Page 437 of 446 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

School starts next week and I just got my schedule for the fall semester. Not looking forward to going back but oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

3DS FC: 4871-6086-4217
    PokeSpe Club | Secret Base

Well... so things didn't work out exactly as planned with my school schedule. Long story short, my paperwork got messed up and now I'm locked out of my writing class until next quarter, and on top of that, genetics filled up before I could register. Luckily, I did manage to get into o-chem, calc 3, and this history class that fulfills some humanities requirement that everyone at the school has to take (I didn't know it was a thing until I got accepted...). Not thrilled about having to go to class Monday-Friday, and I have some odd gaps in my schedule, but at least I'm not sitting 50 spots down on a wait list right now, so I'm thankful for that.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

For me school starts this Thursday. I'm starting high school, so does anyone have any advice?

What's my favourite Pokemon? I'll give you three guesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    Mauville City is supposed to be a big city, not a darn mall.
    I have officially claimed Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!

We're going to austrailia!!!

The forces have met.
    Now only they decide the fate that awaits us.

~I have claimed thee Suicune~
    Visit my site at http://jirachi9.weebly.com/
    Also, I'm looking for a shiny Jirachi, so please PM me to make a deal!

Back to college on Wednesday to continue human resources, and also undecided because the college is giving two options to transfer my credits to university.
    The problem is $$$$, I don't wanna get into student loans and universities are expensive (to me)
    Sadly, now the number of diplomas, titles and certifications matter over experience; unless you have well positioned friends.
    "Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise."
    Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy Lamby View Post
    Back to college on Wednesday to continue human resources, and also undecided because the college is giving two options to transfer my credits to university.
    The problem is $$$$, I don't wanna get into student loans and universities are expensive (to me)
    Sadly, now the number of diplomas, titles and certifications matter over experience; unless you have well positioned friends.
    Reminds me of this:

>applying for entry level position
    >application says 10+ years experience in said field required
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Skipped school today since the sports carnival was on
    I have claimed

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Reminds me of this:

>applying for entry level position
    >application says 10+ years experience in said field required
    LOL, U r right!
    Lobbying is now the best way to find jobs, and let me tell you... college is a waste of time unless they offer you co-ops (but they have to place you)
    Sigmund Freud

The school year begins for me on Wednesday woop woop *note the sarcasm* so my time on here will be very limited as I need to focus on my studies more then SPPF. I'm not sure when I'll be back but I will be.

Try not to miss me too much, guys.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

Well, my long, long summer is starting to draw to a close. On the 20th I'll be going to university and leaving all my friends and family behind. (At least those who don't have Skype).

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Welp, junior year starts tomorrow for me. I'm actually looking forward to it; my first AP classes, being an upper classman, and because this summer has been crap. I'm looking forward to moving on. The one class I'm really excited for is Physics, though I heard some of it is pretty hard.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

First day of school today. No real timetable to mention, since my school is non-semestered, though I do have 4 academic courses (the maximum, iirc) in a day, with P.E., Business, and the whole load on the other, including Band. Splendid...

So, math test tomorrow. This place sure doesn't pull its punches. And no calculator allowed, either... just how ancient is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    So, math test tomorrow. This place sure doesn't pull its punches. And no calculator allowed, either... just how ancient is this?
    That's actually really common in universities, as far as I know. I'm taking Multivariable/Vector Calculus and we don't use calculators either (and our school is among the most elite of the elite when it comes to math). I think it has something to do with the fact that it's easier when problems aren't reliant on calculators both for you and for graders, but there could be something else to it that I'm missing. Either way, nobody likes finding a number like 47/13 or 4.319191 in their final answer.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    That's actually really common in universities, as far as I know. I'm taking Multivariable/Vector Calculus and we don't use calculators either (and our school is among the most elite of the elite when it comes to math). I think it has something to do with the fact that it's easier when problems aren't reliant on calculators both for you and for graders, but there could be something else to it that I'm missing. Either way, nobody likes finding a number like 47/13 or 4.319191 in their final answer.
    Vector Calculus? That is cool. I studied electrical engineering and took some advanced courses on calculus. You have to know it in order to study an solve 3 variable problems and apply them to R^4 and plus.
    Math topics like that are interesting and the best part is you have to rely more on your brain than a calculator. Good luck!
    Taking about calculators, last semester I took an accounting course and it was depressing to see many dudes needing calculators to multiply single digit numbers... super-depressing
    Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    First day of school today. No real timetable to mention, since my school is non-semestered, though I do have 4 academic courses (the maximum, iirc) in a day, with P.E., Business, and the whole load on the other, including Band. Splendid...

Every maths course I've encountered has had both a calculator and non-calculator exam paper, except for one which was more leaning towards the statistical side. I guess it depends on the topics.

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

My senior year of college begins this afternoon. I am on a quest to make some friends and perhaps go on some dates for the first time in my life. I go to film school and I must admit that there have not been many attractive girls in the school, but I have also not had a friend since early highschool, so I'm hoping to get some friends, meet people, and improve my life! I hope you all will be here to help me along the way, haha
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

So far, only my math class is going bad, but I hope to change that...not taking math in a while is biting me in the butt.
    Last edited by EmphaticPikachu; 3rd September 2014 at 5:36 PM.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

It is amazing how stupidly long today felt. Good thing I can just do homework tomorrow morning and take tonight off.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Well all my classes from last year got split up so no-one knows anyone else in their classes at the moment and it's incredibly awkward.
    I somehow landed myself with the head of the film and media department for 6 1/2 hours a week...or at least I did until we all realised that our film class was way too big so now he's kicked me over to the other class (co-incidentally where my two crew members from last year's coursework are...and the cute transfer student from Switzerland). I still have him for 3 hours of media studies but I can cope with that...just.

Haven't actually had a creative writing class yet and I'm slightly nervous as I'm a 2nd year student in a 1st year class. Speaking of which, I forgot how crowded my college is when all 1,700 students are in. And of course none of the first years know where they're going yet as it's only the 3rd day of class...I've had to direct five students in a three minute period whilst waiting for the corridor to clear out. >_< although this has provided my friends with this new game called "spot the first year". We're so cruel.
    Found my way back here after what seems like forever, not much has changed.

My Tumblr (For all the fangirling trauma and day to day rambles hah)

First day of school... There are pros and cons to every one of my classes and teachers, from what I can tell. The cons seem to outweigh the pros in most cases, sadly. I'm really upset about probably having to drop a class that I worked hard and auditioned to get in to, just so I can satisfy the stupid lab requirements set by the state. My school over-complicates everything.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny: Cresselia
    Current Hunt: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    First day of school... There are pros and cons to every one of my classes and teachers, from what I can tell. The cons seem to outweigh the pros in most cases, sadly. I'm really upset about probably having to drop a class that I worked hard and auditioned to get in to, just so I can satisfy the stupid lab requirements set by the state. My school over-complicates everything.
    I would argue this! My fist class today was amazing! A great looking group of students and a fantastic and achieved instructor! Looking the a positive semester and I was already able to leave my usual introverted ways and socialize just because the first day was structured so well. Today gave me a huge boost of confidence and I am ready for the rest of the year!
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

So earlier today between classes I decided to quickly do an assignment on Blackboard because it was due tonight and I probably wouldn't have done it at home. So anyways I didn't do that well on the assignment (50%), and now I'm seeing that the deadline was pushed back a date.

I could've done it tomorrow morning and gotten a better grade. :/
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Class let out early and lab was canceled. Awesome, now I have the rest of the day to do whatever.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I'm now the secretary of the Computer Science & Information technologies club a ACM(Association for Computing Machinery) and a student chapter. This is going to look good on my resume.
    ... -_-' What, were you expecting a cookie?

First week of college. Uhm...for my seminar, I'm totally lost on what I should write for my paper. I'm soo lazy when it comes to writing papers even though I'm pretty good at it.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

Page 437 of 446 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441 ... LastLast