Page 401 of 442 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 11043

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Holidays gonna be over soon.

Ugh, I'm back to school on Tuesday. This term is gonna suck, I've got a scholarship exam which I'm one of the 18 lucky people sitting in my year of 64. I also have to use my free time every Tuesday researching current events, basically how and why David Cameron is ruining our country (disagree if you like with me on that, I personally don't like him). I'm kinda enjoying this year though; I came top of my class in my Latin exam with 94, which was literally a slightly edited version of last year's scholarship exam. I also can't wait for next year, because I have different teachers (my maths teacher and english teacher change ^^) and loads more freedom, which is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Argon Wartortle View Post
    Ugh, I'm back to school on Tuesday. This term is gonna suck, I've got a scholarship exam which I'm one of the 18 lucky people sitting in my year of 64. I also have to use my free time every Tuesday researching current events, basically how and why David Cameron is ruining our country (disagree if you like with me on that, I personally don't like him). I'm kinda enjoying this year though; I came top of my class in my Latin exam with 94, which was literally a slightly edited version of last year's scholarship exam. I also can't wait for next year, because I have different teachers (my maths teacher and english teacher change ^^) and loads more freedom, which is amazing.
    Ugh... I know that feeling. Today is hopefully gonna be a good way to end the holidays. The only good thing is, unlike some of my friends, I dont have an exam on Wednesday . This term is probably gonna be easy enough but Id rather be at home, in bed on the internet.
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Holidays are over here and I'm back in the Uni. Kinda lazy to wake up early.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

Mock exams start tomorrow... I feel okay about everything, except Economics, but that's in the second week, so hopefully I can revise a bit more than I have done for it so far...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    Ugh... I know that feeling. Today is hopefully gonna be a good way to end the holidays. The only good thing is, unlike some of my friends, I dont have an exam on Wednesday . This term is probably gonna be easy enough but Id rather be at home, in bed on the internet.
    That's pretty much exactly how I feel. They emailed us the layout of the scholarship exam earlier today, and we have one normal exam for Latin and Science,(though the Science is supposed to be stupidly hard) two papers for English, Maths and French (one being an oral for French) and a killer Humanities. We have an hour and a half to write 3 essays: one for RME, one for History and one for Geography. I really feel nervous for the Geography essay, since we have 30 minutes to write an essay about something we go in unsure of, and I got 69% in my last exam. So yeah, shoot me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

I have to go back to college on Wednesday and I'm really nervous about it. Seriously, holidays just fly by. One minute you're having fun, next minute, back to education. It feels like that. Doesn't help me as I get stressed extremely easily and I think it is affecting me somewhat.....

At least Wednesdays is a calmer day for me. Catching up on assignments I need to finish and the Speadsheet class, which is one of the easier ones. Thursday.... yeah, I'm worried.

My first day back wasn't so bad. I still have a ton of homework and a doctor appointment tonight to tire me out I guess.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

So the schedule for my next term has been posted, and it's just the two classes, Visual FX II and 3D Modeling. Both are in the afternoon, which I'm perfectly fine with. I take them separately, though, so one class is for Mondays and Tuesdays, the other Wednesdays and Thursdays. Looks like it'll be that way for the rest of my time. Mom's a bit surprised that I do indeed go through into July instead of April even though I keep telling her that's when I graduate because I had failed a class a couple of years ago and had to take it again, so that pushed me back another term.

Of course that means I don't get to graduate with the original class I was in, but oh well.

Meanwhile, I'm in the second half of this term. Still not worried about anything, I'm sure I'll be fine. Though I do have an essay/research paper of sorts due this week that I haven't finalized... Still getting used to going back to my old sleeping schedule, even though by next term it'll be out of whack again because of classes in the afternoon after lunch so I get to stay up and sleep in all I want.

Joy~
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

The semester starts on the 13th. I only have 2 classes so I'll be out by 10:50AM on MWF. No Tues/Thurs classes this semester.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I've been back in college since Monday and it's all been a bit dull and uninspired, really. Every minute of every lesson my tutors have talked about the mock exams that are coming in the next two weeks, but I'm finding it difficult to motivate myself to prepare for them.

Meanwhile, we're starting new units in the actual lessons and I'm really hoping that they become more interesting because I've been struggling to stay engaged with them for a while now. English got off to a bad start; we've got to analyse and compare two plays, neither of which are particularly entertaining. My Law tutor saw fit to throw a research project at us - a month to research and write an essay on Law and Morality - instead of dedicating time to this oh-so-important mock exam that they can't seem to shut up about. Business Studies remained crap and will probably stay that way.

I'm half-way through the year, though, so six more months and I'm out of there. Gotta look at the positives.

Going back on Monday, a week earlier than usual. Only taking two classes, but I've also taken my first job as a chemistry tutor (it's a little more involved than that, but that's basically what it amounts to), so that's going to take up about 10 hours a week of my time. I just hope second-semester physics and biology treat me well during my last semester at CC.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

First of all I'd like to point out that I've been here since Year 5, age like 9 or 10? well I got my GCSE Maths result back yesterday and got A* solidly, 185/200 joint top of the school. How time changes...
    I drift in and out. I'm more into the glitchy side of things, hate nearly everything post-HGSS.
    I'll probably forget what I offer on trade pages. If I do, just message me on Tumblr as I'm always on there.

Tumblr

^Congratulations

Was going to do three or so hours of Economics yesterday, but didn't... exam isn't until Wednesday, though, and I've got English tomorrow, which should be fine, so long as I remember all the quotes I need to know.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Back at school now, and the new semester starts tomorrow. I really hope I'm ready.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

School starts tomorrow and I still haven't got my dorming done. :/

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    School starts tomorrow and I still haven't got my dorming done. :/
    you might wanna get on that.

I start my semester next week, which puts the pressure on me to beat Skyward Sword before then

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    you might wanna get on that.

I start my semester next week, which puts the pressure on me to beat Skyward Sword before then
    well im waiting for one room to be available to apply >_<

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

School started on last Wednesday for us. However we have had a holiday on Friday and one this Monday and Tuesday. But I have an essay I have to get doing. Right now I'm just procrastinating.
    Sceptile. Nuff said.
    My friend code is 508615422009.

and suddenly i remember i'm waiting until the summer to start really looking for housing in columbus

living off campus: best living
    grad school: best school
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Wow, this is crazy!

So college started back yesterday, and in my 8AM class, there's this hot chick right? Well, it turns out that this hot chick is the same girl that my mom used to babysit several years ago, back when I (and she) was just a kid.

I found this out because on the school's website, the messaging system shows you the names (and picture, we all have student IDs with our faces on them) of everybody that's in our classes, including the instructors. I was looking for a message from one of my instructors because he was going to tell me my grade from the final exam from the previous semester. As I was looking, I saw this name... didn't think much of it, then I saw the last name, that's when it hit me. I know this person. I had once been in the same house, as this future hot chick, at the same time! Not the house I live in now, but my older house.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 14th January 2014 at 8:23 PM.

Buying books is always a pain, especially when you don't know if you'll actually end up using the book at all. Two of the books I bought last semester, I only opened maybe once or twice. I start next week, so I'm trying to enjoy my last week of being able to sleep in.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Buying books is always a pain, especially when you don't know if you'll actually end up using the book at all. Two of the books I bought last semester, I only opened maybe once or twice. I start next week, so I'm trying to enjoy my last week of being able to sleep in.
    One of my teachers specifically told us "Do not buy the book from the bookstore. It is really expensive here. You can buy it for 1/3rd of the price on the internet."

So yeah. Buying books sucks. It sucks even more if it's a brand new book that you absolutely have to buy from the bookstore.

this conversation's just reminding me that i need to email my grad advisor and ask her if i should be expecting ridiculously high textbook costs next year
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Well, it seems that for the foreseeable future, going to a university is a cert, at least. Just received an offer from Winchester on the condition that I pass two of my A-levels with a total tarriff of 340 points (which should be very doable), and in the meantime, Nottingham has invited me over for an interview next month, and will make a decision based on that. Winchester was very much my insurance option so I'm not too fussed about that, but Nottingham is the one which I'm really aiming for, and I'm getting pretty nervous about the interview. Fingers crossed, and I'm keeping a close eye on any more incoming offers.

Page 401 of 442 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411 ... LastLast