Page 377 of 446 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 11142

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    My school has A, B, C, D, E, and F days. It's mainly beacuse my state requires some amount of lab hours for Bio, Earth Science, Chem and I think Physics, so we get a double period of science two out of those six days, and by June, we have just enough lab hours. The schedule is really complicated, but its the only way to go. As for Chem, I'm sure I'll love it too, but right now I'm just a little worried. And I don't want to worry about Physics until next year!
    That is one very strange schedule! Thank goodness I only have two days to worry about...

My first day was surprisingly amazing! I even got to see some of my best friends after school. We were all shopping for art supplies, and I got to pretend to be the parent, because I had already bought the things they were shopping for three years ago. Physics was not so bad; it was basically a review of what I learned last year today, but the practice questions my teacher assigned for homework were definitely a lot more challenging than I'm used to. Hopefully, I'll adjust. Meanwhile, I'm loving Computer Science and Calculus!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Over halfway through my extended essay now! Ready to power on for the next two hours and then take some time off

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

My books did just arrive ;_;
    Well school next week here in the Netherlands ;_;
    *cries in a corner*
    Les sppf and pokemon and metin2 ;_;

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

Got out of class early since we were just looking over final projects, and it was just the four of us. It's an audio class that I had fun being in (though I don't remember the name, the class portal won't open up >_<). We got to replace an entire clip's audio track, like everything from dialogue to music to walking. (So yeah, we did foley.) The classroom was in an audio studio complete with control panel that I got to watch being built over a course of several months, and the place is amazing to be in. It really sheds some light on behind-the-scenes look when it comes to audio in film-making or even music recording. Sadly, this is the last audio class we have (since we're not majoring in audio), but I guess we can still go into the control room and record stuff if we need to, and I felt my teacher here taught much better than he last did when I had him back in 2011.

So yeah. Got one more class this week, HDTV Editing (I need to do that take-home final...), and then I'm on my needed two-week break. It was a bit of a stressful term this time around, so I'm always looking forward to the end of ten weeks. I just hope I did well this term.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I'm dreading the beginning of school.

As soon as the year starts, I have to begin a family bio project, which extends throughout the year. It may only be a 11th grade project, but it's still gonna be a huge bother.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Well, my French IV class ended up being essentially an independent studies class... There are literally eight of us, but the two Juniors don't want to sit with us. The majority of the class is French III, so my teacher has to teach to them inside the classroom; meanwhile, the eight of us are going to be sent to the library for the next year everyday we go to the class. The librarians didn't even know about the setup, so they weren't very happy... On the upside, I have the class with people I love to be around, and, even though it doesn't look like we're going to be very productive, I can already tell I'm going to be able to make the best of the situation.
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

AS results day tomorrow. For once I'm actually feeling quietly confident as opposed to the nerve-shattering dread which I felt when I got my GCSE results last year. I can attribute that to the fact that I know I've done badly this year, whereas last year it was sort of a toss-up on the brink of scraping passes and outright failing. All I'm hoping is an average of Cs, and I think I should be alright. Well, I'll be able to take my A2s next year, at least. Whatever the hell happens after that, I have not the faintest idea...
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I finally received the bill for my Tuition and fees for this semester and I was surprised that it wasn't as much as I expected, but I also haven't bought any books so there is that cost to look foward to
    II

A fantastic battle royale between 12 pokemon!
    Will you be the next Ultimate Rumbler?!?!

i was able to find all my books for free through other means for the semester. and i get to use the same clicker that two of my previous classes used. my wallet weeps with joy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Over halfway through my extended essay now! Ready to power on for the next two hours and then take some time off
    oh, ib...not a single person who graduated with that diploma is doing any better than anyone else right now. the two major universities in my state aren't very ib-friendly. wish i knew that before i bothered with the program.
    Last edited by Prelude; 14th August 2013 at 10:33 AM.

It seems that our midterm is almost every day of this week.. I'm cramming to the highest level. I got lots of things to understand and memorize.. I even more concern about my Major. *sighs*
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Well, looks like the only thing I need to get done before college is order books. My schedule consists of Math (4 unit Pre-calculus, because even basic Calculus is insanely hardcore here), Intro to Physics (3 unit), a Chem seminar (1 unit), English class on rhetoric (4 unit), and an extra fun class on Pokemon (1 unit). Of those, I only need two books, for Math and Physics, though I'll wait a little, just in case another class changes their mind and says we need a book. Either way, I move in on the 25th, so I may have to act quickly.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Ugh... time to buy books. Luckily I got one for free from my professor (his wife is my cousin lol), another that I used last semester is being used this semester as well, and I can trade my macroeconomics book for a microeconomics book. That leaves 2 books for me to buy. Business Calculus and Legal Environment.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Ugh, tomorrow's my first day of high school. I'm so nervous and excited!! I still need to pick up some books, since the only one I have is AP Human Geography.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    ...and an extra fun class on Pokemon (1 unit).
    They have those in college?! What do you do in it, just learn like type effectiveness and EVs?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    They have those in college?! What do you do in it, just learn like type effectiveness and EVs?
    My college is weird, and has a ton of student-led classes for actual credit (rarely more than 2 units). I'll just have the link to the class description here. There are many other courses as well, including ones on League of Legends, MLP, Archery and video games in general.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    My college is weird, and has a ton of student-led classes for actual credit (rarely more than 2 units). I'll just have the link to the class description here. There are many other courses as well, including ones on League of Legends, MLP, Archery and video games in general.
    That's really cool, I remember going to a tour at UCLA last year because my sister was searching for colleges, and I remember hearing that they had a class on the Na'avi language from the movie Avatar, though I had no idea those classes existed!

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Ugh, tomorrow's my first day of high school. I'm so nervous and excited!! I still need to pick up some books, since the only one I have is AP Human Geography.
    You're going to get bullied and have a miserable time. Good luck

Just kidding. Actually I have no idea. That's just what everybody told me, and it turned out to be fine. The best thing to do, is find a senior that you know, or befriend one. They'll have your back just in case.

Well today was the first day of 12th grade senior year. How was it you may be asking?
    Orientations
    Orientations
    Orientations
    Oh look Finacial Algebra I may not have to (gives 5 minute lecture) vocab.
    Still better than having to do math.
    Is it me or do Highschool Freshman seem to be getting younger everyday?
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Well today was the first day of 12th grade senior year. How was it you may be asking?
    Orientations
    Orientations
    Orientations
    Oh look Finacial Algebra I may not have to (gives 5 minute lecture) vocab.
    Still better than having to do math.
    Is it me or do Highschool Freshman seem to be getting younger everyday?
    Yes. Everybody seems to get younger as you get older. A friend of mine has a kid going into 7th grade and I swear the kid looks like he's only 8 years old.

Finally popping into this thread, since I've seen it a few times now. I'm just wondering if anyone else here bothers with cooking things in college? I'll be living in a dorm this year (spent the last two years at Community College) and although I like to cook nice, cheap meals occasionally, I'm not sure I'll have the time nor resources. I suspect the dorm kitchen will be in use every time I'd want to use it.

Image drawn by me~

So relieved because it looks like I'm off to uni next year - a* and two a's *****es
    Running for the thrill of it

Got my results, very mixed bag. A in Sociology, B in English and C in Psychology.

I'm surprised I did as badly as I did in Psychology, seeing as how confident I felt after the exam that I'd bagged at least a B. The biggest surprise by far was that I got 120 marks in the Unit 2 Sociology - I'll have to check but I'm pretty certain that that's 100%, which is pretty much unheard of as far as I'm aware (paper says 120 marks even though the exam was out of 90?). I'm actually not happy that I got the A in Sociology, because that means I'm pretty much obligated to take it onto to year 13 and drop Psych... even though I detest Sociology with a passion.

Well, I suppose I should be glad I passed, at least.
    Last edited by Poetry; 15th August 2013 at 5:38 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Well, apparently I got an award for my AP tests. AP Scholar with Distinction, which would be cooler if I didn't already have it last year. As in, before I applied for college. Though when you have 10 AP tests under your belt, having an average of at least 3.5 isn't that surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    I'm surprised I did as badly as I did in Psychology, seeing as how confident I felt after the exam that I'd bagged at least a B. The biggest surprise by far was that I got 120 marks in the Unit 2 Sociology - I'll have to check but I'm pretty certain that that's 100%, which is pretty much unheard of as far as I'm aware (paper says 120 marks even though the exam was out of 90?).
    Yeah that's the way they convert raw marks to UMS. Congrats though for getting 100% in sociology - that's a very good set of results!

Don't worry too much about Psychology. Usually people actually do a little worse in their AS exams for some reason, or at least that's what I found, because my year group had a great success rate with our A2 exams. You can always resit that Psychology. I remember last year I practically got a D in an exam but I persevered and it paid off in the end so just remember this is just the start, no need to be disappointed.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Yeah that's the way they convert raw marks to UMS. Congrats though for getting 100% in sociology - that's a very good set of results!
    Cheers, it's appreciated. Yeah, I thought it had something to do with the UMS system; Sociology was such a surprise anyway, because I'd been slacking on the essay questions all year, and to get full marks on both the education and research methods sections was a huge, huge improvement.

EDIT: Just went on the AQA website, turns out there was a bit of confusion on my part concerning the UMS system. Turns out that with that particular Sociology module, from 71-90 in raw marks, there's a cap in UMS, so anything in that bracket is automatically given 120 UMS points. So that means that I didn't technically get 100%, just got anything between 71-90 in the exam but that still counts as the top boundary in comparison to other exams. Yippee.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    Don't worry too much about Psychology. Usually people actually do a little worse in their AS exams for some reason, or at least that's what I found, because my year group had a great success rate with our A2 exams. You can always resit that Psychology. I remember last year I practically got a D in an exam but I persevered and it paid off in the end so just remember this is just the start, no need to be disappointed.
    Yes, I did find that while a lot of the A2 results were successful, there were an awful lot of U and E grades in AS, especially in Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I don't think I'll be retaking Psychology though, I want to focus on nailing my art coursework for one thing, and also getting good grades in English and Sociology to set me in good stead for uni.
    Last edited by Poetry; 15th August 2013 at 9:03 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Page 377 of 446 FirstFirst ... 277327367373374375376377378379380381387427 ... LastLast