low as 23/350). in my school, the top 20 was a coveted position. I mean, you get your name in a plaque and everything. Well, I was pretty confident I didn't make it, since I felt that my grades in June weren't up to par with the Top 20 kids.

    yesterday, my school's principal announced the official top 20, from #20 to valedictorian. when he announced the first 2 people, and it wasn't me, I realized, as I expected, that I didn't make it. so the lesson, my undergraduate comrades is to...

        Spoiler:- Lesson in Here:

    A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

    Credit to Brutaka

  2. #9277
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    for anyone still in high school, I advise you, once senior year arrives, don't succumb to senioritis (and if you don't know what it is, Google it.). after my Calc BC AP exam, I wanted to stop trying, even though I had about 7 weeks left of school. my rank was 23/373 (but I heard that people have been dropping out or have failed their senior year, so it could be as low as 23/350). in my school, the top 20 was a coveted position. I mean, you get your name in a plaque and everything. Well, I was pretty confident I didn't make it, since I felt that my grades in June weren't up to par with the Top 20 kids.

    yesterday, my school's principal announced the official top 20, from #20 to valedictorian. when he announced the first 2 people, and it wasn't me, I realized, as I expected, that I didn't make it. so the lesson, my undergraduate comrades is to...

        Spoiler:- Lesson in Here:
    Wow, that's fantastic! It must be even more exciting for you that it wasn't totally expected. I totally second this notion. I totally felt like doing the same, since it felt unfair that i was the only one still doing work in my classes, but it was worth it. Congratulations!

    So I got back from a two day student orientation last night (which was way cooler than I expected), and I'm so excited for it to start now. I've already made some friends, and believe it or not, met with a friend I haven't seen in over 4 years! It was worth it go too, since I got my student ID and began the class selection process which was very stressful. We were given a math diagnostic test (surprise!) to see what class we would be recommended to (Pre-Calculus and the first three levels of Calculus) and at least 99% of us got no more than 5 points on that test...out of 22. Turns out Calculus at Berkeley is "Calculus on steroids," so we were all recommended to Pre-Calculus. Some of those guys with big egos are going to try taking higher classes anyway, but they will most likely regret it. At least it's possible to drop classes. In all, it was a great time, even though it rained most of the time, and I'm totally looking forward to going in the fall.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  3. #9278
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Some type of hell
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wow, that's fantastic! It must be even more exciting for you that it wasn't totally expected. I totally second this notion. I totally felt like doing the same, since it felt unfair that i was the only one still doing work in my classes, but it was worth it. Congratulations!

    So I got back from a two day student orientation last night (which was way cooler than I expected), and I'm so excited for it to start now. I've already made some friends, and believe it or not, met with a friend I haven't seen in over 4 years! It was worth it go too, since I got my student ID and began the class selection process which was very stressful. We were given a math diagnostic test (surprise!) to see what class we would be recommended to (Pre-Calculus and the first three levels of Calculus) and at least 99% of us got no more than 5 points on that test...out of 22. Turns out Calculus at Berkeley is "Calculus on steroids," so we were all recommended to Pre-Calculus. Some of those guys with big egos are going to try taking higher classes anyway, but they will most likely regret it. At least it's possible to drop classes. In all, it was a great time, even though it rained most of the time, and I'm totally looking forward to going in the fall.
    thank you. and good luck with college. over here in Rutgers, the math wasn't so bad. depending on the results of my Calc BC test, I can be placed into Multivariable Calculus. but yeah, Class of 2017, here we come!

    A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

    Credit to Brutaka

  4. #9279
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    thank you. and good luck with college. over here in Rutgers, the math wasn't so bad. depending on the results of my Calc BC test, I can be placed into Multivariable Calculus. but yeah, Class of 2017, here we come!
    Yeah, it's so hard here, people who have gotten a 5 on both the Calculus AB and BC exams are recommended for Pre-Calculus here. I could go take basically any math class if I wanted to, but that's not going to happen. All the older students that spoke with me did said they regretted starting at the first Calculus course, though. It's not that bad though, since our education is no longer about proving we're smart, especially at a place where everyone is a high-ranking student. And Pre-calculus is no cakewalk either, from what I've heard.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  5. #9280
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,912

    Default

    I graduated high school today. It could have been better and it could have been worse, but it was mine.

    For any Sppf students going int high school, some advice: Make friends that will last forever. You cannot get by without them.

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  6. #9281
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Lately I've been really sick with a tummy bug and I've stayed home for 2 days, the only good thing I see out of it is that I've got all of the Holidays to complete my history project on Aboriginal Dreamtime. I am out of my year 1. at History having the highest score out of all of my tests so this one is important.

  7. #9282
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    virtual world
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Just finished our start of term exam. It was a shocking news to us also for me as well that last week's acquaintance day (in our course, to which I was one of those many who didn't attend that event) will make a 5-page essay about the importance and disadvantages of attending that kind of event. I don't get it..why are we gonna do that?. It's a bit stressing week to say the least.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

    || Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

  8. #9283
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the cardboard box in front
    Posts
    189

    Default

    I'm a little over halfway through my summer semester at community college. It's rough. I'm only taking two classes, but still. I also just remembered I have a test on Tuesday, & I have a bunch of homework assignments due Monday. Whoops. Now I kind of wish he pushed it to the 9th. It would've made my life easier.

    Never again am I doing a summer semester. Nope. Never again. Not to mention this is the second of four semesters I'll be doing before I get a nice long break. I started in the spring of this year, this is my second semester, & I'm doing a fall & a spring semester before I get a long break.

  9. #9284
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Some type of hell
    Posts
    819

    Default

    I'm starting my summer program today. well, that was a nice 72-hour break from education :/

    A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

    Credit to Brutaka

  10. #9285
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Bloody hell, who knew that sociology could be such a pain in the arse? I have no doubts as to what I'm going to drop next year.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  11. #9286
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Bloody hell, who knew that sociology could be such a pain in the arse? I have no doubts as to what I'm going to drop next year.
    If you're in Sociology now, why do you have to drop it next year?

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  12. #9287
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If you're in Sociology now, why do you have to drop it next year?
    In Britain, when taking A-Levels (the exams you take when you're 16-18) the general pattern is that you take four subjects in the first year, then drop one in the second year, leaving you with three full A-Levels and one AS Level. Some people carry on all four A-Levels into the second year, but it's a lot of work to take on. Not only would I be unable to cope with the sheer workload but I detest sociology, so I'll be taking full advantage of the system and as a result, I'll just be carrying on with Psych, English and Art next year.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  13. #9288
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Felly View Post
    I'm a little over halfway through my summer semester at community college. It's rough. I'm only taking two classes, but still. I also just remembered I have a test on Tuesday, & I have a bunch of homework assignments due Monday. Whoops. Now I kind of wish he pushed it to the 9th. It would've made my life easier.

    Never again am I doing a summer semester. Nope. Never again. Not to mention this is the second of four semesters I'll be doing before I get a nice long break. I started in the spring of this year, this is my second semester, & I'm doing a fall & a spring semester before I get a long break.
    I wish I would've taken summer courses. I'd be able to graduate and transfer a semester earlier. Now I gotta go back in the spring for 1 or 2 classes.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  14. #9289
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    So AP score reports are coming as early as Friday, depending on where in the U.S. or other that you live. Since I'm in California, I won't get to see mine until Sunday, when the standard access to AP scores is that same Monday. So much for "early access." :/
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  15. #9290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    So AP score reports are coming as early as Friday, depending on where in the U.S. or other that you live. Since I'm in California, I won't get to see mine until Sunday, when the standard access to AP scores is that same Monday. So much for "early access." :/
    Is "early access" something you have to register for? Or is it given to, say, one out of every five students or something? Because I've never heard anybody mention anything about it.



  16. #9291
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    Is "early access" something you have to register for? Or is it given to, say, one out of every five students or something? Because I've never heard anybody mention anything about it.
    Well, I got an email about it saying that there will be early access to AP scores as early as June 5th, assuming you took one in 2013. Otherwise, AP scores will be available to all on July 8th. I didn't register for anything special, and I don't see anything about it being for a select sample of students, so maybe check any email that you use.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  17. #9292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, I got an email about it saying that there will be early access to AP scores as early as June 5th, assuming you took one in 2013. Otherwise, AP scores will be available to all on July 8th. I didn't register for anything special, and I don't see anything about it being for a select sample of students, so maybe check any email that you use.
    Well, I haven't taken any AP tests yet, but the reason I was asking was because I never heard any of the upperclassmen mention anything about some special, registration-only early access or anything like that.



  18. #9293
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post
    Well, I haven't taken any AP tests yet, but the reason I was asking was because I never heard any of the upperclassmen mention anything about some special, registration-only early access or anything like that.
    Oh, I see. This hasn't been done before, to my knowledge, though you can find specific info here. I'd say the reason this has started is because of AP scores now being accessible only online as of this year.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  19. #9294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Oh, I see. This hasn't been done before, to my knowledge, though you can find specific info here. I'd say the reason this has started is because of AP scores now being accessible only online as of this year.
    That actually makes sense, seeing as the Internet is becoming a bigger and bigger part of society by the second, as well as the tendency of many people to misplace things and not check mail due to laziness.



  20. #9295
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    These United States.
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Summer vacation is going by too quickly, it's already July. I'm so eager to go back and have a bunch of workload from five classes.

  21. #9296
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Some type of hell
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    So AP score reports are coming as early as Friday, depending on where in the U.S. or other that you live. Since I'm in California, I won't get to see mine until Sunday, when the standard access to AP scores is that same Monday. So much for "early access." :/
    I get mine tomorrow I'm super confident about Calc BC but I'm worried about AP Bio (I think I got a 3, which my school doesn't accept). Oh well, I'll see tomorrow

    A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

    Credit to Brutaka

  22. #9297
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The House That Never Was
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    AP scores are out, and I'm proud to say I got 5's in Gov and Lang, a 4 in Stats, and a 3 in AP Studio Art Drawing(considering I didn't care about that class at all, this is good haha)!! My friend and I were freaking out!! Now I'm waiting on everyone else to wake up...
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé


    Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon


        Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:


  23. #9298
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eBay Huckster View Post
    ...why does every god damned position in every sector demand you have 1 year of experience at the goddamn entry level
    Yes!!! This is my current problem! I just graduated university (DONNNNNEEEEEEE) but man, the job hunt is irritating. Entry level positions require 1 year experience, junior level positions ask for 1-3years..... what????? so where are the pre-entry levels or whatever?

  24. #9299
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    AP scores are out, and I'm proud to say I got 5's in Gov and Lang, a 4 in Stats, and a 3 in AP Studio Art Drawing(considering I didn't care about that class at all, this is good haha)!! My friend and I were freaking out!! Now I'm waiting on everyone else to wake up...
    To be honest, if I get anything above a 3 in Chemistry, I'm going to freak out. Gov and Stats were a joke, so I'm hoping for a 5 in both, and AP Lit can get me out of three English classes at university if I get a 5, but I'm probably ending up with a 4 at best. MicroEcon was weird. I took that 1st semester, so even though I knew what was being asked, I'm not exactly sure if I'll get the 5 I hope I get. Not like it matters since I'm already in college, but anyway, I have to wait until Sunday for my scores. :/
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  25. #9300
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    the exact middle of America
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Being in a small school has its upsides. I will be graduating next year with a class of 34. We, as of now, have two people tied for valedictorian (me and one other guy) both with 4.0s. We have no weighted classes. This other guy and I seem to tie on every standardized test. We both got a 176 on the PSAT. We both got a 32 on the ACT. We also had to take state science assessments and both averaged a 95.

    I am taking some of the hardest classes our school has to offer, although we offer barely any classes. I am taking Calc, Chem 2, A&P, Government, Computer Apps, our senior English class, a foods class, and our select vocal class. This year our select vocal class is going on tour to Branson, MO.

    The only inherent problems I see with my small school is that we cannot offer many classes and some of the classes need to be dumbed down.
    if youve never heard of lebanon kansas learn the name

    HG FC- 0261 1686 4446

    Black FC- 0518 7584 9410

    Gen VI FC: 1049-0257-8808

    Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?



    Clickee for me?

Page 372 of 444 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •