Page 376 of 446 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,400 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

I'm starting to look foward to going back to school. There's about a month left of my summer vacation.

K-12 schools started back today. It's so nice having the house to myself for a couple of weeks until I go back to college.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Man, my tennis school stuff ends tomorrow which only means one thing... school is afoot. I'm not happy about this.

Thank you based Turpoo

i'm excited for school to start. i can't wait for some human interaction.
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

I still have until the 25th before I even move in to my room. Classes don't start until the 29th, so I have time before school starts.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Just started my summer reading, gotta start my essay.

Anyone read The Feed by M.T. Anderson? It's pretty weird

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    K-12 schools started back today. It's so nice having the house to myself for a couple of weeks until I go back to college.
    On a Thursday? That seems awfully odd.

I'm not too excited about starting school on the 19th. It's probably just because I didn't really get to do much this summer. For one, I procrastinated on the Pokémon story that I've always wanted to start writing, and now I won't be able to write it with the couple hours of homework I'll have to start doing every night again...

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post

I'm not too excited about starting school on the 19th. It's probably just because I didn't really get to do much this summer. For one, I procrastinated on the Pokémon story that I've always wanted to start writing, and now I won't be able to write it with the couple hours of homework I'll have to start doing every night again...
    I actually start on a Thursday as well, the 29th. Maybe it's a college thing? I actually did start on a Tuesday one year as well during high school, but it still is weird.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Skies View Post

Yeah it's stupid, they've even started on a ****ing Friday in the past. It's because they can't start back too early (like this past Monday for instance) and then this coming Monday would be too late. Also it depends on how late the year ends too. If it ends early, it'll start back early. If it ends late, it'll start back late.

And gustavo I'm not talking about college. Regular school. Kindergarten through 12th grade. County schools. Anyway, lot of colleges start their MWF classes on either Friday or Monday. But I've never started my TTH classes on a Thursday before.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Yeah it's stupid, they've even started on a ****ing Friday in the past.

And gustavo I'm not talking about college. Regular school. Kindergarten through 12th grade. County schools. Anyway, lot of colleges start their MWF classes on either Friday or Monday. But I've never started my TTH classes on a Thursday before.
    Oh, really? Then I guess my college is the weird one. I don't mind the odd start, though, since I only have one class on Friday anyway.

You know you're going back to school in three days when you stay up until midnight to work on your Calculus prep worksheets. I'm taking AP Physics B this year, but I can't believe how much more worried I am about Calc than Physics!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Going to start writing my 4,000 word essay now >.<

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Going to start writing my 4,000 word essay now >.<
    good luck!

I officially start back on the 26th, but I have already started to read and take notes from my books to get ahead of it all.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Move-in for me is Sept. 18, but I'm helping out with Orientation so I have to be early to get trained and stuff. Actual school starts Sept. 30. I'm pretty sure we start bizarrely late even for a quarter system college.

I can't wait to get back so I can be away from my parents. And my friends and I are thinking of actually being productive this year and not staying up until 2-3 am every night? I have to practice saying "no" to those types of things... I discovered LeechBlock at the very end of the year last year, too, so that'll help immensely with working instead of procrastinating! I'm planning on having it set for two hours of leeching every day. That won't help with being distracted by people in the lounge, but it will help with me being shut in my room all day watching YouTube videos.

Pokemon White friend code: 0648 2224 4895
    Pokemon White 2 friend code: 1550 3078 1849

"One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties.
    Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
    Goodbye Susan. Goodbye my dear."
    -The First Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Thecatteam View Post
    Move-in for me is Sept. 18, but I'm helping out with Orientation so I have to be early to get trained and stuff. Actual school starts Sept. 30. I'm pretty sure we start bizarrely late even for a quarter system college.
    Well, you're not alone, that's for sure. In the University of California system, 7 of 9 campuses begin their term in late September, specifically on the 23rd. Mine is one of the 2 weird ones starting in late August, my move-in being on August 25th.

3 days left, and I really don't want to go back...
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

I actually don't remember when school starts for me, but I'm surprisingly excited! Going into Grade 10 but we don't know what classes we get into until the first day, which sucks We can change our fluff courses in Student Services, but it's best to do it ASAP. I waited until last minuted to get our of Drama class, but there were no other Art classes with open spots. (Gr. 9 Arts is a mandatory credit, you choose from Visual Arts, Music, Drama, and Native Arts.)

frozen inside without your touch
    without your love, darling
    only you are the life among the dead
    -
    tumblr - gwsc - sprites - song

I got my schedule by email today. I don't really rememberall of it currently, but I think the first part of my day is going to be tough. Periods 1-3 are Alg 2/Trig, Global History, and English, all core classes, and all honors classes. I have a study hall towards the end of the day, which will be good for homework, and the last period is Chemistry Honors. From what I've heard, Chemistry is hard. That's going to stink at the end of the day, because then all of my concentration will be gone! Anyway, I still haven't started my readings yet, so I'll hopefully start them tomorrow...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    I got my schedule by email today. I don't really rememberall of it currently, but I think the first part of my day is going to be tough. Periods 1-3 are Alg 2/Trig, Global History, and English, all core classes, and all honors classes. I have a study hall towards the end of the day, which will be good for homework, and the last period is Chemistry Honors. From what I've heard, Chemistry is hard. That's going to stink at the end of the day, because then all of my concentration will be gone! Anyway, I still haven't started my readings yet, so I'll hopefully start them tomorrow...
    I've always wondered what it would be like to have the same classes every single day. Over here we get a different timetable for every day for a whole week or sometimes two.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I feel your subject dude.XD.I remember taking the same thing last year. I'm still sticking with chemistry since it's my course. Yes, it is hard but somewhat,, if you get used to it, things are trying to get better. It still depends on the person though. Good luck anyways
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    I've always wondered what it would be like to have the same classes every single day. Over here we get a different timetable for every day for a whole week or sometimes two.
    It's all right. And some of my classes alternate every other day, so my schedule isn't always the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashist_Wilketch View Post
    I feel your subject dude.XD.I remember taking the same thing last year. I'm still sticking with chemistry since it's my course. Yes, it is hard but somewhat,, if you get used to it, things are trying to get better. It still depends on the person though. Good luck anyways
    Yeah I'm a little scared of Chem, but I do like the subject, so I'll hopefully get over it eventually.
    Pokégyms

It's all right. And some of my classes alternate every other day, so my schedule isn't always the same.
    Same here! I have an A/B schedule, so one day I'll have four classes; the next day will be the other half of my classes. I essentially never have the same class two days in a row. We used to have C days, when we would go to all eight classes in one day, which was miserable! Now we just alternate ABABA and BABAB each week.

Yeah I'm a little scared of Chem, but I do like the subject, so I'll hopefully get over it eventually.
    Oh, don't be! I loved Chem! It was one of my favorite classes. What you should be scared of is Physics, but that's not so bad, either.

School is back tomorrow, and I have two quizzes first thing in the morning. I've studied for one and for the other only half of what I need to. On the upside, I have all of my summer reading done, so it's not all bad.
    -Naminé

*COMPLETE*

Ugh, just by posting this, i'm procrastinating on my Pre-Calc. I should probably start finishing conics.

Thank you based Turpoo

I'm looking forward to going back to school (got three more weeks, and it feels like I'm going back tomorrow, to be honest), but I still have so much work to get through! I'm planning to do all my reading when I'm away on holiday, because then I won't have access to a computer to do my essay or revise Biology etc.

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Manafi's Dream View Post
    Same here! I have an A/B schedule, so one day I'll have four classes; the next day will be the other half of my classes. I essentially never have the same class two days in a row. We used to have C days, when we would go to all eight classes in one day, which was miserable! Now we just alternate ABABA and BABAB each week.

Oh, don't be! I loved Chem! It was one of my favorite classes. What you should be scared of is Physics, but that's not so bad, either.
    My school has A, B, C, D, E, and F days. It's mainly beacuse my state requires some amount of lab hours for Bio, Earth Science, Chem and I think Physics, so we get a double period of science two out of those six days, and by June, we have just enough lab hours. The schedule is really complicated, but its the only way to go. As for Chem, I'm sure I'll love it too, but right now I'm just a little worried. And I don't want to worry about Physics until next year!
    Pokégyms

Page 376 of 446 FirstFirst ... 276326366372373374375376377378379380386426 ... LastLast