Page 403 of 442 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,075 of 11033

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

  1. #10051
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ~!The Milky Way!~
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ⊱✿RedAshEntropy View Post
    I know how that feels man. Although I'm also taking calculus 2 and will be taking calculus 3 this summer hopefully. I'm taking Organic 1 thoughXD
    Just finishe Org. Lab exam, tomorrow the time for our midterm in Calculus. My mind's already saturated! ugh
    have fun with substitution and elimination, and all the reactions after that :P

    Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

    FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

  2. #10052
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ankara, Turkey
    Posts
    547

    Default

    I have a problem and I hope some of you can answer me.

    I used to live in Sydney and started university (college) there. I've even finished my first year there.
    My parents had to return to our country so I unwillingly had to return too, and I continued my studies here and even had to start from the beginning thus losing half-a-year (since they counted some of my classes).

    I have now completed the first semester of the 3rd year (the course is 4 years long) and there came an oppotunity for me to go back to Sydney.

    Now I am really really really confused on what to do.

    If I change to there some of my classes will not be counted which means that I did some of them for nothing, and that I will have to take my classes in such a mixed way (4 from year 1, 3 from year 2, 4 from year 3 etc...).

    I'm not sure if I should. My current uni and city puts me in so much agony that I secretly cry all the time because I hate this place with all of my might. I can't connect to people, we like different things, everything feels so boring and I just sit home all day, do my homework, go to school, back home, go to school, back home without any hint of joy in me.

    On the other side there is the place I feel like I belong to. I dream of it almost everyday (literally). I was so in tuned with there, and I had a lot of friends which are still religiously asking me when I will be coming back even after 3.2 years. The university there taught me way more things in 1 year than the one here did in 3.5 years.

    It still feels like I should go and I will probably do so too.

    But one side of my brain is still reminding me of those classes that will go to waste, but then I ask myself. Most of my class mates at year 3 are about 24-26 years old. They have changed their main subject and don't seem bothered about losing more time than I did, and are even happy that they get to stay students longer as the real world is harsher and they don't want to get responsibility too quickly. I am 21 and will probably be 22.5-23.5 until I get back to this position again (and I've already lost half a year at this point).

    I haven't learned much in my current university anyway, there is a weird system here where cheaters get really high grades and the ones who try really hard get medium-high grades. We have our homework tossed at us without the teachers teaching anything. Going back will make me learn the things that I did not do here and it seems worthy as I knew all these years that I was going to school for naught.

    But most importantly, I will be where I feel at home and will be happy again.

    What do you guys think? What would you do?
    Last edited by Kotone; 22nd January 2014 at 4:26 PM.
    [IMG]http://i28.*******.com/2hgad5k.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #10053
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Some type of hell
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotone View Post
    I have a problem and I hope some of you can answer me.

    I used to live in Sydney and started university (college) there. I've even finished my first year there.
    My parents had to return to our country so I unwillingly had to return too, and I continued my studies here and even had to start from the beginning thus losing half-a-year (since they counted some of my classes).

    I have now completed the first semester of the 3rd year (the course is 4 years long) and there came an oppotunity for me to go back to Sydney.

    Now I am really really really confused on what to do.

    If I change to there some of my classes will not be counted which means that I did some of them for nothing, and that I will have to take my classes in such a mixed way (4 from year 1, 3 from year 2, 4 from year 3 etc...).

    I'm not sure if I should. My current uni and city puts me in so much agony that I secretly cry all the time because I hate this place with all of my might. I can't connect to people, we like different things, everything feels so boring and I just sit home all day, do my homework, go to school, back home, go to school, back home without any hint of joy in me.

    On the other side there is the place I feel like I belong to. I dream of it almost everyday (literally). I was so in tuned with there, and I had a lot of friends which are still religiously asking me when I will be coming back even after 3.2 years. The university there taught me way more things in 1 year than the one here did in 3.5 years.

    It still feels like I should go and I will probably do so too.

    But one side of my brain is still reminding me of those classes that will go to waste, but then I ask myself. Most of my class mates at year 3 are about 24-26 years old. They have changed their main subject and don't seem bothered about losing more time than I did, and are even happy that they get to stay students longer as the real world is harsher and they don't want to get responsibility too quickly. I am 21 and will probably be 22.5-23.5 until I get back to this position again (and I've already lost half a year at this point).

    I haven't learned much in my current university anyway, there is a weird system here where cheaters get really high grades and the ones who try really hard get medium-high grades. We have our homework tossed at us without the teachers teaching anything. Going back will make me learn the things that I did not do here and it seems worthy as I knew all these years that I was going to school for naught.

    But most importantly, I will be where I feel at home and will be happy again.

    What do you guys think? What would you do?
    well, you seem to have made an amazing case for your Aussie school and terrible one for your current school. at first it felt like you put your first school in such a high pedestal that nothing at all could compare to it, which is suggests that maybe you haven't given your current school enough try. I know I did that with grade school when I moved towns, because nobody understood me and I hated my new hometown, but I think being new takes time to adjust. at the same time, if getting high grades means compromising your integrity -- and this is the actual truth and not just something you subconsciously accepted to justify moving back -- and you've really made an effort to accept your new school, then going back might be the best option. imo it comes down how hard you've tried to get to know your new school and how badly you would like to go back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    so Im taking calc 2 and organic 2 this semester, gonna be tough.

    though for calc 2, i remember most things from algebra and calc 1, even though my calc 1 was 3 years ago. i just don't remember all my trig integration and derivative formula

    organic 2 though... i havent have time to brush up on nomenclature. I am starting to remember how to do mechanism haha.
    and I need to organize/review my notes for reaction and synthesis problems.
    isn't orgo the hardest science and isn't calc 2 the hardest math? i wish you so much luck and may the odds be ever in your favor
    Last edited by flamebeam; 22nd January 2014 at 4:39 PM.

    A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

    Credit to Brutaka

  4. #10054
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    6,468

    Default

    Had a presentation in Art History today. It was supposed to be for a museum presentation (meaning you go to the museum and pick out three pieces of art to talk about, or else you went to the Internet and did six), but the teacher had said it could be on whatever you wanted--film students could do films, for example. So I decided to do my presentation on animated movies, and I picked Hunchback of Notre Dame, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and Ghost in the Shell. I did do a bit of history before talking about the films and getting into why they were important to me, personally--though the last two were more-or-less inspirations in the history of animation.

    I did well. The teacher and classmates were impressed, and one student asked why I hadn't put Fairy Tail anywhere on the collage (I put pictures of anime I personally liked as examples) when I mentioned anime (because of course I would mention anime), and I told him because I hadn't watched it. And he kinda freaked out and went "WHAT BUT IT'S INSPIRATIONAL" or something like that xD. Even Naruto and One Piece were brought up and I said that I haven't watched them either even though I do recognize their importance, but I mostly did the late-80s to late-90s from what I specifically remember and learned about over the years. I'm sure some people got into or were inspired by anime because of Fairy Tail and Naruto (mostly the latter for the younger generation of the '00s), but that's not what I've found. So... yeah XD.

    I had fun, needless to say. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I was, probably because I was talking about something I really like. Even though I put together the powerpoint all yesterday, lol. (Sadly, the computer didn't support .MOV files for... whatever reason >_>, so I couldn't show the opening clip of Ghost in the Shell. Oh well.)
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

  5. #10055
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Dreams
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    isn't orgo the hardest science and isn't calc 2 the hardest math? i wish you so much luck and may the odds be ever in your favor
    Apparently P-chem is harder. But o chem is still really hard.


    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

  6. #10056
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Took the diagnostic test for the kaplan MCAT course (medical college admission test) and got a 29. Reasonably satisfied, I haven't really started studying and got a 13 in physical sciences, 10 in verbal and 6 in biological sciences. (test is out of 45, 15 max for each section). Taking it 6-7 months from now so hopefully I can get my average up to around a 35 or at least 12 for each section.
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

  7. #10057
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    virtual world
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Apparently P-chem is harder. But o chem is still really hard.
    I agree. I think PhyChem is harder, but I can't deny organic chem is one tough subject too.. Though almost every chemistry is hard .


    have fun with substitution and elimination, and all the reactions after that :P
    haha! Thanks.. you too.XD
    For almost 2 hours of sleep, not eating my breakfast, I though it's already over for me, (I haven't review much for Today's exam, luckily, our prof. postponed it, that makes our calculus exam will be next be. Phew.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

    || Multishipper || Red: ShinAya= Kagepro OTP || Inactive ||

  8. #10058
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    @fart
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    just enrolled in my first semester of a master's degree
    life is
    a game

  9. #10059
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Just wait until you get to college. I am overwhelmed with HW right now. Plus work, and my children.
    POCKET MONSTER HD HAS RELEASED!!!!!!!!!

    Have you ever dreamed build your unique Monster team like Pokemon on your mobile phone?Here is a mobile game simlar to the pokemon!
    Join me! play together!
    I believe if you love Pokemon, you will love this game! clicke here to download
    http://pm.teebik.com

    Enter my invite code 2O7U1! and add me(user name is tonnychen001) in game, You will recieve a huge gift!!

  10. #10060
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Some college students are so irresponsible.

    The semester started last Monday, and the teacher has been reminding us in every class meeting that our homework assignments are posted on the school website, just in-case she forgets to tell the class or if a student was absent.

    So today we had some homework that was due, and several students were like "I didn't know we had homework", even though she has been telling us every day so far that the homework is on the website.

    Luckily this is a business statistics class and these fools probably won't be going into the medical field.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  11. #10061
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Dreams
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    just enrolled in my first semester of a master's degree
    Awesome! What are you studying?


    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

  12. #10062
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    *Bangs Head against wall*

    Okay, my Computer Professor is officially evil. So here's what happened, something glitched on the site that we take the class on, it just wouldn't let us take tests, I was wondering if it was just me, but on the discussion boad I saw at least 3 other students reporting the same problem, meanwhile a test came and went. And his response to us students asking what's going on, and if we can have an extension on the test that we were unable to take and like 50 other questions? "You posted in the wrong area." Which, might I add, the area he was referring to, was one of the places that was glitched and didn't work.

    Ugh.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  13. #10063
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    *Bangs Head against wall*

    Okay, my Computer Professor is officially evil. So here's what happened, something glitched on the site that we take the class on, it just wouldn't let us take tests, I was wondering if it was just me, but on the discussion boad I saw at least 3 other students reporting the same problem, meanwhile a test came and went. And his response to us students asking what's going on, and if we can have an extension on the test that we were unable to take and like 50 other questions? "You posted in the wrong area." Which, might I add, the area he was referring to, was one of the places that was glitched and didn't work.

    Ugh.
    I've been fortunate to only have 1 ******* professor. And that was in my first semester like 4 years ago. I hated that guy. That was before I learned how to ask friends/fellow classmates on who I should take for classes.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  14. #10064
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Since I only need half a credit to graduate I am mainly taking blow off classes. I still have to pass English and government though. I am really happy with my 7th hour teacher. He lets the seniors leave school during his class and wont count them absent if we tell him we are leaving. He doesn't make the seniors do any work and he just gives us an A. If we get caught trying to sneak out we are on our own though. I have been getting a lot of English homework though. I put off doing my research paper for 3 weeks and now its due Monday.
    Leaf green re count:540
    happy to trade. white fc: 0734 2476 0668 SSBB fc: 3308 6572 9381
    3ds friend code: 2466 2806 3978
    Former Admin pidgeotto from dueling network.
    heam my cream.
    shiny hunts in progress:
    540 encounters on route 210
    6324 SR's for articuno
    268 SR's in black2 BQ
    Shiny failures:

  15. #10065
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neji-and-Pidgeot View Post
    Since I only need half a credit to graduate I am mainly taking blow off classes. I still have to pass English and government though. I am really happy with my 7th hour teacher. He lets the seniors leave school during his class and wont count them absent if we tell him we are leaving. He doesn't make the seniors do any work and he just gives us an A. If we get caught trying to sneak out we are on our own though. I have been getting a lot of English homework though. I put off doing my research paper for 3 weeks and now its due Monday.
    If only my teachers were like this... Can't leave a single class without getting a phone call D:

  16. #10066
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    ~!The Milky Way!~
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Apparently P-chem is harder. But o chem is still really hard.
    I heard differentiation or something of higher math is harder, idk.

    i havent take pchem yet, haha.

    also, o chem might just be harder cause it's really new stuff and you're combining everything you learned in general chemistry in a whole new level.

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Some college students are so irresponsible.

    The semester started last Monday, and the teacher has been reminding us in every class meeting that our homework assignments are posted on the school website, just in-case she forgets to tell the class or if a student was absent.

    So today we had some homework that was due, and several students were like "I didn't know we had homework", even though she has been telling us every day so far that the homework is on the website.

    Luckily this is a business statistics class and these fools probably won't be going into the medical field.
    well, they might be working in a business or in some political positions in the future...

    Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

    FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

  17. #10067
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    148

    Default

    OK, January 26th 2014...
    Nearly School! Ughhhh, hopefully I can survive another year..
    Yesterday my mom and I bought some school supplies for me, I'm gonna be year 6, and next year, I have to skip year 7 and go to year 8.... Why Oh Why..... Bleh. :P


    Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

  18. #10068
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    300

    Default

    I haven't been posted for almost a whole term, I think. I guess since I'm not as busy I'll post more now.

    Not much is going on at the moment, except I have an English essay due on Tuesday. I'm already working on it because last week I procrastinated on an essay and I wasn't done until 1:00 in the morning.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

    3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

  19. #10069
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I've been fortunate to only have 1 ******* professor. And that was in my first semester like 4 years ago. I hated that guy. That was before I learned how to ask friends/fellow classmates on who I should take for classes.
    Yeah, so far I've taken all online classes so I've had very little interaction with my "Classmates"

    And the other day, I remembered a conversation I had with my friend's older brother. I was at my friends house and his brother offhandedly asked what kind of math we were doing and I said "Multiplication, I hate this stuff"(This was obviously, a long time ago)and he replied "Haha, trust me, when you get to the harder stuff, you'll wish you could go back to multiplication"....and believe me.....I do want easier stuff XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  20. #10070
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Some type of hell
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I've been fortunate to only have 1 ******* professor. And that was in my first semester like 4 years ago. I hated that guy. That was before I learned how to ask friends/fellow classmates on who I should take for classes.
    uhh there's also the power of ratemyprofessors.com
    it's a wonderful device. i have the best gen. psych professor in the whole university, meaning not only does it fill curriculum requirements and prepare me for a portion of the MCATs, but it's also a GPA booster! of course, i have chem 2, chem lab, and my research/writing class to struggle with. yay struggles!

    A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

    Credit to Brutaka

  21. #10071
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    uhh there's also the power of ratemyprofessors.com
    it's a wonderful device. i have the best gen. psych professor in the whole university, meaning not only does it fill curriculum requirements and prepare me for a portion of the MCATs, but it's also a GPA booster! of course, i have chem 2, chem lab, and my research/writing class to struggle with. yay struggles!
    I didn't know of the website before going into college. I'll definitely be using it once I switch schools.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

  22. #10072
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Is there really a relationship with playing an instrument and math and logic reasoning?
    I ask this because eever since I've stopped playing piano, I've found it difficult to understand a lot of Advanced Algebra and Pre-Calc lessons in school.
    Even when I approach my teacher for help after class I can't seem to comprehend and remember the material.
    I know it's not Senioritis……
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

  23. #10073
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Dreams
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    I have an exam in cognitive psych on Wednesday and I am finding that my notes have more holes in them than swiss cheese. I need to write down more of the things that the prof says and not just the powerpoint slides.


    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

  24. #10074
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Some type of hell
    Posts
    819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack the Titan View Post
    Is there really a relationship with playing an instrument and math and logic reasoning?
    I ask this because eever since I've stopped playing piano, I've found it difficult to understand a lot of Advanced Algebra and Pre-Calc lessons in school.
    Even when I approach my teacher for help after class I can't seem to comprehend and remember the material.
    I know it's not Senioritis……
    I can't really provide proof but I think there is in fact a relationship. A lot of smart people were in my high school band. It definitely helps with band because it teaches you to count rhythm and stuff. But I think it also helps with logic because when you're playing music you're thinking about a lot of things, especially if you're playing piano, and you're trying to produce the best sound in the most efficient way. Don't take my word for it, though, since I'm a band geek.

    A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

    Credit to Brutaka

  25. #10075
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    I can't really provide proof but I think there is in fact a relationship. A lot of smart people were in my high school band. It definitely helps with band because it teaches you to count rhythm and stuff. But I think it also helps with logic because when you're playing music you're thinking about a lot of things, especially if you're playing piano, and you're trying to produce the best sound in the most efficient way. Don't take my word for it, though, since I'm a band geek.
    I agree. The beats, counts, and rhythms along with changing tone and volume must signal something up in the CNS.
    I didn't like the band environment, unfortuneately, the geeks were so harsh because they said that piano was pretty much useless (this was, what, 5th grade) and I stopped playing in groups and did solo performances.
        Spoiler:- Just- lol:

Page 403 of 442 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •