Yeah, the US schools get about 2 weeks for break (except for the year-round schools). Universities get a month though.
Where I am in Canada we get two weeks of break, ours doesn't start till the 24th
Damn, missed 1001th post!
@Spookz: Wow, 10 days? Seriously?
Again?!. Wow...this is horrible.
A rather interesting conversation took place yesterday in science. We had to build a foam model of a hill. (how fun.) There were two holes: hole a and hole b.
Teacher: So for step one you put the wooden stick (holds up awl used for holding pieces together) down the a-hole.
Class: * spontaneous laughter *
Teacher: wait what did I just say?
(by now I'm laughing so hard I was crying)
I did not make this up.
Winter Concert in 1 week. I'm sounding pretty good.
This one time, my band teacher was getting really mad at my class partly because of insubordination, and partly because we were terrible. (Luckily I'm in an awesome band now) He was giving instruction to the clarinet players on how to use the banana key on their instrument and what notes it was for. Someone asked, "Where is the banana key?" and at this point, the teacher was furious and he shouted out, "It's the little thingy that sticks out right below the a-hole!"
I think I only get 9 days off, and today was my first day back to school, wasn't too swamped with homework fortunately.
Lots and lots of a-hole stories... I might have a good one that my friend told me.
So one day, everyone was doing a dress rehearsal for the concert coming up inthe band room. Then a superintendent or someone else important walked in with some teachers. H introduced himself and said "How are your students today?" without skipping a beat the band teacher replied "Their fingering is great, but they need to work on their blowing a little bit more. It's not satisfactory." obviously he meant to say that, but it was funny nonetheless.
I got to go to a talent show the 21st, and it's going to be a comedy routine, just like always. I found out that not many kids joined, so I might be able to steal all the extra time because the teachers favor my act more then anyone elses, which is awesome Lol
I'm also setting up a SSBB tourny in my school.
Meh, working on sig...
Study days start tomorrow, so all of us in college know what that makes tonight for me....
I have claimed Giratina
Relatively unrelated, but it also explains my huge absence. And it's mostly school related (I say mostly, but there's other factors. I'm not going to bother with the nitty gritty, so let's stick to the main stuff).
So, been working on assignments left, right and center, been at the school labs working on them, and in general have just been doing school related work.
However, as the semester draws to a close, here's what I have in my itinerary for the next week ahead (or 7 days, if you'd prefer):
1. Print off "portfolio" for Psychology class and deposit into teacher's "dropbox" (really just a cardboard box with his name on it that we just put or assignment into)
2. Work on some coding for Game Dev class, in which I need to put some visual appeal to a nearly completed and functional game of BlackJack. Some minor little details here and there, but I'll manage.
3. Studying for a Math/Physics finale, in which it's open book, and we pretty much have ALL notes at our disposal. Trick is, of course, using them for the right instances. Also, we have a pretty decent review sheet for us to use, so that's always good.
4. Continue work on a drawing for Life Drawing class (or just general drawing, since that's pretty much what's it's amounted to lately). I've gotten the line art done (doing mine in photoshop), I just need to fix up some things, do some alterations here and there, and then colour it.
5. Check to see what needs to be done for English. I honestly don't care that much about it, but it's online thing that needs to be done, so I guess I'll look into it. Not really bothering to much with it, but I'll do it.
6. Spruce up my Sound Design project. I was able to start and finish it within 2 days time, so I feel pretty confident about it. Mainly just making it sound good, so probably just altering some timing and the volume on some of the sound effects. But otherwise, it's pretty solid.
Phew! Well, yeah, now you can get an idea as to what I've been up to lately. It wasn't always like this, but as soon as this one assignment was finished, I just had this suspicion things were going to get hectic. And boy was I not surprised, hahaha!
"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."
"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."
This is my first semester as a college freshman, so I'm getting nervous over finals, mostly because I have a really nice scholarship that I don't want to lose ($14,000).
I'm sure they'll be fine, but they are all ahead of me, so I don't know what to expect.
Can't wait till 1pm on the 21st, I'll get my month of vacation started!
Battle Maison Team
Best Win Streak: 54
3DS FC: 3325-1721-6092
Onix / Shuckle / Nosepass
Water Pipe connecting to my house and my neighbors is broken due to nearby construction.
I can't go to school with no water to get ready with >.<
It's the last day of classes and I'm sitting in my networking class waiting for the Professor to come around and check my server configuration. Everyone took the server setup option instead of the networking project because they thought it would be easier. Unfortunately I think I'm one of 2 or 3 out of 35 who actually got any of it working correctly.
I think I'm next and even though I'm confident I'm still sweating up the storm; it's also freezing in here due to it being a server room.
EDIT: Yup, I was next and WOOT! 10 points for installing and configuring a server with Linux, 20 points for setting up the server as a DHCP server, 25 points for setting it up as DNS server, 20 points for setting it up as a secure Apache web server, 10 points for setting my desktop to use the server to get its IP and routing information, and lastly 0 points for setting up a webpage to change the server password over the net(no time to work out the bugs). I'm happy with an 85/100 considering he didn't actually teach us ANY of that stuff.
Last edited by ChedWick; 9th December 2011 at 4:26 PM.
Everyone's gone home for Christmas and I'm now here till next Monday due to work. ): It's nice and quiet though so it should be easy to do all my work. Last day at Uni was good too, we did nothing and just joked about one of our perverted lecturers. (: Now I'm just waiting on my Computing Systems Fundamentals assignment grades. I'm hoping it went well, I think it did...