Page 418 of 446 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,450 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

A humongous geography test tomorrow, and a French test and a science test next week. Not to mention various English presentations. I'd be glad to be gone from school all of next week if I didn't have to do it all on the Monday after. D:

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    My theater paper is done, my statistics assignment is done, all that's left is a revision of a paper, a short extra credit paper, and then finals. After that I can finally go home! But then I'm taking organic chemistry over the summer....
    Haha, I'm thinking of self-studying AP European History next year (though I probably won't) since I want to get used to being involved with more than one AP, so I'm planning on studying it this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    A humongous geography test tomorrow, and a French test and a science test next week. Not to mention various English presentations. I'd be glad to be gone from school all of next week if I didn't have to do it all on the Monday after. D:
    That's strange, I have a test for geography tomorrow as well. It's our last two chapters in AP Human Geography and then it's off to studying for the actual exam.

:::

Got my courses yesterday. I do not have ANY classes related to my STEM program AT ALL, and I need to complete fifty credits worth of STEM classes by the time I graduate for me to complete the program. I only enrolled halfway through the year (another disadvantage of entering a public high school after attending a private middle school) so I only had one STEM class, which was only five credits. This means that I will have to take 45 credits worth of these classes in junior and senior year if I want to complete the program. Unfortunately, I'm not really interested in pursuing a career in technology anymore (watch me change my mind when I go to college lol) and the STEM classes will take up space for better classes (AP classes, classes with higher GPA, etc.) so I'm thinking of dropping out. I tried finding my counselor today to talk about my situation to see if I can stay in STEM while getting the classes I want but I couldn't find her at all. I'll try finding her tomorrow, but if I can't find her by Monday (when course change requests are due), I'll probably end up dropping out by the end of sophomore year.

Also, on my schedule was this class called Mythology. Did any of you guys take a mythology class when you were in high school? What is it like? I'm kind of afraid about how it will turn out, since I don't recall choosing the class as one of my main choices during course selection night, so I have a feeling it will end up being one of those classes most students don't sign up for. I talked to one of my friends though and she said it's supposed to be very challenging and fun, though. I heard my English teacher talking about it as well and he said it's a lot of writing, which is both a good thing and a bad thing.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Also, on my schedule was this class called Mythology. Did any of you guys take a mythology class when you were in high school? What is it like? I'm kind of afraid about how it will turn out, since I don't recall choosing the class as one of my main choices during course selection night, so I have a feeling it will end up being one of those classes most students don't sign up for. I talked to one of my friends though and she said it's supposed to be very challenging and fun, though. I heard my English teacher talking about it as well and he said it's a lot of writing, which is both a good thing and a bad thing.
    It doesn't sound that bad, though I've personally never heard of any class like that around here. It sounds like a mixture of english, history, and... social sciences?

So I've learned a ton of new exciting stuff about my math final in about two weeks. A lot of the information is extremely helpful and raises my hopes about getting a good grade in that class, but I'm not so worried about whether or not I'll pass (C or better). I'm an Applied Math major, so there'd be serious problems if I didn't think I'd pass a calculus class, after all. But the one thing that does worry me is this:

the class scores from among these possible 500 points will be curved, where:
    the top 20% will receive A's (A+,A, or A-);
    the next 30% will receive B's (B+,B, or B-);
    and an appropriate cut-off for the grades of C+, C, D, and F will be chosen.
    I've always known classes that do that, but I was hoping this wouldn't be a problem until future classes. More proof of my school's insane math program trying to prune the students who aren't good enough. Still, I'm sure I'll end up in the top 50% of the class, so I should be able to come out with at least a B. That alone is a huge accomplishment in this class.

Now, back to finishing the last page and a half of my 8 page essay about burritos.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I haven't been on serbii forever, but i have 3 more finals next week and then Im done for the semester!

OMG, I missed breeding shiny Pokemon :3

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

I have finals week coming up! Lucky for me, I have 2 take home exams, so that leaves me 2 classes to study for! The heat isn't helping things and is making me lazy and unmotivated.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Yay my first final is over with! I don't have another till Tuesday, so I've got time to study for them.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Maths test coming up on Monday, I've studied for it I guess....
    I have claimed

I think I actually did well on my Business Calc II test yesterday. I skipped my first class (that I have an A in) to study for the test. Right now I have a D in the class but my grade in this class doesn't matter. Only the first Business Calculus course does.

I have 3 days of class left until finals. It'll be my last week as a student at that college. However, the university I'm transferring to shares the same campus as the community college I currently go to, so I'll still be there, but I'll just be taking university level courses.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

So, my exams which determine whether or not I get into university start tomorrow with English in the morning and Economics in the afternoon. Then the second papers of each are on Tuesday. After that, my next exam is on Friday, so fortunately I have time to revise for that. Luckily, everything will be over on 17th May, and the week after will be expo, so I'm really excited for that!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Why the hell should I have the FASFA 2014-2015 completed when I'm on my last two classes, and am expected to graduate in July? I'm financially covered through October of this year. We did this back in December with the Parent Plus loan or whatever, what is the reasoning behind us going through FAFSA again when I thought we were done with FAFSA the last time we filled it out?

And yeah, I got the e-mail on Thursday about it, and just now saw it when I went to check the schedule, but if I had to fill out something during the last term, someone would've reminded me about it through e-mail or whatnot. So why now? Considering I'm unable to completely do FASFA myself because I don't have all of my parents' information and I told them over and over again that I couldn't fill it out myself on the spot because of that...

Ugh... I swear there's something wrong with the financial aid system for college...
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Why the hell should I have the FASFA 2014-2015 completed when I'm on my last two classes, and am expected to graduate in July? I'm financially covered through October of this year. We did this back in December with the Parent Plus loan or whatever, what is the reasoning behind us going through FAFSA again when I thought we were done with FAFSA the last time we filled it out?

And yeah, I got the e-mail on Thursday about it, and just now saw it when I went to check the schedule, but if I had to fill out something during the last term, someone would've reminded me about it through e-mail or whatnot. So why now? Considering I'm unable to completely do FASFA myself because I don't have all of my parents' information and I told them over and over again that I couldn't fill it out myself on the spot because of that...

Ugh... I swear there's something wrong with the financial aid system for college...
    Agree. I have a scholarship for the past 3 years and they always gave me a hard time with filling out stuff. It stinks that most of us can't fill out FAFSA because it requires parents' information, which isn't always accessible.
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I'm mildly annoyed by senior year right now.
    So, it's May..I think we all know that :P
    But, I expected for the teachers to just lay back, but noooo, I'm getting more work, and my english teacher is killing me. I understand that it's college prep english, but seriously? We the work is ridiculous. I manga to work day and night to obtain straight A's and B's. It's just too much...oh I didn't even start studying for my AP Biology test. Sucks to suck.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Going on a week-long field trip, too bad the teachers are hunkering down and throwing mountains of tests and homework at the students. So I get to kick back and relax (well, relatively) but the week after that, hell is going to be unleashed. I try not to think about it.

And to all the AP students in the world, I wish you luck for the rest of the month.

Thank you based Turpoo

didn't even start studying for AP! hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    didn't even start studying for AP! hahahah
    I only realized it was AP month when my younger cousin started posting things about it, lol. You better get studying then, especially if you're taking any of the sciences.

Lol I'm taking AP biology. I didn't start because I don't have time to study due to the crap loads of work that's given to me.

I have an AP Spanish Language test on Tuesday, so I'm kind of worried about that. But I'm really nervous for my AP World History test next week. I paid absolutely no attention in that class the entire year, so I'm seriously debating not taking it at all.
    "And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to. It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore. "- Paramore<3

Ugh, I should really start reading my prep book for AP Human Geography, but my teacher's assigning us all this homework that I doubt will even help us with the exam, since he's only teaching this subject since our original AP Human teacher left because she got a better job (lol). In fact, I should get back on doing the homework, I still have sixty vocabulary words to do, I plan on getting them done before midnight.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Totally didn't realize it was AP exam time. I actually never studied for any of my exams in my high school years, so I only ever got a 3 or 4 on any of them. Except for Calculus, I still got a 5 on that one. In my defense, 10 AP exams over 3 years is a lot to tackle, especially when you add extracurriculars. Not like the scores really made much of a difference, since I'm still going into my second year of college with Junior standing. Don't be like me and neglect studying, though, I'm just smart a bad influence. Have fun with those exams. If you pass them, it will all be worth it.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

The maths test today was fairly simple hoping to get a good mark for it
    I have claimed

I'm glad I never took AP classes. No stress, and I actually ended up doing better in the college equivalent of some of the classes than I did in the high school classes. My college GPA is almost a whole point higher than my high school GPA.

Also got my last BCal II test grade back... 95 *****ES!

Saved my semester. The ONE mistake I made on the test was putting a negative sign instead of leaving a number positive.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 5th May 2014 at 6:28 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Phew, I only have 2 more weeks left in the school year, I don't think I've ever wanted summer vacation more. This has been a rough year, hope to get a better job so I can get that laptop I've been eyeing for a while.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

First day of the great big field trip, but I feel like I haven't been to school in three years. Hopefully I don't completely forget all of the content for the tests and presentations next week.

Meanwhile, the homework sits next to me, laughing.

Page 418 of 446 FirstFirst ... 318368408414415416417418419420421422428 ... LastLast