Page 451 of 453 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453 LastLast
Results 11,251 to 11,275 of 11309

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ebevan91 View Post
    OK I'm getting sick of these snow days. 1 of my classes hasn't met in 2 weeks and 2 other classes have only met once in 2 weeks.
    Same here. I had an early release on Monday last week and had the rest of the week off due to ice. I went back yesterday, but am off again today, due to a completely unexpected snow storm that started sometime in the early morning hours.
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Zephraxe View Post
    Same here. I had an early release on Monday last week and had the rest of the week off due to ice. I went back yesterday, but am off again today, due to a completely unexpected snow storm that started sometime in the early morning hours.
    And then today one of those classes was supposed to meet but then I got an e-mail saying class was cancelled because the professor had to go to the doctor :|
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

So it snowed today, everyone freaked out. (I live in southern England right on the coast so snow is a rarity for us)
    It turned into slush within 20 minutes so that was a short-lived experience.
    And we drafted our filming schedule today, turns out we have a lot less time than we thought.
    Oh well.
    Found my way back here after what seems like forever, not much has changed.

My Tumblr (For all the fangirling trauma and day to day rambles hah)

Blargh, classes are kicking my butt right now.

I've got a research paper due next week on a large-scale project I've been working on about why local video game companies don't come to career fairs, a game audio project I'm working on with 3 other people that's also due next week, and I have to study for an electrical and computer engineering test this week and a final next week, and I'm a Computer science major. Not to mention, I've got internship interviews with companies during all of this, have to help run a school-side League of Legends Tournament, and I have to prepare for PAX East next week as well.

*insert picture of spiderman freaking out about how prom is tomorrow.*
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

LMAO, classes cancelled again. My Monday/Wednesday classes have been cancelled for the past 4 days.

Aaaaaaaand classes for tomorrow are cancelled too. The **** man? Back during high school I'd be all over this **** but not now when I'm paying out of pocket for some of my tuition.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 26th February 2015 at 2:09 AM.

LMAO, classes cancelled again. My Monday/Wednesday classes have been cancelled for the past 4 days.

Aaaaaaaand classes for tomorrow are cancelled too. The **** man? Back during high school I'd be all over this **** but not now when I'm paying out of pocket for some of my tuition.
    I'll gladly take some of that snow off your hands if it means I get a few extra days to work on my research paper and study for my chem midterm next week. : P

I did get some good feedback today on the current draft of said paper, though, and I'm starting to feel a bit better about the chem concepts (and the professor basically told us two of the questions that were going to be on the exam). So all in all, not a bad day.

SoulSilver BadgeQuest Progress:
    244 SRs | 6608 REs | 735 REs | 3093 SRs | 10711 SRs | 2138 REs | Lapras - 700 SRs

Y BadgeQuest Progress:
    3145 SRs | 7741 REs | 2468 REs | Route 8 - 4000 REs

Other hunts: Reshiram - 7727 SRs - Complete! | Noibat (MM) - 450 eggs

I'm feeling a bit old in this forum. Just have to say that the school were the worst times of my life, since I was a rebellious student and hated going to school, although adored some of my classmates.
    Now I'm in another phase of my life, and college and work is much better

But i would like to know, in general, how do you feel about school? Like, you do not like or was it just me?
    I ask this because schools in Brazil boring but in places like Canada, Australia or United States is another education system and seems more interesting.

Everyone with your cancelled classes. Oi. If I had more than 1-2 days of class cancelled in college I would be upset. That stuff is way too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshal View Post
    Everyone with your cancelled classes. Oi. If I had more than 1-2 days of class cancelled in college I would be upset. That stuff is way too expensive.
    Luckily for me the temperature is supposed to get back into the 40s-low 50s next week. I've missed one of my classes 4 times in a row and other classes I've missed 4 out of 5 meetings. SOOOOOOOO much cramming will have to be done next week.

Luckily for me the temperature is supposed to get back into the 40s-low 50s next week. I've missed one of my classes 4 times in a row and other classes I've missed 4 out of 5 meetings. SOOOOOOOO much cramming will have to be done next week.
    I would be very ready to kill the members of the board at my university. I missed one day and was pretty upset. :| It's good that you're going to be getting back though!

Great, suddenly a ton to do after being horribly ill. I'm still in a state where I don't feel up to doing anything, but I know I have a lot to do.

Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

Goodbye vacation.
    Everyone from my class said that the vacation went to fast.
    I'm that super postive guy who enjoyed every second of it.
    We started the day with some modeling in Cinema 4D.
    Then I photographed some frames for my stopmotion animation during Audiovisual class.
    I made a mindmap and edited an old assignment during school project class.
    And I finished most of my lip sync animation during Audiovisual class.
    Missed the train home and another train that stops at the same station with WiFi.
    I took another train to that station and that's where I am now lol

what the heck i just got a detention for bringing an orange to school and using it to set up puns

orange these teachers supposed to get mad at real offenses

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    what the heck i just got a detention for bringing an orange to school and using it to set up puns

orange these teachers supposed to get mad at real offenses
    I'd send you to detention too for making up such an awful pun, orange you going to think of anything better to say?

I'd send you to detention too for making up such an awful pun, orange you going to think of anything better to say?
    look man, im just sayin these teaches need to re-orange their punishment priorities

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

I had a horrible day of classes today. I only had two, but one was chem and we were talking about polyprotic acid titrations, which was very boring. Then I went to my five hour chem lab, where we were using an ion exchange columnto titrate, but the column didn't work, so we did the other assigned titrations and waited to see if the column would start working. It never did. We started prepping it at 12:30 and our TA told us to not worry about it at 5:00. We wasted four and a half hours of the lab watching the ion exchange column fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by carnivalmar View Post
    leern to spel i canot reed
    Ironic, isn't it?

Quite a busy day today, it started with a bit of peer review of each others showreels and websites, then I made a 90 second long edit of one of my camera assessments to send away for my university application. After that I finished the 15 minute long compilation of films showreel for that same application.
    Later I began uploading the 2 hour long show I filmed for the head of drama to Google Drive, while waiting for that I continued editing my final project, I definitely have to reshoot some scenes, I'm not happy with it. The main problem is a lamp that shouldn't be visible in one shot, the rest I can live with, but ideally I'd redo the whole thing with better equipment.
    When I got home I finished the essay I have to write for that application, it has to be about analysing a scene from a movie from a specific viewpoint. I chose to do it about the visual/audible aspects of the Crazy 88 fight scene from Kill Bill vol 1.

My school got an early dismissal today! It was very welcomed, and this is only the second one I think I've ever had. So, today was pretty easy: came in, aced a test, did some boring english crap, and left.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny:

Current Hunt: Reshiram
    http://m.imgur.com/aruZZfz

Had my last midterm of the quarter today in o-chem. I was really stressed out about this test beforehand but I think I actually did pretty well. It wasn't absurdly easy but it wasn't impossibly difficult either. Now all I have to worry about before finals is finishing up my research paper and doing a genetics assignment. So happy that this quarter is almost over.

SoulSilver BadgeQuest Progress:
    244 SRs | 6608 REs | 735 REs | 3093 SRs | 10711 SRs | 2138 REs | Lapras - 700 SRs

Y BadgeQuest Progress:
    3145 SRs | 7741 REs | 2468 REs | Route 8 - 4000 REs

Other hunts: Reshiram - 7727 SRs - Complete! | Noibat (MM) - 450 eggs

All the days are blurring into one continuous day...
    So I've got my A2 film draft deadline on Tuesday, we spent most of Monday afternoon filming after a session last Friday afternoon. We reviewed all our footage and discovered that all of Monday's footage was too dark to do anything with so now we have to refilm it tomorrow and finish the rest of it this Friday...and then we have to edit it all together.
    My extra-credit film assignment has finally gotten off the ground; we've gotten a filming date and we're just tying up loose ends with the locations, we'll just have to wait and see where that goes.

And then we have my stupid weakness to help those in need coming into play; whilst sat planning my extra credit assignment two of my film studies classmates came in and said "we really need your help" so I agreed to basically be the protagonist in their coursework...despite the fact I cannot act to save my life...but they seem satisfied with my mediocre attempts. I didn't leave college til 5:30pm and then didn't get home til 7pm...
    I'm tired...and I want to sleep for a few weeks.
    Found my way back here after what seems like forever, not much has changed.

My Tumblr (For all the fangirling trauma and day to day rambles hah)

Another snow day...

At least this time it's on Thursday and I haven't missed my Tuesday/Thursday classes much, yet.

So, snow has blanketed DC and classes are canceled. Too bad my Asian Studies professor decided to make our scheduled midterm online at the last minute. Hooray.

We had a delay this morning, and then right after our bus made its last stop, they cancelled school, so we turned around and went home! It should've been a snow day to begin with though.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Recent Shiny:

Current Hunt: Reshiram
    http://m.imgur.com/aruZZfz

Well since no school today, my spring break technically just started

Too bad I still have to work nearly every day of my spring break though :|

There should be an anti-procrastination course cause omg I so need it
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress