Page 403 of 442 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 11033

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ⊱✿RedAshEntropy View Post
    I know how that feels man. Although I'm also taking calculus 2 and will be taking calculus 3 this summer hopefully. I'm taking Organic 1 thoughXD
    Just finishe Org. Lab exam, tomorrow the time for our midterm in Calculus. My mind's already saturated! ugh
    have fun with substitution and elimination, and all the reactions after that :P

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I have a problem and I hope some of you can answer me.

I used to live in Sydney and started university (college) there. I've even finished my first year there.
    My parents had to return to our country so I unwillingly had to return too, and I continued my studies here and even had to start from the beginning thus losing half-a-year (since they counted some of my classes).

I have now completed the first semester of the 3rd year (the course is 4 years long) and there came an oppotunity for me to go back to Sydney.

Now I am really really really confused on what to do.

If I change to there some of my classes will not be counted which means that I did some of them for nothing, and that I will have to take my classes in such a mixed way (4 from year 1, 3 from year 2, 4 from year 3 etc...).

I'm not sure if I should. My current uni and city puts me in so much agony that I secretly cry all the time because I hate this place with all of my might. I can't connect to people, we like different things, everything feels so boring and I just sit home all day, do my homework, go to school, back home, go to school, back home without any hint of joy in me.

On the other side there is the place I feel like I belong to. I dream of it almost everyday (literally). I was so in tuned with there, and I had a lot of friends which are still religiously asking me when I will be coming back even after 3.2 years. The university there taught me way more things in 1 year than the one here did in 3.5 years.

It still feels like I should go and I will probably do so too.

But one side of my brain is still reminding me of those classes that will go to waste, but then I ask myself. Most of my class mates at year 3 are about 24-26 years old. They have changed their main subject and don't seem bothered about losing more time than I did, and are even happy that they get to stay students longer as the real world is harsher and they don't want to get responsibility too quickly. I am 21 and will probably be 22.5-23.5 until I get back to this position again (and I've already lost half a year at this point).

I haven't learned much in my current university anyway, there is a weird system here where cheaters get really high grades and the ones who try really hard get medium-high grades. We have our homework tossed at us without the teachers teaching anything. Going back will make me learn the things that I did not do here and it seems worthy as I knew all these years that I was going to school for naught.

But most importantly, I will be where I feel at home and will be happy again.

What do you guys think? What would you do?
    Last edited by Kotone; 22nd January 2014 at 4:26 PM.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    I have a problem and I hope some of you can answer me.

I used to live in Sydney and started university (college) there. I've even finished my first year there.
    My parents had to return to our country so I unwillingly had to return too, and I continued my studies here and even had to start from the beginning thus losing half-a-year (since they counted some of my classes).

I have now completed the first semester of the 3rd year (the course is 4 years long) and there came an oppotunity for me to go back to Sydney.

Now I am really really really confused on what to do.

If I change to there some of my classes will not be counted which means that I did some of them for nothing, and that I will have to take my classes in such a mixed way (4 from year 1, 3 from year 2, 4 from year 3 etc...).

I'm not sure if I should. My current uni and city puts me in so much agony that I secretly cry all the time because I hate this place with all of my might. I can't connect to people, we like different things, everything feels so boring and I just sit home all day, do my homework, go to school, back home, go to school, back home without any hint of joy in me.

On the other side there is the place I feel like I belong to. I dream of it almost everyday (literally). I was so in tuned with there, and I had a lot of friends which are still religiously asking me when I will be coming back even after 3.2 years. The university there taught me way more things in 1 year than the one here did in 3.5 years.

It still feels like I should go and I will probably do so too.

But one side of my brain is still reminding me of those classes that will go to waste, but then I ask myself. Most of my class mates at year 3 are about 24-26 years old. They have changed their main subject and don't seem bothered about losing more time than I did, and are even happy that they get to stay students longer as the real world is harsher and they don't want to get responsibility too quickly. I am 21 and will probably be 22.5-23.5 until I get back to this position again (and I've already lost half a year at this point).

I haven't learned much in my current university anyway, there is a weird system here where cheaters get really high grades and the ones who try really hard get medium-high grades. We have our homework tossed at us without the teachers teaching anything. Going back will make me learn the things that I did not do here and it seems worthy as I knew all these years that I was going to school for naught.

But most importantly, I will be where I feel at home and will be happy again.

What do you guys think? What would you do?
    well, you seem to have made an amazing case for your Aussie school and terrible one for your current school. at first it felt like you put your first school in such a high pedestal that nothing at all could compare to it, which is suggests that maybe you haven't given your current school enough try. I know I did that with grade school when I moved towns, because nobody understood me and I hated my new hometown, but I think being new takes time to adjust. at the same time, if getting high grades means compromising your integrity -- and this is the actual truth and not just something you subconsciously accepted to justify moving back -- and you've really made an effort to accept your new school, then going back might be the best option. imo it comes down how hard you've tried to get to know your new school and how badly you would like to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    so Im taking calc 2 and organic 2 this semester, gonna be tough.

though for calc 2, i remember most things from algebra and calc 1, even though my calc 1 was 3 years ago. i just don't remember all my trig integration and derivative formula

organic 2 though... i havent have time to brush up on nomenclature. I am starting to remember how to do mechanism haha.
    and I need to organize/review my notes for reaction and synthesis problems.
    isn't orgo the hardest science and isn't calc 2 the hardest math? i wish you so much luck and may the odds be ever in your favor
    Last edited by flamebeam; 22nd January 2014 at 4:39 PM.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Had a presentation in Art History today. It was supposed to be for a museum presentation (meaning you go to the museum and pick out three pieces of art to talk about, or else you went to the Internet and did six), but the teacher had said it could be on whatever you wanted--film students could do films, for example. So I decided to do my presentation on animated movies, and I picked Hunchback of Notre Dame, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Ghost in the Shell. I did do a bit of history before talking about the films and getting into why they were important to me, personally--though the last two were more-or-less inspirations in the history of animation.

I did well. The teacher and classmates were impressed, and one student asked why I hadn't put Fairy Tail anywhere on the collage (I put pictures of anime I personally liked as examples) when I mentioned anime (because of course I would mention anime), and I told him because I hadn't watched it. And he kinda freaked out and went "WHAT BUT IT'S INSPIRATIONAL" or something like that xD. Even Naruto and One Piece were brought up and I said that I haven't watched them either even though I do recognize their importance, but I mostly did the late-80s to late-90s from what I specifically remember and learned about over the years. I'm sure some people got into or were inspired by anime because of Fairy Tail and Naruto (mostly the latter for the younger generation of the '00s), but that's not what I've found. So... yeah XD.

I had fun, needless to say. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I was, probably because I was talking about something I really like. Even though I put together the powerpoint all yesterday, lol. (Sadly, the computer didn't support .MOV files for... whatever reason >_>, so I couldn't show the opening clip of Ghost in the Shell. Oh well.)
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    isn't orgo the hardest science and isn't calc 2 the hardest math? i wish you so much luck and may the odds be ever in your favor
    Apparently P-chem is harder. But o chem is still really hard.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Took the diagnostic test for the kaplan MCAT course (medical college admission test) and got a 29. Reasonably satisfied, I haven't really started studying and got a 13 in physical sciences, 10 in verbal and 6 in biological sciences. (test is out of 45, 15 max for each section). Taking it 6-7 months from now so hopefully I can get my average up to around a 35 or at least 12 for each section.
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I agree. I think PhyChem is harder, but I can't deny organic chem is one tough subject too.. Though almost every chemistry is hard .

have fun with substitution and elimination, and all the reactions after that :P
    haha! Thanks.. you too.XD
    For almost 2 hours of sleep, not eating my breakfast, I though it's already over for me, (I haven't review much for Today's exam, luckily, our prof. postponed it, that makes our calculus exam will be next be. Phew.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

just enrolled in my first semester of a master's degree
    life is
    a game

Just wait until you get to college. I am overwhelmed with HW right now. Plus work, and my children.
    POCKET MONSTER HD HAS RELEASED!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever dreamed build your unique Monster team like Pokemon on your mobile phone?Here is a mobile game simlar to the pokemon!
    Join me! play together!
    I believe if you love Pokemon, you will love this game! clicke here to download
    http://pm.teebik.com

Enter my invite code 2O7U1! and add me(user name is tonnychen001) in game, You will recieve a huge gift!!

Some college students are so irresponsible.

The semester started last Monday, and the teacher has been reminding us in every class meeting that our homework assignments are posted on the school website, just in-case she forgets to tell the class or if a student was absent.

So today we had some homework that was due, and several students were like "I didn't know we had homework", even though she has been telling us every day so far that the homework is on the website.

Luckily this is a business statistics class and these fools probably won't be going into the medical field.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    just enrolled in my first semester of a master's degree
    Awesome! What are you studying?

*Bangs Head against wall*

Okay, my Computer Professor is officially evil. So here's what happened, something glitched on the site that we take the class on, it just wouldn't let us take tests, I was wondering if it was just me, but on the discussion boad I saw at least 3 other students reporting the same problem, meanwhile a test came and went. And his response to us students asking what's going on, and if we can have an extension on the test that we were unable to take and like 50 other questions? "You posted in the wrong area." Which, might I add, the area he was referring to, was one of the places that was glitched and didn't work.

Ugh.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    *Bangs Head against wall*

Okay, my Computer Professor is officially evil. So here's what happened, something glitched on the site that we take the class on, it just wouldn't let us take tests, I was wondering if it was just me, but on the discussion boad I saw at least 3 other students reporting the same problem, meanwhile a test came and went. And his response to us students asking what's going on, and if we can have an extension on the test that we were unable to take and like 50 other questions? "You posted in the wrong area." Which, might I add, the area he was referring to, was one of the places that was glitched and didn't work.

Ugh.
    I've been fortunate to only have 1 ******* professor. And that was in my first semester like 4 years ago. I hated that guy. That was before I learned how to ask friends/fellow classmates on who I should take for classes.

Since I only need half a credit to graduate I am mainly taking blow off classes. I still have to pass English and government though. I am really happy with my 7th hour teacher. He lets the seniors leave school during his class and wont count them absent if we tell him we are leaving. He doesn't make the seniors do any work and he just gives us an A. If we get caught trying to sneak out we are on our own though. I have been getting a lot of English homework though. I put off doing my research paper for 3 weeks and now its due Monday.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    540 encounters on route 210
    6324 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

Quote Originally Posted by Neji-and-Pidgeot View Post
    Since I only need half a credit to graduate I am mainly taking blow off classes. I still have to pass English and government though. I am really happy with my 7th hour teacher. He lets the seniors leave school during his class and wont count them absent if we tell him we are leaving. He doesn't make the seniors do any work and he just gives us an A. If we get caught trying to sneak out we are on our own though. I have been getting a lot of English homework though. I put off doing my research paper for 3 weeks and now its due Monday.
    If only my teachers were like this... Can't leave a single class without getting a phone call D:

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I heard differentiation or something of higher math is harder, idk.

i havent take pchem yet, haha.

also, o chem might just be harder cause it's really new stuff and you're combining everything you learned in general chemistry in a whole new level.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Some college students are so irresponsible.

The semester started last Monday, and the teacher has been reminding us in every class meeting that our homework assignments are posted on the school website, just in-case she forgets to tell the class or if a student was absent.

So today we had some homework that was due, and several students were like "I didn't know we had homework", even though she has been telling us every day so far that the homework is on the website.

Luckily this is a business statistics class and these fools probably won't be going into the medical field.
    well, they might be working in a business or in some political positions in the future...

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

OK, January 26th 2014...
    Nearly School! Ughhhh, hopefully I can survive another year..
    Yesterday my mom and I bought some school supplies for me, I'm gonna be year 6, and next year, I have to skip year 7 and go to year 8.... Why Oh Why..... Bleh. :P

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I haven't been posted for almost a whole term, I think. I guess since I'm not as busy I'll post more now.

Not much is going on at the moment, except I have an English essay due on Tuesday. I'm already working on it because last week I procrastinated on an essay and I wasn't done until 1:00 in the morning.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I've been fortunate to only have 1 ******* professor. And that was in my first semester like 4 years ago. I hated that guy. That was before I learned how to ask friends/fellow classmates on who I should take for classes.
    Yeah, so far I've taken all online classes so I've had very little interaction with my "Classmates"

And the other day, I remembered a conversation I had with my friend's older brother. I was at my friends house and his brother offhandedly asked what kind of math we were doing and I said "Multiplication, I hate this stuff"(This was obviously, a long time ago)and he replied "Haha, trust me, when you get to the harder stuff, you'll wish you could go back to multiplication"....and believe me.....I do want easier stuff XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

uhh there's also the power of ratemyprofessors.com
    it's a wonderful device. i have the best gen. psych professor in the whole university, meaning not only does it fill curriculum requirements and prepare me for a portion of the MCATs, but it's also a GPA booster! of course, i have chem 2, chem lab, and my research/writing class to struggle with. yay struggles!

Credit to Brutaka

uhh there's also the power of ratemyprofessors.com
    it's a wonderful device. i have the best gen. psych professor in the whole university, meaning not only does it fill curriculum requirements and prepare me for a portion of the MCATs, but it's also a GPA booster! of course, i have chem 2, chem lab, and my research/writing class to struggle with. yay struggles!
    I didn't know of the website before going into college. I'll definitely be using it once I switch schools.

Is there really a relationship with playing an instrument and math and logic reasoning?
    I ask this because eever since I've stopped playing piano, I've found it difficult to understand a lot of Advanced Algebra and Pre-Calc lessons in school.
    Even when I approach my teacher for help after class I can't seem to comprehend and remember the material.
    I know it's not Senioritis……
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

I have an exam in cognitive psych on Wednesday and I am finding that my notes have more holes in them than swiss cheese. I need to write down more of the things that the prof says and not just the powerpoint slides.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack the Titan View Post
    Is there really a relationship with playing an instrument and math and logic reasoning?
    I ask this because eever since I've stopped playing piano, I've found it difficult to understand a lot of Advanced Algebra and Pre-Calc lessons in school.
    Even when I approach my teacher for help after class I can't seem to comprehend and remember the material.
    I know it's not Senioritis……
    I can't really provide proof but I think there is in fact a relationship. A lot of smart people were in my high school band. It definitely helps with band because it teaches you to count rhythm and stuff. But I think it also helps with logic because when you're playing music you're thinking about a lot of things, especially if you're playing piano, and you're trying to produce the best sound in the most efficient way. Don't take my word for it, though, since I'm a band geek.

Credit to Brutaka

I can't really provide proof but I think there is in fact a relationship. A lot of smart people were in my high school band. It definitely helps with band because it teaches you to count rhythm and stuff. But I think it also helps with logic because when you're playing music you're thinking about a lot of things, especially if you're playing piano, and you're trying to produce the best sound in the most efficient way. Don't take my word for it, though, since I'm a band geek.
    I agree. The beats, counts, and rhythms along with changing tone and volume must signal something up in the CNS.
    I didn't like the band environment, unfortuneately, the geeks were so harsh because they said that piano was pretty much useless (this was, what, 5th grade) and I stopped playing in groups and did solo performances.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Page 403 of 442 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413 ... LastLast