Page 387 of 446 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437 ... LastLast
Results 9,651 to 9,675 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Well, i definitely underestimated my History class and it's worth. Looks like I'll be taking better notes.

Thank you based Turpoo

Physics, I was amazing at this in high school, so why am I sucking in an introductory-level course?
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Physics, I was amazing at this in high school, so why am I sucking in an introductory-level course?
    What was the first lesson about? Was it AP or just regular Physics?

Finished up learning the basics of matLAB - dealt with plotting graphs, charts and 3D meshes. Now we just moved on over to mathCAD. Fun stuff.... but it's funny where we go from doing basic alegbra as examples to get a "feel for the program," so to speak and jump straight into Quadratics and unit conversions (eg: Liters*atm to joules or poise to lb/ft. seconds) lol -.-
    Pokemon White Version:
    Pokemon Black Version:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    As a graduation requirement, my high school requires us to take either physics or chemistry at some point in the year. I don't know which one I will take, my sister took chemistry but I'm really interested in physics, though I have a feeling it may be difficult. Thoughts?

:::

Today was a boring day. I had to catch up on some things because I was gone on Monday. The most interesting thing that happened today was that in English we had a lecture and a PowerPoint on the word "ghetto," since it's misused A LOT today, and the play that we are reading (A Raisin in the Sun) somehow connects to the real definition of ghetto, "a densely populated area occupied by a 'minority' as a result of economic/racial pressures."

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Okay, things are already not going well in this year. I've been trying to do this Literature homework, but I don't think I'll be able to do it. I need to write a 200-word text on what makes a good book for me. Thing is, I already have a hard time stretching anything I write to 100 words, having to stretch twice as much is downright impossible for me. I seriously hope I won't have to do stuff like this all year long. If so, I'm pretty screwed.
    Last edited by Josef Stylin; 25th September 2013 at 5:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid View Post
    Well, things could be going better right now. I've been trying to do this Literature homework, but I don't think I'll be able to do it. I need to write a 200-word text on what makes a good book for me. Thing is, I already have a hard time stretching anything I write to 100 words, having to stretch twice as much is downright impossible for me. I seriously hope I won't have to do stuff like this all year long. If so, I'm pretty screwed.
    Only 200 words? What kind of class is that... I have to write at least 2 pages XD

As for me... have an Art History test I should be studying for... >_<
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Only 200 words? What kind of class is that... I have to write at least 2 pages XD
    Lol, I probably wouldn't be able to do shit in college just because of assignments like that. Writing one page alone would be hell on earth. :P

My teacher decided to tell us that there was a test today. It's actually next week :P
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullkid View Post
    Lol, I probably wouldn't be able to do shit in college just because of assignments like that. Writing one page alone would be hell on earth. :P
    It is. I hate Rhetoric more than I did when I started college a month ago. The worst part is, a two page essay is the shortest we'll be writing. My final essay will need to be 6-7 pages. Once I'm done with these two English courses, I'll be glad to be done with essay writing.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Meh, not going to repeat my C3 and C4 exams this term. =/

So far I havent had problems with the complexity of my school work. Instead I just have a huge workload. Cant complain too much though; some of my friends have the worst of both worlds.
    I have:
    Platinum
    Heartgold
    White
    Black
    Rumble Blast
    White 2

I used to liek mudkipz, then I took an arrow in the knee. However the arrow turned out to be a seaking. It yelled "F*** yeah" so I screamed "FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!". The seaking's face became that of a troll while mine became forever alone. The situation was super effective.

How much hours do you guys get a night ? Me - Some days could be just one hour and others it'll take me over 5 which has been the case lately. However, im a big procrastinator which is what im doing now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    As a graduation requirement, my high school requires us to take either physics or chemistry at some point in the year. I don't know which one I will take, my sister took chemistry but I'm really interested in physics, though I have a feeling it may be difficult. Thoughts?
    Pursue what interests you most... either one will make their college-level counterparts a bit easier. Personally, my brain is shifted towards chemistry, however if you think conceptional math might be easy or exciting for you, physics would be best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamran11 View Post
    Yeah, your right im probably just too caught up worrying about it. Thanks for the advice bro.
    Not a problem, guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamran11 View Post
    How much hours do you guys get a night ? Me - Some days could be just one hour and others it'll take me over 5 which has been the case lately. However, im a big procrastinator which is what im doing now lol
    Hmmm this question is geared towards a high school audience, but eh -- as a college student, my time is largely consumed by school-related stuff, from attending discussions, personal study, actively working on assignments, or doing intern work.

1779 1165 5016

Does anyone here actually study and revise daily? Or do we all cram the night before an exam? ^^"

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Quote Originally Posted by flawlessazn View Post
    Does anyone here actually study and revise daily? Or do we all cram the night before an exam? ^^"
    I study over a few days before an exam. Final Exams at least.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

Buh, Uni is kind of a pain.
    It's like, socially required to drink alcohol to make any friends.

Damn, Algebra 1 is starting to get to my brain. I've read through a bunch of my 923 page textbook and I'm still having trouble understanding. If anyone else is enrolled in this course, goodluck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by FancySharkette View Post
    Buh, Uni is kind of a pain.
    It's like, socially required to drink alcohol to make any friends.
    Aw, I wouldn't say that. I refuse to drink any sort of alcohol, and I'm decent friend with some my dorm's floor mates. Then there's always clubs around too. I'm in my college's Pokemon Club, so there's got to be other ways to make friends there.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdrapion View Post
    Damn, Algebra 1 is starting to get to my brain. I've read through a bunch of my 923 page textbook and I'm still having trouble understanding. If anyone else is enrolled in this course, goodluck to you.
    Wait, Algebra 1? As in the class you take before Geometry? Or something else?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I joined the anime club, but since I live pretty far from campus,
    I can't stay for as long as I like.
    Pretty annoying >.<

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Aw, I wouldn't say that. I refuse to drink any sort of alcohol, and I'm decent friend with some my dorm's floor mates. Then there's always clubs around too. I'm in my college's Pokemon Club, so there's got to be other ways to make friends there.

Wait, Algebra 1? As in the class you take before Geometry? Or something else?

Yeah but the difference is I'm taking it in junior high..

Quote Originally Posted by FancySharkette View Post
    I joined the anime club, but since I live pretty far from campus,
    I can't stay for as long as I like.
    Pretty annoying >.<
    Living off-campus is pretty detrimental to your social life in college, especially your freshman year. That's why most colleges require freshmen to live on campus, because it's a LOT harder to make friends and go to activities without living on campus, since most activities are later at night after classes end. You also lose out on having a roommate and bonding with your hallmates. It's almost impossible to not make friends when you live in a dorm or in closed quarters like that. But you can still make lots of friends even if you do live off-campus, so don't worry! It's good that you joined a club - clubs are some of the best ways in college to find people with similar interests as you.

If it makes you feel better, I entered college at 18 and didn't start drinking until I was 21 (because I live in the United States and 21 is the drinking age here), and I made tons of friends in college. I also had lots of friends who either drank very rarely or not at all, and I went to a small college (~2000 students). So I promise you that at a big Uni, there are people who don't drink.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Living off-campus is pretty detrimental to your social life in college, especially your freshman year. That's why most colleges require freshmen to live on campus, because it's a LOT harder to make friends and go to activities without living on campus, since most activities are later at night after classes end. You also lose out on having a roommate and bonding with your hallmates. It's almost impossible to not make friends when you live in a dorm or in closed quarters like that. But you can still make lots of friends even if you do live off-campus, so don't worry! It's good that you joined a club - clubs are some of the best ways in college to find people with similar interests as you.

If it makes you feel better, I entered college at 18 and didn't start drinking until I was 21 (because I live in the United States and 21 is the drinking age here), and I made tons of friends in college. I also had lots of friends who either drank very rarely or not at all, and I went to a small college (~2000 students). So I promise you that at a big Uni, there are people who don't drink.
    I live in australia.
    Gaming and anime aren't that big around this area, but I still manage to get
    3ds pings for animal crossing.
    I'm 25 and I don't plan on drinking, but it's getting a bit lonely.
    On the bright side! There's no drama to deal with.

Yeah but the difference is I'm taking it in junior high..
    Hm, okay, that makes more sense then. I have no idea what Algebra 1 is like for you, but I had a terrible teacher. I'm probably the worst person to ask about how difficult math classes are, but if you can get through that and still don't like it, Geometry should be much better. The way I'd look at it is, if you're taking it early in junior high, then you're smart enough to at least endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Hm, okay, that makes more sense then. I have no idea what Algebra 1 is like for you, but I had a terrible teacher. I'm probably the worst person to ask about how difficult math classes are, but if you can get through that and still don't like it, Geometry should be much better. The way I'd look at it is, if you're taking it early in junior high, then you're smart enough to at least endure it.
    Well that's good to hear, I'll just have to study hard for the rest of the year. I'm looking forward to geometry, it should give my brain a little more of a rest, seeing as though I'm much worse at algebra.

Well that's good to hear, I'll just have to study hard for the rest of the year. I'm looking forward to geometry, it should give my brain a little more of a rest, seeing as though I'm much worse at algebra.
    Yeah, Geometry is a lot less focused on algebraic calculations, and the fact that it's easily applicable to real life makes it stand out. I still find it odd that you take Geometry in between Algebra 1 and 2, but it's a nice break from algebra. I'm much more of an Algebra and Calculus guy myself, so I can't say I enjoyed it more than Algebra 2, but as a general statement, teachers say people who dislike Algebra 1 like Geometry, and vice versa. Whether or not that's actually true varies from person to person, but that's something to look forward to.

Page 387 of 446 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437 ... LastLast