Page 396 of 446 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406 ... LastLast
Results 9,876 to 9,900 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    ...I've never been so pissed off that Thanksgiving exists.

Gonna have to take the GRE a week later than I wanted to because of it (and it's probably going to deny me funding for grad school that doesn't consist of loans and more loans)
    On the bright side, it's looking like I'll actually be done with my entire application aside from that well ahead of December 1.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bluueeyedrose View Post
    My professors were fantastic and gave me all my tests before the break, and NO additional work to do over the thanksgiving break. Can I just say I actually freaking love my professors and their consideration for themselves and their students! Heck yea!!!!
    I have 2 tests after the break and I hate that. What kinda college student studies for a test over holidays?
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I really hope playing Pokemon doesn't effect my grades, I should really study more but X & Y are so damned addictive! Does anybody have any tips to help myself to be more motivated to study?

Ken Sugimori Gen I/II art for Mega Charizard courtesy of http://tomycase.deviantart.com/

3DS Friendcode - 4038-6259-5615

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran-kun View Post
    I really hope playing Pokemon doesn't effect my grades, I should really study more but X & Y are so damned addictive! Does anybody have any tips to help myself to be more motivated to study?
    Limit your playtime. I've only played like 1 hour a day for the past week.

I'm a TA for Physics and in the lecture/lab today (this is Physics I), the other undergrad TA, the graduate TA and myself were all completely unprepared for today's lab activity so while we had all the answers, we couldn't explain how to do most of the problems. It was a funny sight though, we stand/sit in the front of the class waiting to go over to students who have questions except the other undergrad and the grad TA were focused on their iphones looking up how to do the problems while I was BSing solutions for all the students.....

I guess it's because I was the "runt" I'm a sophomore and the other undergrad TA is a senior and the grad is a Ph.D student.

just when i finally mastered enthalpy, I was given gas law problems for recitation. it's pretty embarrassing when you can't do the problems labeled "easy".

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran-kun View Post
    if you fail, your only options are to risk bad grades once you graduate, or taking time off until you slowly drift away from higher education and spend the rest of your life doing menial labor for low wages. the 3ds will be there during breaks... that's my advice anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I have 2 tests after the break and I hate that. What kinda college student studies for a test over holidays?
    my third chem exam is the wednesday following thanksgiving. they're ruining my life, i tell ya

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

The first part of one of my last non-exam tests today was a scantron. I was sooo tempted to just go:

...I only stopped myself because I knew that:

A.) I would seriously regret it.

B.) My mother would try to murder me in my sleep.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Master View Post
    The first part of one of my last non-exam tests today was a scantron. I was sooo tempted to just go:

...I only stopped myself because I knew that:

A.) I would seriously regret it.

B.) My mother would try to murder me in my sleep.
    lmao did you actually do that?

Credit to Brutaka

Finally, after the most busy and worst two weeks I have had in a very long time, all I have to do is an exam and I will be on Thanksgiving Break.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    lmao did you actually do that?
    I did in high school once, as a joke. My teacher thought it was hilarious and still passed me with a C on the test.

Even funnier was when I had to do an essay on The Good Earth in junior year of high school and had use a fortune cookie's fortune as my "topic". I decided to be a smart-aleck and print my essay in font small enough to fit inside a fortune cookie. Then I did just that, and handed it in. My teacher didn't know whether to laugh or try to throttle me.
    "I'm fighting because there's a battle to be fought, Archer. I'm fighting to win. That's all."
    "Hm. Alright, Rin. You are indeed my ideal Master. There is no one else I could hope to serve."

just submitted my application to Ohio State's John Glenn School of Public Affairs for the MPA in Public Policy and Management program! (submitted it this early so I'd still have a shot at GA/fellowship consideration)

by this time in 3 years I'll [probably] be more qualified to discuss policy on misc than everyone else combined
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

So, I woke up on this school-less Friday morning to the sound of a car crash. Lovely. I couldn't make anything out from up here on the 5th floor, but by the sounds of all the arguing, looks like it wasn't a fatal crash, thankfully. On an unrelated note, looks like there's supposed to be a bonfire on campus as per school tradition, since my college's football team plays against Stanford tomorrow with our 1-10 record, we're so screwed

just submitted my application to Ohio State's John Glenn School of Public Affairs for the MPA in Public Policy and Management program! (submitted it this early so I'd still have a shot at GA/fellowship consideration)

by this time in 3 years I'll [probably] be more qualified to discuss policy on misc than everyone else combined
    Good luck on getting accepted!

but is that not already true?
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

*high-five for Ohio colleges*

Man, I miss end-of-term pranking. At college, we don't get any of that.

I am SO happy Thankgiving Break is here. I'll have to do a make-up assignment and put together a PowerPoint presentation over break (and maybe one last lab report), but those are much less work than the formal lab report I just turned in.

Hard to believe in 2 weeks I'll be done with my Bachelor's. I'm not applying to grad school. I don't really know what exactly I want to do in the field of biology, and grad school + lack of direction + burnout from undergrad = Bad Idea.
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-1435-1920 (Andrea)
    Pokémon X Trainer Name: Andrea
    Native Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Feel free to PM/VM if you'd like to trade Vivillon patterns (accepting all).
    Please do not add me for Friend Safari as I'm focused on completing the storyline.

Got a conditional offer from one of my universities, and I'm going to an interview with another on Wednesday. The offer was from my first choice, so I'm pretty happy about that. All I need to do now is get the grades!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I attended what I thought was gonna be a stupid mandatory workshop, but it really opened my eyes to how I've been working this semester, and, well, it motivated me to end this semester on a great note. The road to med school has already started, folks.

I did in high school once, as a joke. My teacher thought it was hilarious and still passed me with a C on the test.

Even funnier was when I had to do an essay on The Good Earth in junior year of high school and had use a fortune cookie's fortune as my "topic". I decided to be a smart-aleck and print my essay in font small enough to fit inside a fortune cookie. Then I did just that, and handed it in. My teacher didn't know whether to laugh or try to throttle me.
    you're my hero

Credit to Brutaka

*high-five for Ohio colleges*

Man, I miss end-of-term pranking. At college, we don't get any of that.
    When I was in high school, the seniors parked in the staff parking lot AND blocked the student parking lot with the leftover cars so the staff couldn't park there either.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    When I was in high school, the seniors parked in the staff parking lot AND blocked the student parking lot with the leftover cars so the staff couldn't park there either.
    Oh that is classic. Never had too many car-related pranks, but I did help out with spelling "FU" with our cars in the parking lot for a senior prank. We also made forts of chairs and saran-wrap to block anybody from getting into the cafeteria. And that was only the tip of the iceberg. So much fun.

And yes, as you can probably tell, I was the king of pranks at my school. Even got mentioned as it in the yearbook.
    Last edited by Eon Master; 23rd November 2013 at 10:10 PM.

It's wednesday and I procrastinated this morning, and now I have assignments to do over the break. So close to end of school, and final weeks start next week. T_T

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

after today, I've just got one more day then 8 weeks of what I want to do (≧∇≦)

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Yep had a bad day at school yesterday. I ruined the school's desk with ink and I'm gonna get it from the vice principal today.

To my fellow Americans, have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy this time off, because it all starts again on Monday (for most of us, I'm assuming).

To everyone else... umm keep up the good work.

Credit to Brutaka

The best part about Thanksgiving holidays is that it means when we go back to college, there's just 1 week left before final exams.

Im a terrible forum member I almost never post.
    Anyway I will enjoy Thanksgiving I hope you all do a aswell.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Today my English teacher made the most amazing f*** up ever; he accidentally shut down the personal computers of everyone between grades 8-11 so the entire school(≧∇≦)

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

Page 396 of 446 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406 ... LastLast