Page 400 of 444 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410 ... LastLast
Results 9,976 to 10,000 of 11093

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Well I've taken exams in limited sleep before. Sucks donkey balls but adrenaline usually kicks in then. I will probably get 2-3 hours of sleep if I can, but whatever. Very unhealthy...but this exam more or less makes or breaks my GPA.
    Well, it's ultimately your choice. Do what you must I suppose.

Meanwhile, I have a final at 6 PM tomorrow and haven't been able to get any studying done in the past several hours. =/

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Yeah, I didn't bother applying out West. Some people told me to apply to Stanford saying I had a chance, but I didn't feel like it. I got into UChicago and Northwestern, but I saw really no point to paying out-of-state tuition, and Michigan gave me a scholarship so that sealed the deal.

Haha college takes time to adjust. Enjoy it though!
    We're in the same boat then. Even though Stanford is closer to me, I didn't bother applying there, or anywhere out of the state. Friends thought I had a chance, but I really doubt I'd have made it in. Besides, no point going to a school if it's just to impress others. It's not like I really wanted to go there.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I have about an hour before I go to bed, so I can probably do the take-home essay that's one part of Art History II's midterm (have to answer two of the three questions). But either way, I'm not worried since I've done pretty much all of my work thus far, so if I don't do one question, I'll probably be okay anyway. I'm also a bit "meh" when it comes to my Ethics class, we have all of the two days to do the test.

The only thing I'm a bit iffy with is that we have Christmas break smack-dab in the term, and there are assignments due on the day we come back. I basically will have to remember to do them during the break, and it kinda sucks. Oh well, at least it's just the two gen eds right now. This term is basically the least stressful term I've had in forever, and I'm happy for it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Yeah, I didn't bother applying out West. Some people told me to apply to Stanford saying I had a chance, but I didn't feel like it. I got into UChicago and Northwestern, but I saw really no point to paying out-of-state tuition, and Michigan gave me a scholarship so that sealed the deal.

Haha college takes time to adjust. Enjoy it though!
    Yeah I was in the same boat. I got into Cornell and Columbia but got a fat scholarship from Rensselaer Polytechnic institute which made the choice a slam dunk seeing as I got zip from everywhere else. But there are plenty of smart people wherever. And ditto on first year mistakes.... It took some time adjusting to studying in college and getting used to the exams, classwork, and life which affected my GPA but like you I'm slowly building it back up, ideally to at least a 3.5 by the time I apply. I'm hoping to do extremely well on the MCAT to offset it as well. All I want to do is to get into medical school :\

What's your major? I'm in biomedical engineering which I felt was a huge mistake because there are some really difficult engineering courses here....but I felt it wouldn't be honest to switch out. If I could go back and do it over, I would probably have majored in mathematics.
    Last edited by Queequeg; 18th December 2013 at 4:58 AM.
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Queequeg View Post
    Yeah I was in the same boat. I got into Cornell and Columbia but got a fat scholarship from Rensselaer Polytechnic institute which made the choice a slam dunk seeing as I got zip from everywhere else. But there are plenty of smart people wherever. And ditto on first year mistakes.... It took some time adjusting to studying in college and getting used to the exams, classwork, and life which affected my GPA but like you I'm slowly building it back up, ideally to at least a 3.5 by the time I apply. I'm hoping to do extremely well on the MCAT to offset it as well. All I want to do is to get into medical school :\

What's your major? I'm in biomedical engineering which I felt was a huge mistake because there are some really difficult engineering courses here....but I felt it wouldn't be honest to switch out. If I could go back and do it over, I would probably have majored in mathematics.
    Yeah I'm taking only one or two classes next semester to just dedicate on MCAT studying considering I wasted last summer not studying :/ So many dumb mistakes I made, but yeah, just want to get into medical school. I'm just about ready to get out of undergrad.

I'm majoring in Neuroscience, basically getting my BS. Haha that's funny, if I had to redo it over again, I would definitely have done engineering, most likely computers or biomedical because at least it's something you can take straight out of college and get a fairly decent job with. That or do something business-related.

It's all about the science GPA really...if you're going for DO, a 3.5 should be okay with a good MCAT. MD you'll probably need mid 30s to be safe but then again, medical school admission is such a crapshoot and it depends on so many factors.

I just want to get into somewhere, either in Michigan or in Texas (where it's so much cheaper), but I'll probably apply everywhere in the nation quite frankly.

Honestly, I am depressed looking at the sheer cost of medical school though. A 200k loan plus insane interest rates is going to take us well into our forties to pay it off unless you aggressively dedicate half your salary to paying it off in your thirties. I am even considering doing a military scholarship to pay it off, but then I'll be selling my soul to them until I'm 34 or 35 :/
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

All I have left is my psychology final tomorrow and I can go home for winter break. About time.

My Ethics teacher told me I got the highest score on the midterm in the class. I missed about five or six questions, but it was better than most of the other students. On the Portal it says I got a full score because he did some grading or average curve or something, I dunno, but I didn't better than I thought on the test. So yeah, I'm doing good in Ethics. Took the final part of the midterm in Art History II, so I don't know what my grade for it will be especially since I didn't do the take-home essay, but considering about 10 or more extra credit points from doing the first assignment in the first week are added to the midterm automatically, I think I'll be okay. I'll know this weekend.

Either way, I'm not worried. I can just relax for the next two weeks as long as I remember to do the assignments over the break. (If I'm really persistent with them, I can probably get them done this weekend, but knowing me, it'll all be done the week of New Year's.
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I am a college student studying higher level IT. Today I managed to get quite a bit done on the Network and E-Commerce assignments.

I have winter break now so I don't have to have stress for two weeks and a bit.

One more day keeps me from winter break. I have an important test to do, and an essay. Otherwise, the day will be easy. After that its two weeks of absolutly no stress! Time to go study...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

My finals are done!!!! I can finally go home for a long break.

congrats to everyone on break. good luck to everyone with finals before break. as for me, I finished yesterday and I can finally do nothing for a month

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Yes I'm finally on winter break! And I only have to read a book, answer questions on it as well as do a project, and chemistry homework to do...
    Pokégyms

Grades are in and I've got A's again. : D Not that I wasn't completely expecting it, but it's nice to finally see the official posting. All I have to do now is get through one more semester and then I'm off to university.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Yes I'm finally on winter break! And I only have to read a book, answer questions on it as well as do a project, and chemistry homework to do...
    tell me more about this concept of "homework over breaks"
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Checked my midterm grades, and I was happy to find I currently have an A in Ethics, and a B in Art History II. Yup, all the more reason to just sit back and basically do nothing this whole break even though I do have assignments XD. Eh, I'll do them after Christmas.
    I survived Pupa.

I can officially say that our Christmas break had started yesterday. Hello projects and assignmentsXD
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Ugh, for some reason my finals for AP Human are missing work in my grades, I have to talk to my teacher about this problem...

To think that I could finally relax for winter break, haha...

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Got mock exams after the break... so I'm pretty much revising everyday :/

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Got mock exams after the break... so I'm pretty much revising everyday :/
    I have never heard of "mock exams" before...and if it really is just a mock exam, why do you need to revise for it?
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

I'm supposed to graduate with a BS in psych this spring, but I'm not sure if I should stay another year to minor in CSC. Hmm...

Click here if you want to join ^
    Going through life with depression is like trying to run for a touchdown on two broken legs.

I have never heard of "mock exams" before...and if it really is just a mock exam, why do you need to revise for it?
    Mock exams are important for our predicted grades for the end of the course - universities use these grades to see if they want to give you an offer or not.

Also, mocks are as close to the real thing as you'll get before the actual exams. Revising now is good as it's all stuff we'll need for the real exams anyway, so it means it'll be slightly easier to revise for the real things.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Hello, I am a student of 7th grade.

School holidays now! Yay!
    To become year 6 next year.
    Had a day off of school at the last day, can't be bothered going to school, so I slept until 11:00am.

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Essays to do before going back from break and little time to do them... Sigh. Thankfully, I think I've got it just about done. I'm just really not looking forward to exams once we go back from break...

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Man only two days left. I don't want it to end!!! I still ahven't done any of my homework either...
    Pokégyms

Page 400 of 444 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410 ... LastLast