Page 404 of 446 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414 ... LastLast
Results 10,076 to 10,100 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

*Breathes into paper bag*
    Wow, I'm kind of freaking here. I just got a letter in the mail saying that I have not attended a class AT ALL up until this time(Logged in, whatever, its online). I have been submitting work and everything so I have proof, but....wow.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Took my French III and Alg2/Trig midterms today. French was a joke, I probably got a 100. A2T was fair. There were some really tough problems I didn't know how to do. Expecting high 80s for that one...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Doing math homework right now. Trigonometric substitution in integration takes so many steps it's kinda ridiculous. I'm starting to get sick of it already, and I still have a whole extra assignment of the stuff. Better get it done now, though, because my Wednesdays are very busy.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Immanuel Kant could honestly burn in hell. His writing is so impossible to understand that I want to drill a hole into a head. **** you, Kant! Thank goodness for SparkNotes!

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

I'm working on my bachelor's thesis right now and I have spent 3 hours every night for the last 2 weeks training these rats, and I finally get to do surgeries on them tomorrow. I'm giving them artificial strokes. I just need them to live for 3 weeks after surgery so I can test them, and I will have enough data to present in April. But it has taken so much time, I hate rats. I have done this 2 times before but the rats die after surgery. I need them to live, but strokes aren't easy things to survive I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Alue142 View Post
    I'm working on my bachelor's thesis right now and I have spent 3 hours every night for the last 2 weeks training these rats, and I finally get to do surgeries on them tomorrow. I'm giving them artificial strokes. I just need them to live for 3 weeks after surgery so I can test them, and I will have enough data to present in April. But it has taken so much time, I hate rats. I have done this 2 times before but the rats die after surgery. I need them to live, but strokes aren't easy things to survive I guess.
    They're not. It took only 8 days for my grandmother to pass away after her stroke. Age and health does take into account, though. But for her, parts of her brain kept shutting down one by one. And the brain doesn't turn back on; when it's off, it's off. Not trying to lecture or anything since you're obviously at least 3 years of education ahead of me, but that's my personal take on it.

Credit to Brutaka

Dat feel when you wake up in the morning and forget you have class.

I hate this new class schedule, damnit. I'm used to going on just Tues/Thurs, and not Mon/Wed/Fri, like I am this semester. It ruins the weekend too. It was nice having 4 day weekends for a while. Now I'm back to just Saturday/Sunday.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Just took my cognitive psych exam. It was awful. I hope I did reasonably okay on it.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I'd like to know how other people deal with having a lot of pages to read for a lot of different classes all in a short period of time. I know I need to be in the right mindset to actually retain the information, and I can look at all of the words but not actually understand exactly what I'm reading. How does everyone else handle this?

I'm making decent progress on my assignments although I'm having a bit of trouble on the networking one. Hopefully I'll be able to do it eventually.

And I had an awful moment in my E-Commerce class. The internet dies, meaning I couldn't do research to assist in the work. Then Microsoft Word crashed and deleted everything I had done (thankfully it wasn't too much, but still a bit). I was so mad! Luckily the teachers were understanding. Should be able to make progress on it some more next week.

So, today we had a test in math. I happened to be sick yesterday when everyone was informed about the test and reviewed some things. I had to kinda guess on the stuff I couldn't remember or wasn't even taught. I really didn't have to guess the most reasonable answer on most questions because I remembered most of the things, but a few. Also, I was pretty much zoning out in all of my classes since 1. I only had 30 minutes of sleep. 2. I was coming up ideas for my fanfics and how I was going to plan the next chapter for them. And 3. I wanted to get on here, Serebii Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    I'd like to know how other people deal with having a lot of pages to read for a lot of different classes all in a short period of time. I know I need to be in the right mindset to actually retain the information, and I can look at all of the words but not actually understand exactly what I'm reading. How does everyone else handle this?
    I know the feeling. I have the same problem too. When I have a lot of reading to do, I set a quota for the amount of reading I would get done that day for each class. That worked for the most part in the getting it read department, but I'm afraid I have no advice about retaining it. I'm having serious issues with that as well.

Done with midterm week. I bombed my Alg2/Trig midterm, and don't know how I did on the others... I thought I did great in Alg2/Trig. I still have regular classes tomorrow, too. Couldn't we just get Friday off?
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Ah, it feels so relaxing to not have that much homework after an essay that kept me up until one last night. All I've done today is relax on my bed and watch YouTube videos, since I only have a little bit of homework.

Alas, time to read A Separate Peace and finish an assignment for Health. If I have enough time maybe I'll get started on another essay.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Italia View Post
    Yeah, I'm going through the same exact thing. I mean, I've been blaming marching for why I'm so behind this week, but I'm really scared that I'm just never gonna catch up and completely **** up my GPA. I've decided it's impossible for me to study in my dorm because there's WAY to may distractions so I'm gonna go to the campus center where there'll be other people studying. When I'm reading something, I bring a highlighter with me (orange has been scientifically supported as the best highlighter color for memory retention) and i google words i don't know and write their definitions on the margin.

If you're not in college or whatever you call it in your region (Uni, 6th form, etc.) then my advice is to get out of the house and go to a library, bring a highlighter if you're allowed to use them on the reading material, look up words, meaning you'll need internet connection, and take notes if it's something complicated. Believe me when I say that I, myself, think it sounds like a lot of work, but who ever said top grades were earned easily (in college, at least)?

P.S. I'm glad you actually mentioned this on here. Before you did, I was convinced I was the only one that had this issue and everyone else was either on their game or too lazy to care, so your post was almost comforting, in a way.

Credit to Brutaka

Just got a pretty foreboding email from Royal Holloway regarding my application. Apparently all Creative Writing candidates have to complete two assignments in addition to their normal application, and the brief, found here, is pretty scary sounding - to me, anyway. The first one sounds pretty simple, but I'm feeling apprehensive about the second one. I don't know what they're expecting tbh, I'm figure I'm up against some pretty stiff competition.
    Last edited by Poetry; 31st January 2014 at 8:07 PM.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

I only missed two questions on that test in math.

I hate grading. Mostly labs and homework though. I don't mind grading exams.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Yeah, I'm going through the same exact thing. I mean, I've been blaming marching for why I'm so behind this week, but I'm really scared that I'm just never gonna catch up and completely **** up my GPA. I've decided it's impossible for me to study in my dorm because there's WAY to may distractions so I'm gonna go to the campus center where there'll be other people studying. When I'm reading something, I bring a highlighter with me (orange has been scientifically supported as the best highlighter color for memory retention) and i google words i don't know and write their definitions on the margin.

If you're not in college or whatever you call it in your region (Uni, 6th form, etc.) then my advice is to get out of the house and go to a library, bring a highlighter if you're allowed to use them on the reading material, look up words, meaning you'll need internet connection, and take notes if it's something complicated. Believe me when I say that I, myself, think it sounds like a lot of work, but who ever said top grades were earned easily (in college, at least)?

P.S. I'm glad you actually mentioned this on here. Before you did, I was convinced I was the only one that had this issue and everyone else was either on their game or too lazy to care, so your post was almost comforting, in a way.
    What I usually do is just write down all of the bolded words in a chapter so that I have them for later. I used to try outlining chapters, but I am really bad at figuring out exactly what is important, and what isn't. I don't think I can highlight words considering most of my books are rentals, but if I could I definitely would.

I have two exams next week and a paper due Tuesday, which I have barely started on. This week is going to be awful.

I'm really enjoying this weekend. My week was so busy with math homework, I'm giving myself this time to relax before the week starts up again. On a somewhat unrelated note, our school's basketball team just ended Arizona's perfect win streak (60-58), so things got pretty exciting around here. I'm not a big sports guy, but I don't need to follow sports to know it's a big deal.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Just hit me yesterday that I only have two months of school left before I leave - forever. Of course I have exams, but I won't be having lessons anymore. It's a really strange feeling and I'm both happy and sad. I know I'm going to cry on the last day, heh... I feel like school is the place I grew up, in a different way to how I could have at home. All those dramas and petty arguments and worries seem really small now. I really hope I'll be able to keep my best friends, too, but you never can know.

Anyway, yeah, just needed to get that off my chest xD I still have homework to do for the moment, though -_-

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I'm in 9th grade. My seniors, including some of my best friends and people I'm very close to, are leaving.
    Such feelings.
    Much emotion.
    ... wow.

~Deadly
    Shoot Confirmed.

the Writers of Justice + the Fanfiction Mafia

banner and userbar by the fantastic Brutaka / gif by a friend

PokeCommunity . Writers of Justice . FanFiction.Net

Geometry is literally the devil. I hate that class so much. I mean, the teacher is great but the content is stupid. Like when will I use this. What job application will ask me to prove triangle ABC congruent to triangle XYZ? Or tell me what a perpendicular bisector is? Anyone else feel this way when they took geometry?
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Just got back to my dorm from MetLife Stadium and I have a **** ton of homework and essays to do. Oh wait, I have to eat and shower first. I guess I won't sleep tonight...

Credit to Brutaka

Page 404 of 446 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414 ... LastLast