Page 391 of 442 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441 ... LastLast
Results 9,751 to 9,775 of 11044

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Man...I piss my self off every time I put off my homework till the last day. I didn't turn in this quarter's GeoGebra lab. I'm gonna be bummed all weekend. Plus, next week, more exams. BS. What do you people do to get yourself to do homework on time? I need to change my habits.
    LOOKING FOR ITEMS? I GOT YOU COVERED
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

I HAVE CLAIMED BAHAMUT, KING OF SUMMONS
    FC 1550 8079 7411

Quote Originally Posted by dragon8907master View Post
    Man...I piss my self off every time I put off my homework till the last day. I didn't turn in this quarter's GeoGebra lab. I'm gonna be bummed all weekend. Plus, next week, more exams. BS. What do you people do to get yourself to do homework on time? I need to change my habits.
    Set time aside, and if you don't have one, get a diary to write all your homework in and when it's due. In my school, they give you one, but I'm not sure how it is elsewhere...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Set time aside, and if you don't have one, get a diary to write all your homework in and when it's due. In my school, they give you one, but I'm not sure how it is elsewhere...
    Oh, yeah an agenda. When I was in the US, we used to get them every year for free, even at my community college. But you don't get them down here, unless you go to a fancy school. I tried finding one, but the Office Depot down here doesn't sell them either. I guess a regular small sized notebook will have to do. I shall take your advise and get organized.
    LOOKING FOR ITEMS? I GOT YOU COVERED
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

I HAVE CLAIMED BAHAMUT, KING OF SUMMONS
    FC 1550 8079 7411

I was gonna do homework this morning but i clearly spent hours looking at pokemon, and even watchd the youtube episode of charizard vs dragonite

Quote Originally Posted by scizor lover View Post
    I need to finish a history project and study for history and biotech tests for tomorrow uggh
    holy ****, you're in biotech major also? It's gonna be weird if we're in same uni, but normal if we're not xD
    Last edited by Kacho; 13th October 2013 at 1:34 AM.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

So recently, I overheard someone at a campus I was visiting mentioning he forgot all about his midterm that was due on the exact time of release of Pokémon X/Y...and had to drop his class as a result. Don't know what class was it, but not my business to know. I was only passing by.

Avid fans at its finest. I only came there to drop belongings off to a friend that attends there.

But to that person, seriously - be realistic.

I feel like I'm the only one in my school not getting Pokemon X/Y already :/
    Out of those of us who likes Pokemon, of course

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Unfortunately I'm the same. But with the workload I have, I guess it might not be as much of a bad thing. And on that note, I'm really starting to hate Maths. Having a horrible teacher doesn't help.

It's the opposite for me. I'm the only one who already had a 3DS and now I have the game.
    Latest Shiny!

Chain fish in Cyllage City in Pokemon X!

3DS FC: 4682 - 8902 - 8849
    PM me if you decide to add me. Psychic Friend Safari with Xatu, Munna and Espurr.

I'm technically retired from the Pokémon games, but then again...I could honestly care less about release dates. Nobody would bite if you get the games later on anyway (goes towards other hyped games, too), but I'd rather be productive instead. I do make games as a hobby, however...though I have no intentions to profit from this at the moment.

Same here lol. Some of the people I talk to at college about Pokemon are probably playing the games right now while I have to wait for a few more days.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Really want the games, but know i'll be addcited, so i will wait until Nov 15th when my last exam is over ...

" You called me out upon the waters
    The great unknown, Where feet may fail
    And there I find You in the mystery
    In oceans deep, my Faith will stand ..."

Pokemon Y can be added to my list of procrastinations. I gotta be careful about that. then again, in one weekend I played 3 hours and made it to route 2 while friends are on their way to the Pokémon league (bullkid knows what I mean)

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I am on midsemester break now, and have homework in every class. Lovely.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Pokemon Y can be added to my list of procrastinations. I gotta be careful about that.
    I second this. Just got the game yesterday and the hours are flying by. Time management skills need to be revived. I'm glad I have no exams any time soon.

I've come up with a routine to help myself deal with my new arduous term, and it's surprisingly working. I'm taking short five-minute breaks (in fact I'm taking the time from a break to write this!) every single time I finish an assignment. Granted, it isn't the best method, but it's given me less stress than procrastination. I've also taken to just playing X and Y before school and the way home from school, which gives me at least 30 minutes of "playtime" each day. I'm still a freshman though, so it isn't as difficult compared to you guys. My most difficult class is AP Human Geography, though it's pretty fun, I'm learning about so many interesting topics!
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I don't have Pokemon XY (or even 3DS) but I just feel so unmotivated and down lately.

Im gonna try to get with my university's psych center, ugh.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I was supposed to have done a (seven-page) research paper for anthropology, but I never did it, and it's due today, along with presentations. Eff it, I'll take zero for the 250 points I'm going to miss out, even if it means getting yelled at by my parents (whom are also pushing me to apply for an internship even though I need to have samples of animated graphics to send of which I have nothing). I turn everything else in otherwise in that class, and if I get a good score on my final in a few weeks, I'll be able to pass with probably a C.

I seriously don't care anymore. I'm doing really well in my animation class, but the teacher's rather lax about everything, so that's why I'm doing well. In Visual FX, however, I barely scraped by with a D for midterm. Frigging hate that class... frigging hate everything...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

so I got a 56 in my Calc 3 midterm, and I almost cried from failing it. But then I learned the next day that a 56 is a C for this exam. Gotta love those college curves! But yeah, I'm not trying to get a C in my report card (med school won't give me more than a quick glance), so I have to fix that.

Credit to Brutaka

Hah, so my power decides to go out while I'm doing some of my online college work on their website. Now I got to start all over.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    so I got a 56 in my Calc 3 midterm, and I almost cried from failing it. But then I learned the next day that a 56 is a C for this exam. Gotta love those college curves! But yeah, I'm not trying to get a C in my report card (med school won't give me more than a quick glance), so I have to fix that.
    Which reminds me...I remember a classmate who failed all the midterms and the final and still passed with a B-. Not to forget to mention 51% is a C while a 45% is a C-. So literally, you'd have to get 60% for a B. If this is the case, then I guess the only thing one has to worry about in this teacher's class is to pass all the other assignments other than the midterm/final.

On midterms, I got a low C on my Physics midterm, but the way the grading scale works, that's actually a B. Kind sucks, but now I know going for a perfect GPA like in high school isn't exactly reasonable anymore. I'm still trying for as high as I can get, but I'm ready to accept a GPA below 4.0 if/when that happens. On the bright side, curves aside, I have a B- in my Calculus midterm, which is better than most. The curves won't even come in until the end of the semester, but I'm satisfied with how my Calculus grade is turning out, for now.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Alright, one more exam to go and I'm on break. Thankfully I do better in Probability than Physics (Hoping I got a B in that class, but I know I passed). After that, I just have to finish up a 3D modeling assignment and I am home FREE!
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Alright, one more exam to go and I'm on break. Thankfully I do better in Probability than Physics (Hoping I got a B in that class, but I know I passed). After that, I just have to finish up a 3D modeling assignment and I am home FREE!
    so you're saying the probability of doing better in probability than physics is probable...

Credit to Brutaka

I have today, tomorrow, and part of Sunday to get about 400 pages read and two short papers done, and then I go back to school. This has not been a good break.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Deadline for uni personal statements is next week, and I haven't even signed up to UCAS yet. As it now transpires that I probably won't be allowed to retake a year if I flunk my A2s, I really need to get a move on if there's any hope of me going to university at all.

Page 391 of 442 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441 ... LastLast