Thread: The War for Unova

Default The War for Unova

The War for Unova
    PG-15

Prologue-The Rage of Zekrom

The cold snow fell and the storm was approaching fast. Lightning began to crackle and split the skies above the pair of trainers as they finally reached the top of Dragonspiral tower. They emerged from the great, winding staircase, and before them stood the beast of lightning.
    . . .
    The mammoth pillars surrounded him, and the great beast let out a ferocious roar. The beast was black in color, with patches of blue all over it. It called forth great lightning, a sound that pierced the blackening skies, and blasted Leo’s eardrums, making him fall to the ground in pain.

“Leo, get up!” a girl shouted.

Leo could hear her, but the girl’s voice seemed so far away.
    Blood roared in his ears as he got to his feet.

“What is it?” Leo shouted.

“It’s the legendary Pokemon of Unova, Zekrom!” the girl shouted.

Leo realized that there was no way he and Amber could survive Zekrom’s rage. They stood atop Dragonspiral Tower, waiting for the legendary beast to make its killing blow.

“Damnit, we have to try something!” Leo screeched. He thought of something, though it might be too risky to try. There was no other choice.

“Go, Excadrill!”

“Drill-Excadrill!”

“This may be risky, but we have to stop Zekrom!” exclaimed Leo.

“Amber, listen to me! I’m going to make Excadrill use Earthquake! Get your Sigilyph to use Gravity so that Zekrom stays grounded to the tower!”

Amber nodded at Leo’s command, and sent out Sigilyph.
    “Use Gravity, Sigilyph!” she commanded.
    “Sigil…YPH!!!”

“Excadrill, now use Earthquake!” Leo shouted.

Excadrill did as his trainer commanded, and the tower began to shake violently. The power of Excadrill’s Earthquake was so fierce, that Zekrom toppled off the tower and fell to the water below. A gargantuan wave swept over the tower.

“Amber, grab my hand, we have to jump!”

Amber and Leo quickly returned their Pokemon to their Pokeballs. Amber put her hand into Leo’s, and they dove into the water below, just as Dragonspiral Tower collapsed behind them.
    A proud member of the

Currently Playing
    Pokemon Black

Spoiler:- Claims~:

Wow! Great start to the story! I really enjoyed it, looks like this will be an exciting adventure! I did see a few mistakes:

“This may be risky, but we have to stop Zekrom!” exclaimed Leo.

“Amber, listen to me! I’m going to make Excadrill use Earthquake! Get your Sigilyph to use Gravity so that Zekrom stays grounded to the tower!”
    This shouldn't be a separate paragraph, it should be linked together, since it's the same person speaking.

Amber nodded at Leo’s command, and sent out Sigilyph.
    “Use Gravity, Sigilyph!” she commanded.
    “Sigil…YPH!!!”
    I think, this should be:

Amber nodded at Leo’s command, and sent out Sigilyph. “Use Gravity, Sigilyph!” she commanded.

“Sigil…YPH!!!”

Anyway, awesome story, I can't wait for the next chapter!
    Remember, don't worry about the choices that you make now. Because you will 100% regret anything your younger self did/said whatever it was when you grow up some. So go on, aim for your dreams and enjoy the present~

Thank you! I really appreciate the feedback, and for correcting my mistakes. I've always enjoyed writing, and my teachers have always said I'm gifted with it. So, yea, haha, thanks again!
    A proud member of the

Currently Playing
    Pokemon Black

Chapter 1-A Decision Is Made

Darkness was all he could see, all he could feel. Leo’s lungs screamed for air. Suddenly, his eyes snapped open. He felt Amber beside him, their hands still clasped together.

With a surge of energy, he pulled Amber and himself up out of the water. They took in a deep, long breath of air. All around them, they could see black skies, lightning still flashing frequently. Dragonspiral tower was gone, just a pile of smoking ruins.

“A-amber…” Leo’s voice was weak, and his breaths came in ragged gasps. “Where’s Zekrom?”

Amber looked around, but all she could see was the water around them and the ruins of the tower.
    “Gone, I think.” She gasped for air. “Come on, we have to get to shore.”

Leo and Amber swam through the icy-cold water, and quickly met the shore. They hauled themselves out of the water, and thumped down on their backs beside each other.

“Amber…we shouldn’t have come to Dragonspiral tower. Your father warned us of the danger, but-“

Before Leo could finish speaking, he coughed up a lungful of water. Not much later, Amber did the same. As they lay there, still gasping for air, the clouds began to recede, and the lightning stopped its’ vicious rampage. The night sky was clear, with only the full moon illuminating the sky.

“Leo.” Amber finally said. “We have to get back to Icirrus City, it’s not that far.”

“I know, Amber, but your father is going to be furious at what we’ve done.”

“There’s no other choice.” said Amber weakly.

The pair got to their feet, buffeted by the chilly winds. Ahead, they could see the lights of the city. Walking slowly at first, and then speeding up to a jog, the trainers who had survived Zekrom’s rage returned to Icirrus City.

. . .

“You did WHAT?” Amber’s father asked them.

“Mr. Brycen, sir, please-“

“You two could have gotten KILLED! Zekrom is not a force to be reckoned with, especially by two teenagers as yourselves!”

Brycen, usually a quiet man, was furious. He rarely yelled, and Amber knew by this unusual behavior that he was extremely angry.

“Father, we didn’t WANT this to happen! It wasn’t our fault! All we intended to do was to go to Dragonspiral tower to talk and train our Pokemon.”

Brycen calmed down, furrowing his brow. “Alright…alright. You’re both fine, but please, be more cautious. Unova is a dangerous place right now, you know that. Even though most of Team Plasma is long gone, war still surrounds us.”

“Brycen, sir, you know that Amber and I have wanted to join the fight for a long time. Even though the dragon Pokémon are corrupt, we know that there has to be a way to save them.”

After the conflict with Team Plasma, N and his Reshiram went into hiding. They hid for two years, and after they showed themselves again, N took control of every dragon Pokemon in Unova. He created an army of unstoppable dragons, which scorched towns and settlements, and anyone who stood in their path.

“Leo, N and his dragons are an extremely powerful force. I fear that even my ice Pokemon would be no match for him. There is hope, though. I have heard rumors of a resistance force forming in Anville town.”

Leo and Amber gave each other a knowing look, and they knew the other was thinking the same thing. They wanted to join, they wanted to fight N and his dragons, no matter what the cost.

Amber stepped forward, and Leo did the same. Their hands found each other and they clasped them together.

“We want to go to Anivlle town, Mr. Brycen. We want to fight for the future of Unova. Castelia and Nimbasa have already fallen to N. We can’t let more cities be captured.”

Brycen stared at the pair for what seemed like forever. He could see their resolve and feel their passion, for each other and for Unova. There was no way he could deny their request.

“Very well then. You and Amber will leave for Anivlle town tomorrow. Now, though, get some rest. You’ll need as much strength as possible for what’s to come.”
    Last edited by Zekrom77; 18th September 2011 at 6:31 PM.
    A proud member of the

Currently Playing
    Pokemon Black

Chapter 2-Inferno
    “Leo, Amber!” whispered Brycen fiercely.

“Ugh…what is it, father?” asked a half asleep Amber.

“We have to go, now!” Brycen told them, slightly raising his voice.

“Brycen, it’s four in the morning…go back to sleep.” replied Leo, rolling over in his bed.

“We have to get you two to Anville town, so get UP!” yelled Brycen, exiting the room.

With that, Leo and Amber’s eyes snapped open. They leapt out of their beds and quickly dressed, realizing that they needed to get going.

Leo was a boy of 16. He had short brown hair, and wore a pair of expensive glasses, crafted by a glassblower from a distant region. He was fairly strong, and could withstand a lot of pain before admitting defeat.

Amber, also 16, had soft brown hair that reached to her shoulders. On either side of her head, she had a purple and blue streak of hair, as they were her favorite colors.

Dressed and ready to go, Leo asked Amber, “Which Pokemon are you bringing along? Brycen told me to only bring one.”

Amber, still doing her hair, replied, “Only one? Hm, well, I suppose I can take along my Arcanine. What about you?”

Leo grinned, then said “Oh, me? I’m bringing along the power-house; TYRANITAR!”

Amber laughed at his childishness, finishing her hair. “Haha, well, I’m sure my father is outside already. Let’s not keep him waiting.”
    And with that, Leo and Amber walked outside into the cold morning air.

. . .

Still nighttime, the stars in the sky were out in abundance, with the waning moon shining brightly overhead. The grass was frosted over, as usual, and there were no Pidoves chirping. The quiet morning silence was quite ominous.

Hearing the door creak open, Brycen whirled around to meet Amber and Leo. In each of his hands, he held a rucksack.

“Here, take these.”, said Brycen, handing Leo the rucksack. “Inside are multiple Full Restores and Max Revives for your Pokémon. Food-wise, there are berries inside also.

“Thank you, Brycen.” Leo said, nodding.

Clearing his throat, Brycen spoke once again, using a more formal tone.
    “Amber and Leo, you must travel to Anville town. There, a resistance force has been formed. Word has gotten out that are looking for recruits, so seeing you two will be a pleasant sight for them, I’m sure. I would have you fly there, but N’s dragons are constantly patrolling the skies, guarding it from those who wish to fly.”

“Now, children, it’s time to go.” said Brycen.

. . .

Brycen led Leo and Amber outside the city, directly to the forest. The sun was finally beginning to rise, and a light snow was falling as they continued walking. Finally, they reached the edge of a forest. Brycen spoke.

“Here, I must leave you. Find the resistance, and fight for all of Unova. I’ll be rooting for you back home.”

With those final words, Brycen gave Leo and Amber a hug and wished them luck on the long journey ahead.

“Well, well, isn’t that sweet?”
    A man cloaked in shadows was watching from afar.

“And who might you be?” asked Leo nervously.
    The man stepped forward, a grin covering his face.
    Leo, Amber, and Brycen gasped in shock and fear.

“Yes, it is I, N Harmonia, ruler of Unova. I have come for you two, Leo and Amber. Rumor has it that you two are trainers of a high degree. I’d like you to join me.”
    “We will never join you, N!” shouted Amber.
    “And why is that, my child?”
    Leo knew exactly what to say. “Because you’re a heartless monster that has no soul and only wishes to control and enslave us all.”

“HOW DARE YOU!” roared N.
    Lifting his right hand into the air, he shouted a single word. “RESHIRAM!!!”

Amber, Leo, and Brycen turned to run, only to be stopped by a Salamence, which towered over them.

“Amber, Leo!” said Brycen quickly. “Run, get back to the city!”
    The kids turned and ran, right back to Icirrus city. Behind them, they could hear Brycen battling the Salamence.

“Amber, quickly, we must get back to the city. When we get there, we’ll go out the back way to the forest!” exclaimed Leo.

Amber nodded quickly, both of them still running. They could see houses in the distance. They were almost there. Then, in the sky above them, they saw N riding Reshiram through the sky. He began to descend over the city, just as Leo and Amber arrived.

“NOW, CHILDREN, YOU WILL GET YOUR FIRST TASTE OF WHAT WAR REALLY IS!” roared N. “RESHIRAM! TURN THIS PUTRID CITY INTO A BLAZING INFERNO!”

With that, Reshiram’s tail began to gather white flames, and the legendary Pokémon shot fire from its mouth, lighting the city up. With flames.

Amber and Leo rolled out of the way, and they ran back to Brycen. But Brycen wasn’t there. From behind, they could hear chaos in the city. Starting to get exhausted, they knew they had to keep going.

“Leo, we have to go.” said Amber reluctantly, tears forming in her eyes.
    “I’m not leaving Brycen behind. Get into the forest; I’ll meet up with you! Now go!” yelled Leo.

He ran as fast as he could back to the city. But when he arrived, Leo stood there, mouth agape at the roaring inferno before him. Buildings were turned to ash. People lie dead in the street, burned alive. The city was still on fire, very much so. Looking around, Leo couldn’t see N anywhere, or Brycen, for that matter.

Leo sent out Tyranitar. “Use Surf, Tyranitar!”
    Tyranitar summoned water from the water hole in the city, and washed away the flames, leaving behind white ash falling from the sky.

Assessing the damage, Leo returned Tyranitar to its pokeball. Bodies, everywhere, and the stench was almost unbearable. Leo gagged, and vomited a bit at the horrible smell. Still walking forward, Leo tripped over something.

“Damnit!” said Leo. “What the h-“.

But he stopped.

Lying in front of him was a limp body, severely burnt.

A body that belonged to Brycen.
    A proud member of the

Currently Playing
    Pokemon Black