Page 447 of 456 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451 ... LastLast
Results 11,151 to 11,175 of 11384

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

I have to make a CD cover using schredded paper for art class.
    We have a but of freedom in it but we can't use our own artists and we have to use compositions.
    The teacher actually looks at our work as if it's material for a museum or not lol

I'm not intend to do art and design next year hahahahah!

Team
    Mixtape
    Level 16

Dawg
    Level 10

we have the first three days of this week off timetable because all the lecturers are marking our mock exams from last week.
    My final deadline for the media essay is Friday and I finally got feedback for it on Sunday...and I have no desire to do anything about it.
    On the bright side; my creative writing coursework is going well! Apparently I have a natural talent for writing scripts. ^__^
    Found my way back here after what seems like forever, not much has changed.

My Tumblr (For all the fangirling trauma and day to day rambles hah)

I finished editing my short film for audiovisual class today.
    It's 1080p Cinemascope 60fps so rendering took so long I had to cancel it, gonna do that when I'm home.
    We drew with shadows during art class.
    And we watched films during media techniques class.

I need to do a presentation for English tomorrow about movies.

I haven't prepared anything yet other than what I'm gonna tell.
    My subject is movies and I didn't know what I wanted to talk about but I decided to talk about how a movie will be made.

I'm gonna practice my presentation at home and probably record a vlog because I haven't done one in 2 weeks and it helps me with presenting.
    I'm thinking about recording my presentation and putting it on YouTube.
    Could be fun, so people get to see an actual presentation of me in college.

Team
    Mixtape
    Level 16

Dawg
    Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by Stardustz6 View Post
    So we have this "assessment week" this week and as predicted; no-one remembered. And there's a load of coursework deadlines too.
    Oh and I'm currently dealing with immature first years (16 year olds) who don't seem to comprehend that I really don't care about whether or not they like me...(it might have something to do with me dating a guy that a few of them have a crush on)
    2015 looks entertaining...just six more months of classes and then I don't have to put up with this kind of stupidity.
    High school stupidity is hilarious when you look back at it in a few years. I'm assuming you mean high school anyway at that age group.

Last.fm | Steam ID
    (come and play Team Fortress 2 with me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    High school stupidity is hilarious when you look back at it in a few years. I'm assuming you mean high school anyway at that age group.
    Yeah I'm in the equivalent of highschool...last 6 months of my last year. Dealing with the first years in the friendship group isn't the most enjoyable experience, especially when they seem to think they know more than you.
    I'm just gonna tell her to sit down and shut up before I hit her with a chair, it's not my fault she's jealous. -.-

outside of the required reading for my history class I've been keeping up okayly well this semester. ahhh First time I'm actually doing things in advance and planning and stuff, even if I dont follow everything to a tee, it still helps tremendously.
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I'm into the second week of the quarter, and so far I like my classes and professors, but I have a ton of homework to do this weekend. I have to study for my first chem midterm next week, write three entries in an annotated bibliography for my writing class (though realistically I need to do at least one or two more because I'll have to have six total entries by the end of next week), and do online genetics homework which the professor estimates at 30-40 questions, and it's due next Tuesday but isn't getting posted until Friday afternoon. Thank god for MLK Day.
    SS BQ:244 SRs |6608 REs |735 REs |3093 SRs |10711 SRs |2138 REs | Lapras - 3000 SRs
    Y BQ:3145 SRs |7741 REs |2468 REs |6912 REs | Bulbasaur - 25 SRs
    OR BQ:1294 SRs |519 REs | Granite Cave - 0 REs

My semester starts on Wednesday a week from now.

Got classes 4 straight days which is a first for me in college.

Operations & Supply Chain Management
    Applied Systems Analysis & Design
    Business Application Programming II
    Business Finance
    Principles of Management

These courses sound soooooo exciting.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 14th January 2015 at 10:52 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

Three days into spring semester and I have decided I am going to have to be holed up in my room reading all the time. I keep getting off focus and then end up upset at myself for it.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

I've got a fairly major assignment that needs to be completed over the Christamas holidays and I've completed about 4/5 sections of it, but I've just lost motivation to do the rest of it. School goes back in just under two weeks and it's due six days after that. The subject is Information Processing & Technology and the only reason I'm doing it is so I have a free period in year 12, seeing as it's an advanced subject. That means in year 11, I have to take one HSC/final exam, but at least I'll know what the pressure's like for my final year of high school.
    3DS FC:
    4940 - 6535 - 5488

Friend Safari: Fighting:
    Pancham, Machoke, Tyrogue.
    PM me if you add me.

I just had my English presentation, I almost got an A.
    The teacher said I looked like a teacher when I stood there by the whiteboard.
    And I got to record it, I didn't even prepare anything. Kinda just explained everything from a book I read lol

Team
    Mixtape
    Level 16

Dawg
    Level 10

Started second semester of my first semester in college! Okay so,
    I'm really liking my Psychology and English class. My new biology is alright, but I heard the professor is pretty tough, so I better keep my eyes out. I didn't do bad in my first semester of bio, but considering the fact that I'm majoring in it my grade needs to be wayy higher, but I don't know how i'll do it with a tough grader.
    But that's not my main concern. Then there's...dun..dun..dun...Organic Chemistry. Man, can't believe I thought general chem was a pain because this is worse.
    "I'll give you half of my life if you give me half of yours"
    Crazy Shipper|Misty, May, and Drew|Anime Fangirl

I missed the train and the teacher asked why I was late and I said I was just late.
    My teacher then said something about a getting a stick.
    Hahahahah I don't know.

The first 2 periods were school project class: Me and 3 classmates are a graphic design "company" and we have to design a chewing gum brand.
    The brand's name is "Chwe" and we have to think of a better name and try to think of a way how chewing gum can bring people together.

I had to make a paper display stand thing for the chewing gum package and the printer didn't work; I have to upload my stuff online to the college's printer but there was an error.
    I walked through the entire building because I looked for the ICT people, administration etc.
    Then I tried to manually print it via the college's local computers but it didn't work either.

I guess I have to print it when I'm home.

I have a lunch break now, I have math and Graphic design class later.
    We have to remake 3 logo's in Illustrator, I looked at the logo's, I think it will be a challenge, but I can do it!
    I got an A for making a vector art out of a photo of myself anyways :U

Team
    Mixtape
    Level 16

Dawg
    Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by OfCorsola View Post
    But that's not my main concern. Then there's...dun..dun..dun...Organic Chemistry. Man, can't believe I thought general chem was a pain because this is worse.
    I feel you. Back when I was a first year (taking general chem) I told myself GenChem is hard, Organic Chemistry is a whole lot harder..huhu. Good Luck on your Organic Chemistry

It's Friday here and we had no classes (because of the PapalVisit) Hooray for the Long weekend!.The start of 3rd Trimester was ok I guess,.but with my current major subjects, I think it'll be a whole lot of challenge.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || cr:baekhundred || hwaiting! || Inactive||

So the last two days were a blur of stress and emotional breakdowns.
    I don't think we as a group of friends have had a more stressful period since the summer exams last year and all it's resulted in is two people not talking to each other and me being referred to the psychotherapist...
    On the plus side: at least there's no pressing coursework deadlines I really need to worry about...

I'm only taking two classes right now, due to not having enough funds and still waiting on some financial aid stuff to go through. Sooo, my Winter/Spring is gonna be about Judo and English. Obviously not gonna be too stressful, as a matter of fact throwing people around in Judo will probably be a nice de-stresser LOL. I don't have the books for English, and I probably won't even bother getting them at all since I can just reserve them at the library. No point spending $200+ on books that I can read while I'm at school for free anyway.
    3DSXL FC: 4656-8034-3856
    Ice Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Lapras

Latest Shiny

We have project week in college and I chose for Motion Graphics, we get taught how to work with After Effects & Cinema 4D :U

I made a super cool animation with a shape
    and I had to make some kind of 10 second promotion for a Comedy Central or MTV show.
    Last edited by JingIeBeIls; 22nd January 2015 at 2:53 PM.

Team
    Mixtape
    Level 16

Dawg
    Level 10

One week back at school and somehow I am already behind. This is what I get for not getting enough sleep over the weekend.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

currently: going through 17 modules on ethics in social/behavioral research
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Welp, the first day of the semester AKA "Syllabus Day" is Wednesday. I got lucky with the scheduling this semester and all of my classes are afternoon/evening classes so no more waking up at 7AM to get ready for me.

Today was day 2 from the project week and a man who works for audiovisual company gave us tips and tricks on cinematography.
    I also filmed the shots for my video.
    Me and my friend have 2 different versions; In the second one I have special powers :U

Team
    Mixtape
    Level 16

Dawg
    Level 10

Finally got the media essay done...or at least to my standards. My lecturer may not share my opinion but at this point I don't think anyone really cares anymore we all just want to move on to the filming...which brings me to my next problem; how the heck I'm going to plan, film and edit a 5 minute music video in under 3 weeks.
    Who needs sleep? I sure as hell don't.

class starts next week and i finally get to register tomorrow. yippee. /sarcasm

but anyway, gonna register for (math-major level) statistics, group theory, senior lab II, some physics seminar, and numerical analysis. and then i get to graduate with my physics degree. and probably a math degree too.

Went to class, came out with an Eon Ticket! Also found some friends on campus that also play Pokemon. Kinda weird knowing that I talked to these guys every day and I'm just now discovering that some of them like Pokemon.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 21st January 2015 at 11:46 PM.

Cool

Today we had did motion tracking with After Effects and Cinema 4D.
    It was frustrating.
    First we didn't have Cinema 4D because my homeroom teacher was supposed to give us licenses last week and he never did.
    Than a lot of stuff didn't go the way we wanted, it even frustrated the teacher.

I made something.
    It's terrible lol

I don't have to go to college tomorrow.
    A lot of my classmates won't go, I might go because I want to know what the people from the other workshops made.
    There's also a party from 4 to 8.
    I could do that or just spend an entire Friday doing nothing.
    Last edited by JingIeBeIls; 22nd January 2015 at 2:47 PM. Reason: I had more stuff to say lol

Team
    Mixtape
    Level 16

Dawg
    Level 10

Page 447 of 456 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451 ... LastLast