Thread: Pokemon Dream World ID Exchange Thread

Threaded View

Default Pokemon Dream World ID Exchange Thread

Want to make Dream World friend with people you know from the Forums? This is the place to come! Using a special method, you can.

Original thread on Bulbagarden forums, HERE. I'm not taking credit for this. Just tellin' you how.

Information you may want to know.
    Ever wondered why you've never been able to find someone on the dream world? Well, it could either be an unfortunate coincidence, or there could be a reason for this. You see, the Pokemon Dream World has Four Servers with different people on each server. You have a server. And you can only make friends with someone on that server. It's just the way the Dream World works, unfortunately. Not even the method here will work on other servers. But it does make looking for people on your server ridiculously easy.

What you'll need.
    • You will need Global Link and Dream World, and the ability to get friends. If you're still using the trial version, this won't work.
    • Your DW Server and ID on that server. Information is below regarding this.
    • The DW Server and ID of whoever you want to befriend. People will post them here.

Step One- Getting your Server and Id Number.
    You will need these, as said, to be able to connect with others. The Server number will tell you if you can connect to people and is used later on. The ID Number is for other people to know.

The Steps to this are below:
    1. First, open the Global Link. You will, obviously, already need and account and Pokemon Black/White and No Trial version.
    2. Once logged in, Open up the links below. Once again they're sorted by region.

Clicking on that link will either download a text file or show some blank text in your browser in a new tab. It should look something like this: Click Me!
    3. Now then, the final part. On your text file, you should have two things amongst all of the jumbled mess of characters. Use Ctrl + F [Google Chrome, not sure for otehr users] to find things quicker. You want to look for:
      • “member_savedata_id”:“[ID#]”
      • “world_id”:“[#]”
      • Note: The # signs and the Square brackets won't be there, instead there will be your number.

The First number if your Individual ID. As you may be able to see form my picture, mine is 948133.
      The second number corresponds to your server number. It'll be 1-4. Mine is 3, as you may be able to see from the picture.
    4. Finally, post the result here! I will have a list later in this post of everyone's Server and ID for those who want to add people.

Step Two- "Visiting" someone else's island.
    Now we get down to actually adding someone. But before we can Virtually request their friendship, we have to virtually find the person's island. here is how you do this:
    1. Get the Server Number [Providing it matches your own] and the ID Number of the person you want to visit/befriend.
    2. Log into the Global Link.
    3. Go to the Dream World and your Dream Isle. You must be on the Dream World for this to work. Just seen this thread and just woke up your Pokemon? Too bad, wait 'till tomorrow.
    4. Open a new Tab and post this:
      Code:
      pdw#.pokemon-gl.com/api/?p=pdw%2Ehome%2Efriend%5Fisland&friend%5Fmember%5Fsavedata%5Fid=######
      Remember- You can only visit and befriend people on your server!
    5. Now you will need to enter the data of the other person.
      Where you see this: [“pdw#.pokemon-gl.com”] Post in the server Number. The # should be the server ID (1, 2, 3, 4).
      And where you see this: [“savedata%5Fid=######”], Enter the person's ID. The ###### should be the user ID of the person you want to befriend.
    6. You've now "visited" them!

Step Three- Sending a friend request
    Ok, so you've "visited" the person you want to befriend. Now, you "befriend" them. Once again, you don't actually have to find the person to do this. See how here:[*]Stay logged in on The Dream World [And therefore the Global Link].[*]Open a new tab and post this second code. It looks very similar to the first one, but it's slightly different.
    Code:
    pdw#.pokemon-gl.com/api/?p=pdw%2Ehome%2Efriend%5Frequest&friend%5Fmember%5Fsavedata%5Fid=######
    [*]Once again, now you need to enter the other person's data.
    Where you see this: [“pdw#.pokemon-gl.com”] Post in the server Number. The # should be the server ID (1, 2, 3, 4).
    And where you see this: [“savedata%5Fid=######”], Enter the person's ID. The ###### should be the user ID of the person you want to befriend.[*]If the browser returns with [“{joined=0}”] when you press enter, that means the befriending was successful. Your request will appear on the person's Dream World like any normal request and if they accept it, you'll be friends!

Still need it clear? Here's an example.
    Ok, want to see it in action? Ok. Well, let's say I want to add Will-powered-Spriter [A.K.A WPS], who was kind enough to give me his world and ID in the Dream World Discussion thread. He, like me, is World 3, and has an ID No of 1231435.

First, I log into the Global Link and open my Dream World.

I then open a new tab and put this in the website address.
    Code:
    pdw3.pokemon-gl.com/api/?p=pdw%2Ehome%2Efriend%5Fisland&friend%5Fmember%5Fsavedata%5Fid=1231435
    Notice how I changed the # signs to the relevant numbers this time? That's what you should do. I've now virtually visited WPS.

So I then close that tab and open up a new one, pasting this in:
    Code:
    pdw3.pokemon-gl.com/api/?p=pdw%2Ehome%2Efriend%5Frequest&friend%5Fmember%5Fsavedata%5Fid=1231435

The browser returns "{joined=0}". That means the request was successful. Next time WPS logs into Dream World, he'll see my request. Then it's up to him whether he accepts or not.

I then close the tab and continue playing Dream World as if nothing had happened.

List of People
    Server # 1
    Jinglefruit- 997276
    Ihavenot- 1891818
    Blazios- 949078
    Cloudkraken [number1]- 604207
    Cloudkraken [number2]- 679647
    Winter02- 1180835
    Quackquack- 7460798 (Most likely wrong)
    Wardek- 954317 [Wardek]
    Tom the Warrior [No1- Black]- 1081121
    Tom the Warrior [No2- White]- 1836301
    Big Nutter (Black)- 955298
    misterdarvus- 1018665
    Annihilator (White)- 1896660 [Finner0]
    Zekrom77- 1887828

Server # 2
    Shine- 1434752
    a person- 960290 -[AriMan]
    Munchy- 1143574
    mixtar- 9163922 (Most likely wrong)
    Mr.Azy- 953435
    The Golux (Jap Black)- 278788
    Winter02- 1965799

Server # 3
    Proby3- 948133 [Name Proby]
    Will-powered Spriter- 1231435 [WillPS]
    lostboy- 1948289
    joshketchum- 1908940
    Cloudkraken- 1040771
    Big Nutter (White)- 1549922
    The Golax (Eng. White)- 949683
    Annihilator (Black)- 1917789 [Finner 46]
    xKatie0391- 1028309

Server # 4
    Psychic Politoed- 1116250
    pokiac- 1075873

Hope this thread helps!
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 1st October 2011 at 11:29 AM.