Page 415 of 446 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,375 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by moot View Post
    i have told myself that every year for the last 8 years, it never happens
    *sigh*
    Well, glad to know I'm not the only one. Speaking of I have an test that I really need to study for, yet...I am posting here.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I still can't get over this service event I did with my key club yesterday, it was fun! We went to this family shelter and cleaned it for several hours, and I met so much people. I even met some UC students who helped me and told me the do's and don't's of high school. I really hope I can become even more active next year with key club, and I hope to attend the same event next year.

Wow, I'm surprised I actually managed to convince myself to work on AP homework today that's due on Friday. What's going on with me? This rarely happens! I guess it's because I felt really sleep deprived last week, in fact during school once I felt so tired and I had such a huge migraine that I felt like I was going to pass out.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    *sigh*
    Well, glad to know I'm not the only one. Speaking of I have an test that I really need to study for, yet...I am posting here.
    What subject is the test for?
    Hello I'm looking for a Shaymin in order to acquire all the events
    White friend code is 1075 6786 7960
    White 2 Friend code is 3912 5384 7221
    Y friend code:2836 0178 6989 Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigylyph, Gothrita

Well, after four agonising months of waiting, I finally have responses from all five of my uni choices.

Amazingly, all my applications were successful except for Nottingham, on account of me screwing up the interview somewhat (the uni itself was really nice, but the city seemed like a horrible place to live to be honest, so that was kind of a mixed blessing). Falmouth and Royal Holloway, while incredibly desirable places to study, want an A and a B in English and Psychology and at least a Merit 2 (about a B also) in Art, which, frankly speaking, just ain't gonna happen. I'll most likely make my firm and insurance choices Bath Spa and Winchester since they only want 320-340 UCAS points - which equates to me getting a BCC this year. I'll regret not being able to study at Holloway's amazing campus, but their (and my) standards are just too low. Yay for half-arsery.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Quote Originally Posted by James2344 View Post
    What subject is the test for?
    English. I passed it. There was this one question that I was very sure that I got right, but I got it wrong. And there were several questions that I had absolutely no clue what the answer was, and I go them right. So it balances itself out XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Most of my teachers insist on never setting the due date for Fridays, so I've got a French test, another physics test, a geography test, and a health project due Thursday. And then a math test on Friday... the teachers've been kind of slow going through the curriculum, so now they cram everything. It took 7 months to finish half of the curriculum for science, I can't wait to see how I'll learn all the rest in just 3 months...

Wow, I should've done so much homework today but I just did the homework that's due tomorrow. So much for me bragging about being productive yesterday, haha. Oh well. I have late-start on Wednesday (school starts an hour late! Woohoo!) so I'm thinking of staying up late tomorrow studying and working on AP homework.

Safari:

Sleep is generally a good thing, especially when facing a 6 hour school day immediately followed by a 5 hour work shift... but I have a research paper that's due in, oh... *looks at watch* about 11 hours and I haven't even started yet! Yaaaaaaaaaay...
    ~Author's Profile ||~|| <Fly High Graphics> ~
    ~rTTL: Chapter 3: 31% ||~|~|~|| rAVT : Chapter 2: 0%~

First term is nearly over, the perfect to end it is to have a chemistry test -_-
    I have claimed

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Spock View Post
    English. I passed it. There was this one question that I was very sure that I got right, but I got it wrong. And there were several questions that I had absolutely no clue what the answer was, and I go them right. So it balances itself out XD
    Congrats, I once had a test that I failed by 1 mark, 3 questions in a row I had the right answer then crossed it out. luckily it didn't count to anything
    Hello I'm looking for a Shaymin in order to acquire all the events
    White friend code is 1075 6786 7960
    White 2 Friend code is 3912 5384 7221
    Y friend code:2836 0178 6989 Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigylyph, Gothrita

I really need to stop second guessing myself. I took a quiz today, and it turns out I got this one question right the first time, but I erased it and put something else.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Sitting here in class waiting for the guitar model to render out so I can turn it in. I didn't bevel it like I should've so its edges aren't as round as they should be, but I'm just all "F*** it" because it was a bit of a pain trying to figure out how to model the stupid thing. Meanwhile, the textures aren't showing up correctly (but it's not glitchy), so I don't know what the problem is there, whether it's the size or not, I don't know. Class is almost over anyway, so I'm just going to turn it in the way it is.

I honestly find it ironic how I'm doing much better in Visual FX II (in which I struggled with last term with Visual FX I), and yet for some reason I'm pretty much at a "C" in 3D Modelling, and I'd like to get into animation. I'm not sure if it's because Cinema 4D has just thrown me off or what.

And I just realized the camera angle is a little wonky, but I'm not rendering it out again. I'm done with this project, I'm going onto the chessboard project.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I really need to stop second guessing myself. I took a quiz today, and it turns out I got this one question right the first time, but I erased it and put something else.
    Ugh, I have a different problem, but it's really bugging me too. After each exam my new AP Human teacher assigns us test corrections to help us understand the material better, and I noticed in my last test that I got some questions wrong simply because I marked the wrong answer. I told myself to be more careful with filling in the answers this time, but I'm doing the test corrections right now and I'm still encountering the same problem...

Safari:

It's finally our summer break here!Things turn out different this sem. and worst!. But still I don't feel like I am taking a break out of the University.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

I heard somewhere that, 90% of the time your first answer will be better than anything else in multiple choice. Probably not statistically true, but I think usually it's better to go with your gut.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

There's this group of persons (not an error) who purposely act unintelligent and annoying.
    This is a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    I heard somewhere that, 90% of the time your first answer will be better than anything else in multiple choice. Probably not statistically true, but I think usually it's better to go with your gut.
    Yeah, I've heard that too. And pretty much every time I second guess myself, I was right the first time =/

Just took my programing mid term today. Easy. On an even happier note, my two week spring vacation starts today. Envy me.
    LOOKING FOR ITEMS? I GOT YOU COVERED
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

I HAVE CLAIMED BAHAMUT, KING OF SUMMONS
    FC 1550 8079 7411

finally,after an easter egg hunt,turning in an essay,wataching the wave movie(don't ask),i'm on my spring break,just finally
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //

credit to froststorm

The other day I got really annoyed and stressed over the computer network assignment. I passed one of the criteria's ages ago, but then I was told to add more to it, even though I'd already passed it. Meaning I couldn't get the help I needed on the criteria I was actually stuck on. I got very lucky, however, teacher helped me out a bit later on. Not too sure if this means I will fall behind a little bit on E-Commerce, but I'm doing well on that one so it shouldn't be too hard I guess.

Easter break has started for me now. Stress free from college for two weeks. I think I need it.

Has anyone ever taken the AP Bio exam? It's only a month away and I don't feel prepared because my teacher is basically teaching it as a review of regular biology instead of as an AP class

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post
    Has anyone ever taken the AP Bio exam? It's only a month away and I don't feel prepared because my teacher is basically teaching it as a review of regular biology instead of as an AP class
    I took it when I was in high school. You might be more prepared than you think you are. What all have you covered?

Hey folks,
    I'm an instructor at a university. I teach on a weekly basis as a graduate student while I write my thesis. I figured I'd give you some advice for college. (If you're still in high school, then some of this applies).
    First, always give the instructor a heads up if you're going to be absent on a more-important-than-usual day (every day should be considered important, but obviously they're not). This counts for tests or a critical lecture. Sending an email 3 hours or days after the fact is really rude. I like my students to give me a heads up far in advance if the absence is planned and then a reminder right before the date. It helps us plan for the class and to give you better instruction if needed. I plan room in my syllabus for one absence so it's not necessary for you to message us every time you're sick, but if there's some ongoing issue, then let us know (you don't have to go into detail about it).
    Second, sending emails at 1 in the morning is not acceptable. You have to respect our time because we do have lives outside of the classroom, too. This fares similarly to emailing us an hour before a planned meeting saying you can't be there... or not showing up for a meeting at all.
    Lastly, we are willing to work with you. This goes for almost every instructor; if they don't stay to talk with you after class or give you clear advice and guidance, then they're probably not a good teacher. I will sit down with my students and walk them through what they don't understand until they get it. This doesn't mean we will hold your hands, but it does mean that we care about your success.

I hope that helps for those that are in college, plan to go to college, or possibly in high school.

Curator of Pokémon Fractals: Making fractal backgrounds of your favorite Pokémon
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    Trainer & 3DS Name: Elliott

I took it when I was in high school. You might be more prepared than you think you are. What all have you covered?
    Evolution, Properties of Water, Metabolism, Diffusion, Cells/Organelles, and we're in the middle of Mitosis/Meiosis

I'm worried because I looked at some practice tests and I don't know the specific names for enzymes and amino acids and things like that. I was confused on the extended responses too because our labs aren't as organized as they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post
    Evolution, Properties of Water, Metabolism, Diffusion, Cells/Organelles, and we're in the middle of Mitosis/Meiosis

I'm worried because I looked at some practice tests and I don't know the specific names for enzymes and amino acids and things like that. I was confused on the extended responses too because our labs aren't as organized as they should be.
    Yikes, okay yeah, that's really not being taught as an AP class. You might want to do some reading on your own seeing as your teacher isn't teaching it well it seems.

Page 415 of 446 FirstFirst ... 315365405411412413414415416417418419425 ... LastLast