Page 422 of 446 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432 ... LastLast
Results 10,526 to 10,550 of 11144

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

I finished my first final for Aural Rehab! I'm actually feeling decent about that test. The questions looked familiar and we had to fill out a chart explaining what sort of treatment should you give to the client based off the audiograms. So I can say they need a certain hearing aid type, cochlear implant, etc. I think I'll do fine, maybe a B at worse. I'm hoping for an A though. Good thing my school doesn't do A-, A+, etc.

Now to study for another final for tomorrow: Pagan Culture!
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    I'm a little surprised that i'm surprised that a 78.5% in a class got you an A. That's a pretty crazy curve, but not the craziest i've heard of. Probably the craziest was my first year at LSU when i took an astronomy class as an elective. The guy teaching us was an MIT professor in the past and his class was insanely hard. I got a 43% in the class and got an A. The curve in the class was ~51% on a 10 point scale (90%+ = A). I don't think that anyone can beat that one.

Damn that's insane. This is a 2nd year engineering course at my school though and the averages were in the high 50s/low 60s but the highest grades on exams were only in the low 80s. I hope it doesn't get much worse later on but I've heard it does for some classes. I'm taking organic chemistry next semester, that should be interesting.
    "There is a tide in the affairs of men.
    Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
    Omitted, all the voyage of their life
    Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
    On such a full sea are we now afloat,
    And we must take the current when it serves,
    Or lose our ventures."
    -William Shakespeare Julius Caesar

I barely put in study time for my Chem Lab final but I guess I studied all the right stuff. It didn't seem to hard. I'm hoping I did well; this test could bump my grade up to a B. One more final tomorrow in 16 hours, and it's practically a GPA booster so as far as I'm concerned, my summer has unofficially started.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

All my grades are in!!!! I made an A in calc 2, the only A to save my from my C's and B's in other classes LOL, but mostly the damn C and C+. Now my GPA is teetering. but I dont have to worry about that if I have job experiences, right? right?

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by Kacho View Post
    All my grades are in!!!! I made an A in calc 2, the only A to save my from my C's and B's in other classes LOL, but mostly the damn C and C+. Now my GPA is teetering. but I dont have to worry about that if I have job experiences, right? right?
    Depends on the GPA and what you want to do. If you want a job straight out of college that doesn't require any type of testing/going into grad/law/med/etc. school it might. I graduated with a 3.0 but i had a GRE score in the 91st percentile (pretty good for a Louisiana herp derp like myself) and a LSAT in the 60th percentile (didn't study at all for it, so could've done much better, still got into law school though). At least for my line of work, they only care primarily about you graduating law school and passing the bar. I'd say if you have anything from a 3.0+ you're good. I don't know whether or not you're just starting college or near the end, so i can't tell where you stand. All i'd tell you is don't worry so much. The fact that you have job experience though is a major plus.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

So, I had the second maths exam today and it went really, really well. I felt like I got a pretty high mark, and there were only two or three marks where I thought what I did probably wasn't what they were looking for.

My only exam left now is German on Friday and then a super-long summer with Expo the weekend after next!

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Depends on the GPA and what you want to do. If you want a job straight out of college that doesn't require any type of testing/going into grad/law/med/etc. school it might. I graduated with a 3.0 but i had a GRE score in the 91st percentile (pretty good for a Louisiana herp derp like myself) and a LSAT in the 60th percentile (didn't study at all for it, so could've done much better, still got into law school though). At least for my line of work, they only care primarily about you graduating law school and passing the bar. I'd say if you have anything from a 3.0+ you're good. I don't know whether or not you're just starting college or near the end, so i can't tell where you stand. All i'd tell you is don't worry so much. The fact that you have job experience though is a major plus.
    I am near the end. But I dont have experiences in my major, yet LOL.

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Finished the math test today, really unsure because I think I bombed at least 4 out of the 5 most important questions (highest point worth). Expecting a 70-80%, maybe? Though no one really expects to get perfect. Got an 80-something on last year's, and got high 95s for all strands of math in the final report card. So... it can't be that bad, right? All in all, I don't really want to think about it...

Also had an English presentation today, spoken word poetry. The teacher wants me to present mine to a wider audience because I seem 'comfortable' with public speaking D: Not sure how that'll work out, but I'm not entirely dreading it either.

Things are getting more and more hectic as the end nears. Well, sort of. Still 6 or 7 weeks left. But there's another physics test tomorrow, then a french the week after, then a cumulative geo project... and, oh, right, the overnight field trip everyone makes a big deal of since 4th grade. -_- Not looking forward to summer either, because I'll have to really start hunkering down and putting real time and energy into school for next year. So, just taking things as they come for now.

Aaaaand my AP Gov test was a disappointment. I expected more from it, with all the hype those things get from it and what-not. At least I know I got a solid score on it, right?

GIFSoup
    Where's the cake?!?

Last final coming up in about 1 hour and then FREEEEEEDOMM for about 28 hours until I have to go to work. :/
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I took my final yesterday and was bumped out I got a 75% on it, but I did so well on the previous exams and assignments along with participation points that I got myself to an A. I still don't know how I did for my Tuesday exam, but I have to go to school today to turn in a take home exam. Just need to finish another take home final to send by email and I'll be free!
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

That physics test took forever, and it was only 15 questions, too: mostly true or false. Still, I had to stay all through geography with a couple of others to finish it. Thankfully there wasn't much happening in geo. And this isn't even nearing the end yet, jeez. A geometry test tomorrow and a poetry assignment due. D: At least it's a long weekend after.

This is my final year in Cambridge for mathematics. The pacing here is ridiculously fast such that I could not keep up. Functional analysis, algebraic number theory which drives me crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    I took my final yesterday and was bumped out I got a 75% on it, but I did so well on the previous exams and assignments along with participation points that I got myself to an A. I still don't know how I did for my Tuesday exam, but I have to go to school today to turn in a take home exam. Just need to finish another take home final to send by email and I'll be free!
    I like those take home exams but at the same time they kinda annoy me because when I'm at home, there's no way I'm going to think about doing a take home test. And also, this wasn't fair, but in one of my classes, there were these 2 twin girls, and you know damn well they worked on their test together, even though the instructor said no sharing answers with anyone.

Also my grades just came in.

Made an A in Business Statistics and a C in Business Calc II.

I must've done OK on the Calc exam today because I had a D in the class before taking the exam.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 15th May 2014 at 11:26 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    I like those take home exams but at the same time they kinda annoy me because when I'm at home, there's no way I'm going to think about doing a take home test. And also, this wasn't fair, but in one of my classes, there were these 2 twin girls, and you know damn well they worked on their test together, even though the instructor said no sharing answers with anyone.

Also my grades just came in.

Made an A in Business Statistics and a C in Business Calc II.

I must've done OK on the Calc exam today because I had a D in the class before taking the exam.
    Congrats. As for take home exams i kind of feel the same way, that's why i usually do them the first day i get it, because knowing how i procrastinate i'd put it off until the day before or the day before the day before.

Serebii.net Claims:

Congrats. As for take home exams i kind of feel the same way, that's why i usually do them the first day i get it, because knowing how i procrastinate i'd put it off until the day before or the day before the day before.
    I do that too. I tend to work on the take home exams the moment I get them so I can get it out of the way and focus on other priorities. I turned in my take home exam and I'm almost there! I have one more test that's take home, but I'm more or less done with it. I just need to edit it and make sure everything's ok before turning it in.

I graduated with a 3.0 but i had a GRE score in the 91st percentile (pretty good for a Louisiana herp derp like myself) and a LSAT in the 60th percentile (didn't study at all for it, so could've done much better, still got into law school though).
    were we separated at birth or something

because i graduated with a 3.2, had a GRE score in the 91st percentile, and... well, my LSAT score was 84th percentile but i also wasn't able to study for it for **** (thanks to every single one of my classes scheduling their midterm exams for the same general time span)
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    were we separated at birth or something

because i graduated with a 3.2, had a GRE score in the 91st percentile, and... well, my LSAT score was 84th percentile but i also wasn't able to study for it for **** (thanks to every single one of my classes scheduling their midterm exams for the same general time span)
    I wish...could use a brother given i'm the oldest of 4 (3 younger sisters) but i am older than you by a good many months. But yeah, i just didn't have the time to take classes on either and winged both of them. Just hard to find the time with a part time job (20 hr work week) + school work (even though i rarely ever went to class this semester). I almost have to laugh at people sometimes, regarding the GRE. You're afforded scratch paper and the use of a calculator (which i didn't know you could use and didn't so i had to work everything out in my head) and the test really doesn't cover anything that you learn at the collegiate level. I mean, if you have an expansive vocabulary and can put words together with sentences properly and have in my opinion high school senior/freshman college math skills you can't possibly do poorly on the test. Probably the worst part of the test are the essays, which in reality aren't anything greater than trivialities. Provide an opening statement about which stance you take on an issue, state the counterclaim, add points supporting the claim, add points weakening opposing claim, conclusion, win. Instant 5+ score on written part of test.

Serebii.net Claims:

Currently I'm waiting on three grades to see if I got above a 3.5 GPA and made Deans list. I'm at a 3.496 at the moment. As a side note, I'm really happy I passed my Music Theory course with a B when I was supposed to get a C thanks to the departments 7 point grading scale (Below an 85 is a C+). Yes, to extra credit Keyboard skills! I'm just really annoyed at my diction teacher for not posting grades right now.

This is my sig.

this just reminds me that i got screwed out of making the dean's list for my last semester of undergrad at OSU

because my grade in one class was less than 1% too low, dropping my GPA to 3.47
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    this just reminds me that i got screwed out of making the dean's list for my last semester of undergrad at OSU

because my grade in one class was less than 1% too low, dropping my GPA to 3.47
    I feel lucky that my school doesn't base my gpa on percentages. We only have A-F. No + or -, just solid grades. So you can imagine how happy I am when I get that borderline A and not have to worry about it lowering my gpa.

I finished my finals today where I turned in my take home exam this morning. Now waiting for my exams to be graded and for my grades to be posted online. Now I have to continue studying for the GRE and hope for the best when I take it next week.

Well, all my exams finished yesterday, so now I'm completely finished for the summer! Until mid-late September. All I have to do now is sit tight and wait for results to see if I've gotten into my chosen unis...

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I barely made Dean's List this time around. I thought the highest I could get for Chem Lab was a B for the class, but because my final was so much higher than the average, my grade practically changed from a C to a B+! So my GPA for the semester was something like a 3.514. It's not my ideal GPA, because I know I could do better, but it's still a good one. Of course, when I tell my mom, she's surprised and expects higher than that. *Groans*

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Yay! So I finished my last bio test on friday, and were wrapping other chapters in other classes. My finals will seem easy, but I'm scared for the math one, because there are two chapters I absolutely have no idea on.

Anyways, so yeah, my senior year is wrapping up, and I'm psyched. I'm not really excited for college because I feel like it's the same scenario in terms of studying. But, at least there's the summer where I can watch anime, and rewatch pokemon again ^^
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    I barely made Dean's List this time around. I thought the highest I could get for Chem Lab was a B for the class, but because my final was so much higher than the average, my grade practically changed from a C to a B+! So my GPA for the semester was something like a 3.514. It's not my ideal GPA, because I know I could do better, but it's still a good one. Of course, when I tell my mom, she's surprised and expects higher than that. *Groans*
    Which chem are you taking? Good job on that B+! I don't have as good luck in chem... It's my worse subject, which is why I'm not a biology major any more.

Ugh, I was raised in a household where getting a B anything is "not trying hard enough". Although I'm bad too where I view B's for any non-major courses as equivalent to C's or D's. When it comes to my major, I take B's, but I get disappointed because I have such high expectations of myself. It's a good thing because it pushes me to work hard, but it's also a bad thing because that means I get disappointed easily for petty reasons. I something wonder if I would still care about my grades as much if my major wasn't so competitive.

Page 422 of 446 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432 ... LastLast