Page 431 of 446 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441 ... LastLast
Results 10,751 to 10,775 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

guys i made a B in one of my AP classes this year

should i just go ahead and kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post

from what i've heard it seems to that the common answer is "yes".

also, what's honors pre-calc like?

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post

Please tell me you're being sarcastic. A B is a great grade for high school, and the only way an AP class matters in college is if you take the AP exam. And if you get a passing grade for the AP exam, if you choose to expect those credits for college, then you'll just get the credits without a grade assigned to it, meaning your AP credits don't contribute to your college GPA. So again, I just wanna say, to make it clear, that you're absolutely overreacting, if this is a straightforward post. You're probably gonna cringe if you ever read this post or remember it while in college.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic. A B is a great grade for high school, and the only way an AP class matters in college is if you take the AP exam. And if you get a passing grade for the AP exam, if you choose to expect those credits for college, then you'll just get the credits without a grade assigned to it, meaning your AP credits don't contribute to your college GPA. So again, I just wanna say, to make it clear, that you're absolutely overreacting, if this is a straightforward post. You're probably gonna cringe if you ever read this post or remember it while in college.
    Yeah, in high school at the moment I get mostly A's, but when I get a B I'm unhappy, but I don't overreact because a B is above average, and a very good grade, especially if it's for a hard subject like Biology, Maths or History.
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

AP results are coming up soon, I really need to stop procrastinating and make an account...

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I'm really not getting anatomy. Brachial plexus what?

Credit to Brutaka

Yay! I got my report card for Semester 1. I got six A's, two B's and one C, though that C is for an advanced subject, so I'm counting it as a B. I am so happy, especially with subject interviews for Year 11 coming up. I'd say I've got a good chance of getting the subjects I want.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

I'm on my last week of my first Summer semester. Taking American Sign Language as my language, and I'm about to finish my first course! Here's hoping the test goes well on Thursday.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Got my Law school schedule at last:
    Torts
    Contracts
    Criminal Law
    Basic Civil Procedure
    Legal Research
    Legal Writing

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

Yesh last day of first semester tomorrow, along with the reports though I already know what is going to be in it hehe... just have to make course selections for next year, the school is really pushing us to make the best choices for the final 2 years of it...
    I have claimed

Any suggestions as to what would serve as the best/cheapest option to buy dorm bedding? (Twin XL Comforter set)
    As it stands, I'm looking into Dormco.

FC:3754-6803-1211

Just finished first semester of Year 11 yesterday, and got my report. Extremely happy with straight A's, with an A+ in Maths Studies and 90% on my English exam. Only subject I didn't get graded on was Research Project where I got a P (pending) because I got an extension till the end of the year.

Well, today is my results day. That basically means that, in about four hours, when results are published, I'll know whether or not I got into my chosen uni - if I haven't, I'm gonna have to make a lot of phone calls, because my insurance choice is asking for more than my firm choice. (Basically, the combination of subjects I want to do is very rare - I only found about five unis which offered it, and they all want pretty much the same sort of grades, which is quite a bit less than I'm predicted). I should be okay, but there were some points during school where I kind of didn't try as hard as I could've (on coursework and such) because I don't need such high grades. We'll see what happens I guess - I'll post my results later on.

For those unfamiliar with the IB system, you basically take six subjects, three at standard level, and three at higher, with each having a possible grade out of seven. You can get three bonus points for an extended essay (4,000 words) in a subject of your choice (my case, German), and for Theory of Knowledge, which is similar to philosophy, and graded through a presentation and a 1,200 word essay. This comes to a total of 45 points. My uni wants me to get 34 points (if I can get 36, I'll get a scholarship), and a 6 in higher level German. Kind of scared right now, but I'll let all you Internet strangers know what happens (if any of you are that bothered xD)

Edit:
    Welp, my results
    Total: 39/45

Standards:
    English: 6
    Maths Studies: 7
    Economics: 6

Highers
    German: 6
    Italian: 5
    Biology: 6

Extended Essay: A
    Theory of Knowledge: B
    Bonus Points: 3/3

Pretty happy about that - got my place and my scholarship. My friend narrowly missed out on his insurance uni offer, but he was very close, so I'm hoping for him that he'll get the grades he needs with a remark - if not, that he'll be able to talk his way in (probably - he's good at that kind of thing).
    Last edited by Roseheart95; 6th July 2014 at 4:50 PM.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    Well, today is my results day. That basically means that, in about four hours, when results are published, I'll know whether or not I got into my chosen uni - if I haven't, I'm gonna have to make a lot of phone calls, because my insurance choice is asking for more than my firm choice. (Basically, the combination of subjects I want to do is very rare - I only found about five unis which offered it, and they all want pretty much the same sort of grades, which is quite a bit less than I'm predicted). I should be okay, but there were some points during school where I kind of didn't try as hard as I could've (on coursework and such) because I don't need such high grades. We'll see what happens I guess - I'll post my results later on.

For those unfamiliar with the IB system, you basically take six subjects, three at standard level, and three at higher, with each having a possible grade out of seven. You can get three bonus points for an extended essay (4,000 words) in a subject of your choice (my case, German), and for Theory of Knowledge, which is similar to philosophy, and graded through a presentation and a 1,200 word essay. This comes to a total of 45 points. My uni wants me to get 34 points (if I can get 36, I'll get a scholarship), and a 6 in higher level German. Kind of scared right now, but I'll let all you Internet strangers know what happens (if any of you are that bothered xD)

Edit:
    Welp, my results
    Total: 39/45

Standards:
    English: 6
    Maths Studies: 7
    Economics: 6

Highers
    German: 6
    Italian: 5
    Biology: 6

Extended Essay: A
    Theory of Knowledge: B
    Bonus Points: 3/3

Pretty happy about that - got my place and my scholarship. My friend narrowly missed out on his insurance uni offer, but he was very close, so I'm hoping for him that he'll get the grades he needs with a remark - if not, that he'll be able to talk his way in (probably - he's good at that kind of thing).
    Very well done Rose, looks like you really put in some good work this past year/semester.

718/718 Pokemon caught as of 4/13/14
    Pokemon X FC: 2638-0594-6140
    Serebii.net Claims:
    -The Drill Pokemon, Nidoking

^Thanks
    Just went into school today for our official results day. Turns out I got the second highest grade, and the person who got the highest only got one more point than me. Apparently only five out of about twenty-six of us got our first choice unis, and the language grade boundaries were apparently especially strict this year, for whatever reason.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

I have a physics final that I didn't study for. I'm coming out either praising #YOLOSwag or cursing myself.

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by sanae View Post
    also, what's honors pre-calc like?
    I hated honors pre-cal, but that's mostly because I had a teacher who just handed out guided notes sheets and never actually taught anything. From what I hear though, it's decent if you try hard enough and have a good teacher.

Sig under construction

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    ^Thanks
    Just went into school today for our official results day. Turns out I got the second highest grade, and the person who got the highest only got one more point than me. Apparently only five out of about twenty-six of us got our first choice unis, and the language grade boundaries were apparently especially strict this year, for whatever reason.
    Congrats! Sounds like you'll do great in University. Good luck

Did anybody else get less money from financial aid for the upcoming semester? Thank god the price of off-campus is so cheap that I'm still paying less this year.

Credit to Brutaka

Haven't been posting lately, sorry guys.

So July 5 was AP results day. I got a "4" in AP Human Geography. I was disappointed at first, since I really wanted to get a "5" but I guess it's my fault for underestimating the essay. I heard so much people from College Board say that it was an easy test, so I barely studied. Oh well, at least I learned my lesson. This year hopefully I'll get a "5" in AP World History.

Also, how did you guys do? I'm curious to know how you did!
    Last edited by Rakansen; 8th July 2014 at 4:03 AM.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Did anybody else get less money from financial aid for the upcoming semester? Thank god the price of off-campus is so cheap that I'm still paying less this year.
    I actually thought I was getting a lot less in financial aid relative to what I have to pay this year, but that's only because I'm paying less for housing so my financial aid package is smaller. Overall I have a slightly smaller fraction to pay, which is really nice.

I also plan to get some time working at the dining hall and/or market right outside the building I'll be living in, which means I'll also be able to get a much more workable schedule with my classes too. In all it should make things even nicer than last year in terms of expenses.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

It feels weird that this is my final week of college. I'm currently rendering out my final project for tomorrow, and I feel fine about everything since I'm passing everything. I'm not nervous, but I'm not excited, either. Thursday might be different, though, since that's when we're doing a portfolio showing, but I otherwise feel fine.

It's so weird.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    It feels weird that this is my final week of college. I'm currently rendering out my final project for tomorrow, and I feel fine about everything since I'm passing everything. I'm not nervous, but I'm not excited, either. Thursday might be different, though, since that's when we're doing a portfolio showing, but I otherwise feel fine.

It's so weird.
    Congratulations, and good luck on your upcoming job hunt if that's the plan I just got my diploma in the mail today!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Congratulations, and good luck on your upcoming job hunt if that's the plan I just got my diploma in the mail today!
    Thanks. I'll be looking for a job for sure, though I do have an option to take a couple of graphic design classes in the fall if I want to, since though I went through the Film and Video Productions for animation, I prefer drawing more than anything else. I should be fine even with the degree I have, so that's the type of job I'm looking for. I'm also thinking about making a PayPal account so I can do commissions on the side. Probably should've done that ages ago, though. |D

I marked down to have my diploma mailed, but I don't know how long it takes to get mailed out. I'm pretty sure it's mailed out before the coronation (which is in October for me). Though I'm now wondering if I have to pick up a cap and gown for the coronation. I keep forgetting to ask about it, lol.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Just registered for the Fall semester of college this year (which will be the start of my second year of college). My schedule is is waaaay better than last semesters, let me tell you.
    -Intermediate Expository Composition (English 201)
    -Biology 1 (Biology 201)
    -Survey of World Mythology (English 215)
    -Elementary Spanish 2 (Spanish 102)

For a total of 14 credits.

So yeah, pretty decent. I didn't do a science class my first year, but I'm an English major so whatever. *shrug* Biology will be my main problem this semester. I've heard it's pretty hard. But I'm fond of the sciences, so it shouldn't be too bad. Unlike math. F*** that.

Page 431 of 446 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441 ... LastLast