Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Beartic Mountain Feud! (707)

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    I missed this episode when it aired, and because of that, I need to ask, how did they pronounce Mienfoos name in the episode, it's one of the hardest Pokemon names to pronounce, and I've always pronounced it "Mine-foo"
    "Me-en-foo" Mienfoo.

Random : PokéRadar

So we join the gang on a mountain after a fierce storm. They find a cubchoo which has became lost from its beartic gang so they decide to try and help them. They meet a mountain ranger who tells them that there is in fact two beartic gangs and they don't get along which is strange and they soon discover it is due to a food shortage.

Eventually, the two gangs clash. Cubchoo is happy to see his gang but the two gangs arent happy to see each other so they explode into sheer colds which causes a land slide which is crashing straight into the pokemon! So they work together to save the pokemon and they become best of friends.

Meanwhile the subway bosses are trying to find the 'ghost train' made by team rocket but at the moment to no available.

I enjoyed this episode. Bring on the next one .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Earthia100 View Post
    I'm waiting for James to say something like "I don't feel comfortable stealing all these Pokemon!"

Jesse "It's our job! We've been doing it for years!"

James "But we never actually succeeded did we?!"

Jesse "oh, right..."
    They did that back in Kanto, in the Digda episode :P

"Let's try a sneak attack, like we usually do!"
    "Do we usually win?"
    "...no."

Not a bad episode as opposed to the last couple of ones, it's nice to see them actually doing something that's actually believable in the world of Pokemon. I'd say the only annoying part was Oshawott he just seemed out of place in this episode.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Finally watched this episode.

I enjoyed the episode, a little more then the Japanese version, just because I love Meowth's dub voice.

For some reason I was expecting Cubchoo to sound exactly as it did.

Mienfoo's dub voice was fine but I wasn't crazy about it. Nice to hear the pronunciation of it's name, I wasn't ever sure how it was suppose to be pronounced I always jokingly referred to it as "My-in-fo/My info" just because every time I look at the name and try and pronounce it, that's how it came out as, haha.

Cliff sounded nice, although I wouldn't have expected him with that voice.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    "Me-en-foo" Mienfoo.
    Actually it was "myen-foo".

Second post, yay!

This episode was exellent, in my opinion. No stupidity, no rush. It got right down with action and humor. yay! I love Mienfoo, and this ep was good because of Mienfoo. I also learned how to pronounce the name. Cubchoo were always fun for me, I dubbed them "Fuffle" because that's their cry in the game. So I was like "It's a wild Fuffle! Run for your life!"

LOL I'm random. Meowth getting caught (almost, anyways) and then popping out and screaming that it was getting old was totally awesome. Oshawott and Meowth are so funny together, I think I might of broke a rib laughing. Good ep, very good!

Spoiler:- Some Things:

I'm surprised Chris Sabat was in this. Him as Vegeta made me think he would be the last person to voice in Pokemon.
    Black FC: 3568 3170 8116

In Pokewalker:

This episode was so cute. ^_^ Even knowing what cubchoo's... uh, snot bubble... is, it's still a great episode. I like Meowth's more warm and fuzzy episodes. It's nice to see him actually interacting with the twerps in a nice way too, even considering we know the boom's about to drop.

9/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Chris Sabat's only cameo in Pokemon to date (probably his only one for a while or at all, too), and may I say I am happy TPCi did something I like here out of the many things they've really taken away from the dub's quality. Though, that voice is not the right one for Cliff anyway (is it just me or does Cliff look like he took a wee bit too many drugs and is on crack? XD). Anyway, that's the animators fault and not TPCi's, so I do not blame them at all.

Cliff had a good voice actually (it's rare I say that about someone in this dub, but he did), Ash's voice is passable as always but nothing special in the BW Saga, Cilan is the same and really bland with Griffith, Eileen is horrible at Iris as always). But who REALLY dropped the ball here (and may I just say is extremely agitating) is James Cathcart's Meowth in this episode. Seriously, he's freaking horrible at emoting with this character, and this episode just shows that. Miserable at Meowth's soft side is putting it very lightly here IMHO. -_-

Lisa Ortiz's generic voice for Oshawott does little to help aid matters, and there's little to no chemistry between those two voices at all.

Sub: 75/100
    Dub: 50/100 (Standout: Chris Sabat's Cliff)
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I didn't really like this filler; it was just really predictable with the whole separated Pokemon thing. Even Meowth's involvement didn't make the episode any more unique imo. There were some highlights though. I loved seeing the Beartic on four legs for instance; I always assumed they were bipedal. And seeing that forest ranger guy attempt to catch Meowth was funny. Even Ingo and Emmet's cameos were nice. However, the episode was too crowded with Pokemon. Not only did we have the missing Cubchoo along with the usual Pokemon like Pikachu, Axew, and Meowth, but Mienfoo, Tepig, and Oshawott were also involved and with the angry Beartic running around the forest too, this episode was a bit too full of Pokemon for my tastes.

This episode starts with Ash and others on a mountain after a storm. There they find a Cubchoo who has became lost from it's beartic group, so they decides to help it to runiting with it's group. They meet a mountain ranger, Cliff. He tells them that there's two gangs of Beartic, who does not get along well. Then he tries to catch MEOWTH, (This time it's not Iris!) but thankfully he breaks out of the Pokéball.
    Later, the two gangs fights. The lost Cubchoo is happy after seeing it's group, but the two groups aren't happy to see each other. so they starts batelling and uses sheer colds, which causes four boulders to crashing and falling towards the Pokemon! Ash's Pikachu, Tepig, Oshawott destroys three boulders and the both Beartic groups work together to destroy the last boulder. I'm glad both groups become good friends in the end.

Overall this episode was pretty good,
    I enjoyed watching it. The scene where the mountain ranger tries to catch Meowth was funny.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234