Page 432 of 446 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 11144

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Haven't been posting lately, sorry guys.

So July 5 was AP results day. I got a "4" in AP Human Geography. I was disappointed at first, since I really wanted to get a "5" but I guess it's my fault for underestimating the essay. I heard so much people from College Board say that it was an easy test, so I barely studied. Oh well, at least I learned my lesson. This year hopefully I'll get a "5" in AP World History.

Also, how did you guys do? I'm curious to know how you did!
    How do the grades work with AP?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    How do the grades work with AP?
    Your AP exam score ranges from 1 to 5, depending how you do. You then take your AP scores and compare them to the AP score requirements of the institution(s) you're interested in. Generally, a 3 is considered passing, but it's not always the case. For example, Rutgers Univ. (where I go) only accepts 4's and 5's. I think Princeton only excepts 5's for Calculus but don't quote me on that. If you have a score that is acceptable to whatever school you plan on going to, then you can go into that school with college credits. It's great because you have the opportunity to get your prerequisites out of the way. Some people graduate early because of all the AP credit they come into school with. And the best part is that AP credit doesn't contribute to your GPA, so as long as it's a passing score it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by flamebeam; 8th July 2014 at 5:09 PM.

A New World Order: Birth of a Prophecy

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Did anybody else get less money from financial aid for the upcoming semester? Thank god the price of off-campus is so cheap that I'm still paying less this year.
    I got so much money from financial aid that I basically don't have to pay tuition this year.

Anyway, fall classes:

Public Policy Formulation & Implementation (PUBAFRS 6000)
    Public Sector Economics (PUBAFRS 6030)
    Public Affairs Statistics (PUBAFRS 6070)
    Written and Oral Communication Skills (PUBAFRS 6500)

Scheduling information is down right now (OSU's doing some kind of server upgrade) but I definitely don't have any classes on Fridays.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Tomorrow is the portfolio showing. I'm feeling a bit confident I'll do fine. My demo reel's all ready to go, and I'm preparing myself to answer questions the employer critic is going to ask me. It'd probably be a bit odd that a film student's portfolio reel doesn't really consist of anything film related (like editing, cinematography, gaffer work), but I went into the program for the animation classes anyway, even though in the end I found myself preferring to draw more than I do animate, even though what I have animated I enjoyed doing. For sure I'll continue to work with Cinema 4D and I'll go into Flash so I can do animation stuff on my own time, but we'll see what happens.

Still feels really weird I'm graduating college.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic. A B is a great grade for high school, and the only way an AP class matters in college is if you take the AP exam. And if you get a passing grade for the AP exam, if you choose to expect those credits for college, then you'll just get the credits without a grade assigned to it, meaning your AP credits don't contribute to your college GPA. So again, I just wanna say, to make it clear, that you're absolutely overreacting, if this is a straightforward post. You're probably gonna cringe if you ever read this post or remember it while in college.
    (just now replying to this because i forgot i actually post things on serebii)

I was being completely satirical, I really could not care less about my grades as long as I pass my classes. The university I'm thinking about going to (NC State) is virtually a guarantee for me to get in to with my previous grades and SAT/ACT scores

Speaking of AP classes, I made a 4 on the Bio exam. Considering my useless teacher and the fact that my version of the exam was one of the hardest this year, I'm content with it.

I got my stipend from my summer program and it was $1250. I was happy all day until my roommate told me that he needs $562 for the security deposit for our off-campus house and $375 for the first month of rent in 2 weeks. And then I have to buy furniture for the house. So basically my money is spent before I even checked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post
    (just now replying to this because i forgot i actually post things on serebii)

I was being completely satirical, I really could not care less about my grades as long as I pass my classes. The university I'm thinking about going to (NC State) is virtually a guarantee for me to get in to with my previous grades and SAT/ACT scores

Speaking of AP classes, I made a 4 on the Bio exam. Considering my useless teacher and the fact that my version of the exam was one of the hardest this year, I'm content with it.
    That's what I got too, but more because I didn't study as much as I should've.

Credit to Brutaka

I never bothered with AP classes. My high school didn't offer that many, but they offered 3 or 4 of them to me and I declined them. I didn't want the stress that came with them.

So instead I breezed through those classes in community college without doing hardly any work.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by John Madden View Post
    I got so much money from financial aid that I basically don't have to pay tuition this year.

Anyway, fall classes:

Public Policy Formulation & Implementation (PUBAFRS 6000) - Mon/Wed 17:45 - 19:35
    Public Sector Economics (PUBAFRS 6030) - Mon/Wed 15:00 - 16:50
    Public Affairs Statistics (PUBAFRS 6070) - Thurs 17:45 - 21:20
    Written and Oral Communication Skills (PUBAFRS 6500) - Tues 17:45 - 19:35

Scheduling information is down right now (OSU's doing some kind of server upgrade) but I definitely don't have any classes on Fridays.
    Update: that upgrade means I can access OSU's student center at literally any hour.

Also, editing class times into this quote, because this schedule is obscenely good.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

some weeks ago i signed both of my minors for biology and chemistry, yay!

Challenges completed: LG Grass mono
    Pokemon HGSS roleplaying forum. Referral: Tikikala

FC: 2981 6880 2804
    Flying Safari:

Just got back from SGC this weekend, and I got a boat load of assignments for my two Summer classes these next coming three weeks. Yaaaaaay. Least I got to have all the fun I wanted before I get focused on school work. I'm taking Astronomy and American Sign Language II.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Could someone tellme some tips to doing well at a level?

Glad I don't have to worry about AP's anymore. I took a bunch in high school, and they barely lived up to their college equivalents.

Speaking of which, here are my courses for the fall:
    - Intro Chem (+Lab)
    - Quantum Physics (+Lab)
    - Assembly Programming
    - Intro Neuroscience
    - Intro Japanese

Pretty much set to die with this combination, but at least it's a nice schedule. I'm going to drop something in the first week if I feel like it's too much. I'll know when I start anyway.

Going for a computer science major with minors in math and physics. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Going for a computer science major with minors in math and physics. Should be fun.
    That's so excessive. Are you sure that's necessary?

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by robert150 View Post
    I didn't do A Level, but most of my friends did, and I did an equivalent course - basically, try not to fall behind! Get all your homework done, and make use of the free periods you have at school. Revise hard for each module, as well, because getting a low score on one can pull down your whole grade. I'd offer more advice, but since I don't have first-hand experience, this is all I can really say, I'm afraid... I don't know if you've chosen your subjects yet, either, but your combination of subjects can be very important, because some take up a lot more time than others. Make sure you do subjects you're good at, because otherwise you'll probably have a hard time.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Officially finished my 33-day long summer program! I was awarded a book about healthcare from my TA for participating in class and for helping others understand the material (yay me!), but not that this is sadly over, I have to focus on what to do for the rest of the summer, and all my financial stuff a.k.a. yawnfest. I guess I'll see you all in September, unless I feel like talking about marching band.

Credit to Brutaka

That's so excessive. Are you sure that's necessary?
    It's definitely not. I just like those subjects.

I may decide to drop the Physics minor if I feel like venturing into other topics. I'm mostly interested in electricity and magnetism anyway, though by the time I get to the courses I want, I already have a minor.

The Math minor at my school is absolute cake. At this point I just need another math elective and I'm done.

Got my AP Score for my AP US History the other day. Got a 4. Thats one less college credit I have to worry about...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloneblazer12 View Post
    Got my AP Score for my AP US History the other day. Got a 4. Thats one less college credit I have to worry about...
    Congrats! I don't know why, but I find it really fun learning about the U.S. more so than any other part of history. I plan on taking the class junior year.

Finally finished reading Fahrenheit 451 and Lord of the Flies. Now I need to finish an analysis packet for Lord of the Flies then I'll FINALLY do AP World History homework.
    Last edited by Rakansen; 19th July 2014 at 8:19 AM.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Congrats! I don't know why, but I find it really fun learning about the U.S. more so than any other part of history. I plan on taking the class junior year.

Finally finished reading Fahrenheit 451 and Lord of the Flies. Now I need to finish an analysis packet for Lord of the Flies then I'll FINALLY do AP World History homework.
    Which one did you like more? I feel like both books had points where I was thinking, "Let it end already!" But I say LotF was the better book for me, especially because of Piggy :'(

Credit to Brutaka

Enjoying summer vacation.

First day of second semester. Great
    I probably should have done my assignments.
    Amourshipping and Generation III for the win!

Well term break is now over :/ time to start studies again though I have been doing some over the past few days in order to get my brain into "school mode" again
    I have claimed

I also got my AP test results. The only test I took this year was AP American History. I only got a 2 out of 5.. I'm disappointed to say the least. I took the class for two years and went to cram sessions multiple days a week for months and months preceding the test. Oh well...

I also got my ACT test results! I got a 27, which pleases me. I'm signing up to take the next one, the September one, to get a higher score, however. Also, I only needed two more requirements for my school's Honors Diploma- a 27 or higher on the ACT and taking physics. There are 8 total requirements, but I only have to get 7 out of the 8 for Honors Diploma. So I contacted my counselor and cancelled physics for this year. It was going to be too much added stress with everything I have going on right now. I'm instead taking my school's newspaper class, which will let me tap into my inner writer.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by robert150 View Post
    Just quickly want to add to the advice which Roseheart95 already gave above. If you're taking subjects like the hard sciences and the humanities where you're required to retain and apply huge amounts of information, it will help massively to begin consolidating very very early. Don't wait until exam time to start revising stuff you did in autumn and winter. Keep a constant grasp on the entire course content and revise until you can literally recite every detail back to front. This is especially important when you go on to do A2, where the workload effectively doubles and there's additional pressure to do well when you start applying for uni. Don't make the mistake most people in my year (myself included) made which is just lie dormant for the first three quarters of the year and then go out of your mind with panic in the lead-up to the exams because you haven't prepared in advance.

Course, it all depends on the subjects you're taking but the general rule is always the same; work hard, keep focused, and try to lay off the booze.
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

Well this is depressing

Page 432 of 446 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432433434435436442 ... LastLast