Page 428 of 446 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438 ... LastLast
Results 10,676 to 10,700 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    That sucks :/ I'm sorry to hear it. Which course were you thinking of at uni? You'd probably still be able to get in through clearing if you needed to.
    Thanks, Roseheart. There may be places available on the course I wanted to pursue (Creative Writing), but the idea of having to choose where and what I'm going to study for the next three years in a matter of minutes is a really unnerving thought for me. I've heard a lot of horror stories about people who desperately wanted to go to uni so took a course at a place through clearing which they eventually ended up hating. I really don't want to take the risk and end up in that position.

To be really honest, I was never entirely sold on the idea of uni myself; it was more the combined pressure of the school and teachers and my lack of knowledge of alternative pathways which pushed me towards applying. I will have a look at what clearing has to offer, but the most likely thing I'll end up doing is try applying again next year for a foundation course (or for a undergraduate if I choose to retake) - or just start working or maybe take an apprenticeship. Whatever happens, I'm actually just glad to take a break from academia. I think I've had enough of education for the time being.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

We had no classes today because it's Independence Day in our country..XD
    One more week and we're about to start our prelims. Being a transferee makes me feel uneasy. I still miss my old course..tsktsk.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Had my last day of classes for the Semester today, I've also done over half my exams, only got 4 more to go then holidays

I'm going to be playing way too much pokemon
    Hello I'm looking for a Shaymin in order to acquire all the events
    White friend code is 1075 6786 7960
    White 2 Friend code is 3912 5384 7221
    Y friend code:2836 0178 6989 Friend Safari: Grumpig, Sigylyph, Gothrita

I got two tests back today and both of them were really bad grades. I hate o chem so much....

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Do you mean Calculus in differentiation and integration? I study that course quite thoroughly in university and it was called Analysis. Basically that course justifies all the assumptions on the standard results on differentiation rigorously. Later there is a course called Functional Analysis and it generalises to a more general spaces. You can have a look of lecture notes on the web to see how difficult the course is since there are plenty of theorems to remember.
    No plain differentiation. The focus was techniques of integration, sequences and series, and differential equations. That's already a reasonably difficult set of topics, but our math program really is notably difficult, and that has a lot to do with the university itself. One of the Calculus professors last Fall semester got into trouble because the class was supposedly too easy. It's more about taking professors here than it is about taking classes, since the professor has so much more weight on the class than the material itself.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Back from the band trip, I'm really tired, but it was pretty fun, overall. Still a day of school left tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I'll be skipping. Afterwards, I've two more weeks, and then school's out for the summer.

What was interesting, though, is that I got to tour a renown university on the trip. They only showed the music faculty (there on a band trip, after all) but it was really quite interesting. Being a bit of a music obsessor, seeing a Steinway on such a big stage was quite the pleasant shock. There was also a huge library dedicated just to the music faculty, with old orchestral scores taking up entire floors. It really does make me want to go into music at a higher education level, purely for the sake of liking to learn about the subject, but it's hard to see myself as being able to get a job going into the arts.

Is anybody else feeling retroactive stress from ACT/AP test results not being out yet?

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    I got two tests back today and both of them were really bad grades. I hate o chem so much....
    I FEEL YOU. That exact feeling when I was in second year taking organic chemistry. I find Organic Chemistry enjoyable when it comes to labs but not quite much when it comes to exams.XDXD bad days..bad memories..tsktsk.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

Quote Originally Posted by captainmisato View Post
    Is anybody else feeling retroactive stress from ACT/AP test results not being out yet?
    What is an ACT/ AP test? Talking about stress I am now waiting for my results next Wednesday and started to feel excited now.

What is an ACT/ AP test? Talking about stress I am now waiting for my results next Wednesday and started to feel excited now.
    The ACT is a standarized test taken by high school students to get into 4 year colleges. The ACT covers math, English, and science if I remembered correctly. The AP test are tests that can give you college credit for certain courses if passed with a certain score. What is on the AP test varies by the subject.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Thanks, Roseheart. There may be places available on the course I wanted to pursue (Creative Writing), but the idea of having to choose where and what I'm going to study for the next three years in a matter of minutes is a really unnerving thought for me. I've heard a lot of horror stories about people who desperately wanted to go to uni so took a course at a place through clearing which they eventually ended up hating. I really don't want to take the risk and end up in that position.

To be really honest, I was never entirely sold on the idea of uni myself; it was more the combined pressure of the school and teachers and my lack of knowledge of alternative pathways which pushed me towards applying. I will have a look at what clearing has to offer, but the most likely thing I'll end up doing is try applying again next year for a foundation course (or for a undergraduate if I choose to retake) - or just start working or maybe take an apprenticeship. Whatever happens, I'm actually just glad to take a break from academia. I think I've had enough of education for the time being.
    That's completely fair enough. I do feel that there's way too much pressure for sixth formers to apply to uni - in my school they made you go through the whole UCAS process, even if you weren't planning to apply - and they always went on about the high percentage of their students going to university, which shouldn't mean anything at all - university just isn't for everybody.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

That's completely fair enough. I do feel that there's way too much pressure for sixth formers to apply to uni - in my school they made you go through the whole UCAS process, even if you weren't planning to apply - and they always went on about the high percentage of their students going to university, which shouldn't mean anything at all - university just isn't for everybody.
    I thought UCAS is for everyone who wants to apply to UK university. Correct me if I am wrong because I also used UCAS when I applied for Cambridge from China.

Worst day at school today. I got a C+ for my Research Project after being promised an A for two of the three assignments. They gave the excuse, "Oh we made a mistake, it didn't meet some of the required criteria." BS
    Also had a Biology exam, but I think I did alright in that.

Why does school suck so much?
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

My last day of classes was today! It was awesome, but weird; this year seemed to fly by. Each of the ups and downs seem like they happened yesterday. Not that I'm complaining though. Now all I have to do is get through 5 finals and I'll be officially half way done with high school. I'm not sure if that's good or bad...
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

just accepted $18,000 of a maximum $20,500 loan for 2014-15

gonna use half of it to buy pop-tarts
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I approve of this use of money.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I thought UCAS is for everyone who wants to apply to UK university. Correct me if I am wrong because I also used UCAS when I applied for Cambridge from China.
    That's right - (I am in the UK) - they made every student in my year apply to university through UCAS, even if they didn't want to go to university and would just end up rejecting their offers.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

So, I know I finished school...but I have summer homework for my first semester in college. Doesn't seem ALL that bad though, I'm just tired of working after this year..
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

That's right - (I am in the UK) - they made every student in my year apply to university through UCAS, even if they didn't want to go to university and would just end up rejecting their offers.
    Was it the school's decision to force every student applying to it? I think that is nonsense for students who do not wish to study university and work instead. If I recall correctly then UCAS is subject to a charge so that would be a waste of money in my opinion.

Was it the school's decision to force every student applying to it? I think that is nonsense for students who do not wish to study university and work instead. If I recall correctly then UCAS is subject to a charge so that would be a waste of money in my opinion.
    I'm pretty sure it was the school's decision. And, yes, you do have to pay for UCAS, so yeah...

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    just accepted $18,000 of a maximum $20,500 loan for 2014-15

gonna use half of it to buy pop-tarts
    Damn well better be some Blueberry, Cherry and Strawberry poptarts in there or you fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by OfCorsola View Post
    So, I know I finished school...but I have summer homework for my first semester in college. Doesn't seem ALL that bad though, I'm just tired of working after this year..
    Summer homework?? I hope you're taking Summer School..otherwise...why?

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Summer homework?? I hope you're taking Summer School..otherwise...why?
    There may be some recommended reading for the first years in university. I also have that as well in my first year but it was not compulsory.

Bought a grad dress today after a weekend of wishy-washy. Not sure if the price tag was worth it, but it's actually pretty nice, so I'll let it slide (well, at least I'll convince my parents to). Thing is, there're two different grad events, one being the ceremony, during the day, and one the dinner and dance, all the way into the night. The dress is more suited for a 'party' style, so it's not exactly appropriate for the ceremony: suddenly, my mother says, "Hey, you can wear the suits we have at home, I don't want to buy any more of these for you."

Fingers crossed for tuxedo surprise appearance.

So I Got done with my psysics exam, and despite getting nothing but F's, I managed to score a B+.

Exams are overrated, good tip: drink a lot of water.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    So I Got done with my psysics exam, and despite getting nothing but F's, I managed to score a B+.

Exams are overrated, good tip: drink a lot of water.
    Drinking too much water does not quite help in the exams since toilet break probably cost some of the time. I drink plenty of water only if I was running very hard.

Page 428 of 446 FirstFirst ... 328378418424425426427428429430431432438 ... LastLast