Page 440 of 446 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444 ... LastLast
Results 10,976 to 11,000 of 11147

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

  1. #10976
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Goldenrod City
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Havent posted here in over a year I think, wow.
    So I went into my junior year. I have an honors Algebra 2 class, as well as an AP US history class, Computer tech support, french, english 11 and biology. Im bored in every class but History, and thats just because I dont already know it. I pick things up too easily. Biology Ive taken before, Ive always been a good writer, in french my year of latin helps out.... in Algebra I was doing this work in 7th and 8th grade.
    Every day I come home exhausted and just want to sleep, but I have to drag myself through the homework. I have ADHD and the way it affects me just means that I get distracted easy but I also pick up on things a lot faster. Im just comepletely frustrated by school anymore because Im bored.
    For the best book recommendations!


    FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

    ~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

  2. #10977
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambree View Post
    Havent posted here in over a year I think, wow.
    So I went into my junior year. I have an honors Algebra 2 class, as well as an AP US history class, Computer tech support, french, english 11 and biology. Im bored in every class but History, and thats just because I dont already know it. I pick things up too easily. Biology Ive taken before, Ive always been a good writer, in french my year of latin helps out.... in Algebra I was doing this work in 7th and 8th grade.
    Every day I come home exhausted and just want to sleep, but I have to drag myself through the homework. I have ADHD and the way it affects me just means that I get distracted easy but I also pick up on things a lot faster. Im just comepletely frustrated by school anymore because Im bored.
    Aww, I hate being stressed by school work. Distraction makes it even worse, and I procrastinated a lot last year.

    It's a good idea you took French though after taking Latin, it really does help a lot. I don't take French myself but sometimes I look over my friend's French homework and I understand it because I took Latin in middle school.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    Got back from the trip last night, was super tired. It was pretty fun, though, we stayed overnight on a hill overlooking the lake.

    Unfortunately, classes still go on without me, and I've a veritable mountain of homework to finish this weekend. :P
    Same here. I had to skip school because my family was dropping off my sister to college, and I have a lot of homework (including an English project) to do this Sunday.

    3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

  3. #10978
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Antarctica
    Posts
    365

    Default

    Finally on term break now, next term though exams and then I'll be elevated to senior status

    I had maths and physics test which kept me busy the entire week, I would have got an almost perfect score in maths if it weren't for the careless mistakes I made ugh........ -.-
    I have claimed

  4. #10979
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Definitely come down with a bout of fresher's flu now >.< Got a chesty cough, and classes start tomorrow (and I have a kana test, too). Fun, fun

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  5. #10980
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Goldenrod City
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Aww, I hate being stressed by school work. Distraction makes it even worse, and I procrastinated a lot last year.

    It's a good idea you took French though after taking Latin, it really does help a lot. I don't take French myself but sometimes I look over my friend's French homework and I understand it because I took Latin in middle school.
    Yeah I also have a spanish speaking friend who, as long as she doesnt start like rapid fire speaking, I can understand
    For the best book recommendations!


    FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

    ~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

  6. #10981
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Johto
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Woo, college / sixth form has started really well for me.

    I've settled on doing Psychology / Law / English Literature for my AS levels, and the latter two are alright thus far. Psychology is something I recently took up, dropped Biology to make way for it. I've made friends, settled in really well and I'm in a better position than I was before. Feels good now xD

    Biology was stressing me out quickly though, jeez.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:



    I have claimed Registeel!

  7. #10982
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Journeying through Hoenn
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Oh, I forgot I could post in here again.

    I'm currently in a one-year graduate program in a communications/media-type program at my university. It's pretty interesting thus far, but we're already at week 5 and I'm pretty behind on some of my readings, and I have small projects due this week I haven't even started. It doesn't help that my seminar prof gave us a good scare about how quickly you can fall behind and stuff. So...this will be fun.

  8. #10983
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    Oh, I forgot I could post in here again.

    I'm currently in a one-year graduate program in a communications/media-type program at my university.....
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Woo, college / sixth form has started really well for me.

    I've settled on doing Psychology / Law / English Literature.....
    It fills me with joy to hear that so many ADULTS in COLLEGE, and other educational levels, still get their kicks out of playing Pokemon. The world has changed indeed, and I think we are making progress. I feel like going back in time and slappin' some haters silly. You know, those who always said "you still play pokemon?". Haha, yeah. But life is great. School is great. Just found out I passed every class for the first quarter of the semester. It's a great night tonight.

    Edit in bold, small detail. Thanks Psynergy
    Last edited by Search_Ops_TeamD; 29th September 2014 at 12:12 PM.
    LOOKING FOR ITEMS? I GOT YOU COVERED
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

    I HAVE CLAIMED BAHAMUT, KING OF SUMMONS
    FC 1550 8079 7411

  9. #10984
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Search_Ops_TeamD View Post
    It fills me with joy to hear that so many ADULTS in COLLEGE still get their kicks out of playing Pokemon. The world has changed indeed, and I think we are making progress. I feel like going back in time and slappin' some haters silly. You know, those who always said "you still play pokemon?". Haha, yeah. But life is great. School is great. Just found out I passed every class for the first quarter of the semester. It's a great night tonight.

    This comic from Awkward Zombie summarizes Pokemon very well. When Pokemon BW came out, everyone was excited and many people in my gen physics course was getting a DS *just* to play Pokemon.

    Meanwhile, I had to quarantine Pokemon until summer lest I get no homework done. Pokemon is distracting :<

  10. #10985
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Seireitei (Soul Society)
    Posts
    483

    Default

    So, I'm in the middle of school holidays, right now, which I am so glad for. Last term, I got stressed to breaking point because of so many assignments all at once. Why can't they happen one or two at a time instead of five at a time?! Part of the stress was because of worrying about university, when it's still two and a half years away and another part was an English assessment. For that assessment, we'd been given a scaffold to use in the exam. The problem was, what was one the scaffold could only be isolated words at the most and quotes. To make things harder, we were studying Macbeth and the quotes were already difficult to understand. It didn't really help that when I was freaking out about the assessment in class, I was asked to go outside, further bringing attention to me and only making the problem worse.

    Fortunately, I've worked out a plan with the school careers adviser about getting a good result in the final exam in year 12. One thing that's bothering me right now, though, is the fact that the Japanese class I was going to take for year 11 is almost certainly cancelled for 'lack of interest', when I could swear that 10-20 people from my school alone signed up for it. Well, there,'s French, Chinsese and German, I think, which are the other language classes...
    Varanus on the General Chat Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You're not a kid anymore once you join this thread. 2 minutes here and all innocence you once had is lost.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

    Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

  11. #10986
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Journeying through Hoenn
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Search_Ops_TeamD View Post
    It fills me with joy to hear that so many ADULTS in COLLEGE still get their kicks out of playing Pokemon. The world has changed indeed, and I think we are making progress. I feel like going back in time and slappin' some haters silly. You know, those who always said "you still play pokemon?". Haha, yeah. But life is great. School is great. Just found out I passed every class for the first quarter of the semester. It's a great night tonight.
    Absolutely! I've been a Pokémon fan since the beginning (joined Serebii 10 years ago), and I felt like I had to hide it all throughout high school. Once I hit college and found other nerdy gamers, I started being more open about it, and now Pokémon is quite mainstream. My old college now has a Pokémon Club, and even at my university I can be honest about it. In one of my classes I talked about Pokéthon, the Pokémon mini-convention I ran this past summer, so after class my prof )who is an awesome lady who's also interested in gaming) asked me if I'd heard of Twitch Plays Pokémon, ahaha.

    But yeah, it's really about how comfortable you feel about the things you like, and whether or not you care what other people think. The fact that Pokémon is so mainstream again really helps, though!

  12. #10987
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Search_Ops_TeamD View Post
    It fills me with joy to hear that so many ADULTS in COLLEGE still get their kicks out of playing Pokemon. The world has changed indeed, and I think we are making progress. I feel like going back in time and slappin' some haters silly. You know, those who always said "you still play pokemon?". Haha, yeah. But life is great. School is great. Just found out I passed every class for the first quarter of the semester. It's a great night tonight.
    Just to clarify for the second person you quoted, college/sixth form is a UK thing that's not the same as what we call college in the US. Sixth form/college comes before what we'd call college/university, if I'm not mistaken. While we use college and university interchangeably in the US, they strictly use university.

    That aside, Pokemon has never been a thing people are afraid to enjoy well beyond high school. I went all of high school and I was never ashamed to say I liked Pokemon, and with the reputation I had it wasn't something people made fun of me for. I went so far as to fill my valedictory speech at graduation with numerous Pokemon references. Even the college I go to now has a Pokemon Club and Pokemon class (as in you get actual college credit for it), so yeah, Pokemon is huge in all sorts of age groups.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  13. #10988
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Just to clarify for the second person you quoted, college/sixth form is a UK thing that's not the same as what we call college in the US. Sixth form/college comes before what we'd call college/university, if I'm not mistaken. While we use college and university interchangeably in the US, they strictly use university.

    That aside, Pokemon has never been a thing people are afraid to enjoy well beyond high school. I went all of high school and I was never ashamed to say I liked Pokemon, and with the reputation I had it wasn't something people made fun of me for. I went so far as to fill my valedictory speech at graduation with numerous Pokemon references. Even the college I go to now has a Pokemon Club and Pokemon class (as in you get actual college credit for it), so yeah, Pokemon is huge in all sorts of age groups.
    Ah, I see. I guess I'm a little misinformed about the school system in the UK. Interesting detail.
    But my young friend, you clearly knew better people than some of us. The early 2000s weren't so lenient in high school. I'm probably not that much older than you, but trust me when I say that when I was in high school (in the US), things were not the like you described. A pokemon club in university? Or even in high school? 10 years ago, that was laughable. I was starting 10th grade at that time. Towards my senior year things did change to the point where I played with a little more freedom. And in college everyone minded their own business. You're probably thinking "wait, you're still in college?" Haha, yes, and will be for years to come. Dropping out and leaving to another country will do that.

    I'm glad though, you proved my point. Times have changed. It's nice to hear that pokemon fans are coming together and not just keeping to themselves. That attitude seems to be reaching down here in Mexico too. As far as your university...a pokemon class, you say? I'd pay full foreign tuition for that one.
    LOOKING FOR ITEMS? I GOT YOU COVERED
    For those still playing 4th Gen: Tired of searching the wild for held items? Hit me up. Shards, Stones, Lights Balls, even Soul Dews. Also offering every Non Legendary for your Pokedex Completion. PM me with Offers and Requests

    I HAVE CLAIMED BAHAMUT, KING OF SUMMONS
    FC 1550 8079 7411

  14. #10989
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    Yay it's Monday! I have a mountain of essays/paper due this week, and then a lab, and I hope that's all left to do. Anyone else on here with a biology major?
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  15. #10990
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Dreams
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    As it turns out, waking up at 6 to get things done was completely unnecessary. The thing I had to do took a ton less time than I thought it would. Looks like I'm just going to be tired the rest of the day.


    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

  16. #10991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by General Nonsense View Post
    As it turns out, waking up at 6 to get things done was completely unnecessary. The thing I had to do took a ton less time than I thought it would. Looks like I'm just going to be tired the rest of the day.
    Aw! I wake up at 6 every morning to tackle work and school, haha! So far the semester has been very kind and all major projects have actually been fun to get done. I have an upcoming research paper and presentation though and I really really couldn't be less motivated to get that started...
    Someone once told me that Misty's cameos in Advanced Generation help make it easier knowing that she is no longer a series regular. They couldn't have been more wrong. After she leaves behind Togepi she returns to her gym more alone than ever AND ON TOP OF THAT, her last cameo was in 2005. 2005!?!?!? ITS BEEN TEN YEARS SINCE ONE OF THE CAST WHO STARTED THE SHOW WAS ACTUALLY ON THE SHOW!?!?

    Why do we even watch Pokemon anymore

  17. #10992
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    966

    Default

    I just got this test back and I did really bad. No not bad, like very bad. It wasn't work as much as my other exams, but I'm still really bummed out.
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl


  18. #10993
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Geography project, English presentation, French presentation, Science homework, piles of math homework, etc. etc.... thank god we're not semestered, or else I'd actually have to do homework every night, but at the same time... why?!

  19. #10994
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    with a shuckle
    Posts
    211

    Default

    I'm not liking band right now,not because of the class its self,but i have braces,and i play the trumpet.It's a nightmare because of how the braces get in the way of where i put my mouthpiece.Anyone have advice for it?
    do the shuckle sweep
    white 2 champion/ white champion/second white 2 game champion/3rd white 2 champion/4th planned white 2 champion
    / /
    //


    credit to froststorm

  20. #10995
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by worldwaker View Post
    I'm not liking band right now,not because of the class its self,but i have braces,and i play the trumpet.It's a nightmare because of how the braces get in the way of where i put my mouthpiece.Anyone have advice for it?
    Did you get your braces recently? It usually just takes a while to get used to.

  21. #10996
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Journeying through Hoenn
    Posts
    4,959

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    That aside, Pokemon has never been a thing people are afraid to enjoy well beyond high school. I went all of high school and I was never ashamed to say I liked Pokemon, and with the reputation I had it wasn't something people made fun of me for. I went so far as to fill my valedictory speech at graduation with numerous Pokemon references. Even the college I go to now has a Pokemon Club and Pokemon class (as in you get actual college credit for it), so yeah, Pokemon is huge in all sorts of age groups.
    Whaaaaaaa Pokemon class?? That sounds amazing.

    My university also has some pretty...specific classes. In my first year I took a course on The Beatles, and I also got to take Vampires and Popular Culture. While wacky, vampires narratives have a long literary and film history, and The Beatles had a pretty big impact on the rock genre, so at least they're a bit easier to justify. I would love to see the proposal the professor wrote up for a Pokemon class.

    Also, I want to take it. I wouldn't even want any credit for it. Do you know anyone who's taken this class?
    Edit: Huh, seems the prof has visited SPPf before.
    Last edited by Psychic; 29th September 2014 at 11:31 PM.

  22. #10997
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    My university also has some pretty...specific classes. In my first year I took a course on The Beatles, and I also got to take Vampires and Popular Culture. While wacky, vampires narratives have a long literary and film history, and The Beatles had a pretty big impact on the rock genre, so at least they're a bit easier to justify. I would love to see the proposal the professor wrote up for a Pokemon class.
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm totally in love with the idea of a course devoted entirely to the Beatles. But what exactly did the course content consist of? I'm guessing it was more to do with the historical or social contexts associated with the band rather than just "complete this lyric: it was twenty years ago today..."?
    [CYTUS]
    ICE - L
    eyemedia - Bloody Purity
    xi - FREEDOM DiVE↓

  23. #10998
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic View Post
    Whaaaaaaa Pokemon class?? That sounds amazing.

    My university also has some pretty...specific classes. In my first year I took a course on The Beatles, and I also got to take Vampires and Popular Culture. While wacky, vampires narratives have a long literary and film history, and The Beatles had a pretty big impact on the rock genre, so at least they're a bit easier to justify. I would love to see the proposal the professor wrote up for a Pokemon class.

    Also, I want to take it. I wouldn't even want any credit for it. Do you know anyone who's taken this class?
    Edit: Huh, seems the prof has visited SPPf before.
    Actually, that's not the same university, this is the one, and it's run by people who are second, third and fourth year students. I think this is the 6th(?) semester that this class is being held. It's part of a program here with all sort of classes like it, including subjects like archery, feminism, North Korea, Game of Thrones and even Kanye West's music. I've taken this class in the past and it was great fun, now good friends with some of the people teaching it.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  24. #10999
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,975

    Default

    Had my first day of classes yesterday, and it was pretty fun. I had Japanese Pronounciation class, a Kana test, and a class where we did "Greetings". I also had a German class, where we got to know each other, and tonight is a German cinema night where we'll be watching a German film.

    I also thought I had a seminar this morning, but apparently I don't, so I have an extra hour free. Then I've got two Japanese classes, and that's it for today. I only have two classes tomorrow, too, though Thursday is a lot busier.

    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†


    "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

    My Animelist


  25. #11000
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    Got a Finance exam today. Shouldn't be too hard as it is strictly Time Value of Money and you can do it all on a financial calculator.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Page 440 of 446 FirstFirst ... 340390430436437438439440441442443444 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •