Page 421 of 444 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,525 of 11093

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Congrats to all the new graduates! As for myself, i finished my final year of my 2nd undergrad degree (graduated 1 year ago (3 years at college) in political science, getting 2nd degree in sociology)). Decided to do an extra year b/c i didn't think i was quite ready for law school. Two degrees earned now, i'm getting ready to transition from seasoned college student to law school nublett. On a different note, i'd caution you (Keysmash) on taking full IB. I have had the luxury of going to the only school in Louisiana that offers it (most exceptional schools here use AP, ours uses both programs) and i'd say only do it if you are confident that you can succeed in it. I wasn't a particularly phenomenal student in high school (B average would describe me), yet i did take ~3-4 IB classes (History, Geography, Art, Math). The classes are in some ways tougher than some entry-level college courses, and if you want to succeed you will have to put in a great deal of work if you want to earn an A in them and score high (i'm assuming it still uses the 7 point scale). If you're a straight A student, take it. My sister who currently attends UGA (received offers from Tulane, UVA, Duke, other acceptable institutions) was a straight A student and took the diploma program. Although it was stressful at times, she did perform well in it. Basically, it comes down to how much you think you can devote to studying for the program.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Congrats to all the new graduates! As for myself, i finished my final year of my 2nd undergrad degree (graduated 1 year ago (3 years at college) in political science, getting 2nd degree in sociology)). Decided to do an extra year b/c i didn't think i was quite ready for law school. Two degrees earned now, i'm getting ready to transition from seasoned college student to law school nublett. On a different note, i'd caution you (Keysmash) on taking full IB. I have had the luxury of going to the only school in Louisiana that offers it (most exceptional schools here use AP, ours uses both programs) and i'd say only do it if you are confident that you can succeed in it. I wasn't a particularly phenomenal student in high school (B average would describe me), yet i did take ~3-4 IB classes (History, Geography, Art, Math). The classes are in some ways tougher than some entry-level college courses, and if you want to succeed you will have to put in a great deal of work if you want to earn an A in them and score high (i'm assuming it still uses the 7 point scale). If you're a straight A student, take it. My sister who currently attends UGA (received offers from Tulane, UVA, Duke, other acceptable institutions) was a straight A student and took the diploma program. Although it was stressful at times, she did perform well in it. Basically, it comes down to how much you think you can devote to studying for the program.
    Thanks for the warning. I'm no straight-A student, though I hope that the A+s even out the playing field. :P Then I guess it's time to take the plunge. Better more academic stress now than later, in post-secondary, what with the new environment, housing, finance problems, etc.

After a few weeks of crying, I'm almost finished with my first draft of my art history class's term paper. I panicked for a bit when I realized that I knew nothing of the antebellum era in art, but then I remembered that it just meant the Neoclassical era so now I'm happy again.

I'm a few weeks ahead of schedule so I'll probably finish early.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Gonna pop an AP test tomorrow, followed by teaching a class for my BSA troop and gathering information on a future camping trip. I'm hoping I'll have enough energy for the last two!

GIFSoup
    Where's the cake?!?

Quote Originally Posted by MedMana View Post
    Gonna pop an AP test tomorrow, followed by teaching a class for my BSA troop and gathering information on a future camping trip. I'm hoping I'll have enough energy for the last two!
    Which one are you doing? I'm doing AP Human Geography tomorrow!

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Good luck to all the AP students for this week and next week! Hope you guys get college cred
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

I'm turning in my last essay for the semester tomorrow and it feels great to be done. Went from 2 pages on Sunday morning, and now late Monday night, I'm done with all 10 pages analyzing injuries in Pedro Calderón de la Barca's The Surgeon of his Honor. Not a perfect essay, but I think it will work out decently in the end. I guess it's true that I work well under extreme pressure. Now to survive finals and I'll be done for the semester. Then I can spend the next three months doing nothing and waiting patiently for Hoenn.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

jealous, my break doesn't start til the end of june (and it's only 5 weeks long)
    life is
    a game

just got a $10,000 scholarship offer from OSU for next year + a $5,000 offer for 2015-16

which means i'm gonna be paying a whopping $2,000 for tuition/fees this year

everything is legit
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I did horrible on my AP test it was just hard--each question was literally a paragraph long D:
    The essay was pretty easy though
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Delux

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    just got a $10,000 scholarship offer from OSU for next year + a $5,000 offer for 2015-16

which means i'm gonna be paying a whopping $2,000 for tuition/fees this year

everything is legit
    Congrats! Milk those scholarships! If you get anymore you could pay $0 to go to school and then get some extra for living off-campus.

Curator of Pokémon Fractals: Making fractal backgrounds of your favorite Pokémon
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    Trainer & 3DS Name: Elliott

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshipper9000 View Post
    I did horrible on my AP test it was just hard--each question was literally a paragraph long D:
    The essay was pretty easy though
    Get used to it, you're going to have a lot of those in college. (mainly 3000 level + courses)
    As long as you answered every part of the question to the best of your ability you should do well.

Serebii.net Claims:

Studying for my first final for tonight. After this final, it will be a stroll in the park and my summer will start this Friday. I woke up this morning and found out I got a scholarship to pay for my tuition this fall!
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Get used to it, you're going to have a lot of those in college. (mainly 3000 level + courses)
    As long as you answered every part of the question to the best of your ability you should do well.
    I know, but man, the question was so long that i kept forgetting what was it even asking
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Delux

Gauss math contest tomorrow, though the teacher treats it more like an exam. It's basically an hour-long multiple choice quiz made by a provincial university. The mark given on this test isn't supposed to count, but the teachers still look at it and factor in a large portion of it into the final report card. I wasn't complaining last year (I got 95 in all strands of math, I think) but I'm not so sure now. Took a look at the website, and the average from the grade before to mine now drops significantly: the average is just over 50% D: You know you're in for a rough time when you see abysmal scores like that. Also took a practice test, and got 72%. Oh boy... I know I'm no A++ math student, but seriously?!

Final grades come in, and i finish with 3 A's and 1 B. Not bad considering i studied more for my LSAT and GRE tests than the subjects i took this year and the fact that i only went to maybe 10 classes for each class this semester.

Serebii.net Claims:

AP test tomorrow for US History. I'm not really worried about it perse, but it's a bit annoying to know that if I don't get a 4 or 5 it won't count for a credit for most colleges I'm looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    AP test tomorrow for US History. I'm not really worried about it perse, but it's a bit annoying to know that if I don't get a 4 or 5 it won't count for a credit for most colleges I'm looking at.
    What colleges are you looking at? I thought most school accepted 3's?

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Mostly colleges in Virginia. I would've thought that they'd accept a 3 but nope. Luckily I got a 4 last year for World History so I at least have one less class to take in college.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    For me (Stanford year 1(homesick), LSU rest of undergrad) i remember that IB and AP scores that were accepted for credit usually had to be 4's or 5's. There are some advanced classes (3000+) that can be passed out of as well for both AP and IB, but i believe you have to score in the 6's or 7's to get credit for them.

Serebii.net Claims:

For me (Stanford year 1(homesick), LSU rest of undergrad) i remember that IB and AP scores that were accepted for credit usually had to be 4's or 5's. There are some advanced classes (3000+) that can be passed out of as well for both AP and IB, but i believe you have to score in the 6's or 7's to get credit for them.
    That explains it. I know that the UC's only accept 4's and 5's as well. I think some state schools will accept 3's, but depending on the subject and the department.

Wow, my AP test was a lot harder than I thought. I'm not going to disclose any of the content within the exam, but all I'm going to say is that the questions were a lot harder than I thought. In addition, there were just some material that I didn't realize I needed to study, and I was somewhat arrogant last night since I thought I understood most of the material so all I did was take a practice test (which I got a "5" on) and study for 30 minutes (lol). At least the essay was easy, though, in fact if it weren't for the essay I would probably feel a lot worse about how I did. I think I got a 4, and I was mainly aiming for a 5, but oh well. Hopefully it won't hurt my transcript.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Wow, my AP test was a lot harder than I thought. I'm not going to disclose any of the content within the exam, but all I'm going to say is that the questions were a lot harder than I thought In addition, there were just some material that I didn't realize I needed to study, and I was somewhat arrogant last night since I thought I understood most of the material so all I did was take a practice test (which I got a "5" on) and study for 30 minutes (lol). At least the essay was easy, though, in fact if it weren't for the essay I would probably feel a lot worse about how I did. I think I got a 4, and I was mainly aiming for a 5, but oh well. Hopefully it won't hurt my transcript.
    What subject was it?

Finished Thermals/fluids Engineering I with a 84.5, 60, and 73 on the final for a final grade of 78.5 for an A- in the class LETS GOOOO LOL.
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by Queequeg View Post
    Finished Thermals/fluids Engineering I with a 84.5, 60, and 73 on the final for a final grade of 78.5 for an A- in the class LETS GOOOO LOL.
    I'm a little surprised that i'm surprised that a 78.5% in a class got you an A. That's a pretty crazy curve, but not the craziest i've heard of. Probably the craziest was my first year at LSU when i took an astronomy class as an elective. The guy teaching us was an MIT professor in the past and his class was insanely hard. I got a 43% in the class and got an A. The curve in the class was ~51% on a 10 point scale (90%+ = A). I don't think that anyone can beat that one.

Serebii.net Claims:

Page 421 of 444 FirstFirst ... 321371411417418419420421422423424425431 ... LastLast