Page 435 of 446 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

In denial school exists. It kind of feels that way after every summer vacation. Hopefully orientation'll knock that out of me.

I've still over two weeks left of break, but my family's head geniuses have decided to cram in a bunch of (usually undesirable) trips and activities into the remaining time, so it'll be busy up until the first day, when it'll be even busier...

My ID expired 2 weeks ago and the college's website nor the card itself doesn't say anything about usage after expiration. I'm starting to think it really only refers to the barcode, so would it be a good idea to use it as identification so I can pay student prices?
    MyAnimeList | Tumblr
    < - (Not bad for a first attempt at a banner eh? banner's mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Psychology C, Art Pass1 (C/D), English A*.

I didn't hang around; was in and out in under five minutes. Just enough time for my teacher to congratulate me on my English grade and for me to take one last look at the place before I left.
    Turns out that I actually got accepted by my firm choice, but I'm probably going to defer entry until next year or just decline and apply again. I think I need the time off to sharpen my wits and travel a little before going back into school. I'm still not sure if Creative Writing is for me or if a foundation Art course will serve me better, despite be being better at the former but enjoying the latter much more. I suppose on the plus side, I've got a lot of time and space to have a think about it.
    Congratulations And good luck with whichever you decision you make!

I went into school on Thursday to collect the Yearbook, and was severely disappointed with it. I was on the committee (my job was to get form tutor comments - I managed 6/8 before I left school but it took so much effort. They were literally worse than some people in my year handing in coursework. After I left, no-one picked up this job, apparently, since they didn't end up in the Yearbook).

So, anyway, our Yearbook: About 20 pages of individual pictures of all of us (without quotes or any text, since no one organised it >.<), a few pages of pictures of us around school, that one of the photographers took, a list (purely in plain text) of yearbook award winners, and then a letter to our head of sixth form, and that's it. I'm so annoyed, because we all agreed that it would be better than our last Yearbook (which was pretty bad - but not this bad), but the head of the committee just didn't really seem committed, and neither really did anyone else :/ It's a real shame, and I just wanted to rant about it. Sorry xD

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

So after a great summer of going to Las Vegas, getting a new puppy, and my first NYC pride, I'm coming up on my last full week home. Thank God I was able to get all my loans through before the school year started, unlike last year were I had an outstanding fee of about 18,000$. (college life; it's rough). It also doesn't help that I go to a school that's 50,000 a year. I'm really excited to start my Fundamentals of Conducting class this semester, since I want to be a conductor. I'm also super excited to be taught under a Grammy Nominated conductor for my choir class. The one class I'm dreading though is Music History and the French and German diction courses I have to take, especially french.

This is my sig.

Yea so this summer I did basically nothing. My vacation was a weekend in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, an hour from where I live. We went to a really fun water park but got way too sunburned.

Freshman Orientation Monday-Tuesday - Only issue I have is that signing up for classes will be rough considering I had to wait until the final orientation. Doubt I'll get more than 1, 2 at most, of the top choices I'd like to take in general/this fall. I also have an interview for an on-campus job sometime in there when I'm free.

Dorm Move-In Thursday - Lovely hectic-filled day that'll be.

Then the struggle begins. Financial Aid just covers tuition, books(If I can manage to find them in the bookstore so late), meal plan, and first two months of rent. I'm good in that sense now and next semester, but any paychecks will basically be eaten by rent. Low in-state tuition they said. Affordable they said. What they lack in tuition they make up for in housing payments.

FC:3754-6803-1211

Quote Originally Posted by akaFila View Post
    Freshman Orientation Monday-Tuesday - Only issue I have is that signing up for classes will be rough considering I had to wait until the final orientation. Doubt I'll get more than 1, 2 at most, of the top choices I'd like to take in general/this fall. I also have an interview for an on-campus job sometime in there when I'm free.

Dorm Move-In Thursday - Lovely hectic-filled day that'll be.

Then the struggle begins. Financial Aid just covers tuition, books(If I can manage to find them in the bookstore so late), meal plan, and first two months of rent. I'm good in that sense now and next semester, but any paychecks will basically be eaten by rent. Low in-state tuition they said. Affordable they said. What they lack in tuition they make up for in housing payments.
    I live about 12 minutes away from my university so I just live with my parents to avoid the atrociously high housing cost.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem's Eclipse View Post
    So after a great summer of going to Las Vegas, getting a new puppy, and my first NYC pride, I'm coming up on my last full week home. Thank God I was able to get all my loans through before the school year started, unlike last year were I had an outstanding fee of about 18,000$. (college life; it's rough). It also doesn't help that I go to a school that's 50,000 a year. I'm really excited to start my Fundamentals of Conducting class this semester, since I want to be a conductor. I'm also super excited to be taught under a Grammy Nominated conductor for my choir class. The one class I'm dreading though is Music History and the French and German diction courses I have to take, especially french.
    Music History sucks bad, and your course is probably far more difficult than the one I had (well, studying + final exam, really). Good luck with that...

Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    Music History sucks bad, and your course is probably far more difficult than the one I had (well, studying + final exam, really). Good luck with that...
    Especially after hearing about listening quizzes, which we're given a piece and we have to guess time period, conductor, and style. I'm going to have a nervous breakdown in that class about 75% of the time. However, I'm excited to actually learn music history.

This is my sig.

Especially after hearing about listening quizzes, which we're given a piece and we have to guess time period, conductor, and style. I'm going to have a nervous breakdown in that class about 75% of the time. However, I'm excited to actually learn music history.
    Conductor? Mine was more about composers and so on, so that sucks. Though, it verged more on the theory side of history (harmony, counterpoint, formal form, etc. etc.).

It's pretty neat, without the memorization of dates and such. I'm assuming it's from the Baroque period to modern era? Earlier? In between?

Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    Conductor? Mine was more about composers and so on, so that sucks. Though, it verged more on the theory side of history (harmony, counterpoint, formal form, etc. etc.).

It's pretty neat, without the memorization of dates and such. I'm assuming it's from the Baroque period to modern era? Earlier? In between?
    I meant composer lol I was typing super quick. Well there is two sections of Music History I/II and then onto Music of the 1900's. So I literally have to go through all periods of music up to contemporary.

This is my sig.

Just one more week before I move back into the dorms. I don't have to worry about anything besides books this semester, so I'm looking forward to it, but I'm going to miss sitting at home doing nothing. I do have an incredibly nice schedule with only have 3 serious classes this semester, one of which is Multivariable Calculus, so it's going to be an interesting second year. Especially second semester where I have to take two math classes at once.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram

Most of my American friends are starting college right now, and I have another month to go. I'm really excited to go, but at the same time, I'm glad I still have time to become a pro at LoL before I go to uni xD

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Yknot is offline Дми́трий Дми́триевич

who's the conductor O:
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    ... that Ribbon Metagross is the coolest thing I have seen in pokemon for a long time...

Just did back to school shopping. Kinda neutral about school right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    who's the conductor O:
    Dr. James Jordan.

This is my sig.

Dr. James Jordan.
    Woah! Have fun in that class, it sounds promising.

I had a quiz on Lord of the Flies today. It was surprisingly easy. I studied for it, since I wanted to start off the year with good grades and I want to be a better student this year. My teacher might mess up and give me a low grade at first, though, since the test I was given had its pages and questions in the wrong order.

I also have to finish a project for Fahrenheit 451 by Friday. I've already started it, since I didn't have homework today. I've been finishing work early since the beginning of the year, but probably by the end of the year I'll be back to my original self: procrastinating and finishing AP work at midnight.

Also, if anyone's interested, these are the classes I have this term:
    Algebra 2 Honors
    English 10 Honors
    P.E.
    Japanese 2

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

First day of college starts in about ten days. I was assigned two books and to create a reading journal. I barely started on it. Sigh, I can never get myself to be bothered to work on it. I guess I still have some senioritis left in me
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Yknot is offline Дми́трий Дми́триевич

Dr. James Jordan.
    doctor of philosophy in psychology of music. i like.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3fiddy View Post
    ... that Ribbon Metagross is the coolest thing I have seen in pokemon for a long time...

School starts on August 25th. Kinda feel weird about going to high school.

5 days until I start junior year of college.

Programming class at 8:30 am two days a week. #overjoyed

FC:3754-6803-1211

Seeing all the college kids here makes me feel young... On the other hand, I now know that it takes about two hours to walk home from my high school.

GIFSoup
    Where's the cake?!?

Math and programming classes that early is a no-no for me. Unless I absolutely have to take them at that time.

I always tried to get easy classes that early like history or english.

Which Programming?

I'm glad I don't have early morning and evening/night classes.

My classes: */ indicates another name for the class
    Programming Fundamentals III/Data Structures
    Computer Organization and Machine Language/Computer Architecture
    Calculus II
    Engineering Physics II
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

Page 435 of 446 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445 ... LastLast