Page 433 of 433 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433
Results 10,801 to 10,816 of 10816

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Well, I've been slacking off the entire month of July, and there's just over a week left for me to memorize the music history textbook as well as getting very good at music harmony writing for the exams... music studies are almost worse than school at this point.

Just ordered my textbooks for the coming semester. Why are they so expensive? I rented a book that I could've bought cheaper off Amazon. Only reason I rented it was because I don't think I'll have to use it again in the future.

Credit to ~BrightStarVictory~ for the banner

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Just ordered my textbooks for the coming semester. Why are they so expensive? I rented a book that I could've bought cheaper off Amazon. Only reason I rented it was because I don't think I'll have to use it again in the future.
    Still, you do have the obligation of not damaging it (too much) since it's still not completely yours.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Which one did you like more? I feel like both books had points where I was thinking, "Let it end already!" But I say LotF was the better book for me, especially because of Piggy :'(
    I think I actually like Fahrenheit 451 more, mainly because I only got really interested into Lord of the Flies when (spoiler alert!) Simon got killed, whereas Fahrenheit 451 always had me questioning what was going to happen to the characters. It's still a good book though, and I really like the symbolism in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    Are you allowed to order different editions for your textbooks? I heard they're a lot cheaper.

3DS: Ralph - 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    I think I actually like Fahrenheit 451 more, mainly because I only got really interested into Lord of the Flies when (spoiler alert!) Simon got killed, whereas Fahrenheit 451 always had me questioning what was going to happen to the characters. It's still a good book though, and I really like the symbolism in the book.

Are you allowed to order different editions for your textbooks? I heard they're a lot cheaper.
    They are cheaper, but that's only because most of the professors that had been using them have moved on and there isn't a market for them. Online access codes also cost a ton and, at least from my experience, they aren't really used that much at all.

Expensive books are the least of my problems right now. While they are expensive (especially since I'm supposed to be taking two science classes and a math class), I have almost no classes I need to take, and as a transfer student, I'm having an insanely hard time getting into some of them (just because transfer students can only register for classes months after the normal students can)

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

So my second phase of choosing classes was today, got in the exact classes I wanted. MWF classes start at 11 AM and Tuesday/Thursday classes start at 9:30 AM, and I end at 1 PM every Friday after two hours of classes. Everything fell into place very well. Now there's not much else I need to do before the semester starts aside from get stuff ready for moving in at the end of August. It's been a long break since May 17th, I'm definitely looking forward to the start of my second year at Cal.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Dunsparce!

so i'm thinking since i'm already not getting a job this semester, i'm just gonna move up my last class of the week by 7 hours so i can actually do things on thursday nights

up to and including flying out of town that much earlier

e: i can also make my schedule completely stupid and only have classes on 3 days of the week, period
    Last edited by John Madden; Yesterday at 9:41 AM.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

I have about a month and a half left of my summer, but I kind of feel like it's nearly over, because it's been so long already, and relatively there isn't much time yet. I'm going to start uni in September - which means living alone for the first time, and I know there are a lot of small, unexpected things that will happen (like having do my own laundry, heheh). Anyone got any advice?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

One of my classes this year is using a brand new textbook. Publication date of 2014. Can't find any used or for rent. I've looked everywhere.

Soooooooo guess what? I gotta pay $268 for a single damn book, and that book is required.
    Platinum FC: 3268 7322 8943
    HeartGold FC: 3698 1539 4947
    White 2 FC: 3612 1944 2721
    3DS FC: 1779-0800-2195
    IGN: ebev91
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon
    Pokemon X National Dex: 717/718 (Only need JIRACHI)

Did everything I wanted to for the summer. Now I want to go back to school but it starts about 20 days later.

Check out my Ask.fm: http://ask.fm/Huhadude

A month and a day left for me until the onslaught begins anew. I haven't really accomplished anything I said I would during vacation other than wrap up some reading on non-school literature...

Quote Originally Posted by Huhadude View Post
    Did everything I wanted to for the summer. Now I want to go back to school but it starts about 20 days later.
    Before graduating high school, I dreaded the day school started. Now that I've been in college for a few years, I can't wait to go back. I need to finish my degree so I can hopefully start making more money.

Oh boy! School in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to another year at the University of Tennessee!

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    Before graduating high school, I dreaded the day school started. Now that I've been in college for a few years, I can't wait to go back. I need to finish my degree so I can hopefully start making more money.
    Lol it's the opposite for me. I'm excited to start going to school. I'm going to start my first year of high school.

Check out my Ask.fm: http://ask.fm/Huhadude

Quote Originally Posted by XxPhoenixFlamexX View Post
    Oh boy! School in a few weeks. I'm looking forward to another year at the University of Tennessee!
    University of Mississippi for me. We hate you guys by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Huhadude View Post
    Lol it's the opposite for me. I'm excited to start going to school. I'm going to start my first year of high school.
    You'll like high school! It has its ups and downs, but it's definitely better than middle school.

3DS: Ralph - 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Page 433 of 433 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433