Page 394 of 446 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444 ... LastLast
Results 9,826 to 9,850 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

So I did something I never expected: I got 100 in a college exam. Granted it was General Chemistry, but it still beats the 69.5 average of this exam. Definitely on a good start to med school!

But things haven't been so perfect. I dropped Calc 3, meaning I don't have a major anymore, so I don't even know what I'm doing with that. And my social life is lacking. Sigh, that's life, I guess...

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Oh god, the half-term goes so quickly. Only two days left to finish the rest of my art coursework and english essays - which is difficult when you have absolutely no motivation to do anything apart from just lie on your bed, surf the web and stuff your face with chocolates. I have been making some progress with art I suppose, but the outlook isn't good. Frankly, when is it ever?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Pokemon X and Y, Emulator PC + 3ds roms Download from: http ://bit.ly/1hP0Ndl

Don't you guys hate when your teacher calls on you, and you don't have a clue what the answer is.

Feels bad man...

I graduate on Monday woooooo!

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love to link up with people!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    It's a whole new world we live in,
    It's a whole new way to see,
    It's a whole new place,
    With a brand new attitude
    But you still gotta catch 'em all
    And be the best that you can be!

I usually love school, except for yesterday and the day before and the day before and the day before....

I have to write an esaay for English tonight. I had two weeks to do it, and it was due Friday, but I didn't. I came up with some total bs excuse why I didn't do it. Now I really have to do this or I'll definitly get kicked out of honors. Its gonna take me like five hours... I don't wanna!!!!
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

The second sem. has finally started! It's my first day this second sem and everything start at Philosophy class. It was quite fun and the Prof. is quite enjoying. Gosh, I hate swimming classes to the fact that I don't know how to swim! Why chem? why do we need to take swimming in PE classes?
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

I'm currently working on a Persuasive essay on why the NCLB act should be repealed. However, I'm having trouble on finding sources arguing that it has flaws. :/
    A bit late to change the topic for my paper now.

On my final week of this term, and I'm just scrambling right now. In Anthropology, I think I can make it if I just turn everything in this week and get full points. (Lesson on Neanderthals was great today, I learned more about them than I have in the past. They're not savages or brutes as pop culture has made them out to be, they appeared to have been empathetic--reminds me of elephants in a way xD.) I'm probably fine in my 2D Animation class, just have to turn in my dialogue project whether it's fully complete or not (I'm purposefully over-looking the stop motion because I was so looking forward to it being a class project instead of individual >_>) as long as there's dialogue, and I'll be able to pass the class with no less than a C (I'll probably get a B though, which I'm fine with).

In Visual FX... I'm gonna end up winging it somehow for some points. I need to finish rotoscoping out something that I haaaaaaate doing (because I have no Rotobrush), and then I'm just going to do stuff elsewhere for the rest. It's more-or-less just a "Before and After" video anyway, so I don't have to show everything step-by-step, thank God. So hopefully I'll still be able to get enough points that'll keep me from failing the class.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

My essay woes ended after like 7 hours last night... Today, there's another challenge from school: One of those baby things. I took it home rather than do a poster on parenting, and I only have it for one night. It's going to be a long night; I heard that it cries a ton. It just turned on, too, so I'm expecting it to start soon.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

I've been suffering from a lot of anxiety and depression for a few weeks. Last time I went to school I wanted to die from the time I stepped in. Now I'm afraid I'll feel the same if I go back.

I haven't been to school in 2 and a half weeks...

Did I actually start a paper at 7 in the morning and finish it 4 hours later? Granted it's just a rough draft, but my starting process was much worse than before. I guess I really AM learning something from expository writing, aside from having learned that expository writing is the most annoying class ever.

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by JadelyJade View Post
    I've been suffering from a lot of anxiety and depression for a few weeks. Last time I went to school I wanted to die from the time I stepped in. Now I'm afraid I'll feel the same if I go back.

I really don't know how I can help you, but when I started high school a few months ago I was really anxious that I wouldn't make any friends and I was afraid of what people thought about me, but I managed to find a lot of help from other people through motivation videos I found online. Now, I don't know exactly what problems you're currently facing, but chances are it's temporary or fixable and isn't worth your life.

:::

Oh boy, this weekend was interesting.

I had to go to South California to visit my sister in college and we didn't drive home until Sunday. I knew I had enough time to study for my AP Human test and my Japanese standards exam so I didn't fret too much over it. Unfortunately on the way back our car broke down and we didn't get back until 10 o' clock at night, and I still had to work on an essay about the one-child policy. I was considering arriving to school late and making up the Japanese exam on Tuesday because it was my first class of the day, but I ended up going to school the whole day so I managed to take both tests. I think I did pretty well on the Japanese test but I think I did really bad with my AP Human test, ugh. I just hope I did well on my essay.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by JadelyJade View Post

You gotta just speak to somebody about that bro don't worry about what anybody else will think. Just tell whoever your the most comfortable with.

I have one of those lovely days this week where I have a test in all of my classes. Thursday. Yuck.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I have one of those lovely days this week where I have a test in all of my classes. Thursday. Yuck.
    Are you in high school ? If so they're not allowed to do that atleast in my area i believe

Quote Originally Posted by Kamran11 View Post
    Are you in high school ? If so they're not allowed to do that atleast in my area i believe
    College. Also my high school didn't have that law/rule/whatever.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Sweet, I got a 70 on the recent Physics exam that I basically jsut studied the formula sheet and what unit goes into the formula, and one old exam from another professor lol.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Just bombed an oral exam in my AP Spanish, i stuttered like a moron. The essay wasnt great either, I was forced to stop on my conclusion sentence.

3DS FC: 3067 - 5438 - 9132

Got an 85 on a psychology exam. Meanwhile, I have 4 papers to do before thanksgiving break. One's 8 pages, another is 14 pages, one is not very long but will be annoying to do, and the fourth one is for a PE class. And that doesn't include journalism stories I need to write frequently. I am not going to have a fun next few weeks.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

We started talking about endothermic and exothermic reactions in Chem today, which I've never learned before. If I didn't have something else to do, I would've paid attention. Well, time to study my butt off for the next exam.

Credit to Brutaka

I got an 85/90 on my last chem exam, which was way higher than I expected. Then I had a physics exam today, which was way easier than I expected. Now I just have to get through a chem lab exam tomorrow, which I'm not too worried about. I hope it goes as well as the other tests.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Ugh..... I am still thinking hard what to do for my Spring 14 and Fall 14 semester. I want to graduate early at Fall 14, but I still have a lot of classes to do if I am doing my minor. Did I mention that there's a possible class conflict for Fall 14? Hahahahaha.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I am now finished for the term. I won't get my grades until probably this evening or tomorrow morning, but I think I have passed my classes--one probably just barely. If I end up not passing Visual FX, I at least have a better excuse in that yes, I turned in all of my work, I just suck at it. But since I turned in all of my work in this class, I shouldn't fail it. So it should be my Anthropology I should be more worried about, but I think I did well enough on the final to help my grade.

Meanwhile, my grade in 2D animation will probably be a C since I didn't turn in my stop motion assignment (which I don't give a crap about to begin with, but I also have issues with my laptop not reading SD cards anymore), but I turned in everything else. So with that, I'm good, and I can finally relax for a week especially after my near-mental breakdown yesterday at realizing I was doing something very wrong for two weeks.

EDIT: Just checked the Portal, and though the grades haven't been fully submitted, looks like I passed Anthropology with a high D (had a C in midterm, so whatever). Seriously, if I end up failing Visual FX, it's really going to suck even though I did all of my damn work.

And the hell? My grade really did drop in 2D animation, but it's not a failing grade, so I don't care.

I seriously did have a stressful term this time...

EDIT AGAIN: Thank God, I passed the class (with a C!)! I can rest in peace for a week, now.
    Last edited by Kutie Pie; 7th November 2013 at 11:27 PM.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 394 of 446 FirstFirst ... 294344384390391392393394395396397398404444 ... LastLast