Page 399 of 446 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409 ... LastLast
Results 9,951 to 9,975 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Finished the semester with five A's and one C.

Not bad.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    Physics final tomorrow morning and I still haven't studied yet lol.

Getting Pokerus on my Pokemon X was distracting last night
    I have one in a few days. I should be studying but instead I'm just watching stupid youtube videos. On the bright side, after that, I'll be done with everything for this semester. I think I'll do alright too, since we'll be getting much more time per question compared to midterms.

I'll update this sometime

I've just graduated. Starting to miss life as a student already. Hopefully I'll be back in school by next august.

FC is 4940-5550-1230

Last week... hopefully I can make it through.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I aced my final yesterday and went out with all my nursing friends to celebrate.

Graduation is Wednesday. I am done, you guys. =)

My break is until January 20th.... but now I've started studying for the MCAT (medical college admission test), aiming to take it next summer. Fortunately there is no writing section on it anymore but there is a lot of science material to cover.
    When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Queequeg View Post
    My break is until January 20th.... but now I've started studying for the MCAT (medical college admission test), aiming to take it next summer. Fortunately there is no writing section on it anymore but there is a lot of science material to cover.
    Well, I would hope there would be a lot of science on it... But good luck with your MCAT. When you start your residency, remember two things: 1. never underestimate the importance of bedside manner (a lot of docs, new and old, seem to forget this) and 2. If you treat your nurses with respect, you will get far because we are your most useful resource. =)

Finally done all of my exams and essays! I've managed to do decently in the math course I was stressing out about, and I'm quite sure I aced my last exam. I'm still not sure what to do next - I've already got a BA and am now just an independent student. Decisions!

It's finals week this week. This is not going to be fun.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I have biochemistry final Wednesday evening...going to start studying today. So much material it's unfathomable how the professors expect us to memorize all of this...
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

I am genuinely tired beyond belief from the amount of work I've been trying to keep up with in the recent weeks. I have mocks in January in preparation for the real thing in the summer, but I've still got to plough on continuously with my art stuff, which is all coursework. I know it's little respite due to all the revision we'll be expected to do, but I cannot wait for the Christmas holidays.

But even so I guess I don't have to push myself as hard as some of the other people in my year as all the unis I've applies to want BCC, that sort of range. Which is a depressing, as well as reassuring as usually I'd be wanting to aim high - but I've really no energy left to put the work in. Ugh.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Final grades are in- my current GPA is up to a 3.36 (sophomore). I bombed one class last year which tanked my GPA (retaking) but I'm slowly bringing it back up, aiming for a 3.6 by the end of junior year when I start applying to medical school. Normally, that isn't a bad GPA for an Engineering major, but for medical school you really need at least a 3.5-3.6 to be competitive
    When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.

Just finished my Law, Forensic, Web design, and Computer Programming classes. Still got 2 more to go. XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

"I am pleased to inform you that you have been granted admission to the Master of Public Administration program at The Ohio State University’s John Glenn School of Public Affairs."

I'm in a really good mood right now.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

This is the first week in a while that I haven't had any school work to do. Feels good man.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    "I am pleased to inform you that you have been granted admission to the Master of Public Administration program at The Ohio State University’s John Glenn School of Public Affairs."

I hope to be a Master's student one day.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

speaking of;

Thank you for submitting your application for the Master of Architecture program.

congrats @ ebay huckster and pesky persian
    life is
    a game

We just finished our First long exam in organic chemistry and I really got confused for the pharmaceutical Vioxx compound, does it have a Cl atom connected to Oxygen? It kept me bugging though.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || cr:baekhundred || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Boo to the fact that you are going to Ohio. But congratulations though on your acceptance!

---------------------

I've been depressed all day today. I'm so behind studying for biochemistry....it's a sinking, helpless feeling. Exam is tomorrow at 7, so I have exactly 24 hours left to study. Debating whether I should sleep at at tonight...
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I've been depressed all day today. I'm so behind studying for biochemistry....it's a sinking, helpless feeling. Exam is tomorrow at 7, so I have exactly 24 hours left to study. Debating whether I should sleep at at tonight...
    I don't know how far behind you actually are, but I wouldn't sacrifice sleep just to study unless you really feel you need it. Just my 2 cents.

So I'm done with first semester of college.

Wow, They weren't kidding when they said UCB had an intense math program. Straight A's in college? Well, that's not happening for me here. I'm prepared to take what I get, though. I'm just glad to be done now, and I have an entire month for winter break before I start again next semester. I'm looking forward to those classes more than these, that's for sure.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Boo to the fact that you are going to Ohio. But congratulations though on your acceptance!
    I was actually considering applying to Michigan's MPP program (since I wouldn't qualify for their MPA program), this was mostly due to cost considerations
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I don't know how far behind you actually are, but I wouldn't sacrifice sleep just to study unless you really feel you need it. Just my 2 cents.

So I'm done with first semester of college.

Wow, They weren't kidding when they said UCB had an intense math program. Straight A's in college? Well, that's not happening for me here. I'm prepared to take what I get, though. I'm just glad to be done now, and I have an entire month for winter break before I start again next semester. I'm looking forward to those classes more than these, that's for sure.
    UC Berkeley? Really similar to Michigan. I would have probably considered going there there if I lived in the West.

I wish I could have done college over. Made a lost of mistakes my first two years :/ but life is a growing experience!

Haha, my GPA is far from a 4.0...Michigan kinda destroyed my GPA. Hoping I can manage a half-decent science GPA by the time I apply to medical school next summer.

I was actually considering applying to Michigan's MPP program (since I wouldn't qualify for their MPA program), this was mostly due to cost considerations
    Ya Michigan is expensive in general, albeit manageable for in-state students I think. Congratz though on getting into Ohio State!

UC Berkeley? Really similar to Michigan. I would have probably considered going there there if I lived in the West.

I wish I could have done college over. Made a lost of mistakes my first two years :/ but life is a growing experience!

Haha, my GPA is far from a 4.0...Michigan kinda destroyed my GPA. Hoping I can manage a half-decent science GPA by the time I apply to medical school next summer.
    Yeah, seeing as I live in California, it's was an easy choice for me to come here. I can't say the school's reputation wasn't a part of it, though. I guess I came in knowing that classes would be much tougher than high school, but experiencing it is different.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Definitely sleep. You aren't going to be able to focus on your exam if you don't. Trust me, pulling an all-nighter is never a good idea.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Yeah, seeing as I live in California, it's was an easy choice for me to come here. I can't say the school's reputation wasn't a part of it, though. I guess I came in knowing that classes would be much tougher than high school, but experiencing it is different.
    Yeah, I didn't bother applying out West. Some people told me to apply to Stanford saying I had a chance, but I didn't feel like it. I got into UChicago and Northwestern, but I saw really no point to paying out-of-state tuition, and Michigan gave me a scholarship so that sealed the deal.

Haha college takes time to adjust. Enjoy it though!

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Definitely sleep. You aren't going to be able to focus on your exam if you don't. Trust me, pulling an all-nighter is never a good idea.
    Well I've taken exams in limited sleep before. Sucks donkey balls but adrenaline usually kicks in then. I will probably get 2-3 hours of sleep if I can, but whatever. Very unhealthy...but this exam more or less makes or breaks my GPA.

Page 399 of 446 FirstFirst ... 299349389395396397398399400401402403409 ... LastLast