Page 432 of 432 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432
Results 10,776 to 10,781 of 10781

Thread: The Student Lounge Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Haven't been posting lately, sorry guys.

So July 5 was AP results day. I got a "4" in AP Human Geography. I was disappointed at first, since I really wanted to get a "5" but I guess it's my fault for underestimating the essay. I heard so much people from College Board say that it was an easy test, so I barely studied. Oh well, at least I learned my lesson. This year hopefully I'll get a "5" in AP World History.

Also, how did you guys do? I'm curious to know how you did!
    How do the grades work with AP?

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Quote Originally Posted by Roseheart95 View Post
    How do the grades work with AP?
    Your AP exam score ranges from 1 to 5, depending how you do. You then take your AP scores and compare them to the AP score requirements of the institution(s) you're interested in. Generally, a 3 is considered passing, but it's not always the case. For example, Rutgers Univ. (where I go) only accepts 4's and 5's. I think Princeton only excepts 5's for Calculus but don't quote me on that. If you have a score that is acceptable to whatever school you plan on going to, then you can go into that school with college credits. It's great because you have the opportunity to get your prerequisites out of the way. Some people graduate early because of all the AP credit they come into school with. And the best part is that AP credit doesn't contribute to your GPA, so as long as it's a passing score it doesn't really matter.
    Last edited by flamebeam; 8th July 2014 at 4:09 PM.

Conquest: A Fan Fiction

Credit to Brutaka

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Did anybody else get less money from financial aid for the upcoming semester? Thank god the price of off-campus is so cheap that I'm still paying less this year.
    I got so much money from financial aid that I basically don't have to pay tuition this year.

Anyway, fall classes:

Public Policy Formulation & Implementation (PUBAFRS 6000)
    Public Sector Economics (PUBAFRS 6030)
    Public Affairs Statistics (PUBAFRS 6070)
    Written and Oral Communication Skills (PUBAFRS 6500)

Scheduling information is down right now (OSU's doing some kind of server upgrade) but I definitely don't have any classes on Fridays.
    last.fm
    facebook

OFFICIAL ATTACK HUCKSTER OF SPP
    If you see this sig in the debate forum, you're definitely doing something wrong.

Tomorrow is the portfolio showing. I'm feeling a bit confident I'll do fine. My demo reel's all ready to go, and I'm preparing myself to answer questions the employer critic is going to ask me. It'd probably be a bit odd that a film student's portfolio reel doesn't really consist of anything film related (like editing, cinematography, gaffer work), but I went into the program for the animation classes anyway, even though in the end I found myself preferring to draw more than I do animate, even though what I have animated I enjoyed doing. For sure I'll continue to work with Cinema 4D and I'll go into Flash so I can do animation stuff on my own time, but we'll see what happens.

Still feels really weird I'm graduating college.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by flamebeam View Post
    Please tell me you're being sarcastic. A B is a great grade for high school, and the only way an AP class matters in college is if you take the AP exam. And if you get a passing grade for the AP exam, if you choose to expect those credits for college, then you'll just get the credits without a grade assigned to it, meaning your AP credits don't contribute to your college GPA. So again, I just wanna say, to make it clear, that you're absolutely overreacting, if this is a straightforward post. You're probably gonna cringe if you ever read this post or remember it while in college.
    (just now replying to this because i forgot i actually post things on serebii)

I was being completely satirical, I really could not care less about my grades as long as I pass my classes. The university I'm thinking about going to (NC State) is virtually a guarantee for me to get in to with my previous grades and SAT/ACT scores

Speaking of AP classes, I made a 4 on the Bio exam. Considering my useless teacher and the fact that my version of the exam was one of the hardest this year, I'm content with it.

I got my stipend from my summer program and it was $1250. I was happy all day until my roommate told me that he needs $562 for the security deposit for our off-campus house and $375 for the first month of rent in 2 weeks. And then I have to buy furniture for the house. So basically my money is spent before I even checked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxe View Post
    (just now replying to this because i forgot i actually post things on serebii)

I was being completely satirical, I really could not care less about my grades as long as I pass my classes. The university I'm thinking about going to (NC State) is virtually a guarantee for me to get in to with my previous grades and SAT/ACT scores

Speaking of AP classes, I made a 4 on the Bio exam. Considering my useless teacher and the fact that my version of the exam was one of the hardest this year, I'm content with it.
    That's what I got too, but more because I didn't study as much as I should've.

Conquest: A Fan Fiction

Credit to Brutaka

Page 432 of 432 FirstFirst ... 332382422428429430431432