Page 429 of 446 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439 ... LastLast
Results 10,701 to 10,725 of 11143

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    So I Got done with my psysics exam, and despite getting nothing but F's, I managed to score a B+.

Exams are overrated, good tip: drink a lot of water.
    LOL good effort. I'm finding out my biology exam results tomorrow, and I think I did alright, I answered every question with not many troubles. Yes, exams are overrated, my friends were telling me how hard it was, but it wasn't. They probably hadn't studied. Drinking water puts me out of sync, I listen to music on a low level TBH.

Wow, coincidence that my mate told me today that he winged his Physics exam and got the 4th best score in the class.
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

Had the final band concert of the year today: I forgot my instrument at home and I couldn't go back, so I ended up buying a new reed and making a clarinet out of bits and pieces of the ones in the storage room. It was barely playable, but at least I looked the part. Good thing, too, since the photoshoot was right after.

Freaking out about an exam on Wednesday. Not sure if I'm going to do well on it or not.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Freaking out about an exam on Wednesday. Not sure if I'm going to do well on it or not.
    Do you still have other papers to do later? Just keep calm and treat each paper independently. I have the worst experience on Paper 2 and 3 after I did Paper 1 reasonably well. But suddenly luck come to play and my final paper was even better than Paper 1.

A have a final exam this Thursday but I don't want to study because of the FIFA games Ugh >.>

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Just took my AP Euro entrance exam. It was surprisingly easy, and I'm pretty confident I got the necessary 90% needed to make it into AP Euro as a sophomore
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Me too, maybe I should stop faffing about on serebii, but working with commercials is so damn boring.

Not much happening, science project partner freaked out because I'd changed the angle of the support blocks. My partner for the year-end performance hasn't practised his part for a month, and I haven't been keeping up with the schedule either. The class started the algebra strand today and completely freaked out, etc. etc.

On a more interesting note, one of the boys' bathrooms got closed down for the day. Someone had stuffed a toilet to the brim with toilet paper, and flushed. As you can imagine, that didn't go over too well, and the principal herself made an annoucement, telling students to 'reconsider their actions'. This in turn incites many people to vote for the principal: the school is holding a fundraiser, and a vote costs ten dollars. The staff member with the most votes at the end gets to roll around in the mud. I doubt that it'll actually happen, but kids can dream...

I just wanted to go home as soon as possible now. I hate the graduation since I have to dress up in a hot day and my parents are coming too.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    I just wanted to go home as soon as possible now. I hate the graduation since I have to dress up in a hot day and my parents are coming too.
    I know this feeling. My college graduation ceremony lasted 3 hours and i had to wear long pants and a dress shirt under my cap and gown. Not a fun experience. It could've been worse though, the assembly center could've had no A/C.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Congrats to the Class of 2014! Good luck in college cause I've heard it's hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Koya View Post
    Congrats to the Class of 2014! Good luck in college cause I've heard it's hell.
    College isn't too bad in terms of workload (really depends on your major). It's hard to adjust if you're moving in to dorm, but if you commute, it feels somewhat like high school, but more freedom.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    I know this feeling. My college graduation ceremony lasted 3 hours and i had to wear long pants and a dress shirt under my cap and gown. Not a fun experience. It could've been worse though, the assembly center could've had no A/C.
    I don't plan to walk when I graduate college. I'll probably take off work on graduation day but I'm not dressing up and sitting outside in a big football stadium for several hours.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I'm soooo happy right now.
    Okay so first, I went through all my finals, except for the English one (I'm french canadian) on Friday, which won't be a problem at all. I kinda have this one in the bag. I honestly think I stressed way too much for most of them. And I've got some great results so far; 94% in my History final, 91% in my Mathematics (Natural Science) final and 100% in my English writing exam. Now all I want to know is if I passed the French finals, which was harder than I thought. Also curious about both my Science finals... They are looking good so far, though!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Do your colleges/universities make all the majors go to the same ceremony? Mine has to split up students by colleges because we have too many students. Liberal Arts has at least 3 sections of ceremonies at different times because it's so big.
    Disappearance: REWRITE (19/??)
    Author: Mitsukiharu (collaboration account)
    Summary: Legendary pokemon once resided with humans until war and bloodshed turned the center of Johto into a wasteland 150 years ago. The legendaries scattered to keep peace. 5 years after Red was defeated, he and the Green are in a situation like before war broke out. They must find the cause of the disappearances of the legendary pokemon or the world would be thrown into disarray.

My Personal FF Account l Ambition l Four Times The Charm l For The Love of Food! l Disappearance: REWRITE (collboration)

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    Do your colleges/universities make all the majors go to the same ceremony? Mine has to split up students by colleges because we have too many students. Liberal Arts has at least 3 sections of ceremonies at different times because it's so big.
    My university has four days for graduation day and they do it on college basis. But all students graduate at the same time no matter what subjects that they are taking.

For the kids that rented instruments for band this year, they had to return them today. Seeing all those cases lined up like that in the music room... man, I really feel old. At our final concert, the band director asked to do something completely unexpected: play the first song the band ever learned as a group as the final song. It was a simple, starter song, but the spirit in it was like never before. That's a book end for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    I'm soooo happy right now.
    Okay so first, I went through all my finals, except for the English one (I'm french canadian) on Friday, which won't be a problem at all. I kinda have this one in the bag. I honestly think I stressed way too much for most of them. And I've got some great results so far; 94% in my History final, 91% in my Mathematics (Natural Science) final and 100% in my English writing exam. Now all I want to know is if I passed the French finals, which was harder than I thought. Also curious about both my Science finals... They are looking good so far, though!
    Well done! You must be really smart to get them marks!

Just got my results back from my Biology exam, 71 out of 75, pretty damn pleased, that means it's an A for the semester...
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    My university has four days for graduation day and they do it on college basis. But all students graduate at the same time no matter what subjects that they are taking.
    Mine has several ceremonies throughout the day.

The students graduating with technical degrees graduate early in the morning then academic graduates graduate later on in the day.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by torterra_4_the_win View Post
    Well done! You must be really smart to get them marks!

Just got my results back from my Biology exam, 71 out of 75, pretty damn pleased, that means it's an A for the semester...
    Well I do consider myself more "smart type" than "physical type", but I was always gifted with great results at school. Thank you, by the way!
    That is an awesome Biology result you've got here, too! Good job!
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by KumaPanda View Post
    College isn't too bad in terms of workload (really depends on your major).
    I'd say it's kinda iffy to say the workload isn't too bad in general, since experiences definitely vary greatly depending on major, and pretty much everything else for that matter.

I remember being told college is just high school with more freedom, and while the freedom part is true, it wasn't a completely accurate indicator since the level of academics and workload here is way higher than at my high school, which made for a difficult transition. 10 AP courses (and respective exams) over high school wasn't quite enough to prepare me for that transition either. Admittedly math classes here are notably difficult and time-consuming, but that's just another factor that defines my experience as something unique. That's just me, though, asking anyone else will get a totally different response, I'm sure.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Got my results today and I have a lower second class. Although it was an improvement as this year results was the best out of three years but I still could not meet my offer.

I have only one week left until the summer break.

I have managed to get at least a pass grade for every unit I'm doing, but I'm going to try for a few merit grades before the year is over.

Things are finally wrapping up. I was invited to take part in a grade-wide speech competition, but I declined (it's the end of the year and I'm really not feeling up to effort anymore). Next Wednesday is grad, and Friday will be the last day. It hasn't quite settled in yet that I won't be seeing this school ever again. (...theoretically. I'm sure I'll be back for something or other)

In other news, my homeroom teacher's wife has gone into labour today. He's been keeping us updated the entire year, so it's actually pretty neat to see the entire story to its conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    I'd say it's kinda iffy to say the workload isn't too bad in general, since experiences definitely vary greatly depending on major, and pretty much everything else for that matter.

I remember being told college is just high school with more freedom, and while the freedom part is true, it wasn't a completely accurate indicator since the level of academics and workload here is way higher than at my high school, which made for a difficult transition. 10 AP courses (and respective exams) over high school wasn't quite enough to prepare me for that transition either. Admittedly math classes here are notably difficult and time-consuming, but that's just another factor that defines my experience as something unique. That's just me, though, asking anyone else will get a totally different response, I'm sure.
    workload also depends on the university itself - you're ironically gonna have an easier time at Harvard than at Duke, Penn, or any Big Ten university for undergrad, for example, just because of their ridiculous grade inflation
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Page 429 of 446 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439 ... LastLast